Mass Effect is stinking for me

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

whocares9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 whocares9
Member since 2004 • 5062 Posts
Anyone know the policy for gamecrazy on returns? The back of the receipt prin is really faded. I just bought the game and am completely dissapointed with it. I was at the store for half an hour trying to decide between this game and uncharted. I went with Mass Effect. After playing it for over 2 hours I almost fell asleep playing it. It is one of the most boring games I have ever played...it could use a freaking soun track in the back ground when people are conversing or something. I couldn't keep my eyes opened. I traded some games in and added 40 bucks to buy it and feel horrible right now for buying this game. will they refund for an open item if I go in within two days? The combat in this game is horrible as well. If you like this stuff than no offense but i was wondering if anyone knew if I could just return it...maybe just choose something else in the store?
papa_smurf_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 papa_smurf_23
Member since 2007 • 544 Posts
just return it then
zayas_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 zayas_81
Member since 2004 • 1743 Posts
Like your name states, who cares...
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts
Yeah, if it was recent, just trade it in and get your money back. Save up for your Crysis expansion pack or something.
0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts
Like your name states, who cares...zayas_81

You've never spent money on a game you felt wasn't worth the money? I kinda regret paying full price for Heavenly Sword... but anyway..

TC, the only way to know for sure is call up the store you bought it from, and ask them. I hope you can get your money back. But if not, then probably the best you'll get is store credit, worst you'll get is the trade in value, which is probably only 40 bucks or so.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
Trade it in and get Uncharted.
Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Frostbite24
Member since 2003 • 4536 Posts

Anyone know the policy for gamecrazy on returns? The back of the receipt prin is really faded. I just bought the game and am completely dissapointed with it. I was at the store for half an hour trying to decide between this game and uncharted. I went with Mass Effect. After playing it for over 2 hours I almost fell asleep playing it. It is one of the most boring games I have ever played...it could use a freaking soun track in the back ground when people are conversing or something. I couldn't keep my eyes opened. I traded some games in and added 40 bucks to buy it and feel horrible right now for buying this game. will they refund for an open item if I go in within two days? The combat in this game is horrible as well. If you like this stuff than no offense but i was wondering if anyone knew if I could just return it...maybe just choose something else in the store?whocares9

whocares9, no one ****ing cares. LMAO, your reasons for not liking the game are you were sleepy, it is boring, and the combat sucks...Way to back up your opinion with facts. Thanks for playing or rather please quit gaming.

whocares9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 whocares9
I don't hate the game, I am just going to go by the store and see right now. Thanks for the replies. I thought the character design is superb in the game and so far the story was decent. I just kept yawing and wanting to play something else when I was playing this. I hope I don't have to trade it in...I might than have to keep it...I would lose nearly 50% of the money :(
Avatar image for ProductNumber49
ProductNumber49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 ProductNumber49
Member since 2006 • 3840 Posts
maybe not your taste then...
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
Trade it in or if you want more money, sell it online.
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts
I don't hate the game, I am just going to go by the store and see right now. Thanks for the replies. I thought the character design is superb in the game and so far the story was decent. I just kept yawing and wanting to play something else when I was playing this. I hope I don't have to trade it in...I might than have to keep it...I would lose nearly 50% of the money :(whocares9
Well, I"m sure the store you bought it from has a 7 day return policy or something.
whocares9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 whocares9

[QUOTE="whocares9"]Anyone know the policy for gamecrazy on returns? The back of the receipt prin is really faded. I just bought the game and am completely dissapointed with it. I was at the store for half an hour trying to decide between this game and uncharted. I went with Mass Effect. After playing it for over 2 hours I almost fell asleep playing it. It is one of the most boring games I have ever played...it could use a freaking soun track in the back ground when people are conversing or something. I couldn't keep my eyes opened. I traded some games in and added 40 bucks to buy it and feel horrible right now for buying this game. will they refund for an open item if I go in within two days? The combat in this game is horrible as well. If you like this stuff than no offense but i was wondering if anyone knew if I could just return it...maybe just choose something else in the store?Frostbite24

whocares9, no one ****ing cares. LMAO, your reasons for not liking the game are you were sleepy, it is boring, and the combat sucks...Way to back up your opinion with facts. Thanks for playing or rather please quit gaming.

huh? ok Mr.fanboy, I am sorry I upset your feelings..but what do I need facts for? If you ever found a game to bore you and make you want to sleep..would you continue to play it? I think my mistake was posting this on system wars ...oops.

GoodkupoBan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GoodkupoBan
Member since 2006 • 646 Posts

[QUOTE="whocares9"]Anyone know the policy for gamecrazy on returns? The back of the receipt prin is really faded. I just bought the game and am completely dissapointed with it. I was at the store for half an hour trying to decide between this game and uncharted. I went with Mass Effect. After playing it for over 2 hours I almost fell asleep playing it. It is one of the most boring games I have ever played...it could use a freaking soun track in the back ground when people are conversing or something. I couldn't keep my eyes opened. I traded some games in and added 40 bucks to buy it and feel horrible right now for buying this game. will they refund for an open item if I go in within two days? The combat in this game is horrible as well. If you like this stuff than no offense but i was wondering if anyone knew if I could just return it...maybe just choose something else in the store?Frostbite24

His thoughts on the games has to be based off facts?

whocares9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 whocares9

[QUOTE="whocares9"]I don't hate the game, I am just going to go by the store and see right now. Thanks for the replies. I thought the character design is superb in the game and so far the story was decent. I just kept yawing and wanting to play something else when I was playing this. I hope I don't have to trade it in...I might than have to keep it...I would lose nearly 50% of the money :(FrozenLiquid
Well, I"m sure the store you bought it from has a 7 day return policy or something.

Yea, Im gonna call them first actually.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheGTAvaccine
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
If it's not your kind of game, than it's not your kind of game. I can see someone that always needs to be firing a gun in their games getting bored of ME.
whocares9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 whocares9
They just told me "to bad" ........ :(*
Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Frostbite24
Member since 2003 • 4536 Posts
[QUOTE="Frostbite24"]

[QUOTE="whocares9"]Anyone know the policy for gamecrazy on returns? The back of the receipt prin is really faded. I just bought the game and am completely dissapointed with it. I was at the store for half an hour trying to decide between this game and uncharted. I went with Mass Effect. After playing it for over 2 hours I almost fell asleep playing it. It is one of the most boring games I have ever played...it could use a freaking soun track in the back ground when people are conversing or something. I couldn't keep my eyes opened. I traded some games in and added 40 bucks to buy it and feel horrible right now for buying this game. will they refund for an open item if I go in within two days? The combat in this game is horrible as well. If you like this stuff than no offense but i was wondering if anyone knew if I could just return it...maybe just choose something else in the store?whocares9

huh? ok Mr.fanboy, I am sorry I upset your feelings..but what do I need facts for? If you ever found a game to bore you and make you want to sleep..would you continue to play it? I think my mistake was posting this on system wars ...oops.

Yeah, why the hell would we care about your problems with gamecrazy? This is a place to discuss about the current console war. I suppose in your 4723 posts you failed to realize this so I'll go easy on you, go somewhere else with your tripe. Would you be interested if I came on here and posted about how Blockbuster didn't have Mass Effect to rent? Answer the question before you start wasting more of my time.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
You won't love every game you play, regardless of score. If it's not your flavor, it's not your flavor.
turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
surprise : you got bad taste in games.
whocares9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 whocares9

If it's not your kind of game, than it's not your kind of game. I can see someone that always needs to be firing a gun in their games getting bored of ME.TheGTAvaccine

Thanks, I don't need to be firing a gun all the time. I found some of the RPG elemts great...I just found running around those plain looking space stations kind of boring.

Ollivander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Ollivander
Member since 2005 • 1975 Posts

[QUOTE="TheGTAvaccine"]If it's not your kind of game, than it's not your kind of game. I can see someone that always needs to be firing a gun in their games getting bored of ME.whocares9

Thanks, I don't need to be firing a gun all the time. I found some of the RPG elemts great...I just found running around those plain looking space stations kind of boring.

You think the Citadel is plain looking? Are you serious? I bought a 360 just for this game and boy am I impressed about how amazing it is.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
then just send it back
whocares9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 whocares9
[QUOTE="whocares9"]

[QUOTE="TheGTAvaccine"]If it's not your kind of game, than it's not your kind of game. I can see someone that always needs to be firing a gun in their games getting bored of ME.Ollivander

You think the Citadel is plain looking? Are you serious? I bought a 360 just for this game and boy am I impressed about how amazing it is.

Man, I wish that was my feeling. Maybe I wouldn't be sitting here with that "I got shafted" feeling in my gut. I am seriously considering take the loss of 30 bucks and trading it in already. Just seams so unwise on my part and I feel stupid that I didn't rent it first. I notice the frame rate loss in this game like crazy and the citdal extactly where the "keepers" are...the things that look like grasshoppers is such a boring and plain looking place...and I can't talk to everybody...not that I would want to but I guess it would add some realism. Also shaperd looks like a pansy the way he runs...no offense to anyone that runs like that lol.

King_of_Sorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 King_of_Sorrow
Member since 2007 • 1193 Posts
Take that crap back. Slap the manager if he even hesitate not to give your refund. I would also recommend finding the person who told you that crappy game was good and beat him with stick. :)
Medjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Medjai
Member since 2003 • 3839 Posts

I am guessing the TC never played KOTOR...

its a story driven RPG unless you like alot of dialog and character interaction you prob wont like this game...way to do some research before you throw down $60

Koolsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 Koolsen
Member since 2004 • 8054 Posts
Congratulations you hate stories. Then dont buy RPGs.
DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
Trade it in and get Uncharted.DaysAirlines
hehe. What if he does and he doesn't like that game either? That would be disappointing.
DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
[QUOTE="Frostbite24"]

[QUOTE="whocares9"]Anyone know the policy for gamecrazy on returns? The back of the receipt prin is really faded. I just bought the game and am completely dissapointed with it. I was at the store for half an hour trying to decide between this game and uncharted. I went with Mass Effect. After playing it for over 2 hours I almost fell asleep playing it. It is one of the most boring games I have ever played...it could use a freaking soun track in the back ground when people are conversing or something. I couldn't keep my eyes opened. I traded some games in and added 40 bucks to buy it and feel horrible right now for buying this game. will they refund for an open item if I go in within two days? The combat in this game is horrible as well. If you like this stuff than no offense but i was wondering if anyone knew if I could just return it...maybe just choose something else in the store?whocares9

Right. That's exactly why you posted it in system wars. You wanted attention, and well you got it champ. Now if what you say is true than that's really unfortunate, and next time might I suggest you do your research and if you don't like RPGs don't buy an RPG, and if you are lying: you sucessfully baited tons of people, go pat yourself on the back. :roll:
SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 SgtWhiskeyjack
Member since 2004 • 16364 Posts

Anyone know the policy for gamecrazy on returns? The back of the receipt prin is really faded. I just bought the game and am completely dissapointed with it. I was at the store for half an hour trying to decide between this game and uncharted. I went with Mass Effect. After playing it for over 2 hours I almost fell asleep playing it. It is one of the most boring games I have ever played...it could use a freaking soun track in the back ground when people are conversing or something. I couldn't keep my eyes opened. I traded some games in and added 40 bucks to buy it and feel horrible right now for buying this game. will they refund for an open item if I go in within two days? The combat in this game is horrible as well. If you like this stuff than no offense but i was wondering if anyone knew if I could just return it...maybe just choose something else in the store?whocares9

Yeah, I found the impaling of people onto spikes that cybanetically change them, boring too :roll:

I too have only played for a few hours and there is a lot of dialogue, but you would expect that since you are being introduced to a new Universe. Or would you rather play for 10 hours before you knew you place in this new universe?

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts

A big problem with it for me are the stupidly large landscapes nearly empty on planets that you can explore.

They have little importance and are big wastes of disk space.

And yes . I have the game. Which is most of you who know me havenn't seen me in a while.

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
Whocares9 please stop bashing Mass Effect, this thread clearly shows you have no grasp of the game's mechanics, the most glaring evidence being you didn't know what weapons your character could and could not train with (the Vanguard character cannot train with either ARs or SRs). You also obviously do not understand the RPG elements, seeing as how you expect your character to have perfect aim from the first minute. Next time do some reseach or even better, read the manual.
macmutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 macmutt
Member since 2007 • 100 Posts

This reply will be made into a new thread to further get my point out to more people considering the purchase.

HA-HA-HA, oh man this post is a coincidence, i used to have a 360 Elite up until about 3 weeks ago, and i was waiting for this game forever like everyone else, well my brother-in law, who lives right down the street picked it up on launch day and he saw me on Thanksgiving and he couldn't stop telling me how great the game is so much so that i even recommended it to my friend before i even saw or played it, and i'm going to be getting a Wii in a few days but he actually had me second guessing that.

So i goto his house today to finally see Mass Effect, now he was about 2 hours into the game and i saw it from this point where he was in a small gunfight and he had to disarm like 4 bombs, and these moronic enemies have the worst A.I. i ever saw their actually running right up to you and your men just to get blasted, not to mention my brother in law is the worst player at 1st & 3rd person shooters you ever saw, he just has no coordination in the 3-D world and yet he was picking off these enemies without losing an ounce of health, i mean c'mon these little shoot outs were so pathetically easy.

Then it goes into a cutscene and then he and his crew are flying in their ship to an even larger ship and then the snooze fest begins, he starts exploring this whole area and having all these long drawn out conversations with people and i finally asked him, do you have to talk to all these people, and he said yeah it helps add to your experience points.

So before you know it, it's been over an hour since he arrived on this ship and that 3 minute gunfight and when we finally shut it off to goto dinner he was still on the ship talking to people when we shut it off, it was then i knew that the only game i missed out on since i traded my 360 Elite was Call of Duty 4 and i didn't even miss out on it because he got that on launch day too and i've played it like 4 times already.

I myself already had and beat such 360 titles like Gears of war, Oblivion, Crackdown, Bioshock, Call of Duty 2 & 3, The Orange Box, Halo 3, so it was then i realized i wasn't missing anything and the Wii and Super Mario Galaxy were looking better and better.

I even tried to call my friend to tell him not to buy Mass Effect after all but it was too late, infact he had just gotten to the part with the big ship where the real boredom was about to begin, so he is now returning it tomorrow and switching it for Bioshock per my recommendation.

xSiKsHoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xSiKsHoT
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts
whocares9 i returned my copy of mass effect and my gamestop scammed me by only giving me 30 dollars back. Dont return it sell it on ebay.
whocares9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 whocares9

I am guessing the TC never played KOTOR...

its a story driven RPG unless you like alot of dialog and character interaction you prob wont like this game...way to do some research before you throw down $60

Medjai

You are right, I never played KOTOR. I do feel dumb for being so quick to get this game. I just heard so much about it.

Fumpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Fumpa
Member since 2003 • 3307 Posts
If this game is anything like KOTOR, then I feel for you. I know that KOTOR deserves its praise and its high scores, but the gameplay just didn't do it for me. From what i saw of ME, it did remind me of KOTOR, but a much much nicer looking version.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts
[QUOTE="whocares9"][QUOTE="Frostbite24"]

[QUOTE="whocares9"]Anyone know the policy for gamecrazy on returns? The back of the receipt prin is really faded. I just bought the game and am completely dissapointed with it. I was at the store for half an hour trying to decide between this game and uncharted. I went with Mass Effect. After playing it for over 2 hours I almost fell asleep playing it. It is one of the most boring games I have ever played...it could use a freaking soun track in the back ground when people are conversing or something. I couldn't keep my eyes opened. I traded some games in and added 40 bucks to buy it and feel horrible right now for buying this game. will they refund for an open item if I go in within two days? The combat in this game is horrible as well. If you like this stuff than no offense but i was wondering if anyone knew if I could just return it...maybe just choose something else in the store?DrinkDuff

Right. That's exactly why you posted it in system wars. You wanted attention, and well you got it champ. Now if what you say is true than that's really unfortunate, and next time might I suggest you do your research and if you don't like RPGs don't buy an RPG, and if you are lying: you sucessfully baited tons of people, go pat yourself on the back. :roll:

I second this. Sod off, basically.

xSiKsHoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 xSiKsHoT
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts
I have a question fellow gamespotters.. I returned my copy of mass effect and they could only give me 30 back for it, I only played it once and it was in good condition. Im very pissed and would like answers
NitaraPwnzU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NitaraPwnzU
Member since 2007 • 1470 Posts

LOL no I think we all figured out in the other thread why you don't like it.. LOL couldn't figure out what weapon your guy could use..

Squad menu FTW...So easy a "Cave Man" could do it :D

whocares9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 whocares9

Whocares9 please stop bashing Mass Effect, this thread clearly shows you have no grasp of the game's mechanics, the most glaring evidence being you didn't know what weapons your character could and could not train with (the Vanguard character cannot train with either ARs or SRs). You also obviously do not understand the RPG elements, seeing as how you expect your character to have perfect aim from the first minute. Next time do some reseach or even better, read the manual. PBSnipes

Could the fact that the game have this complete reliance on statistics be reason enough for someone out there like me to not like it? I thought it was an RPG driven with SHOOTER mechancis. Not just completely an RPG.

shaggyaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 shaggyaz
Member since 2004 • 2279 Posts

really,I just got the game today and I think its one of the best rpgs ive played.Not for everyone I guess though

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
I have a question fellow gamespotters.. I returned my copy of mass effect and they could only give me 30 back for it, I only played it once and it was in good condition. Im very pissed and would like answersxSiKsHoT
Open box, therefore you can only sell ME back to the store (I assume an EB/Gamestop) to avoid people (particularily PC gamers) from buying the game, copying the disks and returning it.
whocares9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 whocares9

[QUOTE="whocares9"]Anyone know the policy for gamecrazy on returns? The back of the receipt prin is really faded. I just bought the game and am completely dissapointed with it. I was at the store for half an hour trying to decide between this game and uncharted. I went with Mass Effect. After playing it for over 2 hours I almost fell asleep playing it. It is one of the most boring games I have ever played...it could use a freaking soun track in the back ground when people are conversing or something. I couldn't keep my eyes opened. I traded some games in and added 40 bucks to buy it and feel horrible right now for buying this game. will they refund for an open item if I go in within two days? The combat in this game is horrible as well. If you like this stuff than no offense but i was wondering if anyone knew if I could just return it...maybe just choose something else in the store?NitaraPwnzU

LOL no I think we all figured out in the other thread why you don't like it.. LOL couldn't figure out what weapon your guy could use..

Ill give the game another shot, I can't return it tonight because it is closed. So I am restarting as a soldier and will pay more attention to the menu. I did find the menu you are talking about and even changed the armor...I just didn't care much for any of the shooting in the game.

NitaraPwnzU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NitaraPwnzU

I have a question fellow gamespotters.. I returned my copy of mass effect and they could only give me 30 back for it, I only played it once and it was in good condition. Im very pissed and would like answersxSiKsHoT

Thats why blockbuster video exists not your local gamestop or EBgames... Sheesh..

demon565

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 demon565
Member since 2005 • 5167 Posts
Your barely into the game and you already want to return it? You bought an RPG so you should have known it takes time and patience to get to the good parts. After you pass Citadel the game will pick up. Just give it time.
GoodkupoBan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GoodkupoBan
Member since 2006 • 646 Posts

A big problem with it for me are the stupidly large landscapes nearly empty on planets that you can explore.

They have little importance and are big wastes of disk space.

And yes . I have the game. Which is most of you who know me havenn't seen me in a while.

Cedmln

I agree with you. Those planets are tedious and are unneeded.

whocares9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 whocares9

This reply will be made into a new thread to further get my point out to more people considering the purchase.

HA-HA-HA, oh man this post is a coincidence, i used to have a 360 Elite up until about 3 weeks ago, and i was waiting for this game forever like everyone else, well my brother-in law, who lives right down the street picked it up on launch day and he saw me on Thanksgiving and he couldn't stop telling me how great the game is so much so that i even recommended it to my friend before i even saw or played it, and i'm going to be getting a Wii in a few days but he actually had me second guessing that.

So i goto his house today to finally see Mass Effect, now he was about 2 hours into the game and i saw it from this point where he was in a small gunfight and he had to disarm like 4 bombs, and these moronic enemies have the worst A.I. i ever saw their actually running right up to you and your men just to get blasted, not to mention my brother in law is the worst player at 1st & 3rd person shooters you ever saw, he just has no coordination in the 3-D world and yet he was picking off these enemies without losing an ounce of health, i mean c'mon these little shoot outs were so pathetically easy.

Then it goes into a cutscene and then he and his crew are flying in their ship to an even larger ship and then the snooze fest begins, he starts exploring this whole area and having all these long drawn out conversations with people and i finally asked him, do you have to talk to all these people, and he said yeah it helps add to your experience points.

So before you know it, it's been over an hour since he arrived on this ship and that 3 minute gunfight and when we finally shut it off to goto dinner he was still on the ship talking to people when we shut it off, it was then i knew that the only game i missed out on since i traded my 360 Elite was Call of Duty 4 and i didn't even miss out on it because he got that on launch day too and i've played it like 4 times already.

I myself already had and beat such 360 titles like Gears of war, Oblivion, Crackdown, Bioshock, Call of Duty 2 & 3, The Orange Box, Halo 3, so it was then i realized i wasn't missing anything and the Wii and Super Mario Galaxy were looking better and better.

I even tried to call my friend to tell him not to buy Mass Effect after all but it was too late, infact he had just gotten to the part with the big ship where the real boredom was about to begin, so he is now returning it tomorrow and switching it for Bioshock per my recommendation.

macmutt

Dude, those 4 bombs to defuse right before you get to the artifact things where he gets the vision or whatever. yea, that is EXACTLY the same experience I got from the game. That citedal part is so boring..than you get some lame tool to touch each "keeper" or something like that...now I am forced to run around that boring place with really long elevator ride. I am in your boat and I am glad I am not the only one who thinks this game is oddly below average.

NitaraPwnzU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 NitaraPwnzU
[QUOTE="NitaraPwnzU"]

Ill give the game another shot, I can't return it tonight because it is closed. So I am restarting as a soldier and will pay more attention to the menu. I did find the menu you are talking about and even changed the armor...I just didn't care much for any of the shooting in the game.

It gets much much better about 1/3 of the way in.. And the weapons you have to keep an eye on...The stats on the upgrades.. help alot.. Anyways the game has a ton of depth .. if you just want a shootrer this game is not for you.. If you want a real in depth RPG with shooter elements.. Mass Effect delivers.... Ranks up there with gears of war for me..

Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Snowboarder99
Member since 2006 • 5460 Posts
Give it to me
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TheGTAvaccine
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts

Dude, those 4 bombs to defuse right before you get to the artifact things where he gets the vision or whatever. yea, that is EXACTLY the same experience I got from the game. That citedal part is so boring..than you get some lame tool to touch each "keeper" or something like that...now I am forced to run around that boring place with really long elevator ride. I am in your boat and I am glad I am not the only one who thinks this game is oddly below average.

whocares9

Oh...my god...dude, the keepers quest is a SIDE quest. Have you ever played an RPG before? Or for that matter are you literate?