Lol...Nearly all multiplat games at E3 were running on PC, with 360 controllers

• 175 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
[QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="austi722"]

You know. I find it sad Hermits have to talk about how superior upgradeable computer graphics are to non upgradeable6yr old console graphics.

lowe0
I find it sad that you're poor. :(

More of that supposedly nonexistent elitism?

Pfft, who says it is nonexistent? Console peasants must know they are below PC gamers.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
[QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="C_Rule"] I find it sad that you're poor. :(

Pfft, who says it is nonexistent? Console peasants must know they are below PC gamers.

Except that I have a PC nicer than many PC gamers. So how am I poor? What do I make a year, anyway? It'll amuse me to see your guess.
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 C_Rule
[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="lowe0"] More of that supposedly nonexistent elitism?

Except that I have a PC nicer than many PC gamers. So how am I poor? What do I make a year, anyway? It'll amuse me to see your guess.

>implying I care
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 lowe0
[QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="C_Rule"] Pfft, who says it is nonexistent? Console peasants must know they are below PC gamers.

>implying I care

Aww, got bored when you actually had to defend your statement instead of slinging insults?
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 C_Rule
[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="lowe0"] Except that I have a PC nicer than many PC gamers. So how am I poor? What do I make a year, anyway? It'll amuse me to see your guess.

>implying I care

Aww, got bored when you actually had to defend your statement instead of slinging insults?

Don't know why you're taking it so personally, fella.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 lowe0
[QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="C_Rule"] >implying I care

I'm not. Asking you to support your own argument is hardly personal.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts
[QUOTE="Omnisystem"]

Nearly all multiplat games at E3 were running on PC....with 360 controllers to fool you.

Gotta love how console "Next-Gen graphics" are running on current gen PC hardware.

Link: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/07/pc-gaming-e3s-dirty-little-secret/

Note that Xbox 360 controller is the official gamepad for Windows and my Windows 8 RP2 has Xbox Live.
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 C_Rule
[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="lowe0"] Aww, got bored when you actually had to defend your statement instead of slinging insults?

Oh yeah, so why did your salary come into it? Discussing salaries is a sure way to make the board even worse.
Aidenfury19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 Aidenfury19
Member since 2007 • 2488 Posts

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="C_Rule"] I find it sad that you're poor. :(C_Rule

Like you have room to be elitist with your old *** rig. The Q9505 came out in 09 and your GPU isn't much more recent.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 lowe0
[QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="C_Rule"] Don't know why you're taking it so personally, fella.

Oh yeah, so why did your salary come into it? Discussing salaries is a sure way to make the board even worse.

Because you insisted that console gamers are poor. You brought it up, not me.
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 C_Rule
[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="lowe0"] I'm not. Asking you to support your own argument is hardly personal.

Well you claim to have some uber PC, so again, why did you take it personally when the comment was not directed at you?
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 C_Rule

[QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="lowe0"] More of that supposedly nonexistent elitism?Aidenfury19

Like you have room to be elitist with your old *** rig. The Q9505 came out in 09 and your GPU isn't much more recent.

Still does a better job than the consoles.:cool:

Thanks for your invaluable criticism, though.
hardmicro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 hardmicro
Member since 2012 • 644 Posts
[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

Last of Us ran on a PS3 and it looked better than any multiplat.

Far Cry 3 on PS3 looked horrible tho.

Myounage
Last of Us and Beyond were probably cheated to be honest. Sony is not above making PC builds or renders of their major exclusives to cheat at conferences and it wouldn't surprise me if there's a significant graphical gap between what we saw and what gets released.

LOL its a conspiracy!!!! Sony those cheats!!!!!!!
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="lowe0"] More of that supposedly nonexistent elitism?Aidenfury19

Note that C_Rule's Geforce GTX 460 is overclocked/non-reference. It should give normal GTX 560 (non-TI) a run for it's money.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 lowe0
[QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="C_Rule"] Oh yeah, so why did your salary come into it? Discussing salaries is a sure way to make the board even worse.

Well you claim to have some uber PC, so again, why did you take it personally when the comment was not directed at you?

Ah, the old "well we don't mean you." It's an insult directed at console gamers. I'm a console gamer. If you don't mean to insult me personally, then perhaps you should stick to fact-based arguments instead of insults in the first place?
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Wow who would have thought that incomplete console games that are developed on a PC would be running on a PC. It baffles the mind doesn't it folk. :roll:
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 lowe0
[QUOTE="Aidenfury19"]

[QUOTE="C_Rule"] Pfft, who says it is nonexistent? Console peasants must know they are below PC gamers.ronvalencia

Note that C_Rule's Geforce GTX 460 is overclocked i.e. non-reference.

Oh. That'll catch it up to my two 670s, I suppose. :roll:
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 C_Rule
[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="ronvalencia"][QUOTE="Aidenfury19"]

Here we go.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"][QUOTE="Aidenfury19"]

lowe0

Who siad GTX 460 OC would rival two GTX 670 in SLI?

My point, PC owner should have known that the design for GTX 460 is similar to GTX 560.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="ronvalencia"] Note that C_Rule's Geforce GTX 460 is overclocked i.e. non-reference. C_Rule

Here we go.

I really don't see what room you have to complain about an argument you chose to start. All you had to do was come up with an argument that wasn't "you're lesser than me" and none of this would have happened. Don't like it? You have only yourself to blame.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 C_Rule
[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="lowe0"] Oh. That'll catch it up to my two 670s, I suppose. :roll:

Here we go.

I really don't see what room you have to complain about an argument you chose to start.

And I don't see why you take everything so personally. Are you trying to prove yourself on an internet forum? ronvalencia simply noted that my 460 has a decent overclock, because a 460 at 850MHz is significantly faster than a 460 at reference clocks of 675. But then you come in; "oh but, but, my 670s" :cry:. No one was comparing a 460 to 670/s, mate.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#72 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"][QUOTE="Aidenfury19"]

lowe0

I want 2 of those.D=

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 lowe0
[QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="C_Rule"] Here we go.

I really don't see what room you have to complain about an argument you chose to start.

And I don't see why you take everything so personally. Are you trying to prove yourself on an internet forum? ronvalencia simply noted that my 460 has a decent overclock, because a 460 at 850MHz is significantly faster than a 460 at reference clocks of 675. But then you come in; "oh but, but, my 670s" :cry:. No one was comparing a 460 to 670/s, mate.

Not at all. This isn't about me; it's about your argument that's based on a categorical insult. Therefore, a single instance would prove it incorrect. I don't care if it's me or someone else; I'm only interested in proving an elitist argument wrong.
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 C_Rule
[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="lowe0"] I really don't see what room you have to complain about an argument you chose to start.

Not at all. This isn't about me; it's about your argument that's based on a categorical insult. Therefore, a single instance would prove it incorrect. I don't care if it's me or someone else; I'm only interested in proving an elitist argument wrong.

Gee, you're doing a pretty flash job at it!
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="C_Rule"] And I don't see why you take everything so personally. Are you trying to prove yourself on an internet forum? ronvalencia simply noted that my 460 has a decent overclock, because a 460 at 850MHz is significantly faster than a 460 at reference clocks of 675. But then you come in; "oh but, but, my 670s" :cry:. No one was comparing a 460 to 670/s, mate. C_Rule

Gee, you're doing a pretty flash job at it!

Have you proven that console gamers are poor? If not, yes, I would say I'm doing just fine.

And with that, I'm going to sleep. I'll be back in the morning to refute whatever half-assed argument you come up with next.

deadesa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#76 deadesa
Member since 2005 • 1706 Posts
[QUOTE="lowe0"] I really don't see what room you have to complain about an argument you chose to start.

Stop, this argument solves nothing and just throws the topic off it's intended track. Don't dignify them with a response. Back on topic, it has been like this for sometime now with multiplats. It's the logical thing to do with the progression of PC tech being 6 years consoles senior and all.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#77 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

[QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="lowe0"] Aww, got bored when you actually had to defend your statement instead of slinging insults?lowe0

there a problem here fella..

hardmicro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 hardmicro
LOL at the hermits on the first page. Why are you guys tripping so badly over what Nameless said? He's ABSOLUTELY RIGHT, and no amount of gifs can change that. Last of Us looked better then ANY multi plat game there at the show.
GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#79 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts
Wow who would have thought that incomplete console games that are developed on a PC would be running on a PC. It baffles the mind doesn't it folk. :roll:AmazonTreeBoa
But PC is dead, so are all console games dead babies? :([QUOTE="hardmicro"]LOL at the hermits on the first page. Why are you guys tripping so badly over what Nameless said? He's ABSOLUTELY RIGHT, and no amount of gifs can change that. Last of Us looked better then ANY multi plat game there at the show.

Hello level 2. Bye level 2.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ionusX

LOL at the hermits on the first page. Why are you guys tripping so badly over what Nameless said? He's ABSOLUTELY RIGHT, and no amount of gifs can change that. Last of Us looked better then ANY multi plat game there at the show. hardmicro

who.. in the blue heck.. are you??

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 GhoX

[QUOTE="hardmicro"]LOL at the hermits on the first page. Why are you guys tripping so badly over what Nameless said? He's ABSOLUTELY RIGHT, and no amount of gifs can change that. Last of Us looked better then ANY multi plat game there at the show. ionusX

who.. in the blue heck.. are you??

He's the famed hardmicro, level 2 Journeyman. With 40 reputable posts he's the best among the Journeymen.
deadesa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#82 deadesa
Member since 2005 • 1706 Posts
Last of Us looked better then ANY multi plat game there at the show. hardmicro
I respectfully disagree. Last of US looked great but Star wars 1313 and Watchdogs blew me away. The lighting and particle physics in 1313 were the best I've seen yet
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 mitu123
[QUOTE="hardmicro"]LOL at the hermits on the first page. Why are you guys tripping so badly over what Nameless said? He's ABSOLUTELY RIGHT, and no amount of gifs can change that. Last of Us looked better then ANY multi plat game there at the show.

I'm not a hermit.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ionusX

[QUOTE="hardmicro"]Last of Us looked better then ANY multi plat game there at the show. deadesa
I respectfully disagree. Last of US looked great but Star wars 1313 and Watchdogs blew me away. The lighting and particle physics in 1313 were the best I've seen yet

idk singularity is pretty tough to beat in that regard i mean, for what it did with the unreal engine singularity was easily the best use of sfx in UE3 to date

hardmicro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 hardmicro
[QUOTE="hardmicro"]Last of Us looked better then ANY multi plat game there at the show. deadesa

Last of Us blew me away, what's your point? Also, StarWars and Watchdogs were next gen titles, so the point is irrelevant to begin with
Grovilis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#88 Grovilis
Member since 2008 • 3728 Posts

Kind of expected it. You gotta question whether or not it's a console game when there's no detectable aliasing :P

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 mitu123

[QUOTE="deadesa"][QUOTE="hardmicro"]Last of Us looked better then ANY multi plat game there at the show. hardmicro

Last of Us blew me away, what's your point? Also, StarWars and Watchdogs were next gen titles, so the point is irrelevant to begin with

But they're made and coming out this gen...

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

lol @ the damage control.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#91 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="7CloudStrife7"]

http://kotaku.com/5916567/e3s-unsolved-mystery-are-watch-dogs-and-star-wars-1313-really-next+gen-games

"I'm not sure about Microsoft, but I do know that Sony won't allow developers to run games off of anything but PS3 tech at their conference (another words, no PC-based demos)."

Myounage

Only that's a lie. Heavy Rain was a native 1080P PC build with HD textures for its reveal. Leaked by Sony employee. Killzone 2 was a render. Proven by CGI experts and then begrudgingly admitted by Sony.

at the same time im pretty sure KZ2 in particular was actually a target render and done before hardware was finalized.

Thus why it was done on a PC.

Strangely Heavy rain started out at E3..2006 the same year as KZ2 as a tech demo called the casting.Also its worth mentioning Heavy rain started out as a PC game.

Retort please.

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#92 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
Microsoft - first with the Kinect-playing-you, now with the X360 games that are actually running on a PC? What will they do next? :lol:
staticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 staticks
Member since 2003 • 665 Posts

Beyond: Two Souls looked absolutely incredible. Visually, it looked just as good to my eyes as anything else shown at the show.

Watch Dogs is very obviously going to be a next-gen launch title (although the PS3 and 360 will get toned-down ports), so it's not a fair comparison in the first place. On a purely technical basis, it was beyond almost every other game shown (a combination of the graphics, the open world, the multiplayer functionality, and the sophisticated AI/physics).

Anyway, the PS3 is 5+ year old hardware, for god's sake. 360 is six years old. What the hell do you people expect, Avatar quality graphics? Use some logic and common sense, please.

_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#94 _Cadbury_
Member since 2006 • 2936 Posts
Who cares? Funny thing is I didn't even notice the difference between the games running on pc and the ones running on the consoles.

lol @ the damage control.

Jankarcop
Lol @ hermits trying to feel special.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
[QUOTE="nameless12345"]Last of Us ran on a PS3 and it looked better than any multiplat.Jebus213
30FPS, no AA, and 720p FTW. *eagerly waits for your dumbass to post bullshots*

WTF bullshots.? The game has incredible graphics there are no bullshots,my god are you Jelly.?
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Watch Dogs, Star Wars 1313, Rayman Legends > Everything else shown at E3.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 GhoX

[QUOTE="Omnisystem"]

Gotta love how console "Next-Gen graphics" are running on current gen PC hardware.

Tikeio

The only next-gen console that has been revealed is the Wii-U.

If you're referring to PS3/360 (which are current gen), then you're retarded.

He wasn't referring to any console in particular, since it's clear that the graphical fidelity shown in Watch Dogs and Star Wars 1313 will not be available on their console versions. As a result many consolites have referred to the graphics shown as "next-gen", and some even claim that even the best PCs can't render such graphics and the games were clearly ran on magic :P.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Last of Us looked better then ANY multi plat game there at the show. hardmicro
Heeeeell no. Last of Us looked amazing, end of the day it's no Watch Dogs, Far Cry 3 or that Star Wars game with astoundingly good visuals. Or hell, Crysis 3 in all its blandness.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

So In the end of another of these odd e3 threads the results wer e"those good looking demos are next gen because we can't run them like that"

Well, sorry, they are current gen, both watchdogs and 1313 were playable, with off the shelves hardware, it is not the graphics that were next gen, it is the consoles that are "last gen" when there exists systems right now that can play both, it is freaking CURRENT!

As for the PCs are running most games, then year. there are two reasons, 1 being the visual didelity, the better output. The other just as important point is the fact that they are all debug builds. You pretty much need a pc for most of them since errors in coding might occur, and require access to command prompts and debug comands.

The last of us also looked very good, anyone denying that is blind. It did not looke better then the before mentioned titles tho. But looked close enough that I would call it little less then a coding miracle.