lol WoW is dying lol

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15594 Posts

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]I think you're confusing innovation and invention.

Innovation is the creation of better or more effective products, processes, services, technologies, or ideas that are accepted by markets, governments, and society. Innovation differs from invention in that innovation refers to the use of a new idea or method, whereas invention refers more directly to the creation of the idea or method itself.

So Blizzard creating new formulas with existing game elements while simultaneously making the genres more accessible is innovation.

And that's what Blizzard is good at. Innovation (not to be confused with invention).

Bardock47

BUT THEY AREN'T CREATING NEW FORMULAS.

It's the same formula other people made, and they did it with high production values and lots of content. It's only innovation in the absolute basest definition of the word, I refuse to attach the adjective "innovative" to a company because they simply do what other games did a little bit better. It's like calling Call of Duty and IW innovative because they are popular and streamlined FPS in their own way.

Guess Halo 1 isn't innovative at all...they didnt create the formula of FPS. They just simple perfected it on the controller.:roll:

First of all Halo 1 developed a lot of other new mechanics that made it innovative, not just good controls, including regenerating shields, a two weapon limit, quick grenades, etc. And then the unique control scheme on top of that.

What has Blizzard done that compares to that? Diablo maybe. But Halo was a remarkable step forward for console FPS, in controls and in general design. Can anyone really say that Starcraft 2 is a remarkable step forward for RTS, or Diablo 3 is a remarkable step forward for ARPG's? Or even the original Starcraft? What in Warcraft completely redefined the experience players found in Dune or similar games of the time? Or WoW? Is making it accessible really what we consider innovative. When developers like Valve have implemented realistic physics or first person portal puzzle games? Or what about Unknownworlds, they created NS, a game that successfully fused RTS and FPS genres.

They are great games for sure, but they are just one step up the staircase, they merely set the benchmark for quality and value in their respective genres. They are hardly unique or innovative.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

[QUOTE="Bardock47"]

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]BUT THEY AREN'T CREATING NEW FORMULAS.

It's the same formula other people made, and they did it with high production values and lots of content. It's only innovation in the absolute basest definition of the word, I refuse to attach the adjective "innovative" to a company because they simply do what other games did a little bit better. It's like calling Call of Duty and IW innovative because they are popular and streamlined FPS in their own way.

Vaasman

Guess Halo 1 isn't innovative at all...they didnt create the formula of FPS. They just simple perfected it on the controller.:roll:

First of all Halo 1 developed a lot of other new mechanics that made it innovative, not just good controls, including regenerating shields, a two weapon limit, quick grenades, etc. And then the unique control scheme on top of that.

What has Blizzard done that compares to that? Diablo maybe. But Halo was a remarkable step forward for console FPS, in controls and in general design. Can anyone really say that Starcraft 2 is a remarkable step forward for RTS, or Diablo 3 is a remarkable step forward for ARPG's? Or even the original Starcraft? What in Warcraft completely redefined the experience players found in Dune or similar games of the time? Or WoW? Is making it accessible really what we consider innovative. When developers like Valve have implemented realistic physics or first person portal puzzle games? Or what about Unknownworlds, they created NS, a game that successfully fused RTS and FPS genres.

They are great games for sure, but they are just one step up the staircase, they merely set the benchmark for quality and value in their respective genres. They are hardly unique or innovative.

Mayhaps u be right. Really u could see WoW perfected (for lack of a word) pre existing notions into their one game, to make the quality package? (I do not know about Diablo and strcraft to be honest though, t one of those thing where I need to get around and play em)

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#103 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12381 Posts
They just need to stop making expansions and work on a sequel or something.
Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

They just need to stop making expansions and work on a sequel or something. Nonstop-Madness
How would a sequel work? I thought about it , ad wha =t would a full blown sequel really add at this point? I think itd e cool to see a brand new WoW, but I really dont see anything they just cant do in expansions and what not.

eNT1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 eNT1TY
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts
Festering nearly dead WoW > TOR on its best day
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

WoW will be dying with probably 5 million players when their MMO market is revitalized with Titan and they once again have 15+ million subscribers for MMO's.

For me, Dialo 3 is what I will be playing :).

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

[QUOTE="Nonstop-Madness"]They just need to stop making expansions and work on a sequel or something. Bardock47

How would a sequel work? I thought about it , ad wha =t would a full blown sequel really add at this point? I think itd e cool to see a brand new WoW, but I really dont see anything they just cant do in expansions and what not.

I'd not want to see a sequel to WoW, I'm pretty much 'done' with the game, 7 years too much for me. Never liked the setting (fantasy+steampunk) and I am utterly sick of the gameplay.

I hope Titan is 'nothing' like WoW, absolutely nothing similar.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#108 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

[QUOTE="Bardock47"]

[QUOTE="Nonstop-Madness"]They just need to stop making expansions and work on a sequel or something. Inconsistancy

I'd not want to see a sequel to WoW, I'm pretty much 'done' with the game, 7 years too much for me. Never liked the setting (fantasy+steampunk) and I am utterly sick of the gameplay.

I hope Titan is 'nothing' like WoW, absolutely nothing similar.

i love warcraft lore and i'd hate to see it all go away, personally. it's so diverse and varied and a welcome departure from the cliched medieval fantasy of, say, the elder scrolls series.

plus when you consider the foundations of the universe all of the multiple cultures and races really do make sense and don't seem out of place. the lore is so complex but at the same time it all stems from a basic foundation.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#109 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Vaasman

None of that was truly innovative.

Face it, Halo wasn't innovative at all. Bungie did to FPS genre exactly the same thing as Blizzard did to RTS, they took somebody else's ideas, put a little pieces of their own solutions and then just polished everything.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#110 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

[QUOTE="silversix_"]SWTOR is trash, WoW was and always will be trash so are all MMO's (excluding GW2). I came. I gave and ran away from this MMO thread.SamiRDuran
GW2 is trash as well the only good mmo i can think of is eve online.

eve online was designed for people with the same mental complexities of a suicide banker or a gangbanger.

if you like eve online. your basically sharing personals with either ben bernanke, john corzine, or mr. red the drug dealer on your street corner. take your pick...

the mmo genre is differnet in that there will eventually be an mmo for everylittle fanboyism franchise in existance. **** it, theres an mmo for hello kitty. as you can tell everyone has their favourite and discards the rest of the games they deem inferior around it (kinda like the kids who huddle around their dbz titles or cod or w/e (my god like every other game genre.. how prepostorous). however unlike other genre's. they can all be right and be free of criticizm beyond the "im thick headed and ignorant of other opinions or tastes" defence. meanwhile in other genre's you can actually have other arguements. ive learned to stop hating people who play other mmo's (just not eve online.. but its all a matter of time before that will change).

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#111 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

[QUOTE="zarshack"]

Do not lump Blizzard in with Activision, kthnxbai.

Jonwh18

WoW is just as much of a milkk machine as cod anymore. #1 theres the stupid subcription, and at the beginning of WoW it was worth it, now however with pathetic stuff like mists of panda crap. lolno, just no. Its a perversion of a game that has had such an influence on the MMO world.

lets see... wow came out in like 2004 or 2005, BC came out till 2007, WOTLK came out in 2009, cata came in 2010 and MoP came out in 2012, thats a relatively big gap between each release, not t to mention that every expasion is vastly different from the previous one and adds A LOT of content to the game, this is nothing like COD. but I do agree, WoW lost its touch after BC, its going downhill now. but to say its like cod? I say lolno to you. and nintendo IS a cancer with all their milking and recycling.
ZIVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#112 ZIVX
Member since 2008 • 2981 Posts

It's League of Legends man

Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#113 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

I hope SWTOR kills it.

Jonwh18

Hahaha, the TORtanic is already sinking.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

About goddamn time.

No way TOR has anything to do with it tho :lol:

Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#115 Ncsoftlover
Member since 2007 • 2152 Posts

a game released in 2004, 8 years later, over 10 million subscribers are still actively paying every month to play it.

What other video game than WOW can claim that?

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

I hope SWTOR kills it.

Vesica_Prime

Hahaha, the TORtanic is already sinking.

Link? Last I heard it had 2million subs, and most "tortanic" claims where invented by payed Acitivion forum plants going on every gaming site and spamming that it "flopped".

PS_Family

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 PS_Family
Member since 2008 • 590 Posts

And I say good. I hope SWTOR kills it. I hate Activison Blizzard so much lol. Everything they touch is turned into a milking machine. Prolly the most greedy of all publishers. Someone posted a topic saying ninty was the cancer of the gaming industry awhile back, and I say lolno. Activison blizzard not only milks THEIR games but because the moronic casual gamers flock to their games ex cod and they get good sales everybody tried to copy them. In the process other games are ruined. I realize WoW was a great game once, but it sure isn't anymore. It needs to die and I will be so happy when it does. F U A/B!

Jonwh18

You complain that it's a milking machine yet you want Star Wars, the most milked brand in the universe to kill it?

Master360Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Master360Man
Member since 2012 • 49 Posts
about damn time, maybe those losers will get their lives back now......probably not :lol:
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#119 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

SWTOR?

No sir it's LOL that's killing WOW.