Lol...Nearly all multiplat games at E3 were running on PC, with 360 controllers

• 175 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

So In the end of another of these odd e3 threads the results wer e"those good looking demos are next gen because we can't run them like that"

Well, sorry, they are current gen, both watchdogs and 1313 were playable, with off the shelves hardware, it is not the graphics that were next gen, it is the consoles that are "last gen" when there exists systems right now that can play both, it is freaking CURRENT!

As for the PCs are running most games, then year. there are two reasons, 1 being the visual didelity, the better output. The other just as important point is the fact that they are all debug builds. You pretty much need a pc for most of them since errors in coding might occur, and require access to command prompts and debug comands.

The last of us also looked very good, anyone denying that is blind. It did not looke better then the before mentioned titles tho. But looked close enough that I would call it little less then a coding miracle.

Maddie_Larkin
Those were demo'd on 'off the shelf' PC hardware, so Nvidia 680s and Ivy core processors probably. The capable of the current crop in PC GPUs is leagues ahead of todays console hardware, and is indicative of what 'next gen' hardware will probably be like (if not scaled back from the current crop of PC enthusiast cards, compared to mass produced consumer electronics). Demo's are usually done on console dev kits of have the PC builds running. Watch Dogs and 1313 were running on PC hardware, having that rendering capacity and density on todays consoles is simple impossible, Last of Us would have been on a dev-kit as they usually are.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
Watch Dogs looked awesome, cant wait.
Myounage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Myounage
Member since 2006 • 254 Posts

[QUOTE="Myounage"][QUOTE="7CloudStrife7"]

http://kotaku.com/5916567/e3s-unsolved-mystery-are-watch-dogs-and-star-wars-1313-really-next+gen-games

"I'm not sure about Microsoft, but I do know that Sony won't allow developers to run games off of anything but PS3 tech at their conference (another words, no PC-based demos)."

razgriz_101

Only that's a lie. Heavy Rain was a native 1080P PC build with HD textures for its reveal. Leaked by Sony employee. Killzone 2 was a render. Proven by CGI experts and then begrudgingly admitted by Sony.

at the same time im pretty sure KZ2 in particular was actually a target render and done before hardware was finalized.

Thus why it was done on a PC.

Strangely Heavy rain started out at E3..2006 the same year as KZ2 as a tech demo called the casting.Also its worth mentioning Heavy rain started out as a PC game.

Retort please.

And yet Sony told the world both were real-time PS3 gameplay. How's it feel to support such a terrible company filthy console plebian?
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

PC wins e3, nice.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="nameless12345"]Last of Us ran on a PS3 and it looked better than any multiplat.tormentos
30FPS, no AA, and 720p FTW. *eagerly waits for your dumbass to post bullshots*

WTF bullshots.? The game has incredible graphics there are no bullshots,my god are you Jelly.?

There are bullshots out and every Last Of Us fanboy seems to like to post this pic.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#106 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

^Funny how I saw the vid and it had way more jaggies...

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Jebus213

mitu123
Lacked AF also.
Myounage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Myounage
Member since 2006 • 254 Posts
[QUOTE="mitu123"]

Jebus213
Lacked AF also.

There are menu items visible on the board in this pic. In the vid there are just blurry white lines, no color even. The color balance is also slightly different and there is much less contrast, leading me to believe that not only is this from a PC build but also that it has had its colors rebalanced in Photoshop. Also, I Miiiiiiight see low-quality SSAO going on. No console game to date has used SSAO.
AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

Jebus213

Lacked AF also.

Funny thing is every video has been highly compressed and you couldnt possibly see the video well enough to make out jaggies and AF.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="Jebus213"] 30FPS, no AA, and 720p FTW. *eagerly waits for your dumbass to post bullshots*Jebus213
WTF bullshots.? The game has incredible graphics there are no bullshots,my god are you Jelly.?

There are bullshots out and every Last Of Us fanboy seems to like to post this pic.

Yet anyone who plays UC3 or UC2 or any of ND's games know when you actually plat it they live up to the screenshots. In gernal ND games use like 2xMSAA are now the new MLAA . Its hardly the jaggie miss you make it out to be.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 mitu123

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="mitu123"]

Myounage

Lacked AF also.

There are menu items visible on the board in this pic. In the vid there are just blurry white lines, no color even. The color balance is also slightly different and there is much less contrast, leading me to believe that not only is this from a PC build but also that it has had its colors rebalanced in Photoshop. Also, I Miiiiiiight see low-quality SSAO going on. No console game to date has used SSAO.

Um, what?

EDIT: Oh you said low quality SSAO, my mistake.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 mitu123

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="tormentos"] WTF bullshots.? The game has incredible graphics there are no bullshots,my god are you Jelly.?AM-Gamer

Yet anyone who plays UC3 or UC2 or any of ND's games know when you actually plat it they live up to the screenshots. In gernal ND games use like 2xMSAA are now the new MLAA . Its hardly the jaggie miss you make it out to be.

MLAA doesn't get rid of all the jaggies either and I found some in the vid even...

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
[QUOTE="Myounage"] Also, I Miiiiiiight see low-quality SSAO going on. No console game to date has used SSAO.

Gears of War 2 isn't out yet? http://www.unrealengine.com/showcase/gears_of_war_series Battlefield 3 isn't either? http://publications.dice.se/attachments/BF3_NFS_WhiteBarreBrisebois_Siggraph2011.pdf
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Sad part is they decided to plug in a gamepad to play it on stage. If you're going to show the game why not show it at it's finest...with a KB/Mouse and having accuracy rather than none. Other then that...all games are developed on a PC so it's no surprise they'd show it on a PC at E3.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 mitu123

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="mitu123"]

AM-Gamer

Lacked AF also.

Funny thing is every video has been highly compressed and you couldnt possibly see the video well enough to make out jaggies and AF.

I made them out fine...

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

so it's official? gamepad>>>>>>>>>>>keyboard and mouse

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#117 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Sad part is they decided to plug in a gamepad to play it on stage. If you're going to show the game why not show it at it's finest...with a KB/Mouse and having accuracy rather than none. Other then that...all games are developed on a PC so it's no surprise they'd show it on a PC at E3.

Puckhog04

E3 is an advert for the consoles, if you gave them a kb and mouse half the visitors would run about sceaming in horror.

JC_Spot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 JC_Spot
Member since 2012 • 431 Posts

lazerface216
I think they like to give the impression it is being played on console so people think the console graphics are actually that good. Plus it's hard to stand there and use a keyboard and mouse on stage.
Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#119 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

GarGx1

E3 is an advert for the consoles, if you gave them a kb and mouse half the visitors would run about sceaming in horror.

True, I know most people don't know you can use controllers with a PC so they're just fooling the consolites into believing their hardware is way better than it is.

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Masenkoe

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

JC_Spot

I think they like to give the impression it is being played on console so people think the console graphics are actually that good. Plus it's hard to stand there and use a keyboard and mouse on stage.

See this guy knows.

Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#121 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

That's because almost everything looks better on PC

Surely no one can be surprised by them using PC's instead of consoles

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Jebus213

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="tormentos"] WTF bullshots.? The game has incredible graphics there are no bullshots,my god are you Jelly.?AM-Gamer

What the hell is this? lol would someone please post actual screen shots of UC3 in it's native resolution. 2xMSAA and 720p would never give you a sharp image like that. Not even MLAA and that blurs things. Also I thought UC3 used some crappy FXAA..
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="Jebus213"] 30FPS, no AA, and 720p FTW. *eagerly waits for your dumbass to post bullshots*Jebus213

That's a bullshot?

It doesn't even look that great.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Common sense.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

Last of Us ran on a PS3 and it looked better than any multiplat.

Far Cry 3 on PS3 looked horrible tho.

nameless12345

This is the truth.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#127 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="Jebus213"] 30FPS, no AA, and 720p FTW. *eagerly waits for your dumbass to post bullshots*topgunmv

There are bullshots out and every Last Of Us fanboy seems to like to post this pic./QUOTE]

That's a bullshot?

It looks like the game with a bunch of extra AA aplied.

BadNewsBen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#128 BadNewsBen
Member since 2009 • 1493 Posts
I'm not sure why this is such a big deal. Was it not already understood that PC gets the best (graphically speaking) out of almost every game? Why would these developers/producers want to show off anything but the best from their game? I know I'm in System Wars and its sacrilege to say this, but I care about the content, not the graphics. This news makes no difference to me.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

[QUOTE="Maddie_Larkin"]

So In the end of another of these odd e3 threads the results were "those good looking demos are next gen because we can't run them like that"

Well, sorry, they are current gen, both watchdogs and 1313 were playable, with off the shelves hardware, it is not the graphics that were next gen, it is the consoles that are "last gen" when there exists systems right now that can play both, it is freaking CURRENT!

As for the PCs are running most games, then yeah. there are two reasons, 1 being the visual fidelity, the better output. The other just as important point is the fact that they are all debug builds. You pretty much need a pc for most of them since errors in coding might occur, and require access to command prompts and debug comands.

The last of us also looked very good, anyone denying that is blind. It did not looke better then the before mentioned titles tho. But looked close enough that I would call it little less then a coding miracle.

skrat_01

Those were demo'd on 'off the shelf' PC hardware, so Nvidia 680s and Ivy core processors probably. The capable of the current crop in PC GPUs is leagues ahead of todays console hardware, and is indicative of what 'next gen' hardware will probably be like (if not scaled back from the current crop of PC enthusiast cards, compared to mass produced consumer electronics). Demo's are usually done on console dev kits of have the PC builds running. Watch Dogs and 1313 were running on PC hardware, having that rendering capacity and density on todays consoles is simple impossible, Last of Us would have been on a dev-kit as they usually are.

Uhh yeah, exactly, they are running off current off the shelf hardware, hence they are CURRENT gen. I loathe the people calling those demos "Next gen" no, they were playable, and very much current. My pc could likely play them. So they are current, the 360 and PS3 might or might not, atleast not as tehy were shown, but that does not mean the PC should be discounted.

I have a great dislike for people who dismiss systems due to preference, it is really simple, if anything you can buy at the preasent, can run the games, then it is current gen. A disconnect I have with the hype word "next gen". A tech demo might be next gen, since they can rarely be applied into any game, due to the workload, but alot of the things we saw, were pretty much current.

Just as I stated, it was not the games that was "next gen" but the consoles that are "last gen" pretty simple really.

As for 1313 and watchdogs, I am not so sure they ran off any devkits, since I am fairly certain the next batch of consoles have the hardware setteled in for all devs to take a look at. So They were likely built by whatever limitations the PCs had.

My point was, that you can not call something "next gen" when hardware out now for the average consumer can run it.

Grovilis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#130 Grovilis
Member since 2008 • 3728 Posts

mitu123

Which is why I REALLY wish that this was on PC. It would look fantastic with enhanced settings. Some may think that this is rather petty of me, but I might have a hard time playing this with all of the aliasing.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 mitu123

[QUOTE="AM-Gamer"]

[QUOTE="Jebus213"] There are bullshots out and every Last Of Us fanboy seems to like to post this pic.  Jebus213

What the hell is this? lol would someone please post actual screen shots of UC3 in it's native resolution. 2xMSAA and 720p would never give you a sharp image like that. Not even MLAA and that blurs things. Also I thought UC3 used some crappy FXAA..

Yeah, it uses some edge detect AA.

HardGames420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 HardGames420
Member since 2011 • 233 Posts

Nearly all multiplat games at E3 were running on PC....with 360 controllers to fool you.

Gotta love how console "Next-Gen graphics" are running on current gen PC hardware.

Link: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/07/pc-gaming-e3s-dirty-little-secret/

Omnisystem

Yup, everything except GRAPHICS KING "Last of Us" and "God of War: Ascension" which were both running in REAL TIME ON PS3!!! Beautiful framerates, no screen tearing and both looked amazing!!!

HardGames420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 HardGames420
Member since 2011 • 233 Posts

Far Cry 3 on PS3 looked horrible tho.

nameless12345

True Story.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

[QUOTE="Omnisystem"]

Nearly all multiplat games at E3 were running on PC....with 360 controllers to fool you.

Gotta love how console "Next-Gen graphics" are running on current gen PC hardware.

Link: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/07/pc-gaming-e3s-dirty-little-secret/

HardGames420

Yup, everything except GRAPHICS KING "Last of Us" and "God of War: Ascension" which were both running in REAL TIME ON PS3!!! Beautiful framerates, no screen tearing and both looked amazing!!!

and Beyond

673021_20120604_screen014.jpg

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Masenkoe

That's a bullshot?

topgunmv

PS3 is 2006 hardware.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="Maddie_Larkin"]

So In the end of another of these odd e3 threads the results were "those good looking demos are next gen because we can't run them like that"

As for the PCs are running most games, then yeah. there are two reasons, 1 being the visual fidelity, the better output. The other just as important point is the fact that they are all debug builds. You pretty much need a pc for most of them since errors in coding might occur, and require access to command prompts and debug comands.

Maddie_Larkin

Uhh yeah, exactly, they are running off current off the shelf hardware, hence they are CURRENT gen. I loathe the people calling those demos "Next gen" no, they were playable, and very much current. My pc could likely play them. So they are current, the 360 and PS3 might or might not, atleast not as tehy were shown, but that does not mean the PC should be discounted.

I have a great dislike for people who dismiss systems due to preference, it is really simple, if anything you can buy at the preasent, can run the games, then it is current gen. A disconnect I have with the hype word "next gen". A tech demo might be next gen, since they can rarely be applied into any game, due to the workload, but alot of the things we saw, were pretty much current.

Just as I stated, it was not the games that was "next gen" but the consoles that are "last gen" pretty simple really.

As for 1313 and watchdogs, I am not so sure they ran off any devkits, since I am fairly certain the next batch of consoles have the hardware setteled in for all devs to take a look at. So They were likely built by whatever limitations the PCs had.

My point was, that you can not call something "next gen" when hardware out now for the average consumer can run it.

That's true, though I'm pointing out the huge difference in PC rendering capacity to console (which is why 'next gen' gets thrown around). Indeed couldn't agree more in terms of next gen nonsense and people dismissing out of preference. Last of Us ran on a dev kit, the others would have been on developer build PC. Otherwise true true, people seem to jump to conclusions.
GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#137 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

[QUOTE="HardGames420"]

[QUOTE="Omnisystem"]

casharmy

and Beyond

673021_20120604_screen014.jpg

Watch Dogs look a lot better than that, and it can handle a lot more detailed characters on screen than that. Animations, details (textures/models), effects and scale all make up for great graphics. Consoles generally don't fall short in terms of animations and some effects, but the outdated hardware simply can't handle huge amounts of details and large scale.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#138 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

[QUOTE="Omnisystem"]

HardGames420

sorry i need to ask AGAIN.. who.. in the blue heck.. are you? seriously? ionusx doesnt believe he caught your real name...

and no they werent.. no console game in the past 2-3 years omitting the ps3/xbox360's very 1st launch titles were played on anything but a pc.. in fact at many booths the controllers run through the ps3 shell itself and out the back to a pc behind a false wall. or they place the pc in a shell of a ps3. deus ex HR even thought its a multiplat was demoed many times "on a ps3" when in fact it was a pc.. as state dill get some shats to back this up. i can even pull up your quicktime event button que's. sometimes i do that to confuse people watching me play who cant figure out that you can make this so legitimately

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 GamerwillzPS

Lol, debating whether The Last of Us looks good or not... Are you guys on drugs or something?

The Last of Us is the best looking game I've ever seen in this generation.

FashionFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 FashionFreak
Member since 2004 • 2326 Posts

nameless12345

http://s8.postimage.org/5wg63uehh/zwhatamireading.png

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

FashionFreak

Of course it does. You have to be on the drugs if you think otherwise.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 mitu123

[QUOTE="FashionFreak"]

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

GamerwillzPS

Watch Dogs looks better, sorry.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts

[QUOTE="FashionFreak"]

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

GamerwillzPS

And you just have to be a delirious fanboy to think anything on PS3 is going to look better than a multiplat on PC.
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

Sure they run on PC, they are all prototypes of the games that will come for consoles at launch in late 2013 and forward

For example Agnes demo is a glimpse of what FF15 on xbox 720 and PS4 will look like

PC is where all games are made anyway, showing a game on PC does not mean it will appear on PC

FF is console only for example, Gears 5 will be the same etc

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 ionusX

Sure they run on PC, they are all prototypes of the games that will come for consoles at launch in late 2013 and forward

For example Agnes demo is a glimpse of what FF15 on xbox 720 and PS4 will look like

PC is where all games are made anyway, showing a game on PC does not mean it will appear on PC

FF is console only for example, Gears 5 will be the same etc

loosingENDS

lol by this logic loopingents ff14 and ff11 dont exist nor does ff7. furthermore not every game shown at e3 launches in 2013.. ghost warrior 2 is an example. mechwarrior online is another. guildwars 2 is another. would you like more examples.

your logic as as skewed and ignorant as ever lootingtrends

hardmicro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 hardmicro
Member since 2012 • 644 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="FashionFreak"]

mitu123

Watch Dogs looks better, sorry.

Watch dogs looked great, but I still think Last of Us looked a little better.
hardmicro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 hardmicro
[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="FashionFreak"]

C_Rule

And you just have to be a delirious fanboy to think anything on PS3 is going to look better than a multiplat on PC.

Then call me a delirious fanboy, because I ALSO thought Last of Us looked a little better (I'm just talking about pure wow factor)
Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

I think the reason why The Last of us looked so good was not just the graphics itself. But the animation, the environments, and the small details that most other devs would have dropped, like the blood coming out of his nose as he is getting hit, the facial animation. The voice acting and audio also completes the package.

And if The Last of us was shown using a PC...it would have been too awesome to look at :-).

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 ionusX

[QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

hardmicro

Then call me a delirious fanboy, because I ALSO thought Last of Us looked a little better (I'm just talking about pure wow factor)

again i need to ask.. who in the blue heck.. are you? i dont think ive caught your first name..??

hardmicro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 hardmicro

[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="Maddie_Larkin"]

Maddie_Larkin

You want to know what I loath? I loath SNOBBY PC elitiests such as yourself. I loath hermits who have their noses so far up in the air, their head falls backwards and off their shoulders. Realistically, HOW many people out there right now have the hardware to run Watchdogs and Star Wars. We are talking about a very small percentage of PC gamers being able to run those games. So yeah, there are PC parts out there now, that can run them, BUT not many people will have the parts to do so. Also, I guess going by console logic, a PC becomes next gen, every time hardware is upgraded. LOL so if you're a PC gamer, I guess you can start your own next gen at any time you want, BUT you have to wait for a console's next gen, before you start to see TRUE next gen games taking advantage of the advancement in tech, as Watchdogs and StarWars CLEARLY fall into"nexf gen" games as such