Mario = New guitar hero?

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#51 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

But Marios gud.

kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#52 kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts
no
sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

But Marios gud.

uninspiredcup
Another point that is clearly going over his head and flying under the radar in this thread.
DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

[QUOTE="DocSanchez"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] lol we just didsHaDyCuBe321

No you didn't. And he's got a point. Nintendo aren't even spamming the character now, it's the character and the genre.

Trolls are going to stick together I guess.

If you take a look back, every single one of us shattered his feeble arguments. You guys should really try harder though.

It's like saying that Metroid Prime and Halo are them same genre...completely asinine.

Grow up. Everyone who hurts your lil feelings isn't a troll. This is system wars princess.
sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 sHaDyCuBe321
[QUOTE="sHaDyCuBe321"]

[QUOTE="DocSanchez"] No you didn't. And he's got a point. Nintendo aren't even spamming the character now, it's the character and the genre.DocSanchez

If you take a look back, every single one of us shattered his feeble arguments. You guys should really try harder though.

It's like saying that Metroid Prime and Halo are them same genre...completely asinine.

Grow up. Everyone who hurts your lil feelings isn't a troll. This is system wars princess.

My feelings are hurt? :lol:
DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 DocSanchez
[QUOTE="DocSanchez"][QUOTE="sHaDyCuBe321"]

sHaDyCuBe321

Sounds like it to me.
sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 sHaDyCuBe321
[QUOTE="DocSanchez"][QUOTE="sHaDyCuBe321"][QUOTE="DocSanchez"] Grow up. Everyone who hurts your lil feelings isn't a troll. This is system wars princess.

Sounds like it to me.

Lol, you really need to improve your inferencing skills. The words "you guys should really try harder" are a clear indication that your comments are laughable and in turn make me chuckle.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
[QUOTE="DocSanchez"][QUOTE="sHaDyCuBe321"][QUOTE="DocSanchez"] Grow up. Everyone who hurts your lil feelings isn't a troll. This is system wars princess.

Sounds like it to me.

Try harder bro, why don't you support your buddy and get destroyed along with him instead?
soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
I'm quite curious, do the people here complaining about 3 mario games being released, which play quite differently, would you be happy if they simply changed the characters for each game, but still made them play the same as they would with mario?
DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 DocSanchez
[QUOTE="sHaDyCuBe321"][QUOTE="DocSanchez"][QUOTE="sHaDyCuBe321"] My feelings are hurt? :lol:

Sounds like it to me.

Lol, you really need to improve your inferencing skills. The words "you guys should really try harder" are a clear indication that your comments are laughable and in turn make me chuckle.

Neither of us has posted anything abusive or underhand. To accuse us of trolling admits that this stuff gets to you on some level. Saying "try harder" in this instance is the equivalent of shoving your fingers in your ears and running away. I'm not trolling. If any of this upsets you this is the wrong board to be on.
DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 DocSanchez
I'm quite curious, do the people here complaining about 3 mario games being released, which play quite differently, would you be happy if they simply changed the characters for each game, but still made them play the same as they would with mario? soulitane
If Nintendo did this as a rule it'd be a step in the right direction. Away from the Disney of gaming label.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#62 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="sHaDyCuBe321"][QUOTE="DocSanchez"] Sounds like it to me.DocSanchez

Neither of us has posted anything abusive or underhand. To accuse us of trolling admits that this stuff gets to you on some level. Saying "try harder" in this instance is the equivalent of shoving your fingers in your ears and running away. I'm not trolling. If any of this upsets you this is the wrong board to be on.

You're the one telling him to "grow up" and calling him a princess. Who's really the one catching feelings here?

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
[QUOTE="soulitane"]I'm quite curious, do the people here complaining about 3 mario games being released, which play quite differently, would you be happy if they simply changed the characters for each game, but still made them play the same as they would with mario? DocSanchez
If Nintendo did this as a rule it'd be a step in the right direction. Away from the Disney of gaming label.

But how would that make a game different? It would simply change the look if it, not the gameplay, so rather an inane change if you ask me.
sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 sHaDyCuBe321

[QUOTE="sHaDyCuBe321"][QUOTE="DocSanchez"] Sounds like it to me.DocSanchez

First of I think you meant underhanded.

And agreed neither of you have posted anything underhanded or abusive, but an internet troll is " a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community"

The first part I bolded is the part that describes the thread creator.

The second part I bolded is what you were guilty of when you came in to defend what was clearly a fruitless argument. Notice how the thread creator understood that he had lost in his case and hasnt posted since?

Not to mention that you resorted to calling me a princess because you clearly saw your argument was terrible. :lol:

So it's not the equivalent of me shoving my fingers in my ears and running away because I really do want you to try harder. It's been too easy and System Wars has been very boring recently. Perhaps you're just projecting?

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
I prefered when Mario was once or twice a console, 3 in a year is a bit much.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#66 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts
I prefered when Mario was once or twice a console, 3 in a year is a bit much.locopatho
Wii U only has one NSMB (plus DLC) and is getting SM3D. No other platformers have been announced, yet.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 nintendoboy16
Well, as I expected. Typical GD doing his anti-Nintendo trolling.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"]I prefered when Mario was once or twice a console, 3 in a year is a bit much.nintendoboy16
Wii U only has one NSMB (plus DLC) and is getting SM3D. No other platformers have been announced, yet.

Whenever people are talking about how many good games WiiU has, people yell at me that Luigi counts as a game. Whenever people are talking about too much Mario, Luigi reverts to being DLC :P

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="locopatho"]I prefered when Mario was once or twice a console, 3 in a year is a bit much.locopatho

Whenever people are talking about how many good games WiiU has, people yell at me that Luigi counts as a game. Whenever people are talking about too much Mario, Luigi reverts to being DLC :P

Sometimes DLC acts as a separate game.

See: RDR: Undead Nightmare and Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] Wii U only has one NSMB (plus DLC) and is getting SM3D. No other platformers have been announced, yet.nintendoboy16

Sometimes DLC acts as a separate game.

See: RDR: Undead Nightmare and Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.

Yeah I'd consider them and Luigi to be separate games or at least expansion packs.
PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Are you complaining about games you haven't played?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

Mario will never be forgotten. :cool:

93BlackHawk93

No one will forget Super Mario

Mario-Balotelli-celebrate-010.jpg

:P

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Yes because they exactly all play the same,jump around,kill enemies and blabla :roll:
g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Nostalgia is a big factor.
Kids love Mario, Big Kids love Mario.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#75 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I'm quite curious, do the people here complaining about 3 mario games being released, which play quite differently, would you be happy if they simply changed the characters for each game, but still made them play the same as they would with mario? soulitane

Super Mario 3D World could have easily been a New IP from Nintendo with Cats being the main characters.

People probably wouldn't have gave a crap.

Slap Mario in there, OH GREAT ANOTHER MARIO GAME! (but hey they got your attention at least.)

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#76 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Mario is used a f*ckton yes, although I don't really view that as THAT bad a thing really. And for what it is worth I'm not one of those people who Bitch about or even really care that CoD is released so much either.

I mean, if I was in these positions and realized using a certain IP = truckloads of cash, I would likely find that very hard to ignore.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Meh one is dlc so it's really 2. Plus one is 2D, other is 3D and are made by different teams. They aren't as similar as GH releases are to each other.

That said, I honestly think that there are too much NSMB games. I'm losing interest in them. Maybe will get the U one if I find a copy for less than 20$.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

Mario is the most milked franchise in gaming history. People are stuck with nostalgia goggles and franchise bias so don't ever expect Mario to get bashed for it like other series.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 LegatoSkyheart

Mario is the most milked franchise in gaming history. People are stuck with nostalgia goggles and franchise bias so don't ever expect Mario to get bashed for it like other series.

FlamesOfGrey

But a lot of the times the Mario Games are only Mario in the name.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]

LegatoSkyheart

Are you using that excuse that only the platformers count as true Mario games? If so that is bull. Everything from Super Mario Bros to Mario Kart to Mario & Luigi RPGs etc... and so forth are apart of the Mario franchise. Halo Wars is still a Halo game even though it is a RTS. Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault is still a Ratchet game. Genre changes don't suddenly make a game not count.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

I don't know about guitar hero, but it's no better than CoD at this point. Since 2006, and not counting '08, there has been a new Mario platformer released. New Super Mario Bros., Mario 3D whatever, Black Ops, Modern Warfare; it's the same deal, because the fundamental gameplay mechanics are the same across each of they're respective franchises.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

^

I lol'd

NeonNinja

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#83 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

nintendo and mario..

if you make it...they will come.

000108_14.jpg

DRAGONPIECEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 DRAGONPIECEZ
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts
From now on some prerequisites should be made before a response is entertained.. Step number 1: They should take a couple of marketing classes to educate themselves. "Hurr nintehnd0nt uses Mario, teh most recognizable face in all of gaming history, in lots of their gayms!! Y dey do dat?" Step number 2: They should actually play the games they criticize. "I don't own a Wii u and 3ds lolz.. But yea that games a rehash he's jumping again!! Y dey do dat?... Ooh killzone 5!"
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 LegatoSkyheart

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]

FlamesOfGrey

Are you using that excuse that only the platformers count as true Mario games? If so that is bull. Everything from Super Mario Bros to Mario Kart to Mario & Luigi RPGs etc... and so forth are apart of the Mario franchise. Halo Wars is still a Halo game even though it is a RTS. Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault is still a Ratchet game. Genre changes don't suddenly make a game not count.

But Playing Mario Party is not the Same as Playing Super Mario Brothers.

Playing Mario Kart is not the Same as playing Paper Mario.

They're completely differenet genres (like you said). 

So comparing Mario to the likes of Guitar Hero is pretty insulting seeing how Mario games differ from each other.

Heck 3D World looks way WAY more different from 3D Land and may actually be good this time around.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

I don't know about guitar hero, but it's no better than CoD at this point. Since 2006, and not counting '08, there has been a new Mario platformer released. New Super Mario Bros., Mario 3D whatever, Black Ops, Modern Warfare; it's the same deal, because the fundamental gameplay mechanics are the same across each of they're respective franchises.

Renegade_Fury

Well I mean it only just got this bad this year. But you are right, I'm not sure why one is more justifiable than the other though, that was the point of this thread haha.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

LegatoSkyheart

But Playing Mario Party is not the Same as Playing Super Mario Brothers.

Playing Mario Kart is not the Same as playing Paper Mario.

They're completely differenet genres (like you said). 

So comparing Mario to the likes of Guitar Hero is pretty insulting seeing how Mario games differ from each other.

Heck 3D World looks way WAY more different from 3D Land and may actually be good this time around.

When talking about milkage, it doesn't matter if it's a different genre. It matter whether or not it belongs to the franchise and all of those games do. Ratchet is milked because of the amount of games like All For One, Full Frontal Assault and the PSP games like Secret Agent Clank. Those aren't traditional Ratchet games and play differently. It doesn't matter though.
thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

The whole "there's too much Mario" metality is laughable to me for so many reasons.

1. They do release multiple Mario games a year but each sub franchise is entirely different from eachother. A side scrolling Mario is totally different to a kart racing Mario to a 3d platforming Mario to a party game Mario and so on.

2. CoD, AC, and so many other franchises come out on a yearly or bianual basis and they have little to no variance from a predecessor sequel. Whereas there is even a fundamental change within direct Mario sequels; for example what they added in SMG to SMG2 is radically different.

3. NSMB was one of the best games 2d platformers of last generation, SMG2 is one of the best 3d platformers or just best game in any genre for the entire medium of any generation, Mario Kart 7 is one of the best kart racers out there, and Mario Party though contrived is still always one of the better party games.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

2. CoD, AC, and so many other franchises come out on a yearly or bianual basis and they have little to no variance from a predecessor sequel. Whereas there is even a fundamental change within direct Mario sequels; for example what they added in SMG to SMG2 is radically different.

3. NSMB was one of the best games 2d platformers of last generation, SMG2 is one of the best 3d platformers or just best game in any genre for the entire medium of any generation, Mario Kart 7 is one of the best kart racers out there, and Mario Party though contrived is still always one of the better party games.

thedude-

Ugh wow... I really don't know what to say.. did you play these games?

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 thedude-

[QUOTE="thedude-"]

GD1551

Ugh wow... I really don't know what to say.. did you play these games?

Yes and I am aware that SMG2 retreads ground from SMG.
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts
Because Mario is the single thing that will at least keep about 5 million people buying Nintendo products on lock. iF ANY SHIP hey have sinks they can just use Mario as back-up. Although that did not work to well on te gamecube, and the casuals are not on the Wii U. Pokemon sales are a bit slow, have a mario to cover that until those sales get more and more and more.
Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

Yeah.  A single 2D platformer + DLC and a single 3D platformer coming at the end of the year.  Crazy.

We havent had a main series entry since 2010 and that was one of the greatest games of last gen.  Before that it was 2007.  Before that, 2002.  Before that 1996... If you think every 3 years or more is too much then I dont know what to say.  5 games over the course of 18 years isnt exactly going to cause series fatigue.

On the other hand, if you're one of those that gets upset by milked IPs then by all means stack up on some tissues, you're going to be crying for years to come.  People like the Mario IP, get over it.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 thedude-

Regardless of having the same "characters" Mario Kart is completely different than Mario Party.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#96 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

This is far from the first time Mario saw multiple game releases in a single year. In fact, it's pretty common.

The difference between Mario and CoD is Mario games are actually pretty different from one another, save for the "new" Super Mario games

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 thedude-

How can you not see the difference between a CoD/GH and Mario as series? GH and CoD use the same formula and stack the features each new year. They have NEVER gone back to the base mechanics and formula and radically changed it up.

Putting Mario's face on games of completely different genres is milking but not in the way that the original poster classifies it. CoD and Madden are an exploitation of a popular brand that Nintendo will never resort to. Madden could have released one game and then patched it and it would have been the same as a 60 dollar new release. SMG2 compared to SM3DW is fundamentally different.

The only way to compare series is 3d platforming Mario to GH or 2d platforming to GH or Mario Kart to GH.

If you just package all the Mario games together then you clearly do not understand how different each sub series really is.

/thread

james11588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By james11588
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

For all big fans of mario, try the new game Rayman Origin and Rayman Legends

so coooool.....

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Not even close..

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#100  Edited By cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

The New Super Mario Bros. games? Yeah. They're all incredibly similar and they release them constantly. Every other mario game is fine.