"Master Race" plz lol! Your precious PCs aint that good...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#501 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

@ryangcnx-2 said:

While I understand some of your points, some just don't make sense.

1: Resale of hardware, I am currently selling my GTX 680 for 275 in order fund my 2x 970 purchase. I paid 550 for that card. So i'm getting about half the cost 2.5 years later.

2: Multiplates are the best. This year Dragon Age Inquisition is my most anticipated game and it will run better on my i7 3930k and SLI GTX 970's. Smash is the only console exlclusive I'm pumped for this year.

3: Not all of us wait for steam sales. Games I really want I buy day one. DA:I is a day one purchase. As will be GTA V, The next Fallout Game, The next Elder Scrolls game and pretty much any RPG.

4: I like my consoles as well, I bought Infamous: SS day one, I bought Forza 5 day one. I will buy the Halo Collection Day one as well as Uncharcted 4. Bloodborne will also be a day one purchase. I buy games I love day one, the rest can wait until a sale. I will wait for a Amazon or Best Buy sale of a console game or PC game as well as a steam sale.

Hell, I even bought Dragon Age origins, II, ME1-3 on PC and then again on PS3 just because I wanted trophies and to relax with a controller. If Devs make a game I can really get into and play for hours on end, I will buy and sometimes twice just for trophies.

1: I meant software. Some hardware components, especially graphics cards, retain some value I know that.

2: Provided that it isn't a complete shit port, multi plats will always run better on a "platform" that can be as powerful as your wallet allows you, of course. My point is that the power of any graphics card is always underutilized when compared to a console equivalent. Inquisition will most likely be tailored to work around the bottlenecks and take advantage of the fixed architecture of the consoles, to deliver a graphical experience that can't be possible when in the PC space, similar range rigs are seen as a miasma of components that no studio can specifically program to take advantage.

3: Plenty do. Steam sales are currently nurturing a habit of making gamers get shit they don't want along side games they do, at very low prices. It sounds amazing and 100% pro-consumer but these things do have consequences. And when your average Steam enthusiast has a backlog of games he mostly will never touch because the super low price offers outpace the time you have to enjoy those products, the value or perception of value of a video game starts to sharply drop in general. And when big studios start seeing that the gaming landscape demands the same for less, you will most likely get less, for less instead.

4: You're not really part of the "problem" then :)

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#502  Edited By Thunderdrone

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

This is a classic case of consoleious delusious...

What OP see's:

What the games actually look like:

Fine. 9 year old console hardware being properly pushed:

Happy now?

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#503  Edited By Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

PC gaming has exploded and well makes no sense repeating what others have said on 1st page or go pass 20pgs lets troll

Not to mention before current gen cycle ends, pretty sure we'll get a working 7th gen emulator anyway........

immortaltech6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#504 immortaltech6
Member since 2004 • 220 Posts

This whole fanboy vs system phenomenon is like how some girls act in middle school and high school. Always whining about superficial things that really don't matter in the real grown up world, making everything a competition with other females, feeding divisive hate within themselves and others in the group and overcompensating for their own insecurities.

Let's not talk about the positives from each respective system and gaming in general but let's be like what the mainstream news, journalists and critics have conditioned us to be over time: overly critical focusing solely on the negative playground taunters in a pissing contest.

But then again, it could be further proof of the rise of gender switching behavior occurring on a biochemical and physiological level from all the chemicals and hormones ingested by the body through whatever means. Don't forget the slim jeans, eyebrow plucking and obsession with looks. Superficiality, like this phenomenon that creates division from surface differences instead of core similarities.

Mindless circle jerking from supposed "gamers" who spend more time typing and fighting about gaming than actually gaming itself. Probably brings out the social outcasts, attention seekers and people who don't even game at all but use this "war" as a medium in attempts to get that attention. Know who you're getting it from at the end of the day? People just like you, reinforcing each other through anonymous propagation. Are you that easily corrupted by the rotten apples or what?

So seriously, stop acting like those group of girls stuck in that childish phase. Or don't. Only ones you punish is yourself while people who know better just laugh and brush you off completely because they've long moved on but suddenly remember exactly what phase it is from their younger days, or worse, from recognizing it in their own children and their friends.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#505 AlexKidd5000
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

My mid range PC can run Crysis 3 maxed at 2560 x 1440, and your little baby toy can't :)

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#506 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@AlexKidd5000 said:

My mid range PC can run Crysis 3 maxed at 2560 x 1440, and your little baby toy can't :)

Someone is gonna ask for proof in a nonsensical fanboyish type of way. Just warning you ahead of time.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#507 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

@Thunderdrone: Looks great for 720p and 30fps.

I can clear this whole thread up now with one word......

G-Sync

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#508 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#509 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

@cantloginnow said:

Yeah,PC gaming isnt perfect but its the Sony fans that are lunatics.

Cows and hermits both seem to be extra coockoo here for some reason.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#510  Edited By Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@Wasdie said:

This is the kind of stuff you would expect to see on the consoles. LoDing won't be as high for a few reasons. First off the consoles need to conserve polygons where they can, that's just a given fact. Second, console gamers sit further away from their screen on average so distance details are even smaller to their eyes, thus dropping the LoD at a distance is a good way to save some polygons.

As you can see the up-close details are more or less identical. That's because situationally on a console, keeping the detail high on nearby objects is the most important part. Even if a console game could run identical PC settings fine, it's a waste to render the same way. Consoles get special LoDing because of the different situation that most gamers play the game in. There is no point for distance details on a console version to be nearly as high fidelity as that on the PC. It's a waste of polygons and rendering that could go into something else.

Really, unless you're looking for those kind of defects in the background, you aren't going to notice any differences in image quality. Console gamers aren't playing with their noses to the screen. Knocking down the LoDing just doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Gaming development 101: just because you can doesn't mean you should. When it comes to rendering, if it's details that don't really enhance the final image quality for your average user, you can afford to lose them.

On the PC they have to ballpark a bunch of LoDing and sometimes just give players full control. On a 4k setup you'll want better LoDing as your distant details will be taking up far more pixels and be more apparent on your screen. At 1080p it may not be as important so you can knock it down a bit to save some frames. Unnecessary LoDing for the sake of winning graphic debates on the internet is a horrible way to program a game. Even on the PC.

Playing Battlefield 4 on the PC is a prime case of a game dev understanding that unnecessary details for the sake of unnecessary detail is a complete waste. Distance LoDing even on ultra consists of billboards (flat textures that always point towards the user) and low details. This is because there is no reason to waste frames on something you won't be looking at much. This is partly why BF4 is so optimized and runs so smooth.

It's just logical game development, hell it's logical programming. I'm not saying the consoles are stronger than PCs or anything, but having special LoDing on the consoles that's probably worse than your typical low PC settings is going to be the norm because console games are generally developed around the user being 10 feet from the screen so little details that take up a grand total of 20 pixels aren't a huge deal and aren't missed. Why waste the rendering if you don't need it?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#511 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

No GOTY's in the last decade+....

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#512  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Necro thread

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#513 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Close it already.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#514 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Thunderdrone: Jesus.

You cows give console gamers a bad name. There is no way - no way - that a console can produce the graphics a PC can.

I say that as someone who does not like playing games on a PC.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#515 Thunderdrone

The salt

Its real! lol

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#516 Thunderdrone

@StormyJoe said:

@Thunderdrone: Jesus.

You cows give console gamers a bad name. There is no way - no way - that a console can produce the graphics a PC can.

I say that as someone who does not like playing games on a PC.

What on earth are you on about lol

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#517 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Some fun facts.

• PC is not a race.
  • PC doesn't have generations.
  • PC's aren't stagnant systems and shouldn't be compared to game consoles.
GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#518 GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts

Good thread. OP makes some good points

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points