Mass Effect Andromeda Xbox One Frame Rate Test (Pre-Release)

• 128 results
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@quadknight said:
@kingtito said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Not good. Can't wait to play this on my PS4 Pro.

Didn't you bash the hell out of the Pro prior to release?

Flip flopping as usual man you cows are pretty pathetic

TC just bashing as usual before it's even released. The Scorpio butthurt is real folks. TC is living proof of it.

Now for the epic TC meltdown

I only see one person having a meltdown here and it's you KingButthurt. Not my fault you bought a toaster with a spy camera instead of an actual game console. ? Don't get mad at me, I'm just delivering the news.

Right on Q. You don't disappoint with your meltdowns quack. Post more gifs and prove to the rest how much butthurt the Scorpio is going to cause you.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

May i ask what you hate about it?

I'm a huge fan of the OG trilogy too and I feel this game started just right at introducing characters and it feels like ME.

- I don't know what the hell Bioware did to the Frostbite engine, but everything about this game looks worse than anything else run on Frostbite.

- The facial animations look worse than any ME game to date. This wouldn't usually be a deal breaker, but in a game with so much story and dialogue, it's a major distraction.

- The voice acting is another step backwards for the series.

I wouldn't say I "hate" it I guess. I'm just disappointed. And after feeling bummed out and underwhelmed by Mirrors Edge, I think passing on this game for a while will be the best thing for me. Especially with games like Zelda BotW and Horizon still on my plate.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

Will enjoy playing this at 4k 60fps on my PC.

Been playing Mass Effect 1 at 4k 60fps and it looks ok for a 10 year old game.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

I'm a huge fan of the OG trilogy too and I feel this game started just right at introducing characters and it feels like ME.

- I don't know what the hell Bioware did to the Frostbite engine, but everything about this game looks worse than anything else run on Frostbite.

- The facial animations look worse than any ME game to date. This wouldn't usually be a deal breaker, but in a game with so much story and dialogue, it's a major distraction.

I wouldn't say I "hate" it I guess. I'm just disappointed. And after feeling bummed out and underwhelmed by Mirrors Edge, I think passing on this game for a while will be the best thing for me. Especially with games like Zelda BotW and Horizon still on my plate.

Fair assessment.

I can't believe I'm saying this.. but I agree with Quackknight.

This game gives me a similar feel that ME1 gave me.. that a lot of "unknown" to where the storyline will take us.

by ME2-3 as much as I loved those games, I kind of knew what the endgame would be.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#55 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@quadknight:

I can handle 20-30 fps drops. I plan to get it on Xbox One too. **** Scorpio!!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56410 Posts

@BassMan said:

Ouch! That is pretty bad. PC version is the one to get as always. Don't settle for garbage.

Yep and it's why I already pre-order the deluxe edition on PC. This damn game runs fine on my GTX 1070 after downloading the latest Nvidia drivers yesterday.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 DaVillain  Moderator

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@goldenelementxl said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

Fair assessment.

I can't believe I'm saying this.. but I agree with Quackknight.

This game gives me a similar feel that ME1 gave me.. that a lot of "unknown" to where the storyline will take us.

by ME2-3 as much as I loved those games, I kind of knew what the endgame would be.

After playing of 3 hours into the Trail on PC, I actually like everything from combat to the new classes system upgrading but only thing that's a turn-off is the facial animation but that's a giving, I can look passed that as I'll most likely dive too deep into Andromeda. The Frostbite Engine is fine, it's just the animation Humans that needs a patching up and the vocie lip-sync is on par.

I can understand GoldenElementXL not excited for Andromeda, for those who played the hell out of ME3 may not like the new features that we all love in ME3 is what I too kinda feel at first until I played the game for myself.

Nevertheless, I'm still gonna be there day one launch day.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#58 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Mr hypocrite at it again, what if the Scorpio version is better then the PS4 Pro's (for sure), you'll still be doing this? 100% not

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@speedfog said:

Mr hypocrite at it again, what if the Scorpio version is better then the PS4 Pro's (for sure), you'll still be doing this? 100% not

It's not about the graphics it's about the shitty performance. Stop giving excuses for shitty drops to 20fps. If the PS4 Pro version drops to low 20s (it won't tho' lol) like hell I'd be mad. It's unacceptable in a game like this especially since the resolution has already taken a hit. If they can't keep the game at a stable 30fps they should drop res down to 720p.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@killered3 said:

@quadknight:

lol good for you. :P I can't handle drops to 20s in a game like this. I'd rather have dropped resolution than drops to low 20s.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 DaVillain  Moderator

@killered3 said:

@quadknight:

Better you then me of playing 30fps or lower but for me, I'll be playing Andromeda on my almighty rig in 1440p/60fps. But hey, if your good with the regular Xbox One, then you really don't need lolScorpio.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@davillain-: Why do you always try to downplay Scorpio?

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

These threads are going to be fun in around eight months. :D

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

@kingtito said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Not good. Can't wait to play this on my PS4 Pro.

TC just bashing as usual before it's even released. The Scorpio butthurt is real folks. TC is living proof of it.

Yeah, he's the biggest flip flopper on here...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 DaVillain  Moderator

@primorandomguy said:

And who said I'm downplaying Scorpio? MS is wasting time with this nonsense upgrade console when they could just go ahead and make a whole new next-gen console buuuuut nope, they gotta play PC wannabes and chasing 4K is just plain silly. If someone really wants a lolScorpio, then by all means, go buy it.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

lems have low standards so this doesnt bother them.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@davillain-: And what do you think of PS Pro?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 DaVillain  Moderator

@primorandomguy: Simple, the Pro is shit and it's why I never bother with it and my Launch PS4 is still kicking ass. Hell Horizon: Zero Dawn looks damn good on my launch PS4, why should I waste my time buying Pro?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@davillain- said:

@primorandomguy: Simple, the Pro is shit and it's why I never bother with it and my Launch PS4 is still kicking ass. Hell Horizon: Zero Dawn looks damn good on my launch PS4, why should I waste my time buying Pro?

Not sure about you specifically (you obviously have no interest in the new consoles), but some people might want the choice of having the extra graphical HP, whether it's higher resolutions and/or higher framerates etc. And especially for us Xbox gamers, where the current console does struggle sometimes with certain games, Scorpio is a nice option to have (especially if you have a 4k TV, like me).

So it's hardly a waste of time for us, and it certainly isn't a "nonsense upgrade console"... especially Scorpio (1.3TF vs 6TF - slight difference here).

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@hrt_rulz01: Like I said above, if you wanna go buy Scorpio, by all means. But it's obviously Killered is okay with the current Xbox One and not interested Scorpio.

Edit: Don't you think this whole upgrading thing is silly when both Sony/MS could've put more efforts into there current-gen consoles from the start? I'm sorry but this gen is nothing to brag about and I'm not a fan of upgrading consoles.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@davillain- said:

@hrt_rulz01: Like I said above, if you wanna go buy Scorpio, by all means.

Oh I will be :)

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@quadknight: Battlefield 1 XBO already has 1280x720p resolution. What else is new?

Bioware traded Battlefield 1's 1280x720 with higher frame rates for 1564x880 with lower frame rates?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-battlefield-1-face-off

In previous Battlefield titles, both consoles operate at fixed framebuffers below the desired native 1080p resolution. The PS4 version runs at 900p, while on Xbox One this was lowered to 720p. However, in Battlefield 1 both consoles now operate using a dynamic framebuffer, adjusting rendering resolution according to load. The baseline resolution comes in at around 1000p on PS4, dropping down to 900p, with pixel counts adjusting up and down in smaller increments. By comparison, resolution on Xbox One stabilises at 900p, falling to 720p in demanding scenes

For 4K 60 fps target with PC's ultra settings, it needs the following

• 9 TFLOPS FP32, 10.98 TIOP (Int16), Fury X doesn't have this capability.
  • 312.5 GB/s physical memory bandwidth from 256 bit GDDR5-10000.
  • Tile cache render, 2nd generation for Pascal. Fury X doesn't have this capability. This reduces external memory bandwidth usage.
  • Memory delta compression superior to Maxwell v2. Maxwell v2's delta compression superior to Polaris 10's delta compression. Fury X doesn't match this capability. This reduces external memory bandwidth usage.

The difference between R9-390X and R9-480X frame rate is 1.15X.

If you apply 1.15X on top of R9-480X's 263 GB/s effective memory bandwidth, you get 302 GB/s.

R9-390X's effective memory bandwidth is about 311 GB/s. R9-390X doesn't have tile cache render nor delta memory compression features.

The difference between R9-390X and Fury X frame rate is 1.2X. If you apply 1.2X on R9-390X's 311 GB/s, it yields 373.2 GB/s. Fury X's effective memory bandwidth is about 378 GB/s. Fury X's 8.6 TFLOPS couldn't flex it's power with memory bandwidth issues.

As you can see, NVIDIA understands the problem i.e. TFLOPS can be memory bandwidth bound, but NVIDIA included very high 9 TFLOPS of shader performance.

AMD doesn't understand this basic concept!!!! AMD keeps on increasing CU and TFLOPS without f.vcking fixing the memory bandwidth problem.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Lems hiding behind Scorpio in every single thread that is related to the underperformance of their Xbone. Reminds me of DX12 days. In fact, its the exact same situation lol.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ronvalencia

@silversix_ said:

Lems hiding behind Scorpio in every single thread that is related to the underperformance of their Xbone. Reminds me of DX12 days. In fact, its the exact same situation lol.

DX12 only solves API overhead issues which occurs on the CPU side and it doesn't increase hardware level effective memory bandwidth and TFLOPS power.

The fundamental issue with GPU's power is TFLOPS and effective memory bandwidth.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

LoL really people? This game looks like crap no matter the system its on even PC, and given at how crap bioware has become I can bet it's having issues on the PC as well, when your bad graphics come down to coding then power means almost nothing.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ronvalencia

@davillain- said:
@primorandomguy said:

And who said I'm downplaying Scorpio? MS is wasting time with this nonsense upgrade console when they could just go ahead and make a whole new next-gen console buuuuut nope, they gotta play PC wannabes and chasing 4K is just plain silly. If someone really wants a lolScorpio, then by all means, go buy it.

The FLOPS power gap between Vega 11 type GPU vs XBO is larger than Xbox 360 vs XBO

Vega 11 at 6 TFLOPS vs XBO power jump

1. Integer 8bit, 24 TILOPS vs 1.31 TILOPS = 18.3X

2, FP16, 12 TFLOPS vs 1.31 TFLOPS = 9.16X

3. FP32, 6 TFLOPS vs 1.31 TFLOPS = 4.5X

XBO at 1.31 TFLOPS vs Xbox 360 power jump

1. Integer 8bit, 1.31 TILOPS vs 0.240 TILOPS = 5.5X

2, FP16, 1.31TFLOPS vs 0.240 TFLOPS = 5.5X

3. FP32, 1.31 TFLOPS vs 0.240 TFLOPS = 5.5X

Scorpio's GPU power increase is backed by substantial memory bandwidth /memory storage upgrade.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@davillain- said:
@primorandomguy said:

@davillain- said:

@davillain- said:
@killered3 said:

@quadknight:

Better you then me of playing 30fps or lower but for me, I'll be playing Andromeda on my almighty rig in 1440p/60fps. But hey, if your good with the regular Xbox One, then you really don't need lolScorpio.

Do you not see the hipocrisy here Dav? oh of course you don't.

So you upgrade your PC regularly to play games on your ALMIGHTY rig in 1440p/60fps because p's/fps matter, but you say your happy with your regular XB1/PS4 which struggle with p's/fps and are against upgraded consoles that will play games at a better resolution/frame rate etc.

So in conclussion, it's ok to upgrade as long as it's a PC, but not ok if it's consoles.

You need to stop flip flopping all over this place, you're a hypocrite, nothing more, nothing less. I'm surprised that more people don't call you out on your bullshit.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#78 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@i_p_daily: maybe it's because I drank 2 litres of cider but I don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about here.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kingtito said:

Oh look the hypocrite who doesn't care about scores or graphics again hiding on scorpio..hahahahaa

I will have such a blast with you once scorpio is out..lol

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#80 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49592 Posts

Framerate in high 20s during gameplay and low to mid 20s for some cutscenes is simply unacceptable regardless of the platform.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 ronvalencia
Loading Video...

From Digital Foundry.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@DocSanchez said:

@i_p_daily: maybe it's because I drank 2 litres of cider but I don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about here.

And you call yourself a doc.

How can you care so much to have an almighty PC (that he no doubt upgrades) to play games at 1440p/60fps and yet says he's fine with what his XB1/PS4 put out power wise, anywhere from 720-1080p & rarely at a constant 60fs and that he doesn't want upgraded consoles which will help improve the p's/fps.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily: And your point is? Let's be clear, both Sony/MS really rush there consoles back in late 2013 and now all of a sudden, both of them want to release upgrade consoles that isn't nothing to do with next-gen or the fact that both of them are chasing 4K and not improving framerates? I'm sorry but I'm not a fan of upgrading consoles and on PC, it's optional to upgrade, not mandatory. Anything else you want to ask me?

Edit: The only thing I upgrade my PC was my GTX 970 to GTX 1070 almost last year and I don't need to upgrade my PC at least maybe 3-4 years from now. Gaming in 1440p/60fps is all I wanna do and not interested in 4K.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

That generally seems okay. As long as the frame-rate is stable during combat encounters, I'm okay. It's not great, granted.

The Xbox One version will be the one I get. :)

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

Oh look the hypocrite who doesn't care about scores or graphics again hiding on scorpio..hahahahaa

I will have such a blast with you once scorpio is out..lol

Yeah most lems here are going to have a blast watching you have a meltdown every time Digital Foundry gives the nod to the Scorpio version. Hahahahahahahaha

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Scorpio cant come soon enough if they can launch by summer they should

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

I can't get over how the game looks worse than Mass Effect 3 did on last gen consoles. It's not just the faces. I don't know what Bioware did to frostbite, but maybe they need some help.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:

@i_p_daily: And your point is? Let's be clear, both Sony/MS really rush there consoles back in late 2013 and now all of a sudden, both of them want to release upgrade consoles that isn't nothing to do with next-gen or the fact that both of them are chasing 4K and not improving framerates? I'm sorry but I'm not a fan of upgrading consoles and on PC, it's optional to upgrade, not mandatory. Anything else you want to ask me?

Edit: The only thing I upgrade my PC was my GTX 970 to GTX 1070 almost last year and I don't need to upgrade my PC at least maybe 3-4 years from now. Gaming in 1440p/60fps is all I wanna do and not interested in 4K.

You do know that the Scorpio will play games at whatever resolution the devs decide to go for right? At this stage MS has said it's first party games will be 4k, but they never said it will be the only way to play them, and with the power the Scorpio has it will improve frame rates above and beyond what the XB1 will have, so it can only be a good thing.

Why does the Scorpio need to be next gen, oh and what aspect of a new console defines it to be next gen?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
Member since 2015 • 954 Posts

Pro or Xbox One, y'all still playing at 30fps on medium settings. PC the way to go.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By ronvalencia

@phantomfire335 said:

Pro or Xbox One, y'all still playing at 30fps on medium settings. PC the way to go.

That's bullshit.

From https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GTX_1060_STRIX_OC/6.html

For R9-390X with 5.9 TFLOPS.

Assassin Creed: Syndicate: 4K at 30 fps, Nvidia Gameworks

Battlefield 4: 4K at 30 fps

Batman Arkham Knight: 4K at 37.3 fps, Nvidia Gameworks

Doom 2016: 4K at 35.6 fps

F1 2016: 4K at 36.4 fps

Fallout 4: 4K at 35 fps, Nvidia Gameworks

Far Cry Primal: 4K at 29.1 fps, Nvidia Gameworks

GTA 5: 4K at 35.6 fps

Hitman: 4K at 33.5 fps

Just Cause 3: 4K at 32.8 fps, Nvidia Gameworks

Rainbow Six Siege: 4K at 42.2 fps, Nvidia Gameworks

That's a sample of 16 games that are available on game consoles, 10 games reach about 30 fps. I haven't included 4K Resident Evil 7, Forza 6 Apex, Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4, Killer Instinct and ReCore.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#91 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@moistcarrot: I like how that video manages to take a few very real and very concerning issues and makes me not care about them at all by being utterly obnoxious and clearly trying too hard to inflate them into some bigger dramatic narrative.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

lol multiplats on consoles. lol 30 fps. lol upscaled 4k. lol medium settings.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#93 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Remember when it was an Xbox franchise? Weird how it's the worst play to play this now.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#94  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49592 Posts

@Legend002 said:

Remember when it was an Xbox franchise? Weird how it's the worst play to play this now.

Mass Effect was never a Xbox franchise; nor did many folks expect it to be a Xbox franchise.

Before Mass Effect was released on the Xbox 360, BioWare was acquired by EA. (which isn't the mantra of EA to miss out on potential gaming revenue across every platform).

Also, Mass Effect on the 360 had clear performance issues; thus, Mass Effect has always been best played on a PC.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#95 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17458 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@Legend002 said:

Mass Effect was never a Xbox franchise; nor did many folks expect it to be a Xbox franchise.

Before Mass Effect was released on the Xbox 360, BioWare was acquired by EA. (which isn't the mantra of EA to miss out on potential gaming revenue across every platform).

Also, Mass Effect on the 360 had clear performance issues; thus, Mass Effect has always been best played on a PC.

Why did you ruin his hallucination Stevo?

So mean......

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#96 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@Legend002 said:

But it was an Xbox franchise. Well at least for a year. lol

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#97 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44547 Posts

Meh. I'm still picking this up for my Xbox One. I'm not overly sensitive to frame rates and resolution so I doubt that this will really bother me at all.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily said:

You do know that the Scorpio will play games at whatever resolution the devs decide to go for right? At this stage MS has said it's first party games will be 4k, but they never said it will be the only way to play them, and with the power the Scorpio has it will improve frame rates above and beyond what the XB1 will have, so it can only be a good thing.

Why does the Scorpio need to be next gen, oh and what aspect of a new console defines it to be next gen?

Okay Daily, I'm not gonna keep derailing QuadKnight's thread just because you don't like me criticizing upgrade consoles and to answer what defines next-gen consoles. Next-gen is pushing the boundaries of gaming from the previous gen, if Scorpio was really next-gen, we wouldn't be seeing Xbox One games playing on the next-gen console that is Scorpio, wouldn't consider it a new generation system unless we start seeing Scorpio only games that can't be handled on an Xbox One. Instead of making consoles that are leaps and bounds over the previous generation, they just release a system when they feel like it and I feel this is going to be a new trend. Sony/MS will start releasing new consoles at different times rather than the same year like we're used to. Scorpio is probably what the Xbox One SHOULD have been, but the parts were not marketable to consumers at the time.

Nintendo Switch is a next-gen console rather you like it or not, it's the real deal next-gen console. If you think otherwise, then don't take my word then.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58509 Posts

umm...what were you expecting? Current-gen consoles could not even do 1080 right years ago, much less now.

Honestly you folks should stop being surprised. Just accept it, concede, and don't get mad about it.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts

@navyguy21: no one remember how messed up the frame rate and how glichy ME1 was on the xbox? It was given an 85 because of it and became a 90 with the pc version because the graphic issues were fixed.

Added with ME2 it came out on ps3 months later.

Sorry but ME was not great on the xbox.