???Manly Sniper Lounge v73®???. Edition EX2+ Turbo. ??? Hyper Posting.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1051 PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts

After a second Thanksgiving yesterday, I decided to go to Gamestop and check out their deals and ended up drunkingly buying Monster Hunter Generations, which I had little interest in before.

I've tried to get into the series before, two attempts on the PSP (Monster Hunter Freedom 2, Unite), but it never really clicked for me. Thinking of giving it another shot since I have Generations now anyways. Any series veterans recommend it as a good entry point into the series? Or is 4U more beginner friendly?

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1052 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

@pyratrum:

While 4U is a meatier game in terms of content, I think Generations is a lot more user and newbie friendly. Who knows, maybe Generations will win you over. I recommend Gaijin Hunter on Youtube for in-depth tutorial videos; if you find learning weapons to be a bit too cumbersome, he's great for explaining the ins and outs of each weapon in the game.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#1053 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Only bought Pokemon Moon (still waiting), Dirt 3, and Far Cry 3.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#1054  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Rosberg for world champion, **** Hamilton beause he's a kiss arse pommy git :P

Nope >:[. Also qualified 3 tenths faster.

But Hamilton probably doesnt have a chance unless Rosberg has some mechanical failure or crashes out. And yeah, dont think people should wish for anyone to crash out in an F1 car no matter who you go for. It's Rosberg's race to lose, he just has to play it safe and avoid incidents in this race to win it and it probably wont be difficult with accident prone Verstappen/Vettel starting on the 3rd row (which should be fun). Yas Marina's heavy braking and S chicanes also dont exactly favor RBR to even compete. But I'd rather actually have Rosberg try to win the last race and fight for 1st position even if he doesnt have to.

Avatar image for deactivated-583c85dc33d18
deactivated-583c85dc33d18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1055 deactivated-583c85dc33d18
Member since 2016 • 1619 Posts

Got my computer fixed up a few days ago... It was a faulty motherboard causing my framerate issues.

Killing Floor 2 all maxed out at a fluid 60fps at 3440x1440 resolution is just sublime. When I find myself asking "why should I continue living?" I now know the answer, and it is "Killing Floor fucking 2"

It makes little sense to me just how many levels the gunplay is over other FPS games. I could only imagine how much better FPS games as a whole would be if Killing Floor 2 was the baseline for gunplay.

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1056 PyratRum

@mmmwksil said:

@pyratrum:

While 4U is a meatier game in terms of content, I think Generations is a lot more user and newbie friendly. Who knows, maybe Generations will win you over. I recommend Gaijin Hunter on Youtube for in-depth tutorial videos; if you find learning weapons to be a bit too cumbersome, he's great for explaining the ins and outs of each weapon in the game.

Cool, I'll check them out once I start playing.

Picked up Animal Crossing New Leaf as well but my wife is currently hogging it :P

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1057 mmmwksil

@pyratrum:

Hate to break this to you, but you're never getting that copy of Animal Crossing back.

Ever.

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1058  Edited By PyratRum

@mmmwksil said:

@pyratrum:

Hate to break this to you, but you're never getting that copy of Animal Crossing back.

Ever.

You may very well be right. I was gone for about 3 and all she did was play AC. Didn't even help me cook dinner once I got home...

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1059 mmmwksil

@pyratrum:

It's okay, man. Best just buy a new copy of ACNL and waste away your free time sitting next to each other watering flowers in each other's towns. Probably the most romantic gaming activity imaginable.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1060 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@illmatic87 said:
@i_p_daily said:

Rosberg for world champion, **** Hamilton beause he's a kiss arse pommy git :P

Nope >:[. Also qualified 3 tenths faster.

But Hamilton probably doesnt have a chance unless Rosberg has some mechanical failure or crashes out. And yeah, dont think people should wish for anyone to crash out in an F1 car no matter who you go for. It's Rosberg's race to lose, he just has to play it safe and avoid incidents in this race to win it and it probably wont be difficult with accident prone Verstappen/Vettel starting on the 3rd row (which should be fun). Yas Marina's heavy braking and S chicanes also dont exactly favor RBR to even compete. But I'd rather actually have Rosberg try to win the last race and fight for 1st position even if he doesnt have to.

Well i want Ricciardo to win, but i can't stand Hamilton, so i'm going for Rosberg for the title. But i don't wish him to crash, just a mechanical failure will do lol.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#1061 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

In Chrono Trigger, your party members that are in storage autolevel with your party that is out battling, in 1995. Why did we even have jrpgs after Chrono Trigger?

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1062 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

In Chrono Trigger, your party members that are in storage autolevel with your party that is out battling, in 1995. Why did we even have jrpgs after Chrono Trigger?

Final Fantasy Type-0 did not have this. That game had 14 different characters that you had to keep leveled at all times.

I stopped playing it as soon as I hit a wall and was forced to grind for several hours. I loathe games that do not have party auto leveling.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1063 illmatic87

@i_p_daily said:

Well i want Ricciardo to win, but i can't stand Hamilton, so i'm going for Rosberg for the title. But i don't wish him to crash, just a mechanical failure will do lol.

Everyone wants Riccardio to win. Ric is such a class act. He's had several flawless drives this year. Other drivers dont want him to win though, so that they dont have to drink Champagne from his shoe lol. But the 2017 formula look lit from the specifications, The changes has heavy emphasis on aero packages which RBR has always had over the Mercs. So here's hoping there's more competition up front.

I like Hamilton, even off the track he's genuinely chill. It's just Mercedes has always marketed/presented him in a specific way. He's got good racing instincts in attacking and defending which is something Rosberg lacks in my opinion and other than a few really bad starts, he's been on point. You just dont see his racing finesse much with him running away with the race from the front. Rosberg is more of an excellent mathematical pace setter and can manage a race well, but he's still deserving coming back from that mid-year slump.

Aside from Ricciardo, Alonso is my favorite driver. I think he's the best driver on the F1 grid still and probably the 2nd most exciting behind Verstappen, it's just ashame that Alonso is in that underperforming car.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1064 illmatic87

@jg4xchamp said:

That's unrealistic.

And wow, you fucking play with EXP Share on?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1065 jg4xchamp

@illmatic87: you know it. Can't handle the thought provoking challenge and depth that comes from grinding each individual party member one by one. A true test of a gamers mettle is their time investment in a glorified game of rock, paper, scissors.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1066 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

The story mode is so much better this year in NBA 2K. Vince Howard is a huge upgrade over the shit show from last year. I'm actually gonna go back and make a shooting guard instead because he's a PG.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1067 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23963 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

I like the Valkyria Chronicles system where classes level up rather than characters. That was made even sweeter by the fact that the power curve was so low, the main reason you levelled people up was to get them to elite status and learn new orders.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1068 mmmwksil
@jg4xchamp said:

you know it. Can't handle the thought provoking challenge and depth that comes from grinding each individual party member one by one. A true test of a gamers mettle is their time investment in a glorified game of rock, paper, scissors.

I've been trying to clarify this in the Pokemon Hype Thread. Not sure if I'm failing to get my point across; I might be wording it wrong.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1069 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59224 Posts

Season 1 of Fargo, although it has quite a few boring parts, had a very satisfying ending.

That theme as well is beautiful combines with the snowy scenery.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1070 jg4xchamp

@mmmwksil said:
@jg4xchamp said:

you know it. Can't handle the thought provoking challenge and depth that comes from grinding each individual party member one by one. A true test of a gamers mettle is their time investment in a glorified game of rock, paper, scissors.

I've been trying to clarify this in the Pokemon Hype Thread. Not sure if I'm failing to get my point across; I might be wording it wrong.

aww honey, I'm being super sarcastic lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1071 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@illmatic87: Well that's all F1 comes down to the car, Hopefully now that it has been sold we can see massive changes to make 4 or 5 teams challenging for the win instead of just 2 drivers.

I love Ricciardo's shoei although he didn't invent it, he definately put it on the world stage.

After seeing what Hamilton did in that race last night shows what type of person he really is, he completely ignored the teams instructions and slowed the race down to the point where there could of been an accident.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#1072 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts
My early christmas present.
My early christmas present.

Had to buy it out of state and shipped to a local dealer because... everything is pretty much sold out everywhere in California.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1073 mmmwksil

I am really liking Westworld. Only seen two episodes but I'll get caught up before long. Might have to buy the show physically when it's released.

@jg4xchamp:

I just never know where I stand with you. *proceeds to run away crying*

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1074  Edited By illmatic87

@i_p_daily said:

@illmatic87: Well that's all F1 comes down to the car, Hopefully now that it has been sold we can see massive changes to make 4 or 5 teams challenging for the win instead of just 2 drivers.

I love Ricciardo's shoei although he didn't invent it, he definately put it on the world stage.

After seeing what Hamilton did in that race last night shows what type of person he really is, he completely ignored the teams instructions and slowed the race down to the point where there could of been an accident.

Backing someone up (or sandwiching) is just genuine racing, not something meaning to cause some accident. Daniel Ricciardo backed Raikkonnen up to allow Verstappen--his team mate--to be in a better position to overtake earlier in the year. It's just something you dont necessarily do to your team mate -- who also happens to be someone that you're competing for. It's a fine move in that situation. And that made what as a pretty unremarkable race to be pretty exciting towards the end. I'm all for letting the individual race it out as I dont think we should go back to the F1 dark ages of team orders trying to dictate a race. I'm sure you'll remember some infamous Vettel/Webber team ordering that we dont want to see again.

Ros is a deserving champ, though. That move on Verstappen early in the race was so clutch, cant imagine the pressure trying to overtake one of the hardest defenders on the grid, doing it in that low speed sector and not needing a DRS zone to accomplish it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1075 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@illmatic87: you know it. Can't handle the thought provoking challenge and depth that comes from grinding each individual party member one by one. A true test of a gamers mettle is their time investment in a glorified game of rock, paper, scissors.

Exp Share on is the only respectable way one plays Pokemon.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1076 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Almost done with Ori. Short awesome game with some of the best music I've ever heard in a videogame.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1077  Edited By jg4xchamp
@mmmwksil said:

I am really liking Westworld. Only seen two episodes but I'll get caught up before long. Might have to buy the show physically when it's released.

@jg4xchamp:

We stand perfectly fine, that pokemon thread is just psychotown, because the things people are cool with in pokemon still being there add nothing of actual value to the game other than busy work.

Evs, Ivs, pokemon traits, and egg moves could all be eliminated/reworked to all moves as TMs and nothing of value would be lost. So that's 1.

2. Exp share mitigates a lot of the tedious qualities of Pokemon, given that fundamentally if you have played one pokemon game in your life, you are set. These games can not challenge in any capacity at this point, because learning rock, paper, scissors isn't hard. And the gyms routinely gave away what you were going to deal with (can't speak to how the new structure changes that aspect). And any semblance of depth or challenge derided from these games is a product of your strategies versus the strategies of your opponent. Which again the AI is sus as ****, and a versatile team carries the day. Throw in the part that you go into a lot of battles with more pokemon to throw at your opponent than the other person can throw at you, and bam, it's entire stacked in your favor.

You can restrict yourself, but this isn't a game that benefits from them.

Limit your types and useful pokemon? You're just robbing yourself of tools to help the game out

Turn off exp share? Again all you add is busy work, not a challenge, just work.

The difficulty issue is a core problem of Pokemon's systems, it's fundamentally a better game against another player (in terms of challenge and reward) than it is in terms of its single player quest. Which is why I sort of laughed in that thread where anyone is talking about any one Pokemon being easier than the others. That's like who fucking cares, the entire series is easy as ****.

Plus I'm not much of a RPG person, much less a jrpg person (in comparison to how easily I get into other genres).

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1078 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

So, got me a new laptop + Doom + Deus Ex: Mankind Divided + Titanfall 2 this BF (though the laptop doesn't really count as I would be getting it without any discounts in any case). Fairly decent, though I'm sure some of you probably did better :P

Everyone happy with their BF loot?

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#1079 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9736 Posts

@jg4xchamp: They need to get rid of the egg moves. I never bothered to get them successfully.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1080 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@illmatic87: Yeah we don't want team orders that's for sure, but what Hamilton did showed what a bad sport he is. What he did could of caused an accident, with 4 cars nose to tail and the leader slowing the pace on certain corners is only baulking the cars behind him, which can very easily cause an accident.

I don't think any driver should do it whether it being one i like or not.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1081 Desmonic  Moderator

Hamilton? Rosberg? You noobs!

#TeamChanochNissany4Life

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1082 mems_1224

Lol Pokemon breeding. Fucking nerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1083 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Desmonic said:

Hamilton? Rosberg? You noobs!

#TeamChanochNissany4Life

Who?

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1084 Desmonic  Moderator

@i_p_daily: Exactly :P

This bro right here.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1085  Edited By Maroxad

@jg4xchamp said:
@mmmwksil said:

@jg4xchamp:

We stand perfectly fine, that pokemon thread is just psychotown, because the things people are cool with in pokemon still being there add nothing of actual value to the game other than busy work.

Evs, Ivs, pokemon traits, and egg moves could all be eliminated/reworked to all moves as TMs and nothing of value would be lost. So that's 1.

2. Exp share mitigates a lot of the tedious qualities of Pokemon, given that fundamentally if you have played one pokemon game in your life, you are set. These games can not challenge in any capacity at this point, because learning rock, paper, scissors isn't hard. And the gyms routinely gave away what you were going to deal with (can't speak to how the new structure changes that aspect). And any semblance of depth or challenge derided from these games is a product of your strategies versus the strategies of your opponent. Which again the AI is sus as ****, and a versatile team carries the day. Throw in the part that you go into a lot of battles with more pokemon to throw at your opponent than the other person can throw at you, and bam, it's entire stacked in your favor.

How exactly does turning off exp share add busywork? That is the part I never understood. With or without the exp share, there is no need to grind, as far as the main quest is concerned. The AI is somewhat improved from X and Y. Still pretty poor, but a baby step is still a step.

After the main storyline was beaten, I turned on the EXP share, since leaving the thing off had done its job.

Even though Sun and Moon was easy, it was not because of the Rock Paper Scissors aspect, the general monotyping on elite trainers (oftentimes mixed types and throwing in moves to counter the counters took care of that issue) or lack of pokemon (having 1 pokemon less matters little when they are significantly stronger than me). Instead what made it easy was the fact that the trainer AI (as you mentioned), while improved from previous games, still was still too predictable. The whole single player game for me was practically me fighting against overpowering foes constantly, but the enemy commander was that Dragon Quest AI I mentioned earlier, with some added tidbits here (one trainer liked using whirlwind against me after I buffed myself). The fact that the AI had superior pokemon mattered little when I controlled the flow of the battle.

The point is, playing the game on easy mode (EXP share, possibly combined by giving you the superpower that is Switch mode) and then complaining about the game being too easy is just silly. Especially since it is at least not as easy as previous entries which brings me to this,

@jg4xchamp said:

Which is why I sort of laughed in that thread where anyone is talking about any one Pokemon being easier than the others. That's like who fucking cares, the entire series is easy as ****.

Terrible argument.

Even in the lower half there is still a difference between a 1 and a 4. As this past US election showed. Hillary was a terrible candidate, but Trump... Trump had voodoo economic policies and disasterous environmental ones which outright were warned against by the academia. Knowing the differences in the lower scale rather than dismissing them all as terrible/easy as **** is important. Black and white thinking benefits no one.

Mass Effect or any Bethesda RPG, no matter what difficulty you play on is easy. But the difference between the lower difficulties in that game and the higher are still very noticeable. Same goes with pokemon, for even though Sun and Moon are easy, I still found myself in trouble more often than I have ever done in the previous pokemon games (or Dragon Quest, which as a franchise I find to be even easier than Pokemon).

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1086  Edited By illmatic87

@i_p_daily said:

@illmatic87: Yeah we don't want team orders that's for sure, but what Hamilton did showed what a bad sport he is. What he did could of caused an accident, with 4 cars nose to tail and the leader slowing the pace on certain corners is only baulking the cars behind him, which can very easily cause an accident.

I don't think any driver should do it whether it being one i like or not.

Not sure where you're getting this bad sportsmanship from those final few laps. You seem to be trying to dig up anything you can find to justify why you dislike this 'kiss arse pommy git'. I mean, cars that are under a slow pace are always on the track where it be someone on harder tyre compounds, someone doing conservative long tyre stints or backmarker traffic.

He just fought the only way he could till the very end. It's what you do in competition when things come down to the wire. They're the best professional racing drivers in the world and they all knew what was going on, Verstappen and Vettel would have probably done the same thing. Everything he did there was under acceptable bounds within safe racing principles, particularly acceptable in the slower windy sections of 2-3. He was even setting strong times on sector 1 where the straights are to keep Rosberg away from DRS distance. If there was any wrong doing, the racing stewards would have done something as they've always been hard on intentional foulplay over exploiting point positions ever since the Schumacher and Villenueve incident decades ago; it's that incident which is what you call bad sportsmanship.

He was gracious in defeat. All smiles and expressed that on the podium. And there's this amazing photo that was taken immediately after the race. Believe me, I know why some people dislike Hamilton with how he likes to relish in this celebrity lifetyle of topless instagram pictures, talk show appearances, celeb selfies, fade haircuts, the gold diamond chains and a recent Call of Duty cameo. But that's never really reflective on his behavior on the track and paddock. He complains alot on race radio, but so does everyone else and I think he handles F1 drama better than most drivers given the spotlight he's always had on him.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1087 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

Picked up Titanfall 2 and Destiny collection on Xone. Really wanted to play the DLC for Destiny. The game has changed a lot since it was first released.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1088 jg4xchamp
@Maroxad said:

Terrible argument.

And in this instance as someone who loves arguing semantics, I'm not exactly fond of arguing between the semantics of a 1 and a 4. You had to be so short bus, helmet bedect, paste swiling stupid to ever actually be challenged by Pokemon in any concept. In theory I'm missing some info here, because Sun and Moon make some dramatic changes to the formula. But exp share off isn't some solution to that.

Yeah you never actually needed to grind, but if you wanted to have a respectable lineup of 6, especially of Pokemon you actually liked (for instance I usually never like using the legendaries), it is a grind to keep your party up to snuff with each other and make them all viable. You can beat any of those games with really 2 pokemon, but that's the benefit of exp share, I can actually get 6 pokemon up to snuff a lot quicker. And the main quest in the construct of how those old games works, is basically me figuring out a hard counter to what I'm up against, which you learn fairly quickly, or in my case, when I finished red and blue and knew that detail inside out.

As a game the deck is entirely stacked in the players favor. You have way too much working in your favor, for a very simple concept of gameplay.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1089  Edited By Maroxad

@jg4xchamp said:
@Maroxad said:

Terrible argument.

And in this instance as someone who loves arguing semantics, I'm not exactly fond of arguing between the semantics of a 1 and a 4. You had to be so short bus, helmet bedect, paste swiling stupid to ever actually be challenged by Pokemon in any concept. In theory I'm missing some info here, because Sun and Moon make some dramatic changes to the formula. But exp share off isn't some solution to that.

Yeah you never actually needed to grind, but if you wanted to have a respectable lineup of 6, especially of Pokemon you actually liked (for instance I usually never like using the legendaries), it is a grind to keep your party up to snuff with each other and make them all viable. You can beat any of those games with really 2 pokemon, but that's the benefit of exp share, I can actually get 6 pokemon up to snuff a lot quicker. And the main quest in the construct of how those old games works, is basically me figuring out a hard counter to what I'm up against, which you learn fairly quickly, or in my case, when I finished red and blue and knew that detail inside out.

As a game the deck is entirely stacked in the players favor. You have way too much working in your favor, for a very simple concept of gameplay.

No pokemon game is hard. No one is really arguing for that, what some are arguing for however, is the fact that the game is not as much of a cakewalk as gen 6 was (enemies are higher levelled, have better movesets, better AI). And for the record, I just picked the cheesiest things I could find, Alolan Exeggutor and Dugtrio, Gumshoos Donald Trump, Bewear named Care bear, ect. I dont like using legendaries either and immediately deposited them in the PC after the game forced me to catch them, and I am not exactly fond of the Z-Moves either. For a multitude of reasons.

Define respectable. Because as long as you are at least 10 levels below the opponent you will be fine. And even while avoiding trainers, I found myself at least within that range.

Despite all of the above, I had NO issues keeping everyone in my team viable at all times. Except for Donald Trump who was both fragile and slow (kinda apt when you think of it). While the EXP share is nice to have, especially as it serves as a difficulty feature and a QoL feature for the post game for people like me. And no I am not opposed to EXP share or people who use it, that is for the people who browse and post on a website that shall not be named.

What I do find kinda odd however is when people whine that Sun and Moon are too easy, yet use the EXP share throughout the entire main campaign. You only have yourself to blame if you find this game easier than the last few gens. Besides, the game is a lot more interesting when enemies 1-2hkos your guys and you 3-4hko their guys.

I for one would be a lot more open to using the EXP share in my main campaigns if the game actually were balanced around such a feature, like Chrono Trigger and the later Mystery Dungeons are. However, in Pokemon, the exp share is so far terribly implemented. Which is why I disable it for the main quest.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1090  Edited By jg4xchamp

I don't think I argued against anyone playing exp share off, but lets call it what it is. It doesn't make the game harder for interesting reasons, it just adds a bit more busy work. That's not even arguable. One method has you doing your party individually, the other lets you move the game along battle to battle. To me the only thing interesting about the games main quest is the mons themselves, and the beat some dudes to get stuff routine.

What they should do, is take a page out of the shows book and have the gyms n such actually have some limitations. Force you into 2 v 2 scenarios, no switching on the players part, make them do the entire gym in one go as opposed to being able to go out and pokemon center before you fight the gym leader. None of this would inherently make the game harder, just require the player to use some items once in awhile (potions and what have you). Shit I only ever used when I was a kid in Red and Blue, but in Gold, Diamond, Y, and then yellow again this year, not even once. Maybe for the elite 4 i used a full restore?

Could exp share make the game harder? Sure, but I would argue not in a manner that is inherently interesting or one that makes the player play more skillfully. There is a massive difference between say Bayonetta without witch time versus Pokemon without exp share.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1091 mmmwksil

@jg4xchamp:

These are good suggestions, and I always wondered why they never borrowed these ideas not just from the anime, but also Pokemon Stadium's Gym Leader Castle.

I always loved the bit of chance involved in those games, where you know the opponent's six Pokemon, but only three will be chosen and the same applies to you. Gym fights where levels are normalized at 50 also make things a bit more interesting, since it removes the pesky tendency of players (such as myself) from steamrolling the competition with a single OP mon that's 10 levels above.

Though ultimately I don't think anything can fix Pokemon while it remains a traditional RPG. Now, if we had an Action RPG where player skill comes into play...

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1092 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I for the life of me can't figure out why Gamespot is a broken mess on my desktop.

All this month I've been getting malware warnings from my Firewall about Gamespot and only Gamespot and now I get this weird cache version of Gamespot.

Also I can only post if I'm on mobile.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1093 jg4xchamp

My new favorite forum trope: "I can't believe you commented on my comment", like they don't know how forums work. lol

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1094 jg4xchamp

Watching some of these Aaron Rodgers throws, lol at the people thinking Rodgers is the problem.

Greenbay needs to start pulling some Elway tier gming and start going all in on retooling this team in free agency. Rodgers is carrying bums.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1095 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@illmatic87: We'll have argee to disagree on Hamilton.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1096 mems_1224

@jg4xchamp said:

Watching some of these Aaron Rodgers throws, lol at the people thinking Rodgers is the problem.

Greenbay needs to start pulling some Elway tier gming and start going all in on retooling this team in free agency. Rodgers is carrying bums.

they wont. they never go after big free agents. they rely too much on building through the draft because lol Wisconsin lol.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1097  Edited By the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

playing SW2 , so fun ,it also has best weapon designs

=====================================

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1098 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56307 Posts

Hold up, did Beardmad actually quit Gamespot?! He deleted his account but I never hear him complaining about Gamespot here that would get him to delete his account!

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#1099  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@the_master_race: The first one looks lame tbh

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1100 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@mjorh said:

@the_master_race: The first one looks lame tbh

agree to disagree , maybe you should see it in action ....