Mario Kart VR

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

User Lists: 0

#1 Jag85  Online
Member since 2005 • 19546 Posts

See The Stunning New Mario Kart VR Game In Action

See The Stunning New Mario Kart VR Game In Action

This is Mario Kart, but not like you've seen or played it before.

Last updated by on July 12, 2017 at 5:23PM

Mario Kart Arcade GP VR is in the the works for Japanese arcades, and a new video for it has us wishing it was coming to other parts of the world too.

The video below posted by 4GamerMovie (via NintendoEverything) shows off familiar Mario Kart racing action but from a new and cool-looking perspective. This VR version of Mario Kart puts you in the kart itself. And it looks much more intense. Piranha plants are chomping down directly on you and it's cool to see a banana or green shell from the first-person perspective. Also, it gives a new sense of scale when you're looking up at the castle or other objects. Here's the video:

Mario Kart Arcade GP VR will open at Bandai Namco's VR Zone arcades in Tokyo this month. According to Nintendo Everything, these arcades are also coming to London, though it remains to be seen if the game will be available anywhere else.

UploadVR reports that Mario Kart GP VR is made possible using the HTC Vive headset. The video below provides a closer look at how the game works and the tech behind it.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the latest entry in the console series. It came out in April for the Nintendo Switch and set a new franchise sales record in the US.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

will be a million times funner than the 7th forza or gran turismo confirmed

whalefish82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 whalefish82
Member since 2013 • 511 Posts

This would be a best seller if they released it for the big three VR headsets. It's a real shame Nintendo don't do porting to other platforms.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

Well they are completely different games... That's like saying Superhot will be a million times more fun than BF1

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

Speak for yourself :-P MK has more of a limited appeal for me. Like, I'll play it for a while but after that...

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#6 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

@whalefish82 said:

This would be a best seller if they released it for the big three VR headsets. It's a real shame Nintendo don't do porting to other platforms.

Uh... no kidding? That would kill their business.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@ProtossRushX said:

Speak for yourself :-P MK has more of a limited appeal for me. Like, I'll play it for a while but after that...

That's you! Mario Kart is a lot more fun then what haters give it for. So clearly you speak for yourself :P

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HalcyonScarlet

@davillain- said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@ProtossRushX said:

That's you! Mario Kart is a lot more fun then what haters give it for. So clearly you speak for yourself :P

I know :-) redundant comparison though imo. Literally the only thing they have in common is that the objective is to cross the line first or get the fastest time. Otherwise they both have a time and place and it's not the same time lol. Although I really miss Diddy Kong Racing. The single player adventure thing blew me away as a kid, so much imagination with the world hub.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HalcyonScarlet

@nintendoboy16 said:
@whalefish82 said:

Even if they just did it for the PC, do you think?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@whalefish82 said:

Yeah, this would sell machines like crazy. They are missing a real opportunity for financial gain here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#11 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@whalefish82 said:

Yeah, this would sell machines like crazy. They are missing a real opportunity for financial gain here.

I think they should put it on Vive and Oculus, they don't have their own VR solution, so it's not like they are cannibalizing their own hardware in this case either.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@whalefish82 said:

If Nintendo had there own windows store version then nope, it won't even kill there business at all. The same way for MS, releasing there games into windows 10 isn't hurting them, it's making them money.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@davillain-: That's cause Microsoft fears Steam.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator

@iandizion713 said:

@davillain-: That's cause Microsoft fears Steam.

True but I never had any beef using windows store cause all your using it is to play MS exclusive games only.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@davillain-: Nintendo should release some stuff on PC, but if just put old stuff in PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#16 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

@davillain-: Nintendo should release some stuff on PC, but if just put old stuff in PC.

Yeah, like put Gamecube games on PC. Start a Virtual Console storefront, extend the range of demographics your brands are exposed to.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@iandizion713 said:

Yeah, like put Gamecube games on PC. Start a Virtual Console storefront, extend the range of demographics your brands are exposed to.

I don't know why Nintendo chooses to live in the stone age. Their games would sell like crazy on Steam; and then many PC people would stop emulating them and downloading them through other means.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

I hope it has a rearview-mirror addition, because turning my head, in fear of getting hit by, well, everything, is gonna be a pain in the neck.

Literally.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#19 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@whalefish82 said:

Yep! And I've said why so much, I've busted a few scouters.

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6609 Posts

So is there gonna be a person cleaning the headsets? I wouldn't want to use one when so many strangers are using it.

whalefish82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 whalefish82
Member since 2013 • 511 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@whalefish82 said:

I think they should put it on Vive and Oculus, they don't have their own VR solution, so it's not like they are cannibalizing their own hardware in this case either.

Exactly. It would be a best selling VR game on PC and wouldn't harm their console sales at all, because it's incompatible with the Switch. Also, if you look at the recent success of Sega with their Steam releases, I think Nintendo could do something similar and not only boost their brand, but make a lot of money in the process. Emulation of their games is extremely popular on PC, so why not cash in on that? It'd probably convince a lot of people to buy one of their consoles too.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

That looks AMAZE BALLS!

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jag85  Online

@whalefish82 said:

It hasn't even been confirmed for any Nintendo platforms, let alone other platforms. Currently, it's only been announced for arcades.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

VR racing is a nice novelty but I struggle with it. Mind you this is Project Cars Im talking about I was never any good. Come on sega Outrun 2 VR you know it makes sense.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jag85  Online

@DocSanchez said:

VR racing is a nice novelty but I struggle with it. Mind you this is Project Cars Im talking about I was never any good. Come on sega Outrun 2 VR you know it makes sense.

Sega should bring back their '90s Sega VR arcade tech, and make OutRun 2 VR a (virtual) reality.