Metal Gear Survive is a 7.5/10 game for me.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

After putting 40 hours time in it, I am tired of this game.

It's main campaign was great.(But needed more bossfights)

Unfortunately the post game content wasn't interesting for me because it's just grinding and 2 superbosses.(I hated superbosses in Final Fantasy 7, I also hate them here)

and most of the stuff you do at post game were the stuff you did in the main game.(Makes the game more repetitive)

And COOP mode didn't attract me that much unfortunately(Despite this fact that some players love it)

For me it's a 7.5/10 game. Which is on the same league as most of Kojima's MGS games.(That were 8/10 games for me)

At least I'm happy that it was more enjoyable for me than Phantom Pain.

Edit: And Micro Transactions weren't that important in this game.(Just some useless stuff like a second playable character avatar)

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#2 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

From what you have written (notable "I'm tired of this game" "its repetitive" "Co-op did not attract me very much" and "grinding") you make it sound more like a 5/10 game.

With MGS5 I at least played the game all the way to the end and was for most parts enjoyable (would give it an 8/10, if it weren't for the game being incomplete I would have given it a 9/10)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

@Dark_sageX: Only the post game was boring for me.

And Phantom Pain was much worse than this game. Phantom Pain only had a good stealth . It's combat was awful, open world got repetitive much sooner than survive. And Phantom Pain had MGO 3 which was much worse than the coop mode of this game.

And a fun fact: I will always get tired of all games after a time.(For example I could only force myself to play GTA Vice city for 25 hours)