Mass Effect Andromeda Xbox One Frame Rate Test (Pre-Release)

• 128 results
QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Pixel counts indicate that during gameplay Mass Effect Andromeda on Xbox One runs at a native resolution of approximately 1564x880. During cutscenes the game either runs at approximately 1344x756 or approximately 1564x880 depending on the cutscene.

? Yikes! Sub 900p and framerate drops into the 20s. Not good at all, hopefully the day one patch fixes some of these issues. Kinda feel bad for Xbone players, I've been playing this on PC and it looks stunning and runs well there. You lems may wanna wait for the Scorpio version.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70046 Posts

I thought graphics don't matter?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By QuadKnight

@Pedro said:

I thought graphics don't matter?

Graphics still don't matter much but bad performance does hinder gameplay, you can't deny that.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Now I see why they're rushing out the scorpio lol

MS released a calculator and called it a gaming system

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Don't worry, somebody will mention the scorpio and that'll somehow make things make sense.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Not good. Can't wait to play this on my PS4 Pro.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#7 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Indeed. Avoid the PS Pro and Xbox versions. Get the best version, Microsoft Windows for PC version FTW!

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

This was a given I thought?

The XB1 has been the weakest console out of the 2 for over 3 years now, yet cows try to push some random agenda like it's an unknown thing.

The Scorpio will do what the PS4 Pro will do when this comes out, if you really care just get the PC version.

Been playing XB1 and been enjoying the game so far.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Didn't you bash the hell out of the Pro prior to release?

Flip flopping as usual man you cows are pretty pathetic

TC just bashing as usual before it's even released. The Scorpio butthurt is real folks. TC is living proof of it.

Now for the epic TC meltdown

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By QuadKnight

@kvally said:

Indeed. Avoid the PS Pro and Xbox versions. Get the best version, Microsoft Windows for PC version FTW!

Nah, I'm getting both the PC and PS4 Pro version because I can. That way I can play with my console buddies and also enjoy the PC version.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I noticed a little screen tearing during some cut scenes(X1S), probably some frame rate drops during heavy action, but overall I thought it was fine.

Game has cool art design, must look incredible 4K on the PC(or pro I guess). I'm tempted to get my 4K TV sooner than later, I forget if this game supports HDR with X1S.

Oh well, can't wait to play more tonight , sounds like you are enjoying the game TC....glad to hear it.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

And some thought Horizon visuals were possible on the Xbone? lol

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By QuadKnight

@kingtito said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

TC just bashing as usual before it's even released. The Scorpio butthurt is real folks. TC is living proof of it.

I only see one person having a meltdown here and it's you KingButthurt. Not my fault you bought a toaster with a spy camera instead of an actual game console. ? Don't get mad at me, I'm just delivering the news.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FLOPPAGE_50

@kingtito said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Yeah he did, and he had an absolute mental breakdown, claimed to have bought an Xb1S.. turned into a lem for a few months, then had ANOTHER meltdown and claimed to have sold his X1S and bought a PS4 Pro, blah blah blah.

dude is mentally whack.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pedro  Online

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Now I see why they're rushing out the scorpio lol

MS released a calculator and called it a gaming system

Based on that logic, the PS4 is a Calculator+.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FLOPPAGE_50

@silversix_ said:

never saw this anywhere on the forums.

It's universally known the XB1 is weaker than both, and would need to make sacrifices if it attempted to run Horizon, it's logic bro.

Horizon is one of the best looking console games out there.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pedro  Online

@silversix_ said:

LOL @ you believing that its not. LMAO.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By QuadKnight

@Alucard_Prime said:

I noticed a little screen tearing during some cut scenes(X1S), probably some frame rate drops during heavy action, but overall I thought it was fine.

Game has cool art design, must look incredible 4K on the PC(or pro I guess). I'm tempted to get my 4K TV sooner than later, I forget if this game supports HDR with X1S.

Oh well, can't wait to play more tonight , sounds like you are enjoying the game TC....glad to hear it.

Oh yes, I'm enjoying the game. :D It's really awesome like other ME games. The talk about janky animation is being way overblown. When you're actually playing the game you don't notice such things. It's a really nice looking game with some amazing locations. I love the combat and my squad mates are really growing on me. I think most fans of the previous ME trilogy will love it. The only bad side for me so far has been the character customization but I hear that's getting a patch eventually.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By silversix_

@Pedro said:
@silversix_ said:

LOL @ you believing that its not. LMAO.

Its a fact. Google it.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NathanDrakeSwag

756p at 20fps is driving xbots crazy. Wow so much insecurity.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FLOPPAGE_50

@quadknight said:
@Alucard_Prime said:

Oh yes, I'm enjoying the game. :D It's really awesome like other ME games. The talk about janky animation is being way overblown. When you're actually playing the game you don't notice such things. It's a really nice looking game with some amazing locations. I love the combat and my squad mates are really growing on me. I think most fans of the previous ME trilogy will love it. The only bad side for me so far has been the character customization but I hear that's getting a patch eventually.

It's insanely overblown, it's similar to old ME games and DA: I.

I feel like the press and some fanboys will shit all over this because of the ME3 ending or because the lack of Shep, but this game so far is a blast.

my hype for this is way up now.. i hope the game is long and continues this road.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kvally

@quadknight said:
@kvally said:

Nah, I'm getting both the PC and PS4 Pro version because I can. That way I can play with my console buddies and also enjoy the PC version.

I gonna get it for Scorpio for sure. I haven't decided about whether or not I would get it on PC but if I do, I would get it for Mac. I just picked up a new Macbook Pro with touch bar this past weekend. Right now it's just a rumor that they might port it to Mac.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FLOPPAGE_50

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

You talk about insecurity after an insane amount of flip flopping consoles and having meltdowns, lmao.

I'm loving this game right now and I'm playing it on Xbox.. you sound upset.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

I played a little on PC and it looks bad there. I did download on XB1, but I'm not even going to waste my time. This game is awful. And I am a HUGE Mass Effect 1-3 fan. I would be far more upset if there weren't already a ton of great games to play. It's just too bad Mass Effect, of all games, had to be the casualty.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Pedro  Online

@silversix_ said:

Its a fact. Google it.

The only fact is that its exclusive to the PS4. Only an idiot would believe that any game on the PS4 cannot run on the Xbox One and I know you are not an idiot.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kvally

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Indeed. It's almost as bad as Nioh at 720p on the 720pStation Pro. Ugh!

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By QuadKnight

@kvally said:
@quadknight said:
@kvally said:

I gonna get it for Scorpio for sure. I haven't decided about whether or not I would get it on PC but if I do, I would get it for Mac. I just picked up a new Macbook Pro with touch bar this past weekend. Right now it's just a rumor that they might port it to Mac.

Yea, it would be nice to play it on the go. I remember playing ME2 on my Macbook Pro through bootcamp, good times.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kvally

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

You talk about insecurity after an insane amount of flip flopping consoles and having meltdowns, lmao.

I'm loving this game right now and I'm playing it on Xbox.. you sound upset.

Well, would you rather play Nioh at 720p on the PS Pro or Andromeda on the Xbox at 756p. ;)

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FLOPPAGE_50

@goldenelementxl said:

I played a little on PC and it looks bad there. I did download on XB1, but I'm not even going to waste my time. This game is awful. And I am a HUGE Mass Effect 1-3 fan. I would be far more upset if there weren't already a ton of great games to play. It's just too bad Mass Effect, of all games, had to be the casualty.

May i ask what you hate about it?

I'm a huge fan of the OG trilogy too and I feel this game started just right at introducing characters and it feels like ME.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NathanDrakeSwag

@kvally said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Indeed. That's almost as bad as Nioh being 0p on the Xbone and a shame the Xbone version of Mass Effect can't achieve 1800p like the PS4 Pro version can.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FLOPPAGE_50

@kvally said:
@quadknight said:
@kvally said:

PC will most likely see the best price drop, so down the road to get the best graphical experience at 4k.. it would be a good pick up.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kvally

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kvally said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Indeed. That's almost as bad as Nioh being 0p on the Xbone and a shame the Xbone version of Mass Effect can't achieve 1800p like the PS4 Pro version can.

Indeed. Which is why I will wait for the 2160p version on the Scorpio and take a steaming diarrhea corn dump on the 1800p PS Pro version.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NathanDrakeSwag

@kvally said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kvally said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Indeed. Which is why I will wait for the 2160p version on the Scorpio and take a steaming diarrhea corn dump on the 1800p PS Pro version.

You do that. Meanwhile the rest of us will have already finished the game months ago and be moving on to newer releases during the holidays like RDR 2 with exclusive PS4 content for example.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 QuadKnight

@FLOPPAGE_50: My hype for the game has risen considerably after playing the trial. The game is feeling fresh to me similar to how ME1 felt the first time I played it. I'm really digging the stronger emphasis on exploration in this game compared to ME2 and ME3. It also helps that the combat system is legitimately good. I'm still hyping this game AAA, some people may not like it but I think everyone that legitimately gives this game a chance will eventually grow to like it.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By kvally

@quadknight said:
@kvally said:
@quadknight said:
@kvally said:

Yea, it would be nice to play it on the go. I remember playing ME2 on my Macbook Pro through bootcamp, good times.

I have only played cities skylines on my laptop. I never have a mouse or controller with me, so playing by keyboard and the touch pad, I don't know if I could even move my character, lol. I would have to have my laptop at home on a desk with a mouse connected to it in order to play it. Though if I could play it on the plane when I travel, and be comfortable using keyboard and touchpad, I would do it!

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#36 BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17851 Posts

Ouch! That is pretty bad. PC version is the one to get as always. Don't settle for garbage.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 QuadKnight

@kvally said:
@quadknight said:
@kvally said:
@quadknight said:
@kvally said:

I have only played cities skylines on my laptop. I never have a mouse or controller with me, so playing by keyboard and the touch pad, I don't know if I could even move my character, lol. I would have to have my laptop at home on a desk with a mouse connected to it in order to play it. Though if I could play it on the plane when I travel, and be comfortable using keyboard and touchpad, I would do it!

It was tricky using touch pad to play ME2 but that shouldn't be a problem for ME:A since it has native controller support.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kvally

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kvally said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kvally said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

You do that. Meanwhile the rest of us will have already finished the game months ago and be moving on to newer releases during the holidays like RDR 2 with exclusive PS4 content for example.

That's cool. Luckily, the rest of us already have so many games on Xbox and PS to keep us busy until then, it won't matter. Then when fall hits and I get RDR 2 for my Scorpio in 4K with the exact same content as the PS4, and other new releases along side the 4K version of Andromeda, I will be King of the World!!!

Awwwwwwwwwwww yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FLOPPAGE_50

@kvally said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kvally said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kvally said:

That's cool. Luckily, the rest of us already have so many games on Xbox and PS to keep us busy until then, it won't matter. Then when fall hits and I get RDR 2 for my Scorpio in 4K with the exact same content as the PS4, and other new releases along side the 4K version of Andromeda, I will be King of the World!!!

I'd just ignore him, dude seems salty af because he consistently gets called out for being a flip flopping cuck.

I doubt he will even pick up ME.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NathanDrakeSwag

@kvally said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kvally said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kvally said:

lol good joke.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 silversix_

@Pedro said:
@silversix_ said:

Its a fact. Google it.

The only fact is that its exclusive to the PS4. Only an idiot would believe that any game on the PS4 cannot run on the Xbox One and I know you are not an idiot.

What are the best visuals the X1 has offered us since the console release? Ryse? That thing was more linear than CoD, and came out in 2013. If the console was capable of producing something impressive looking *cough* such as UC4, Infamous SS, Horizon *cough*, we would have seen it by now. Instead, every multiplat performs poorly and uses dynamic resolutions that go below 900p. Hozion would not be possible with ps4 assets, even in 720p.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kvally

@quadknight said:
@kvally said:
@quadknight said:
@kvally said:
@quadknight said:

It was tricky using touch pad to play ME2 but that shouldn't be a problem for ME:A since it has native controller support.

Nice dude. Well, either way...I doubt it will make it to Mac (but I will keep my fingers crossed), and I am not going to use bootcamp. My son is always on the main computer so I am not going to bother getting it for that.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kvally

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kvally said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kvally said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

lol good joke.

Why are you upset?

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#44 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@quadknight said:

@FLOPPAGE_50: My hype for the game has risen considerably after playing the trial. The game is feeling fresh to me similar to how ME1 felt the first time I played it. I'm really digging the stronger emphasis on exploration in this game compared to ME2 and ME3. It also helps that the combat system is legitimately good. I'm still hyping this game AAA, some people may not like it but I think everyone that legitimately gives this game a chance will eventually grow to like it.

interesting you mention that you got a similar feeling to playing ME1 the first time, I felt this as well. Something about not knowing where the story is going yet, whereas with ME2/3 you knew it was going to be about fighting the reapers. This feeling is what made ME1 my favourite of the original games and if it stays I think i'll end up loving this. The level design is also a bit more open which reminds me of ME1

I think anyone who liked the original trilogy will feel right at home here. Guessing most of the negativity is coming from those who haven't played ME before, or are just out for blood.

TuMekeNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TuMekeNZ
Member since 2016 • 149 Posts

Haha wow that is pretty bad really but as long as the game plays well and has a great story, res won't matter after a while.

Still, glad Scorpio is coming as its obviously needed.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#46 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@n64dd: You're so stupid bro. The TC brought up Scorpio in the OP.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kvally

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@kvally said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kvally said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

I'd just ignore him, dude seems salty af because he consistently gets called out for being a flip flopping cuck.

I doubt he will even pick up ME.

Dude, I swear none of these people actually buy and play the games. Whenever you ask how far they are into the game or ask for their gamertag, they don't reply back or they avoid the question. For me, I just like to buy and play all the games. I share my gamertags, my trophies, my achievements my screenshots. It is about gaming after all, isn't it? I tend to find people's opinions to be more credible if they actually play the games instead of watch youtube or twitch videos all day.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@primorandomguy: and in you cue you mention it

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

>playing any FPS at 30fps whether it be console or PC.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1479 Posts
Loading Video...