Microsoft: 1.2 million Xbox Ones Sold Q1 14, 5.1 mil total

• 163 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#52 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Cool.

Really ?!

With so many price cuts , offers and a supposedly system pusher ( Titanfall ) out ? Thats far from cool...

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

So the 2:1 sales some Cows were hyping could come true by the summer. That's nuts. If Nintendo would launch a Zelda or Metroid they might be able to stand toe to toe with the Xbox One sales wise. That's even nuttier. E3 can't come soon enough!

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

The way people were talking, you would have thought a million of those were in March lol

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#55 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

That's less than the 360's post launch quarter; speaking of which, that old thing is still going relatively strong.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@Desmonic said:

Hey dudes, whatever.

4.2 million sold<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<WiiU

5.1 million shipped<<<<<<<<<<<<<<WiiU

lol

We don't have sold through numbers.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@TigerSuperman said:

@musicalmac said:

I don't know how to feel about this. Both are disappointing, and while I don't want a company to fail, I'm not necessarily rooting for either of these consoles (or the Wii U for that matter, but at least that one isn't exactly the same as it was before).

Conflicted.

When mods can't read or hear correctly there is even a bigger problem with this forum. We do not have sold through numbers.

Which mod are you referring to? In fact, I said I was conflicted and that I didn't know how to feel about this -- because we don't have all the information.

Hesitate next time you choose to criticize another's reading comprehension. For your own good.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

@TigerSuperman said:

@Chutebox said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@Chutebox said:

@TigerSuperman:

The hell are you talking about?

the 1.2 million ins the sales call was shipped (sold-in) what people are doing in this thread is assuming 4.2 million were solde because they are adding the 1.2 million to the last sold-through number of 3 million.

EXCEPT that makes no sense. Instead, you are supposed to add the 1.2 million shipped number to their last SHIPPED number which was 3.9 million. Which means that they sold 5.1 which is on the money of what MS announced (shipped).

The last we heard from MS, the X1 was at 3 million, no? If that's true, and this is the first we've heard they they've sold another 1.2m, that puts it at 4.2m.

The last we heard was 3.9 million shipped. Also don't do the "no?" thing at the end of you sentence, it makes you look dumb and it should never had made a comeback.

3 million was the sold through number. The report after that put it at 3.9 million shipped.

Link: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/23/39-million-xbox-one-consoles-shipped-in-2013

You add the 1.2 million to this number, not 3 million, both are shipped, why are people adding shipped number to sold when we have shipped numbers?

1. Shut up

2. Then that would put it at 5.1m shipped, I agree.

Epic-gamerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60 Epic-gamerz
Member since 2014 • 222 Posts

Hi, Thank you for calling GameStop Xbox Ones in stock

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

When was the last time MS actually announced sold-through for Xbone?

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 TigerSuperman

@musicalmac said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@musicalmac said:

I don't know how to feel about this. Both are disappointing, and while I don't want a company to fail, I'm not necessarily rooting for either of these consoles (or the Wii U for that matter, but at least that one isn't exactly the same as it was before).

Conflicted.

When mods can't read or hear correctly there is even a bigger problem with this forum. We do not have sold through numbers.

Which mod are you referring to? In fact, I said I was conflicted and that I didn't know how to feel about this -- because we don't have all the information.

Hesitate next time you choose to criticize another's reading comprehension. For your own good.

You would not use the word disappoint if you did not think the numbers were low. Let's drop the subject however.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

as i said before, x1 would have been flopping as hard as wiiu IF m$ didnt drop the price so quick. x1 is doomed and m$ profits are falling. ding dong, the scum are dying

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 TigerSuperman

@Chutebox said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@Chutebox said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@Chutebox said:

@TigerSuperman:

the 1.2 million ins the sales call was shipped (sold-in) what people are doing in this thread is assuming 4.2 million were solde because they are adding the 1.2 million to the last sold-through number of 3 million.

EXCEPT that makes no sense. Instead, you are supposed to add the 1.2 million shipped number to their last SHIPPED number which was 3.9 million. Which means that they sold 5.1 which is on the money of what MS announced (shipped).

The last we heard from MS, the X1 was at 3 million, no? If that's true, and this is the first we've heard they they've sold another 1.2m, that puts it at 4.2m.

The last we heard was 3.9 million shipped. Also don't do the "no?" thing at the end of you sentence, it makes you look dumb and it should never had made a comeback.

3 million was the sold through number. The report after that put it at 3.9 million shipped.

Link: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/23/39-million-xbox-one-consoles-shipped-in-2013

You add the 1.2 million to this number, not 3 million, both are shipped, why are people adding shipped number to sold when we have shipped numbers?

1. Shut up

2. Then that would put it at 5.1m shipped, I agree.

Ok

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 musicalmac  Moderator

@TigerSuperman said:

You would not use the word disappoint if you did not think the numbers were low. Let's drop the subject however.

Both are disappointing, both being the PS4 and the Xbox One. I don't care how well they sell. We don't have all the information. All these things combined to me being conflicted about the whole thing.

What subject were you hoping to drop? The reading comprehension one? I don't blame you. I'm not trying to be mean, but owning your posts is endearing.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 TigerSuperman

@misterpmedia said:

When was the last time MS actually announced sold-through for Xbone?

2013 with 3 million.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TigerSuperman

@musicalmac said:

@TigerSuperman said:

Both are disappointing, both being the PS4 and the Xbox One. I don't care how well they sell. We don't have all the information. All these things combined to me being conflicted about the whole thing.

What subject were you hoping to drop? The reading comprehension one? I don't blame you. I'm not trying to be mean, but owning your posts is endearing.

No the fact you screwed up and decided to make a threat because you wanted to cry was the issue i wanted to drop. Because of bad reading comprehension. But again. tyhank you for the time, I will be avoiding your posts for a little bit until you calm down.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 musicalmac  Moderator

@TigerSuperman said:

No the fact you screwed up and decided to make a threat because you wanted to cry was the issue i wanted to drop. Because of bad reading comprehension. But again. tyhank you for the time, I will be avoiding your posts for a little bit until you calm down.

lol, what threat? Literally just laughed out loud in my office. I could care less about the sales of either console, they're just both boring (right now).

I'm not a mean guy, just own your goofs. Humility is endearing.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 TigerSuperman

@musicalmac said:

@TigerSuperman said:

lol, what threat? Literally just laughed out loud in my office. I could care less about the sales of either console, they're just both boring (right now).

I'm not a mean guy, just own your goofs. Humility is endearing.

You would not say both were disappointing if you knew how to read and saw the op number is incorrect for sold-through units. Please continue to look like an idiot.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 musicalmac  Moderator

@TigerSuperman said:

You would not say both were disappointing if you knew how to read and saw the op number is incorrect for sold-through units. Please continue to look like an idiot.

I said both consoles are disappointing, I said nothing about sales being disappointing. I said I was conflicted overall about the information in this post.

My gut tells me you may need the cool-down so you can better understand the words people are sending your way. I'm not your enemy, relax.

sibu_xgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 sibu_xgamer
Member since 2014 • 340 Posts

Nothing very impressive specially considering that the Titanfall release is accounted for. As of right now the WiiU seems more appealing than the One so I expect the WiiU to end up in second this gen. Microsoft really has to step up their game to change my mind.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#72  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@Heil68 said:

So everyone agree that SONY is just KILLING it????

#SlayStation

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@TigerSuperman said:

@Chutebox said:

@TigerSuperman:

Good luck convincing anyone of that (I agree, btw).

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

i really cant believe sony has shipped and sold 7million consoles in 5 months 1.2 million a month thats crazy with supply constrants I cant picture no factory making a million consoles a month. A that rate 14 million by the end of the year is insane.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By tonitorsi

@Tighaman said:

i really cant believe sony has shipped and sold 7million consoles in 5 months 1.2 million a month thats crazy with supply constrants I cant picture no factory making a million consoles a month. A that rate 14 million by the end of the year is insane.

Slaying lives 1.2 million times a month?

#OhMyGodny

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#76  Edited By Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@charizard1605 said:

Microsoft sold in 2.0 million Xbox console units, including 1.2 million Xbox One consoles.

SOURCE

That comes to roughly 400,000 a month (and brings the total ales to 4.2 million worldwide, with shipments sitting at 5 million)

That's what people have been predicting, 4.2 million worldwide...amazingly accurate posts by god knows who back then.

Good job mystery posters from the past!

Yep that is what i predicted as well.... hahahaha 4.2 million almost 3 million behind the PS4 in 4 short months..

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#78 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Good numbers, better than the 360 did in this period of its lifecycle apparently. I expect the XOne to maintain steady sales in the upcoming months, as a lot of people who were waiting for the upgrade are doing so now, with all the price cuts on the hardware and software. TitanFall seems to be benefiting from good word of mouth overall, and I think it should have strong sales in April as well.

Looking forward to E3, things will just keep improving over time for Xone the way I see it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#79 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Desmonic said:

Hey dudes, whatever.

lol

I mean, Wii U has been out a full year longer...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#81 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Desmonic said:

Hey dudes, whatever.

lol

I mean, Wii U has been out a full year longer...

Didn't stop the PS4 from flying past it already :P Poor lems. Can't even beat a "dead" console XD

Yeah, but PS4 is PS4. It's the fastest selling system of all time.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Shewgenja

@Nonstop-Madness said:

HA!! Love it!

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

Sold or shipped?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Shewgenja

@xboxdone74 said:

Sold or shipped?

Shipped, apparently. Making this extra delicious lol :)

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By tonitorsi

@xboxdone74 said:

Sold or shipped?

Shipped.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By tormentos
@StormyJoe said:

Good luck convincing anyone of that (I agree, btw).

Oh NPD told the whole story the xbox one sold in US like 750k the rest outside US where the xbox one doesn't sell even half of what it sell in US,so 450 with luck and been generous,and they sold 1.2 million vs the PS4 2.8 million,so yeah 900k still unsold everything happen like i say it would...

@Alucard_Prime said:

Good numbers, better than the 360 did in this period of its lifecycle apparently. I expect the XOne to maintain steady sales in the upcoming months, as a lot of people who were waiting for the upgrade are doing so now, with all the price cuts on the hardware and software. TitanFall seems to be benefiting from good word of mouth overall, and I think it should have strong sales in April as well.

Looking forward to E3, things will just keep improving over time for Xone the way I see it.

Yep but half a million lower than what MS did on quarter 3 2006 with the xbox 360..

1.7 million vs 1.2 million for the xbox one..

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@Dire_Weasel said:

800,000 units languishing in giant stacks in big box stores.

Not that that's a big surprise, we've all seen them.

The funny thing is he Best Buy near me has a bunch on them sitting on the shelf (at least they did a few weeks ago). The Walmart has none, it does have 3 PS4's though that have been there for a few weeks or the 3 they had 2 weeks ago sold and these are new ones.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#90  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

TLHBO.

always. This is a fate they cannot escape.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#91 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@tormentos: Ok but the 360 released in Nov 2005 as far as I know, in NA. So I was saying that the Xbox One apparently has sold more in its first 6 months of availability compared to the same timeframe for the 360(Nov 2005-April 2006), so I fail to see the relevance with 2006 Q3 numbers.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Shewgenja

Xbox dOne.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@I_can_haz said:

TLHBO.

always. This is a fate they cannot escape.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Shewgenja

@Desmonic said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

@tormentos: Ok but the 360 released in Nov 2005 as far as I know, in NA. So I was saying that the Xbox One apparently has sold more in its first 6 months of availability compared to the same timeframe for the 360(Nov 2005-April 2006), so I fail to see the relevance with 2006 Q3 numbers.

I *think* he is trying to say that while the X1 started much better the demand for it is slowing down versus the X360 which started slow (compared to the X1 launch) but gained momentum as time went by.

Again, I *think* that's what he is trying to say. We really need a tormentos translator :P

That would be epic if there was a Tormentos translator. I like the guy, but sometimes I get lost on his posts :)

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

Bomba.

I expect PS4 to have almost double the sales in not over by the end of the year.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By tormentos

@Desmonic said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

I *think* he is trying to say that while the X1 started much better the demand for it is slowing down versus the X360 which started slow (compared to the X1 launch) but gained momentum as time went by.

Again, I *think* that's what he is trying to say. We really need a tormentos translator :P

"Achievement Unlock" Translation King..

hahahaha spot on..

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
@Alucard_Prime said:

Not good numbers. 360 was supply constrained at launch and there are far more gamers now.

For xbone to sell 800k less than 360 in Q3 , WITH titanfall is downright pathetic!!!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 tormentos