TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22885 Posts

@lamprey263: I want the 3ds Metroid from last year... Other M was just meh for me.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

You've all played it multiple times now.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#53 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I'd throw money at Nintendo for the Prime trilogy running in HD on the Switch. Not only are they great to play, but the art is freakin' beautiful. They hold up exceptionally well for their age.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9558 Posts

@goldenelementxl: "People called me crazy when I said Nintendo holds on to games, or spreads out their releases not based on when they’re done, but to maximize exposure. Nintendo has handled their first party game releases like the music industry handles album releases. Nintendo has done this for decades."

Is this one of those things that is good when nintendo does it but bad when sony or MS studios do (according to sw at least)?

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8466 Posts
@DocSanchez said:

You've all played it multiple times now.

And I'll happily play them many more times.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22885 Posts

@DocSanchez: I've never even seen the title screen on any prime game....

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X: It’s one of those things that is a smart business move and explains why Nintendo titles have the attach rates they do. Nintendo doesn’t need an exclusive right now. They want Smash and Pokemon Let’s Go to get the attention and space they deserve. The momentum is still hot and the software is selling well. When the numbers start to slow down, Nintendo has one in the chamber.

Software is what makes the big 3 money. Nintendo has the best attach rates and exclusive sales numbers.

X_Karen_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58 X_Karen_x
Member since 2019 • 501 Posts

It not to be discuss but do people know Half Life(1st one) has been seen running on switch? What you think of old pc game for switch. It a good idea

Micropixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Micropixel
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts

I have the Trilogy on the Wii U already so it's pretty unlikely that I'd get it again on Switch unless there are features that set it apart from previous versions.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 DocSanchez

@jaydan: Another one in Nintendo's pocket. Don't demand more, just buy the same games as before, that you already have, over and over.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 jaydan
@DocSanchez said:

@jaydan: Another one in Nintendo's pocket. Don't demand more, just buy the same games as before, that you already have, over and over.

It's not a sham if the customer is happy to play his favorite game trilogy on a handheld. You don't need to speak for those that the trilogy excites to play again.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44485 Posts

I have the Metroid Prime Trilogy Collector’s Edition steelbook and I will happily buy this on the Switch as well. That’s just how I roll. ?

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 DocSanchez
@jaydan said:
@DocSanchez said:

It's not a sham if the customer is happy to play his favorite game trilogy on a handheld. You don't need to speak for those that the trilogy excites to play again.

It's not a sham because there are enough gullible fanboys who will buy anything over and over out of blind loyalty even when they don't need to? That makes it even bigger a sham.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts
@DocSanchez said:
@jaydan said:
@DocSanchez said:

It's not a sham because there are enough gullible fanboys who will buy anything over and over out of blind loyalty even when they don't need to? That makes it even bigger a sham.

Not everyone has.... far from everyone... given the Gamecubes lack-luster reception. I've never touched a Metroid game, so this would be huge bang for the buck, especially if its a proper effort Remaster.

Never played the Ocarina of time / Majora's mask remakes either, would buy those on switch.

Fire Emblem 3DS games? yep in a heart beat.

And as already mentioned... its a completely different format, going handheld. I'd choose pleanty of previously complete games for the joy of playing them away from the desk/sofa.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 jaydan
@DocSanchez said:
@jaydan said:
@DocSanchez said:

You know what's a sham? Video games. Video games is a completely worthless hobby and you spend hundreds if not thousands on it every year. Get your foot out of your ass. You don't need to talk down on others that willfully find satisfaction in their purchases.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DocSanchez
@jaydan said:
@DocSanchez said:
@jaydan said:
@DocSanchez said:

You know what's a sham? Video games. Video games is a completely worthless hobby and you spend hundreds if not thousands on it every year. Get your foot out of your ass. You don't need to talk down on others that willfully find satisfaction in their purchases.

What a bizarre, salty post. Absolutely bizarre post. Just weird. Don't get angry son.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 DocSanchez
@kali-b1rd said:
@DocSanchez said:
@jaydan said:
@DocSanchez said:

Not everyone has.... far from everyone... given the Gamecubes lack-luster reception. I've never touched a Metroid game, so this would be huge bang for the buck, especially if its a proper effort Remaster.

Never played the Ocarina of time / Majora's mask remakes either, would buy those on switch.

And as already mentioned... its a completely different format, going handheld. I'd choose pleanty of previously complete games for the joy of playing them away from the desk/sofa.

They have already rereleased these games on wii, playable on wii u. So this will be the fourth gen on the row the same game is being available, if it is. And I've owned it. It's not suitable to on the go play at all. Too many people give Nintendo a free pass. They said there wouldn't be droughts this time, now they are using old games to plug the gaps...and people buy them again!

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#69 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts
@DocSanchez said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@DocSanchez said:
@jaydan said:
@DocSanchez said:

They have already rereleased these games on wii, playable on wii u. So this will be the fourth gen on the row the same game is being available, if it is. And I've owned it. It's not suitable to on the go play at all. Too many people give Nintendo a free pass. They said there wouldn't be droughts this time, now they are using old games to plug the gaps...and people buy them again!

Well then, what say Resident Evil 2 Remake? Everyone already played Resident Evil 2 on the PS1, N64, GC, and where ever it was ported to. Yet you call out Nintendo about it? GTFO of here, Sony is just as guilty as well as MS. All companies will either port, remaster, or remake games because there's a demand for them.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By jaydan
@DocSanchez said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@DocSanchez said:
@jaydan said:

I have a sneaking suspicion the Prime trilogy would be the most successful on the Switch. A lot of people missed it on the Gamecube. It was a collectible on the Wii and wasn't the easiest game to find in stores, and the Wii U was a failure so it didn't benefit releasing on that console at all.

Smash Bros. Ultimate has two new Metroid reps and Smash is proving to be a hit both critically and financially. It's also a strong benefit that the demand for Metroid Prime 4 among the fanbase has been heard loud and clear not only by Nintendo but new generations taking interest in trying the series. More people are paying attention to Metroid these days than it ever has.

My best bet releasing Prime Trilogy on the Switch would be a big success for both the companies and the fans, both veterans to the series and new fans. I for one, have not played these games in years, and not because I never want to play them, but because these days I just have no incentive to plug in a Gamecube or Wii and be stuck on a couch. If I own the games on a handheld device I would happily play the games more times. Maybe handhelds don't appeal to you but it is a MAJOR draw to others, and I think Prime Trilogy would be fantastic to have on a handheld.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 DocSanchez

@FireEmblem_Man: so just to be clear, with a straight face you are making direct comparison between resident evil 2 remake, built from the ground up fresh specifically for modern consoles, with Nintendos lazy minimum effort last gen ports? Seriously? And you are angry about it?

Sonys remakes are budget, and they dont plug gaps in another drought filled library. Nintendos ports are the exact copies, for full price, and filling the gaps where new games should be.

Dont get angry with facts son. Get angry with Nintendo.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#72 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34749 Posts
@TheEroica said:

@lamprey263: I want the 3ds Metroid from last year... Other M was just meh for me.

That would be awesome. Samus Returns came when I had already retired my 3DS, after I had begged Nintendo since 2011 to make a Metroid for 3DS. I haven't used my 3DS since Switch released, and I don't plan to either. All I hope now is that the game's inevitable bad sales for releasing so damn late wont get Nintendo thinking no one wants 2D Metroid anymore.

If they released the game on Switch, I wouldn't even hesitate getting it. It seems great. Too bad Nintendo were morons.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@Litchie: That one is definitely on my pickup list when I get paid! :D Hopefully it will come to Switch eventually though.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56361 Posts

I can see Nintendo announcing this at E3 2019 as a last resort back-up plan when you are in a drought. Yeah I can see this being true. It wouldn’t be the first time Nintendo sits on a game that’s done for months, they did that with New Super Marios Bros U Deluxe.

Edit: I will pre-order Metroid Prime Trilogy Switch version cause my GC is dying.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#75 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59290 Posts

The fans will be done as well when they see the price-point.