Like a man in an orthopedic shoe, I stand corrected. PSVR has sold very well! Passed 3 Millions.

• 133 results
pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@getyeryayasout: while I agree with you. I think they wanted to reuse the existing design as v 1.0

I’m confident their next iteration will be a redesign. Honestly I bought a bundle with Skyrim for $250 cad and it is amazing.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#53 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69466 Posts

PS4 gamers are wise not to buy garbage accessories.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

I havnt bought it, what's worth playing on psvr? It's pretty pricey

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@Pedro: You do realize you're in a thread about the fact that PS4 gamers are continuing to buy an accessory...... right?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@reduc_ab_: Dude is a clown and lacks reading comprehension skills.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@quadknight: Lol, I guess. Dude straight up commented about the exact opposite subject matter from the thread. **shrugs**

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@reduc_ab_: he’s just sad that the quality of game selection is superior on the psvr over the xbone lol

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

3 million is a total failure especially after the price cuts.

Sucks im on mobile or i would put up some good vr meme/gifs lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

Good for Sony I guess. Still not sold on the whole VR thing. Maybe next gen...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts
@quadknight said:

@R4gn4r0k: They were flops because they were consoles. Since when do we compare peripheral sales to actual consoles sales, especially when said peripheral is as expensive as a console by itself?

Because 3 million sold is weak as **** dude

Comon, just admit it: Wii U is at 25 million sold, PSVR is at 3 million sold. Doesn't matter if one is a console and the other is a peripheral: they both offer THE EXACT SAME THING i.e. gaming.

3 million is a pathetic low amount. What a flop.

Close to Ouya numbers I would say.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@R4gn4r0k: Dude, you're just wrong, and that's that. Quaddy is right. You're comparing a console to a peripheral. I have no idea why you keep trying to act like that's a sensible thing to do.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 R4gn4r0k

@reduc_ab_: Keep walking around the facts: VR is a massive flop. Sony dropping support soon.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@R4gn4r0k: Aaaand you've got nothin'. Nice to know. "Bu...bu....bu....but Sony is going to drop support soon!!!!! I swear it!!!!!!"

Nice argument you've got there. ;)

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By QuadKnight

@R4gn4r0k said:
@quadknight said:

@R4gn4r0k: They were flops because they were consoles. Since when do we compare peripheral sales to actual consoles sales, especially when said peripheral is as expensive as a console by itself?

Comon, just admit it: Wii U is at 25 million sold, PSVR is at 3 million sold. Doesn't matter if one is a console and the other is a peripheral: they both offer THE EXACT SAME THING i.e. gaming.

^ ^ When you don't have argument you start saying stupid shit like this. Why shouldn't it matter that it's a peripheral? Yelling "it doesn't matter!" doesn't mean it won't matter. You don't get to decide what matters or doesn't matter when it comes to a billion dollar company's expectations for a product. I'm sure Sony kept their expectations in check and knew they wouldn't sell 10 million units in a year like some of you morons expect them to. Companies take price and other things into consideration when they are making projections for sales, and by all indications Sony had reasonable expectation for PSVR that were met. I doubt they'd be announcing the numbers like they are now and amount of software sold if they felt the numbers were terrible and far below their expectations.

You aslo realize that expensive peripherals never sell remotely close to what their parent consoles sell right? Because not only do you need to fork out the money for the console you also have to fork out money for the peripheral.The only peripherals that sell tens of millions are controllers and cheap bundled peripherals like Kinect. Expecting a $400-500 peripheral to sell as as much as a console that costs less is plain idiotic at best. You have zero arguments and that's why you're making this idiotic one. The support alone they keep giving PSVR proves that it's not a failure. It's getting more games and support than some consoles this gen and it's only a peripheral lol.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 R4gn4r0k

@quadknight: @reduc_ab_:

It's funny to see you guys cling onto a flop so hard. But it's understandable: I clinged onto Wii U and Vita really hard too, kept having hope for those right until the end. It's what a gamer should do imho, so you are right !

I see you guys writing similar stuff so let me ask you both: where are your arguments that 3 million sold isn't a flop ?

AFAIK Eye Toy for Playstation 2 sold way more than that and was never heard from again. We don't still have Eye Toys this gen, in fact I remember Kinect receiving incredible hate.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

3 million is honestly really low, it might be an accessory but its supposed to be a major one, one that lets you play a variety of games you cant with the controller. To put it in perspective madden19 sold 130 mill copies its first week. Even if only a 4th of those are ps4 sales madden still has sold ×25 more copies of madden 19 in one week compared sony who has sold 3 mill vr headsets in 3-4 years.

That sounds weak to me. I dont want one for my ps4, maybe next gen if it looks fun.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By QuadKnight
@jeezers said:

3 million is honestly really low, it might be an accessory but its supposed to be a major one, one that lets you play a variety of games you cant with the controller. To put it in perspective madden19 sold 130 mill copies its first week. Even if only a 4th of those are ps4 sales madden still has sold ×25 more copies of madden 19 in one week compared sony who has sold 3 mill vr headsets in 3-4 years.

That sounds weak to me. I dont want one for my ps4, maybe next gen if it looks fun.

It did not. Not even GTA V has sold a 100 million yet, and it's the top selling game this gen that's been out for 5 years on all the systems including last gen systems.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By QuadKnight
@R4gn4r0k said:

It's funny to see you guys cling onto a flop so hard. But it's understandable: I clinged onto Wii U and Vita really hard too, kept having hope for those right until the end. It's what a gamer should do imho, so you are right !

I see you guys writing similar stuff so let me ask you both: where are your arguments that 3 million sold isn't a flop ?

AFAIK Eye Toy for Playstation 2 sold way more than that and was never heard from again. We don't still have Eye Toys this gen, in fact I remember Kinect receiving incredible hate.

How much did the Eye Toy cost lol? Also you're wrong about they Eye Toy, it's still alive today.

An evolved version of it is what we use as the PSVR camera. In case you didn't know, a lot of the Eye Toy tech is what allows the PSVR to detect the Move Controllers. In fact, even before the PSVR launched we were using the camera to play mini-games with just the Dualshock 4 controllers....

PS Eye Toy for PS2
PS Eye Toy for PS2

Playstation Eye PS3
Playstation Eye PS3

PS4 camera that launched with PS4
PS4 camera that launched with PS4

Revised PS4 camera for PS4 and PSVR
Revised PS4 camera for PS4 and PSVR

If you're going to bash something at least do some research on what you're bashing. Saying the PS Eye is dead when the very tech for it evolved into use for the PSVR is idiotic.

Kinect 2.0 died because MS were idiots and tried to force it on people as a mandatory part of the Xbone. They didn't do anything with it to make it useful for gaming and it became a gimmick by the Xbone launch. The fact they f**ked up the Xbone launch is what made them drop Kinect 2.0 and allow it to die prematurely. It had nothing to do with the tech being bad or a flop, it had to do with the Xbone itself being a failure at launch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@R4gn4r0k: Quaddy broke it all down for you pretty much. There's nothing else to say, really, other than the only reasonable comparison sales-wise for the PSVR you can make is with other similarly priced headsets, which would be HTC and Oculus, which in turn makes PSVR indeed successful as it is handily outselling both, and has been for a while now. When another console VR headset appears the comparison will be even better.

Again, you've got nothin', dude. You can't effectively argue with people that know what's up.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 R4gn4r0k
@quadknight said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

How much did the Eye Toy cost lol? Also you're wrong about they Eye Toy, it's still alive today.

LMAO ! Aren't you in full denial mode.

Show me one person that still uses Eyetoy today. And no, not for VR. I mean literally: eye toy.

@reduc_ab_ said:

@R4gn4r0k: Quaddy broke it all down for you pretty much. There's nothing else to say, really, other than the only reasonable comparison sales-wise for the PSVR you can make is with other similarly priced headsets, which would be HTC and Oculus, which in turn makes PSVR indeed successful as it is handily outselling both. When another console VR headset appears the comparison will be even better.

Again, you've got nothin', dude. You can't effectively with people that know what's up.

Oh wow, PSVR isn't flopping as hard as the other VR headset flops ?

What an amazing argument dude, putting it in that perspective: 3 million sounds really good indeed.

"Quaddy broke it all down for you pretty much. There's nothing else to say, really"

You are right, you haven't really said much to be honest.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By QuadKnight

@R4gn4r0k: What a clown lol! So you're going to pretend you didn't see my post above wrecking you? I'm using the PS Eye right now in the form of the PSVR camera. The PSVR camera does everything the Eye Toy does. It even comes with software that you can install on it to play AR games with just your dualshock controller irrespective if you have a PSVR or not. The Eye Toy evolved into the PSVR camera lol. You're just in denial, thanks for admitting you've got nothing and are extremely uninformed.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

"B...bu....but teh PS Eye is dead!!1"

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 R4gn4r0k
@quadknight said:

@R4gn4r0k: What a clown lol! So you're going to pretend you didn't see my post above wrecking you? I'm using the PS Eye right now in the form of the PSVR camera. The PSVR camera does everything the Eye Toy does. It even comes with software that you can install on it to play AR games with just your dualshock controller irrespective if you have a PSVR or not. The Eye Toy evolved into the PSVR camera lol. You're just in denial, thanks for admitting you've got nothing and are extremely uninformed.

I'm laughing so hard at you right now, all you got are insults.

Ps Vita: Massive flop

Wii U: Massive flop

Eyetoy: flop

PSVR: massive success, eventhough it sold less than all of the above.

Eventhough Sony admitted it was way below expectations.

And I'm in denial ?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By QuadKnight
@R4gn4r0k said:
@quadknight said:

I'm laughing so hard at you right now, all you got are insults.

Ps Vita: Massive flop

Wii U: Massive flop

Eyetoy: flop

PSVR: massive success, eventhough it sold less than all of the above.

Eventhough Sony admitted it was way below expectations.

And I'm in denial ?

Laugh all you want. The videos I posted above are making you look like a total idiot that has no clue what he's talking about lol.

I'm over here laughing my ass off at your stupidity and denial in the face of overwhelming evidence ?

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@Link71113: After experiencing it in VR, I wouldn't play it any other way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@quadknight: The dude is trying sooooo hard lol.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 QuadKnight
@reduc_ab_ said:

@quadknight: The dude is trying sooooo hard lol.

Yea, you can tell he's mad too. He didn't do any research before coming here to own himself ?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 R4gn4r0k
@quadknight said:

Laugh all you want. The videos I posted above are making you look like a total idiot that has no clue what he's talking about lol.

I'm over here laughing my ass off at your stupidity and denial in the face of overwhelming evidence ?

Again with the insults. Hahahahahaha !

Keep thinking PSVR isn't a massive flop, when even Sony said so much.

Even your God disagrees with you fanboy, keep throwing insults at me if that makes the 3 million sold units easier to swallow ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@R4gn4r0k: Dude you're hopeless. The link you provided shows Sony talking about the VR market as a whole underperforming. Then they go on to say that the PSVR individually has continued to sell all along, with continual growth.

Do you ever think before you post?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By QuadKnight
@R4gn4r0k said:
@quadknight said:

Again with the insults. Hahahahahaha !

Keep thinking PSVR isn't a massive flop, when even Sony said so much.

Even your God disagrees with you fanboy, keep throwing insults at me if that makes the 3 million sold units easier to swallow ;)

? What were you saying again you clown?

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/08/16/celebrating-3-million-ps-vr-systems-sold/

Since when do people celebrate sales milestones for a failure?

? What a clown. You've got nothing, you've been totally destroyed lol.

@reduc_ab_ said:

@R4gn4r0k: Dude you're hopeless. The link you provided shows Sony talking about the VR market as a whole underperforming. Then they go on to say that the PSVR has continued to sell all along.

Do you ever think before you post?

Of course he doesn't, he's a rabid clown having a fanboy meltdown ?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 R4gn4r0k

@quadknight: LMAO I'm a fanboy now ? These insults of yours are getting very creative, I must admit.

Even Sony admitting that VR is underperforming and 3 million sales being weak as **** isn't enough proof for you that VR is flopping hard ?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@sts106mat: Nice to see eye toy doing so well after selling 3 times as much as PSVR. Lmao !

Avatar image for blueberry_bandit
Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#86 Blueberry_Bandit
Member since 2017 • 891 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

it's a moderate success. and im sure it moved about 3 million ps4's

however its far from a success. developers dont take it seriously. only things on it are old ports and demos. resident evil 7 was the only big game that was made specifically for VR.

every other game is just patched to work with VR.

if developers didnt want to make games for wiiU or vita with 10 million sales then PSVR is doomed to have nothing but demos and patches on exisiting games.

sad VR didnt take off like sony/vive/occulus wanted. but just like 3D it is not for everyone.

VR will remain a niche unless there are revolutionary improvements. no real developers are sinking millions of dollars into VR games because they will not make their money back.

Can you say that again?

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/06/oculus-expects-to-sell-north-of-a-million-units-for-first-consumer-rift/

https://uploadvr.com/htc-vive-gm-happy-sales-met-targets/

https://blog.vive.com/us/2018/07/26/think-vr-dying-just-getting-started/

https://uploadvr.com/sony-playstation-vr-sales-many-hundreds-thousands/

Because it's very very clear that VR is generally where it was expected to be.

As for revolutionary improvements, there are many on the way. Eye-tracking and foveated rendering is a game changer. Full body tracking is another. Realtime reconstruction is another. Varifocal displays are another. All of these should be here by gen 2.

@R4gn4r0k said:
@quadknight said:

It does matter. None of that is logical at all. You're comparing Wii U which is what, 8th generation? PSVR is 1st generation.

@R4gn4r0k said:

@sts106mat: Nice to see eye toy doing so well after selling 3 times as much as PSVR. Lmao !

Much cheaper, not a full medium, and easier to market.

Everyone saying that these sales are terrible are clueless. Really quite alarming that they actually genuinely believe they are right in their minds.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By QuadKnight

@sts106mat: Is that why MS is sharing sales milestones for the Flopbone? ? Oh wait....

MS doesn't share any sales milestones. In fact, they stopped sharing sales milestones in 2014 lol. That's how you know a true failure. Marketing or not, no one celebrates a sales milestone for a failed product. They ignore it and try to conceal its numbers as much as possible. You're not making any sense at all.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By QuadKnight
@R4gn4r0k said:

@quadknight: LMAO I'm a fanboy now ? These insults of yours are getting very creative, I must admit.

Even Sony admitting that VR is underperforming and 3 million sales being weak as **** isn't enough proof for you that VR is flopping hard ?

? You've been totally rekt and you have no logical comeback to what I said. Now you're just repeating yourself like an owned child..

"b...bu...bu...but teh 3 million salez is a flop because I say so!"

Sony's announcement of the sales milestone contradicts all the nonsense you're trying to spread in this thread. The fact the $500 peripheral is selling so well while its competitors can't even pull a million combined is making you so upset ?. Comparing WiiU an 8th gen console sales to the 1st gen of a $500 peripheral and getting owned hard. Why don't you go and tell the early adopters of cellphones back in the day that cellphones were going to be a flop because people were buying more land lines at the time, dumbass.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

It should say, "Thanks to all our amazing suckers for helping us achieve this milestone!"

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

I guess those are decent numbers.

Still, developers aren't going to pour heaps of resources into huge PSVR exclusives, just for the chance of ~1 million sales.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

Did someone say sony actually support their peripherals? Lol

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Poo cows, just can't even buy a break these dayzzz. :P

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#94 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69466 Posts

@reduc_ab_: The majority of PS4 gamers were smart enough to avoid this tripe. I guess you and your ring leader were one of the unwise ones? That explains the essay meltdowns.??

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By QuadKnight

@thedork_knight said:

Did someone say sony actually support their peripherals? Lol

They are supporting the PSVR right now better than MS supports the Flopbone, and they also supported the Move controllers which are still alive today while MS dropped Kinect 2.0 like it was an STD.

? Where is your Kinect you guys' wasted $100 on at the start of the gen?

@sts106mat said:

@quadknight: simply pointing out the obvious (and very much correct) answer to a question you asked.

? Yea, you've got nothing. Just like I thought, empty words and damage control you can't back up with links. Another failed lem attempt at a slam dunk...

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#96 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

GTS in VR is really good.

And oculus and HTC are now using MS tactics for sales numbers - hide them.

@quadknight said:
@KBFloYd said:

it's a moderate success. and im sure it moved about 3 million ps4's

however its far from a success.

Had the same reaction.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By QuadKnight
@sts106mat said:

@quadknight: hahahaaa

resorting to gifs as usual what a sore loser. you asked a question i provided the answer (well you did actually but didnt realise lol).

the only link you need is right there in the tweet you posted dumbass.

she is director of marketing....not head of playstation

its a milestone that the marketing department are using to help try and sell the flopping product.

sleep tight quackers

You didn't provide shit but a meltdown.

This was my question to you...

Is that why MS is sharing sales milestones for the Flopbone? ? Oh wait....

And this was your reply, basically a gif with no answer lol...

@sts106mat said:

@quadknight: simply pointing out the obvious (and very much correct) answer to a question you asked.

^ ^ ??? What a clown, and you're trying to attack me for posting gifs when you're doing the exact thing. You need to look at yourself in the mirror when you're looking for a loser because he's staring back at you.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By QuadKnight
@sts106mat said:

@quadknight: hahaaha what a butthurt essay.

cryingcow.gif etc etc

talk about looking in the mirror.

dont you recognise your own posting style / tactics

dont like it? its pretty.shit when thats all you can give out eh? hahaha

What essay? I'm laughing at you. ? You're having a meltdown and still can't answer my question.

You say companies with flopped products announce milestones all the time, just like companies with successful products yet you can't give us when last MS announced a milestone for the Flopbone. You're trying to turn it around on me but you're only embarrassing yourself. Why doesn't MS announce how many units the Flopbone has sold so that they can use the opportunity to "advertise it again" like you said?

? Your silence is admittance of your defeat. You can't answer the question lol.