Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#2 Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

It looks really mediocre. why it is called RPG when its just generic third person cover shooter?

Im huge fan of sci fi and anything space related but mass effect games just bored me.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

It looks really mediocre. why it is called RPG when its just generic third person cover shooter?

Im huge fan of sci fi and anything space related but mass effect games just bored me.

I'm not a big fan of series either but let's not jump into conclusions , we need to see more , also I didn't like the camera angle

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By the_master_race

Overload , flak cannon , remnant VI ( what is remnant ? ) ... and flamethrower ..cool it can destroy shields, an Igni sign for pathfinder

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

Combat looks decent enough, I'm just more concerned about it delivering on its story.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ghosts4ever  Online

@the_master_race said:
@ghosts4ever said:

I'm not a big fan of series either but let's not jump into conclusions , we need to see more , also I didn't like the camera angle

its EA and bioware. one is worst gaming company on earth. other is one of the worst developers today.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

The trailer did its job, it's gonna be amazing on PC

@dynamitecop said:

Combat looks decent enough, I'm just more concerned about it delivering on its story.

Indeed.

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 the_master_race
@ghosts4ever said:
@the_master_race said:
@ghosts4ever said:

its EA and bioware. one is worst gaming company on earth. other is one of the worst developers today.

slow down with the hate train buddy and don't forget EA is the publisher of many great games , like Titanfall 2

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_master_race
@mjorh said:

The trailer did its job, it's gonna be amazing on PC

padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 padaporra
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts

Looked okay, but the fact we've seen minimal footage from the game this close to release is not a good sign.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Launching March 23rd... Yeah baby, yeah!!!! :D

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-mass-effect-andromeda-trailer-shows-off-combat/1100-6446646/

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@the_master_race: Everything looks good to me. I already pre-order PC version since I got a good discount in EA Origin and I'm totally ready to play Andromeda as it is.

Now the only thing we need now is the beta info.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

I like what I've seen so far, definitely hyped for it.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Im kinda disappointed from seeing this low amount of skill per class. What the hell?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

Meh. I usually get big time RPGs on release, but this doesn't look all that great. I'm gonna wait for a sale unless I need something to play when it releases.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 AdobeArtist
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

There's also the Class and leveling skill trees for character building and customization that's not found in GeoW, Ghost Recon, Max Payne, RDR, and so on.

And while these stat based systems are part of RPG's that alone doesn't qualify the genre, or you'd also be including games like COD, The Force Unleashed, or that Wolverine movie tie-in game. The genre should have that gameplay experience that makes up the letters in RPG - role playing. Which the Mass Effect series does have in player driven world interaction which drives the story.

So yeah, Mass Effect while having shooter based combat, is still very much an RPG in gameplay experience.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#17 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

PC UI... with a control pad.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

That looks like some slow and clunky ass shooting of what little gameplay was demonstrated there. But on the bright side, he stuck out of cover the whole time. There may be hope yet. Spotted the explorer class, I wonder what that does.

Overall, it was not a bad trailer from BioWare. It said plenty of the game, and had me wanting more.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#19 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Dunno why but I was silently hoping for a bigger turn. Like, no or hardly any combat. The trailer reminded me a little too much of the previous Mass Effects. But I'll probably end up buying it anyway.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@Maroxad said:

That looks like some slow and clunky ass shooting of what little gameplay was demonstrated there.

It's a trademark of all Mass Effect games. Cover-based which isn't my style of play. Probably why I haven't finished any of the three previous ME games.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AdobeArtist

@Maroxad said:

That looks like some slow and clunky ass shooting of what little gameplay was demonstrated there. But on the bright side, he stuck out of cover the whole time. There may be hope yet. Spotted the explorer class, I wonder what that does.

Overall, it was not a bad trailer from BioWare. It said plenty of the game, and had me wanting more.

The way this flexible and dynamic skill system works, your Ryder will have access to all skill trees at any time when you level up, and can even reallocate (cost to do so? not so sure as yet). Should you choose to focus your skills along one Class Tree (or at least a majority with a couple points here and there to the others) you'll unlock Specialization skills for that class. And if you spread your skills more or less evenly across all 6 Class Trees, you then unlock the Explorer specialization, which you can think of as a "seventh class" so to speak.

I kind of like this more dynamic approach to class building, as it does give the player the freedom to create their own custom hybrid classes, or take that specialization route for highly focused builds as they see fit. So there will be a good deal of variety and diversity. But as reallocation also means you can change your class entirely, not sure how I feel about that.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Im kinda disappointed from seeing this low amount of skill per class. What the hell?

I was iffy about the new class system at first, but I'm warming up to it now. It's basically Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning class like.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AdobeArtist

@davillain- said:
@silversix_ said:

I was iffy about the new class system at first, but I'm warming up to it now. It's basically Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning class like.

It should be pointed out that additional trees (specializations) only unlock when you allocate enough points that that class tree. And there's a 7th tree for having a more or less even allocation across all 6 classes, but (if I understand correctly) spreading across 4 out of the 6 classes (as an example) will not allocate enough points to unlock the bonus set in any 1 class, nor attain the Explorer tree.

But basically these specialization skill sets haven't been shown yet.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

So can we expect at least the same amount of skills as DA:I had? As Adept, i don't want to be stuck spammin' Warp+Throw for the whole playthrough because there aren't many options.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

The leveling system sounds interesting from what I'm reading here but I feel like with the game only 2 months out we should know a lot more about it by now.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Errm did you watch the video? He didn't even use cover! :P

I loved ME but this vid worried me alot. Frenetic blasting really did make it look alot more like a shooter. Urgh.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:The genre should have that gameplay experience that makes up the letters in RPG - role playing. Which the Mass Effect series does have in player driven world interaction which drives the story.

So yeah, Mass Effect while having shooter based combat, is still very much an RPG in gameplay experience.

Word. ME did a great job with interactions between the team I thought. It might not have been as ranging as a game like say BG or something in terms of your impact but I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it (except the last 20 ... but thats a different thread!)

EDIT GS did something funky with my quote there ...

Jagoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jagoff
Member since 2016 • 515 Posts

Combat reminds me of a slower, clunkier version of Vanquish. Admittedly though that's not as bad as it may sound.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

I dunno, didn't really like it. Very close camera and narrow FOV. Flame skill looks slow and dull. Gameplay area meh. Enemies were sort of placed along a path. Strange they didn't go for something more exciting to show...

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#30 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

there is literally 0 use of cover in that video. not much shooting either mostly the guy uses different powers.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

The combat looks whatever, but wouldn't being able to switch classes on the fly offset the part where they went through the trouble of having extensive menus and skills you could put points in?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Maroxad

@AdobeArtist said:
@davillain- said:
@silversix_ said:

It should be pointed out that additional trees (specializations) only unlock when you allocate enough points that that class tree. And there's a 7th tree for having a more or less even allocation across all 6 classes, but (if I understand correctly) spreading across 4 out of the 6 classes (as an example) will not allocate enough points to unlock the bonus set in any 1 class, nor attain the Explorer tree.

So basically, what everyone else has been doing for the last decade. Albeit with 7 trees as opposed 3.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#33  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Lets see. Is it on the PC? Yes. Can you play games with a control pad on the PC? Yes. I don't see the issue.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#34  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

The player model takes up a lot of the screen when shooting. They should adjust the camera.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Awful FOV and clunky animations. Not looking that hot.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

I loved the atmosphere and story of the original ME trilogy. The game play was not the greatest but it was better if you turn up the difficulty and micro-manage everything. You could get some cool synergies between the classes.

BioWare is on my shit list for what they did with the Dragon Age series, but for some reason I still have hope this will be good.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

They literally took out the last remaining rpg element, classes.

This now just a romance sim.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Wait i was wrong, it seems like you make your own class by picking the ME3 trees and skills.

So it seems they did keep the last remaining ME rpg element (classes).

Engineer flamethrower looks cool.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

yeah, screw input options! i want this game to only support mouse and keyboard, like the original mass effect games! le PC master race!!!

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#42  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14899 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@AdobeArtist said:
@davillain- said:
@silversix_ said:

So basically, what everyone else has been doing for the last decade. Albeit with 7 trees as opposed 3.

No its 3 trees....combat, biotic, and tech. The way you spec, you get the trilogy classes (like leveling combat and biotics will unlock vanguard spec), but leveling all three gives you the new 7th class.

Powers govern your class this time, unlike in the trilogy, where class governs powers. The class gives you a bonus once unlocked but you can switch to others you unlock.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

You've only played like 5 video games in your entire lifetime kid.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

looks very mass effect-ish

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ghosts4ever  Online

@xdude85 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

You've only played like 5 video games in your entire lifetime kid.

name those 5 games my dear friend?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Maroxad

@texasgoldrush said:

No its 3 trees....combat, biotic, and tech. The way you spec, you get the trilogy classes (like leveling combat and biotics will unlock vanguard spec), but leveling all three gives you the new 7th class.

Powers govern your class this time, unlike in the trilogy, where class governs powers. The class gives you a bonus once unlocked but you can switch to others you unlock.

Yup. It is very Kingdom of Amalurish. With explorer being the Universalist class.

In other words... it fails to really capture the point of the class system, while still having it in a sense.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

@davillain- said:
@silversix_ said:

That system was completely boring though. I guess ME will probably have art and story going for it but comparisons on the RPG side to one of the most aggressively average games of all time, isn't much of a ringing endorsement.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AdobeArtist

@Maroxad said:
@texasgoldrush said:

Yup. It is very Kingdom of Amalurish. With explorer being the Universalist class.

In other words... it fails to really capture the point of the class system, while still having it in a sense.

I thought it was still based on Adept, Engineer, Soldier, Sentinel, Vanguard, and Infiltrator. Which is why I listed Explorer as a "7th class".

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#49 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14899 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@texasgoldrush said:

The old class system was limiting....this one allows for more options and more build variety. Though the specs themselves will give you unique powers.

A problem with ME3 is that you level up almost every skill at level 60 (although the variances will be different) because your class limits them outside the bonus power.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Maroxad

@texasgoldrush said:
@Maroxad said:
@texasgoldrush said:

The old class system was limiting....this one allows for more options and more build variety. Though the specs themselves will give you unique powers.

A problem with ME3 is that you level up almost every skill at level 60 (although the variances will be different) because your class limits them outside the bonus power.

Doesnt excuse using Kingdom of Amalur's system. That system was as plain as it can be.

Unless this results in an increase of viable choices, which it probably wont. Now most players will most likely run with the same 3-4 builds. Restrictions has always been an important part of buildmaking.

There are no consequences with this. Pick and choose your favorite skills from all classes, and you can still be viable. You dont have to give up anything to get what you want. You know... making choices. This is a typical case of, having a cake and eating it too.