Let's talk about Switch Online and Nintendo's Online division as a whole...

• 72 results
Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

Now I know this topic has been discussed many times, but since the problems with Nintendo's online division seem to only get worse rather than better, there's a few things I feel the need to get off my chest.

Obviously this is not a new problem. Nintendo has been pulling this shit for close to decades now. We live in an online, interconnected, social networking world now. How Nintendo believes that online isn't important in the year 2019 is beyond me. You would think that after so much criticism they would at least make SOME progress. But from my experience, the Switch online is by far the worst service(relative to the era) of all time, unless you count the Gamecube. Nintendo has done nothing to take a step forward, and instead opted to take multiple steps back WHILE somehow thinking it's OK to add a subscription fee in the process.

We all know Nintendo fanboys love to defend Switch online's fee by saying "lol it's only $20/year, if you can't afford that get a job". But the problem simply isn't the price and never will be. The problem is that the service is absolutely horrible.... not just by today's standards, but even by 10-15 years ago. Let's recap what Switch online gets you:

• Awful servers
  • A garbage antiquated user interface on par with the 3DS
  • Stupid unnecessary friend codes
  • No native voice chat(even though Fortnite on the Switch proves it can be done through the headset jack on the top of the Switch without the dumb cell phone app)
  • Basically 0 online features(even stuff that has been industry standard for over a decade)
  • Barely any apps(which would really increase it's value as a tablet)
  • An NES emulator with an extremely underwhelming library(and has noticeable input lag and poor performance/slowdowns... while PS4/XB1 give free AAA games almost monthly)
  • NO MESSAGING OTHER USERS INCLUDING YOUR FRIENDS(WTF DECADE ARE WE IN?)
  • Almost all of Nintendo's first party games that offer online gameplay do it very poorly.(Not to mention some games that SHOULD include online don't, such as Mario Party)

Even Nintendo's newest game coming Mario Maker has an online mode, but yet you can only play it with random people and not your friends. What kind of ass backwards BS is that? Why would you make an online mode but not allow friends to play together? lmao. The Switch online would be overpriced if it was even $0.01. This service is somehow WORSE than the Wii and Wii U service which were free, and yet now they expect us to pay? It's a joke.

So why does Nintendo continue to deliver the same pathetic excuse for online time and time again? Who at Nintendo is truly to blame for this? Why do they seem to not care at all? Is it that difficult to simply clean house replace their online division staff with some people who actually know about online gaming in 2019? I honestly don't get it. Part of me thinks they're simply too cheap to invest money into improving. They seem content with the fact that they have their Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Smash, etc games that will sell good no matter how awful their online services are. They don't even seem to acknowledge the fact that their online is bad. Nothing's going to change unless people find a way to let them know they expect more.

Anyways what do you guys think? Who really is to blame here and why?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

The answer is very simple. Nintendo core fanbase has allowed it. There is no consequence for their online service and their wouldn't be. The system is selling well despite these problems and its not going to change well because its Nintendo. Nintendo only makes changes when its ABSOLUTELY necessary and improving its online is currently not in that category.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Blame their fanbase. Why even try.

And Mario Maker 2 will get online multiplayer post-launch.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

It's been an overall disappointment, not gonna lie.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Nintendo Online sucks. Switch is my favorite console but the online offerings have sucked and the service is crap. At least for now it’s very cheap so I don’t really complain about it but yeah... it needs improvement for sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

PSN Plus = F

Xbox Live Gold = F

Switch Online = F

All paid multiplayer subscriptions are shit.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

People will never be happy. I remember complaints about PS+ and the "indie fodder." Now, gamers turned against NES games. SNES games may get included but eventually it will grow into "Where is N64?" or complain when Square Enix may not bother to throw in Chrono Trigger for a free online service. I wish we got Virtual Console back. With price adjustments, I think that would been the best solution now we seen "Nintendoflix" in action.

Honestly, PSN and Nintendo Online are garbage compared to Xbox Live. At least Nintendo Online is only $20 and Sony keeps raising the price for their garbage service but then again, I don't pay for online and I really don't play MP games like that anyways unless I need to. I do my online gaming on PC. I can't complain about Nintendo online since I don't bother with it like that and I play Switch exclusive games for the most parts.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#9 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

@davillain-: Hopefully Nintendo can work with MS to create a solid online platform with crossplay.:P A win for everyone. I prefer if it was free across the board.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator

@Pedro said:

@davillain-: Hopefully Nintendo can work with MS to create a solid online platform with crossplay.:P A win for everyone. I prefer if it was free across the board.

All Nintendo really needs is just a solid nice online service that's almost on par with Xbox Live, and it would have been fine and if they need to raise the cost of $30, that's understandable for a solid friendly online service. Nintendo tried to be cheap on this one.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Gotta love how hermits complain about a paid subscription to play online, but pay hundreds for a single piece of hardware that goes to that jigsaw puzzle they call a PC lol.

Watch out OP that rabid sheep char has been around here lately shutting down all negative Nintendo threads, and i'm sure yours will be next.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Nintendo as whole is garbage.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Or we can refer to the other 8 million posts about this exact same topic.

Someone is VERY bored.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#14 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

As someone who would be perfectly fine if online gaming ceased to exist, I hope Nintendo keeps failing at online.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Nintendont knows their Silly sheep fan-base don't care. I mean, they bought that severely overpriced handheld potato known as the Bait & Switch. lol :P

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

Nintendo is sort of a monopoly. It’s the only decent handheld console that is being supported, it’s primarily aimed at children and Nintendo does not release games for other consoles.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

I can go to the beach with a few, tether the phone, and get Mario Kart online going. Cant do that with Xbox or Playstation. Its what suits your lifestyle. Not everybody wants all those features.

Maybe if you are a die-hard gamer kid or teenager and use the social aspects of those formats, but imo at that point their parents should treat proper ways to interact with other.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily said:

Gotta love how hermits complain about a paid subscription to play online, but pay hundreds for a single piece of hardware that goes to that jigsaw puzzle they call a PC lol.

Watch out OP that rabid sheep char has been around here lately shutting down all negative Nintendo threads, and i'm sure yours will be next.

You really dislike PC gamers huh? Not our fault you can't spend $500 just for a nice gaming PC build.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I love my Switch a lot, but the online service is a joke.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

Switch Online is awful. The only reason why I have it is because I got a free year off Amazon prime. I already canceled renewal. Fortunately none of the Switch exclusives rely on it so it doesn't matter.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Yep. While I love Nintendo and love my Switch there’s no two ways about it, their online service sucks. They need to up their game offerings for the service, these NES games just aren’t cutting it, they need to start offering some SNES games. I’d like to see Netflix get added to the system as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@heirren said:

I can go to the beach with a few, tether the phone, and get Mario Kart online going. Cant do that with Xbox or Playstation.

They've been losing all of 2019 (Xbox fans since 2013) and they don't know why. They'll get it someday. Their silly little arms race means nothing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

You really dislike PC gamers huh? Not our fault you can't spend $500 just for a nice gaming PC build.

The PC I have at home cost me a grand, I bought it for the missus and even she doesn't even use it for ANYTHING.

I don't hate hermits they just hate themselves and gaming as they are happy to spend hundreds/thousands supporting tech companies and either buy their games extremely cheap or just steal them.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#24 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

@heirren said:

I can go to the beach with a few, tether the phone, and get Mario Kart online going. Cant do that with Xbox or Playstation. Its what suits your lifestyle. Not everybody wants all those features.

Maybe if you are a die-hard gamer kid or teenager and use the social aspects of those formats, but imo at that point their parents should treat proper ways to interact with other.

If you're going to the beach to play switch you're doing the beach wrong.

A better argument would be on a plane, bus, or long car ride.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@Star67:

Nah. Dont be so narrow minded to assume that a Nintendo Switch is the reason for going.

Sheesh, kids and assuming these days.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily said:

The PC I have at home cost me a grand, I bought it for the missus and even she doesn't even use it for ANYTHING.

I don't hate hermits they just hate themselves and gaming as they are happy to spend hundreds/thousands supporting tech companies and either buy their games extremely cheap or just steal them.

Don't worry, I don't support pirates and I do want to support the developers who put efforts into making a good game gets my hard earn money. As far as supporting tech companies. How are we different then supporting Sony/MS/Nintendo console's hardware tech? We the gamers buy tech stuff. But hey, you do what you wanna do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@goldenelementxl:

It is a shame Trials Rising on Switch runs at 30fps. I didnt get it for that reason. Would have preferred if they cut back the visuals or even went for a flat shaded poly look to get the game running right.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

Don't worry, I don't support pirates and I do want to support the developers who put efforts into making a good game gets my hard earn money. As far as supporting tech companies. How are we different then supporting Sony/MS/Nintendo console's hardware tech? We the gamers buy tech stuff. But hey, you do what you wanna do.

Because MS/Nintendo/Sony make games to play on their hardware whereas tech companies do not, so by buying consoles you are supporting gaming. Did you really needed me to point that out to you, oh wait you're a sometimes hermit sometimes cow so yeah I did lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@heirren said:

@goldenelementxl:

It is a shame Trials Rising on Switch runs at 30fps. I didnt get it for that reason. Would have preferred if they cut back the visuals or even went for a flat shaded poly look to get the game running right.

Yeah, I went with the Xbox One version because of that. If the Switch version is too compromised, I usually go Xbox One X because it's the strongest console, or I go PC if multiplayer with friends/family isn't a concern.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

Because MS/Nintendo/Sony make games to play on their hardware whereas tech companies do not, so by buying consoles you are supporting gaming. Did you really needed me to point that out to you, oh wait you're a sometimes hermit sometimes cow so yeah I did lol.

Supporting Nvidia/AMD/Intel is supporting gaming. Bruh, they make the stuff that goes in your console boxes...

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@Messiahbolical- said:

• Almost all of Nintendo's first party games that offer online gameplay do it very poorly.(Not to mention some games that SHOULD include online don't, such as Mario Party)

Sp2 and MK work well in terms of online MP.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@goldenelementxl:

Yeah bummer. If theres a patch ill buy it but all ive got is switch. Well, switch and a ps3 as a bluray player.

The mobile version of Trials is surprisingly good. Runs at 60fps too.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

as a switch owner: well lets just say i wasnt expecting things to improve from the wiiu (in some ways its gone backwards....i miss the warrawarra). i didnt buy it for online gaming (though in fairness i dont play games online much anyway). it's nintendo....with online. the best thing i can from my experience with it (which is mostly monster hunter tri on the wii) is that its reliable.

as for why? i think there are a few reasons.

1) their userbase, by and large, doesn't care or at least doesnt seem to care (i include myself in that to be honest. dont use nintendo online, no intention to use it, couldnt care less of nintendo did improve it. i'm part of the problem :P)

2) they are way way too far behind already. sony were doing online long before PSN (at one point they were making more PC games than MS :P). MS are a SAAS company first and foremost: online services are their bread and butter. nintendo have, at best, dipped their toe in it but it's not their focus and never has been. they have decades to catch up on in terms of development.

3) its a red ocean. history has shown is that when nintendo try to do what MS and sony do they get battered. it's why they stopped doing it after the gamecube. they simply cant outspend MS and sony.

4) they are terrified of an online scandal. 1 case of a nintendo device being used to go after children blowing up on the news and it will do the brand a lot of harm. 1 of nintendos selling points is that their devices are safe for children. its the reason for friend codes, generally being restrictive on who you can talk to online and how you do it (though i think they have loosened up somewhat on that) and so on. censoring the internet is a tough and expensive job.

will things improve? how are the subs in terms of numbers? any indication that a high % of switch owners are signing up? if they are then maybe they will invest more.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

its a FLOP and will always be one.

Am cry Nintendo

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#35 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I'll be honest, I'm not really someone who would use voice chat much anyway if I had it. @osan0 got that right. I think most of us Nintendo fans are the sort of people who don't want too much internet and social media in our video games.

I think the online service is pretty lousy though. Being able to send messages to your friends would be great. And it's a shame how you can't just jump into online games of smash bros. with friends, your only option is to make those stupid lobbies.

I don't expect the Switch Online to improve much more during the life of the Switch. Maybe eventually there will be a Netflix app, and maybe Nintendo will make some new programs in future system updates. But it is what it is. I guess once my first year of online runs out, I'll see if there is anything it adds to my games at all. For now it's not adding much.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

@heirren said:

@goldenelementxl:

This is a problem with all of gaming as a whole, not just Trials Rising on the Switch. Game devs should be banned from making games run less than 60fps just for "better" visuals. I put better in quotes because honestly they're not better at all. How tf are visuals better if they can give you a headache from looking at them seeing the frames flashing? I bet they also increase epileptic people's chance at getting a seizure too. 30fps just doesn't look good at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#37 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@ezekiel43 said:

PSN Plus = F

Xbox Live Gold = F

Switch Online = F

All paid multiplayer subscriptions are shit.

I'd put PSN and XBL far above the switch online. Nothing is flawless, but Nintendo's online offerings are 3556 times worse than the other two. It's shameful and they should be sent to the Hague.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I have no desire to play these Nintendo games online, they aren't asking for much though. I just dislike lack of VC support and closest thing is having to pay for the service and play the games they put out. Then again not sure I'd support that if they did have a robust VC catalog since they've been crap honoring rights or providing cross platform game ownership.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@heirren said:

You're on the beach playing a video game...

Or maybe you have a gaming addiction?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@Messiahbolical-:

No its common sense. Has more to do with inputs, for games.

Also, a lot of great looking films are shot at 24fps.

Dont be bitter.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@Ant_17:

Nah its nice to have around. You never know.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

ITS 40 DOLLARS CHEAPER THAN XBOX LIVE which you need to play free to play games like fortnite

fortnite is free on the switch and ps4 to play freely you don't pay a fee a 60 dollar FEE

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Also games you need to have online for

• Smash Bro Ultimate
  • Mario Kart Deluxe
  • Super Mario Maker 2

like xbox has shit son, shit . you NEED ONLINE with nintendo with mario maker how do you get all those levels without online

with nintendo you get value tetris 99 nintendo games every month

with xbox you got 60 dollars for nothing nothingness a bunch of awful 360 games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Too many games on the eshop to not have some form of review system in place.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#45 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@Messiahbolical- said:

Now I know this topic has been discussed many times, but since the problems with Nintendo's online division seem to only get worse rather than better, there's a few things I feel the need to get off my chest.

Obviously this is not a new problem. Nintendo has been pulling this shit for close to decades now. We live in an online, interconnected, social networking world now. How Nintendo believes that online isn't important in the year 2019 is beyond me. You would think that after so much criticism they would at least make SOME progress. But from my experience, the Switch online is by far the worst service(relative to the era) of all time, unless you count the Gamecube. Nintendo has done nothing to take a step forward, and instead opted to take multiple steps back WHILE somehow thinking it's OK to add a subscription fee in the process.

We all know Nintendo fanboys love to defend Switch online's fee by saying "lol it's only $20/year, if you can't afford that get a job". But the problem simply isn't the price and never will be. The problem is that the service is absolutely horrible.... not just by today's standards, but even by 10-15 years ago. Let's recap what Switch online gets you:

• Awful servers
  • A garbage antiquated user interface on par with the 3DS
  • Stupid unnecessary friend codes
  • No native voice chat(even though Fortnite on the Switch proves it can be done through the headset jack on the top of the Switch without the dumb cell phone app)
  • Basically 0 online features(even stuff that has been industry standard for over a decade)
  • Barely any apps(which would really increase it's value as a tablet)
  • An NES emulator with an extremely underwhelming library(and has noticeable input lag and poor performance/slowdowns... while PS4/XB1 give free AAA games almost monthly)
  • NO MESSAGING OTHER USERS INCLUDING YOUR FRIENDS(WTF DECADE ARE WE IN?)

Even Nintendo's newest game coming Mario Maker has an online mode, but yet you can only play it with random people and not your friends. What kind of ass backwards BS is that? Why would you make an online mode but not allow friends to play together? lmao. The Switch online would be overpriced if it was even $0.01. This service is somehow WORSE than the Wii and Wii U service which were free, and yet now they expect us to pay? It's a joke.

So why does Nintendo continue to deliver the same pathetic excuse for online time and time again? Who at Nintendo is truly to blame for this? Why do they seem to not care at all? Is it that difficult to simply clean house replace their online division staff with some people who actually know about online gaming in 2019? I honestly don't get it. Part of me thinks they're simply too cheap to invest money into improving. They seem content with the fact that they have their Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Smash, etc games that will sell good no matter how awful their online services are. They don't even seem to acknowledge the fact that their online is bad. Nothing's going to change unless people find a way to let them know they expect more.

Anyways what do you guys think? Who really is to blame here and why?

1. Why do you are any of you people spend money one products you dont like? Not trying to be a snot, but seriously there are other options to play.

2. You dont just have issues with just Switch Online, you seem to have an issue with the Nintendo eShop, Nintendo Account\Nintendo Network. There seems to be an expectation that these services should be like PSN or Xbox Live.

Coolyfett's take: You are right, the way Nintendo does internet is strange compared to the norm. They need to get rid of friend codes not only for their main systems, but also for mobile apps. They have the Nintendo Account that they merged with Nintendo Network to unify all purchases from 3DS, Wii U & Switch so there is progress. As far as Nintendo Switch Online, anyone who settles for a back catalog of Generation 3 games is not getting what they pay for. You are being jipped. The best choice there is to not pay for that subscription. By now the back catalog should be the top games from Gen 3- Gen 7 at a minimum. No way should Nintendo be loading their Online Subscription with Gen 3 rejects. It should feature the best of NES, SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, N64, Gamecube, DS & Wii anything less at this point is robbery. Pardon the ignorance, was under the impressing friends could message each other on the Switch App. Is this not the case?

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#46 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

You know what!? Dude you are right. This is off topic, but PC guys seem hella depressed. Its like they want everyone to BE on a PC WITH THEM and love to bother people who buy and play consoles. What are they so upset about? Its seems many of them wish consoles would go away so all gamers can play WITH THEM. They also seem to be the main ones pushing for Cross Play to PlayStation. Are they lonely?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@davillain- said:

People will never be happy. I remember complaints about PS+ and the "indie fodder." Now, gamers turned against NES games. SNES games may get included but eventually it will grow into "Where is N64?" or complain when Square Enix may not bother to throw in Chrono Trigger for a free online service. I wish we got Virtual Console back.

Why though? Virtual console games do not carry over from one console to the other, so you have to keep buying the same games over and over.

I can buy a game on PSN and it will work on Vita, PS3 and PS4, if supported.

I can buy a game on PC and I take it along with all my upcoming PC systems.

I buy a Virtual Console game and ... nah, I'd rather throw my money down the drain at this point.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#48 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I love Nintendo games, but their online service is a joke. I did the free trial, but would not pay for what they are currently offering.

NerdRAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#49  Edited By NerdRAGE
Member since 2019 • 35 Posts

For those of you blaming the "Nintendo Fanbase" for Nintendo's short-comings with their Online service, I'd like to point out that Nintendo themselves is on record discussing ways to boost the appeal of Nintendo ONLINE due to subscribers opting for short subscription plans. In fact, they were unwilling to reveal the number of it's subscriber base at launch initially.

[LINK]

So clearly the fanbase is NOT eating this stuff up or defending it at every turn as you guys are suggesting.

Look, it's no secret that Nintendo ONLINE is BAD. It has gotten negative feedback on every social platform it's been shared on. Believe me kids, Nintendo knows we don't like it. The service is waaaaay inferior in terms of features and value compared to what's offered by Sony and Microsoft. BUT, Nintendo, not it's FANS, are being stubborn about this and are hilariously trying to convince us that using a smart phone for in-game chatting is a good idea.

Nintendo isn't listening to anyone. Not it's fans or it's critics. We asked for way more than this but got way less instead. They have this delusional idea that they can somehow pioneer something that is different and better than the solid, PROVEN working models that already exist. This WILL bite Nintendo in the *ss down the road because I really feel that their ONLINE service is the one and only valid reason for possible buyers to opt for something other than a Switch, or any other Nintendo device that uses this incredibly feeble service. And if you're hardcore about ONLINE interaction and achievements, then a Nintendo system is definitely the wrong system to own. And no matter what anyone says, the base will eventually figure this out and Nintendo will be hurt by this when they do. Sure, the service itself isn't really costing Nintendo anything because they're not really investing much into it, but remember what you get with this lame Online plan: Access to server-side classic titles that most of us don't care about, cloud saving for SOME games and access to online play via peer-to-peer, no dedicated servers. That's pretty much it. So yeah, the gains are definitely stacked in their favor, not ours.

Fortunately for me, my Nintendo ONLINE service is included free thru Twitch Prime. So I lose nothing. But if it's ever taken off of Twitch Prime, that's one subscriber Nintendo will lose.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

I dig it. I really like that the social media stuff takes a backseat on the console.

Its like buying a windows laptop with bloatware vs buying a mac.