Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts
@phbz said:

@R4gn4r0k: I think like with most modern games they try to be smart about tutorials and exposition and end up creating a messy start. I'm at this point, with most games, where I play the first hours and don't play it again for a day or so in order to reset my disappointment.

There seems to be more handholding in games in general than ever before.

Publishers and developers are terrified of scaring away customers, and wants their playerbase to be as broad as possible. So they cater to the lowest common denominator, the guy who doesn't like dying by unforseeable stuff and the guy that wants his entire screen to be full of HUD elements telling him he's doing a great job.

BUT... Metro Exodus isn't like that, tutorial may be drawn out, but once it offers freedom it lets you be completely free.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8471 Posts

That's cool but what about sales on PC?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#53 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24922 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

https://www.gry-online.pl/S013.asp?ID=113505

almost 200k on steam.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#54 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8471 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

almost 200k on steam.

So, that was the number of pre-orders that people bought on Steam and didn't cancel. What about Epic Store? I will laugh my a$$ off if the that number outweighs the total sale on Epic Store.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#55 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24922 Posts

@pc_rocks said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

almost 200k on steam.

So, that was the number of pre-orders that people bought on Steam and didn't cancel. What about Epic Store? I will laugh my a$$ off if the that number outweighs the total sale on Epic Store.

lof of people (including me) expecting review bombing on steam and it did had negative reviews on first day. then it all change and turn into very positive on steam.

so maybe sale on epic store will increase. because game have been commercial success. even in this state.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#56  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Soruce

A company that will likely be feeling happier with the result this week is Deep Silver. Metro Exodus missed out on No.1 by just 2,000 units. Yet more significantly, the game has posted a better opening week than 2013's Metro Last Light (released on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC). This result is even more impressive when you consider the growth of digital sales in the six years between the two titles (digital game sales are not counted in this data).

Good to see game is selling well, despite controversy. congrats 4A games.

Well, you forget that the only number that matters is the PC sales, So if they sold 90% on the console and 10% on pc the controversy with steam clearly hurt them but if they sold 60/40 or 70/30 it looks more ok.

So nice misleading title and article.