Metroid Dread: "Players can enjoy greater freedom when exploring compared to previous entries"

• 146 results
hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts
@casey-wegner said:
@nepu7supastar7 said:

@Pedro:

It might not outclass Ori visually but it still does look pretty badass. I'm actually super DUPER HYPED for this game! I hope it has a story like Fusion. 🤓

Ori is cheap.

Let me know when it has combat like Dread or pseudo 3D in engine gameplay scenes in it.

Let me know when Dread has visuals upgraded from their engine created in 1977.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#102 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@Pedro:

It might not outclass Ori visually but it still does look pretty badass. I'm actually super DUPER HYPED for this game! I hope it has a story like Fusion. 🤓

The game looks like it is going to be a solid entry and I look forward to it. 😁

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Pedro
@luxuryheart said:

You tried to act like you were neutral a while ago, good to know your true stance that you don't like Nintendo little lem. Like I said, I'll be keeping an eye out and calling you out on purpose. I will be annoying, so you better act right.

I have NEVER pretended to be neutral with regards to Nintendo. It is good to know that you are so easily triggered by me not liking some aspects about Nintendo. You being triggered and upset by me stating the facts about your beloved company would never annoy me. 😂 Don't be so basic.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#104  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts
@casey-wegner said:
@Maroxad said:

@hardwenzen: Sheep?

But I can't in good faith put Sony in any positive light. Their games blow, they screwed over the indie market and they price their games at 70 dollars. Why would anyone in their right mind buy a PoS5?

This is where I'm at. No need to buy PS5 at all. My PS4 is collecting dust as it is.

I have too many games to play on Switch already... I'm still playing Rise, NFS Most Wanted, have 2 NG's to beat, 100%'ing 3D World and the Doom DLC, going to play Skyward Sword for the first time.

These are all 80-90% Metacritic games, not to mention Dread and SMVT.

How much gaming can an adult play? Every worthwhile PS5 game is also on PS4.

This is how I felt after the PS2. Sony wasn't the best at anything by that point. OG Xbox had better hardware and was pushing some serious innovations to the market like Xbox Live, built in hard drive storage and IPs like Fable, Halo, Forza with games like KOTOR, Jade Empire, and Morrowind not being available on the other consoles. Sony was the worse of the three back then. That's part of the reason the PS3 flopped so hard. People didn't see a reason to continue especially when Sony was STILL resisting things like good online gameplay.

That's why most Sony fanboys today don't have friends, all the ones that did went elsewhere leaving behind nothing but sad, lonely trolls playing single player movie games while coming in here to scream out loud so somebody will acknowledge they exist.

Casey-Wegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#105 Casey-Wegner
Member since 2021 • 1470 Posts

@eoten said:
@casey-wegner said:
@Maroxad said:

@hardwenzen: Sheep?

But I can't in good faith put Sony in any positive light. Their games blow, they screwed over the indie market and they price their games at 70 dollars. Why would anyone in their right mind buy a PoS5?

This is where I'm at. No need to buy PS5 at all. My PS4 is collecting dust as it is.

I have too many games to play on Switch already... I'm still playing Rise, NFS Most Wanted, have 2 NG's to beat, 100%'ing 3D World and the Doom DLC, going to play Skyward Sword for the first time.

These are all 80-90% Metacritic games, not to mention Dread and SMVT.

How much gaming can an adult play? Every worthwhile PS5 game is also on PS4.

This is how I felt after the PS2. Sony wasn't the best at anything by that point. OG Xbox had better hardware and was pushing some serious innovations to the market like Xbox Live, built in hard drive storage and IPs like Fable, Halo, Forza with games like KOTOR, Jade Empire, and Morrowind not being available on the other consoles. Sony was the worse of the three back then. That's part of the reason the PS3 flopped so hard. People didn't see a reason to continue especially when Sony was STILL resisting things like good online gameplay.

That's why most Sony fanboys today don't have friends, all the ones that did went elsewhere leaving behind nothing but sad, lonely trolls playing single player movie games while coming in here to scream out loud so somebody will acknowledge they exist.

Five stars *****

😂wrecked

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1853 Posts

@Pedro said:
@luxuryheart said:

You tried to act like you were neutral a while ago, good to know your true stance that you don't like Nintendo little lem. Like I said, I'll be keeping an eye out and calling you out on purpose. I will be annoying, so you better act right.

I have NEVER pretended to be neutral with regards to Nintendo. It is good to know that you are so easily triggered by me not liking some aspects about Nintendo. You being triggered and upset by me stating the facts about your beloved company would never annoy me. 😂 Don't be so basic.

Except you do try to play neutral when it gets to hot to bear for you, like a coward. This is why I like even @hardwenzen more than I like you by the way. At least they bash platforms and don't cower away when called out. At least they don't pretend to be above console wars while engaging in them.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 hardwenzen

@luxuryheart said:
@Pedro said:
@luxuryheart said:

Except you do try to play neutral when it gets to hot to bear for you, like a coward. This is why I like even @hardwenzen more than I like you by the way. At least they bash platforms and don't cower away when called out. At least they don't pretend to be above console wars while engaging in them.

You hear that Pedro? He likes me more than you, so i win. Sorry, dude.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58962 Posts

Be outclasses by cheaper indie games that both look and play better... but get the Nintendo buffer where critics will lie to themselves, and you.

Very sad.

Casey-Wegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Casey-Wegner
@uninspiredcup said:

Be outclasses by cheaper indie games that both look and play better... but get the Nintendo buffer where critics will lie to themselves, and you.

Very sad.

I like how in your imaginary world where sales and scores don't count you can convince yourself of anything if you try hard enough 🤓

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

When Metroid existed in its prime its main competition was Sega. Limited and comparatively weak.

Since then the landscape shifted. No longer a pin-hole, development is now all encompassing, panoramic in scope. Ideas have been refined, innovated and iterated upon. That which was unique is now common place.

Like Metallica they used to make good shit. Now 60+ year-old men, dressed like high-schoolers who hate mom, singing about anger after a nice mug of eggnog and a bit of Game Of Thrones... it rings hollow.

The showing here thus far has been weak. And will continue to ebb the more that is shown. It was right to bring Ori up.

Sometimes it's good to accept the world has moved on, in turn it retroactively pushes others to raise their game.

In this case, it will sell, it will get buffed reviewed, but it won't be the impact it once was. People will know this, but refuse to admit it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Pedro

@luxuryheart said:

Your response is very akin to

Remember what you said, "I will be annoying, so you better act right." Seems like you got it wrong from the start. 😂

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

The Ori games were fantastic, and Metroid Dread likely will be too. You guys don't have to pick one or the other to champion or hate, you know. Just be a legit gamer and enjoy both already.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@shadyacshuns: Definately.

Dread looks superb, just like Ori.

If they are going back to the more open ended style, as opposed to the more linear Fusion/Other M style, that is all the reason to be more excited.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@uninspiredcup: The reception for the game has been very solid thus far. Harp on graphics all you like, but the gameplay shown has been well recieved.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 hardwenzen

@shadyacshuns said:

The Ori games were fantastic, and Metroid Dread likely will be too. You guys don't have to pick one or the other to champion or hate, you know. Just be a legit gamer and enjoy both already.

Youre not SW material.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#116 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

@luxuryheart said:
@Litchie said:
@luxuryheart said:

He hates the subject of Nintendo doing well and getting praise.

lol, no he doesn't. The stuff you're talking about is just fanboy nonsense. Said nonsense that he and others use to have a bit of fun with people on the internet who cares too much about these things.

From what I've seen, he gives out both credit and shit where it's due. Or funny.

Sheesh, more Lems in Sheep clothing. It isn't just KBFloyd, it's a few more.

Shouldn't one own some kind of Xbox to be a lemming?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 hardwenzen

Wow! luxuryheart is a true little sheep. Kinda cute tbh🤗

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#118  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts
@casey-wegner said:
@Pedro said:
@casey-wegner said:

We need to stop pretending the game doesn't look great. Virtually everywhere else on the internet thinks it looks great except a few haters. These aren't even direct feed screens.

Ori looks good as well, but it's cluttered visually, and a game about fairies and this is about Aliens, arm cannons and slick combat/Nintendo gameplay.

Dread will crush it for real gamers.

Ori is merely a Metroidvania.

Dread is the real deal Metroid.

The game looks fine. Great? Nah!

Ori on the other hand is visually stunning. Metroid Dread is not on that level.

Dread is for gamers. What the hell is "real" gamers?

Ori is a game

Metroid Dread is a Metroid game. It is that simple. Don't hype the game to unfathomable expectations when you literally have not played it.

I see Ori as more of an artsy game. Pretentious. Like Journey.

Jesus, did you even play Ori? It was a fun game, about as far from pretentious as you can get.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#119  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Metroid actually looks better than both those games. Plus the gameplay looks way more impressive and diverse. The background is also more realistic and alive in Dread. Plus of course the music is way better.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 hardwenzen

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 uninspiredcup  Online

Nintendo are winrar.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Mesome713

@hardwenzen: That’s clearly not me.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 hardwenzen

@mesome713 said:

@hardwenzen: That’s clearly not me.

Clearly. No sane person would ever even think of mentioning an adjustable stand, IR reader and an NFC scanner as the strength of a Switch OLED. And just imagine praising joycons, a controller i haven't seen or heard anything else but "joycon drift" from. Completely insane.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Mesome713

@hardwenzen: Drift happens mate. My DualSense drifted out the box and Sony refused to fix it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 hardwenzen

@mesome713 said:

@hardwenzen: Drift happens mate. My DualSense drifted out the box and Sony refused to fix it.

Its your head that's been drifting to the south

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Mesome713

@hardwenzen: Not really sure what that means, but ok.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 LuxuryHeart

@Litchie said:
@luxuryheart said:
@Litchie said:
@luxuryheart said:

He hates the subject of Nintendo doing well and getting praise.

lol, no he doesn't. The stuff you're talking about is just fanboy nonsense. Said nonsense that he and others use to have a bit of fun with people on the internet who cares too much about these things.

From what I've seen, he gives out both credit and shit where it's due. Or funny.

Sheesh, more Lems in Sheep clothing. It isn't just KBFloyd, it's a few more.

Shouldn't one own some kind of Xbox to be a lemming?

You play defense for the Xbox more than any other platform fam. :/

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Litchie

@luxuryheart: Well, no. I usually call Xbox redundant and boring.

Am a Nintendo fan and PC gamer. If anything, I'm most biased towards Nintendo. I'm even contemplating on getting the ultra lazy port of the worst 3D Zelda ever, Skyward Sword, since I'm Nintendo's bitch.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

The oldest (and dumbest) trick in the book for annoying fellow posters is to label them as a single fanboy, when in truth most of the people dedicated enough to post on a game board, owns and plays multiple systems.

It's the "you are what I say you are!" tactic.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Mesome713

@Litchie: You should watch the deep dive into that Remaster, they actually did some crazy stuff with it. Bombs no longer bust out a cutscene, Link just seamlessly throws them where it use to be cutscene.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 SargentD  Online
Member since 2020 • 8215 Posts

@casey-wegner said:
@sargentd said:

Dread looks like crap and I love Nintendo.

I think its going to be a brutal flop.

Metroid fans always get disappointed from nintendo.

Sure thing fakeboy 😂

That's what i play physical, got more digital. I love the switch, love Nintendo but what they showed of dread looks WEAK

Looks inferior to hollow knight and that was an indie game... an older indie game.

Metroid hasn't been the king of this genre since fusion... that came out in 2002.. almost 2 decades ago.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Mesome713

@sargentd: Hollow Knight is too plain and dull. Great gameplay, but just not on Dreads level.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 SargentD  Online

@mesome713 said:

@sargentd: Hollow Knight is too plain and dull. Great gameplay, but just not on Dreads level.

lol not on dread level and its not even out, fanboy goggles are going to explode when this thing releases

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Pedro

@sargentd said:
@mesome713 said:

lol not on dread level and its not even out, fanboy goggles are going to explode when this thing releases

These guys are new accounts sport a new breed of stupid.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Pedro
@Litchie said:

Am a Nintendo fan and PC gamer. If anything, I'm most biased towards Nintendo. I'm even contemplating on getting the ultra lazy port of the worst 3D Zelda ever, Skyward Sword, since I'm Nintendo's bitch.

If you mention anything negative about Nintendo, the lad loses his shit. 😂 I love it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 uninspiredcup  Online

Agreed, Hollow Knight is better than any Metroid game.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By SargentD  Online

absolutely a lazy minimal effort by Nintendo. This is a classic franchise and they are doing it so dirty.

You guys eating it up are sad. they giving you poopoo for dessert :(

and you smile about it!!!

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 LuxuryHeart

@Pedro said:
@Litchie said:

If you mention anything negative about Nintendo, the lad loses his shit. 😂 I love it.

You get triggered when people insult Microsoft. At least I admit that I go to bat for Nintendo.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Pedro

@luxuryheart said:

You get triggered when people insult Microsoft. At least I admit that I go to bat for Nintendo.

To the contrary. I make fun of Sony fannies because they are pretty fragile and obsess about MS. Now that I know there is a fragile Nintendo fanny, it is going to be even more entertaining. 😂 You have even started picking fights with people who are fans of Nintendo and going as far as calling these folks lems. You have lost your shit bud.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Mesome713

@sargentd: Yeah mate, still not seeing it. Holllow Knight just looks flats compared to Dread. It does t look as alive.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Yeah Hollow Knight is pretty great. I dig Ori enough and understand the comparisons. But I feel HK is the game to beat in this genre, that shit is next level. Not holding my breath for Dread to stack up, but hopefully.

Casey-Wegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Casey-Wegner

@ConanTheStoner said:

Yeah Hollow Knight is pretty great. I dig Ori enough and understand the comparisons. But I feel HK is the game to beat in this genre, that shit is next level. Not holding my breath for Dread to stack up, but hopefully.

The games are so fundamentally different it just depends on taste really. I'm more of a Metroid guy myself.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 LuxuryHeart

@Pedro said:
@luxuryheart said:

To the contrary. I make fun of Sony fannies because they are pretty fragile and obsess about MS. Now that I know there is a fragile Nintendo fanny, it is going to be even more entertaining. 😂 You have even started picking fights with people who are fans of Nintendo and going as far as calling these folks lems. You have lost your shit bud.

Yet you never make fun of Microsoft fans that are triggered by other platforms, but continue to pretend to be neutral.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Pedro

@luxuryheart: Now you are whining about me "never" making fun of Xbox fannies.😂 What I do is really of concern to you. 😎

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Litchie
@ConanTheStoner said:

Agreed, Hollow Knight is the current king of metroidvanias for me. Not holding my breath for Dread to be the "better game" either, but very much looking forward to it, like the next person who've waited for more 2D Metroid since Fusion 19 years ago.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 LuxuryHeart

@Pedro said:

@luxuryheart: Now you are whining about me "never" making fun of Xbox fannies.😂 What I do is really of concern to you. 😎

No, your fakeness annoys me. Just be real bro.