Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Looks nice, yet another GFX King on PC. Heh consoles are so behind.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

The sheer ignorance about Ray Tracing in this thread is angering.

Ray tracing is merely a technique, and does not apply to 1 specific application.

Doing it in REAL TIME is a generational leap over traditional rasterization.

It doesnt "only darken" a scene and it isnt a performance hog overall, it depends on HOW it is implemented.

Ray traced reflections will always be harder on the system and FPS because it uses a lot more rays to reflect the scene, often multiple times.

When used like in metro for global illumination, the performance hit is MUCH less.

Ray Tracing is a gamer changer for lighting and shadows, AI, sound and more.

Loading Video...

It's not ignorance, they know. They're just being fanboys.

A lot of the people saying they see no difference are PS4 fanboys that think it has the best gfx (ROFL!). The same people who say there is no difference between 30 and 60 fps.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
@BassMan said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@BassMan said:

@DragonfireXZ95: I hope they fix it. I am disappointed in the lack of options and oversights by 4A games. They are supposed to be a good PC developer, but yet they made a lot of avoidable mistakes with the PC release.

Did you try editing the cfg file? I finally found it. It's in the users\username\saved games\metro exodus folder.

There's an option to turn TAA off here: r_taa_enabled 0

You can also adjust FOV here. I made mine 65. r_base_fov 65.

I adjusted the FOV, but I was told that disabling TAA breaks the game and I did not mess with it.

Yeah, disabling TAA destroys all the lighting. I gave it a go. How on earth did they do that? lol

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

Some more pics. The lighting is just so good!

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Sometimes it looks brighter. Sometimes it looks darker. Sometimes colors change. Don't see it.

Watch the Digital Foundry PC analysis. Ray Tracing really does make the game look superior in a number of situations. Does it not look significantly more natural to you?

It's not just a matter of things looking darker in RTX mode. With RTX disabled it's as though there's some magical, pervasive light source lighting the scene from every direction, which contributes to the "gamey" look games have.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@davillain- said:

The new Digital Foundry video makes an excellent case for metro's implementation of ray tracing, and the better part is that performance cost is quantifiable, having ray tracing with a bit lower settings looks better than without. What I noticed though, is that while ray-tracing is well implemented here, traditional rendering was lacking. And this is compared to even previous Metros, but curiously only in specific areas.

Anyways, BF5 slightly impress me, but Metro Exodus makes a much better use of current ray-tracing capability, in my opinion. ("Can it run Metro Exodus" could be the new meme so bye bye Crysis) Ray-tracing is used in Hollywood in every big movie and this will become the new standard for PC gaming. I don't expect next-gen PS5 and Xbox Scarlet to use RT due to the tech isn't advanced enough for consoles yet, but I can suspect RT will be implanted for PS6/Xbox 5.

I will be moving to RTX 2080Ti at the end of the year and will buy Metro Exodus when it comes to Steam in Feb. 2020.

RTX's hardware method is similar to PowerVR's solution

http://cdn.imgtec.com/sdk-presentations/gdc2014_introductionToPowerVRRayTracing.pdf

PowerVR's older ray-tracing tech is based on BVH search engine and intersect test accelerator which is similar to NVIDIA's RT cores.

NVIDIA's RT argument

PowerVR's RT IP can be licensed.