Let's talk about Skyward Sword.

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for NationProtector
NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#101 NationProtector
Member since 2013 • 1609 Posts

[QUOTE="DocSanchez"]

[QUOTE="Darth-Samus"]

I'm sorry, are you kidding me with a statement as ignorant as that, little dude?

For someone who's been playing the series since the NES orignal and closely followed every one of the releases over the last 26 years (and who also counts the series, its characters, and its lore as some of the most important and very best in my 30 year gaming), the way that game concluded was remarkably touching and extremely epic.

So that deep story that your feeble brain was too incompetent to comprehend did indeed affect me in that way. And proudly. With such an asinine statement like the one you just made I can only assume one of two things. A) you never played, or at the very least finished, Skyward Sword. Or B) as aluded to before it seems more likely that you were too inept to appreciate its brilliance.

Either way, your loss, our gain.

Darth-Samus

Put the tissues away, there's no need to cry about it.

Really buddy? Tissues? That's pitiful dude.

I defended a game I love. On a video games forum. And proudly so. Pretty sure there's nothing out of place with that. And if you think that there is then pal you are in the wrong place. But thanks for trying.

:lol: Son it's a DVD in a plastic box! Dude, it's not a Deep story. I usually don't hear of people crying over stuff that s shallow. Ok, you love the game and want to cry over it fine but you need to calm down and breath man!
Avatar image for NationProtector
NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#102 NationProtector
Member since 2013 • 1609 Posts

[QUOTE="NationProtector"][QUOTE="Darth-Samus"]The story was phenomenal and literally had me in tears at the end. Darth-Samus

So... Do your parents like let you read books or watch movies, or watch the news or anything or do they have you locked up? I say this because to cry at something not even close to a deep story is very...odd.

I'm sorry, are you kidding me with a statement as ignorant as that, little dude?

For someone who's been playing the series since the NES orignal and closely followed every one of the releases over the last 26 years (and who also counts the series, its characters, and its lore as some of the most important and very best in my 30 years of gaming), the way that game concluded was remarkably touching and extremely epic.

So that deep story that your feeble brain was too incompetent to comprehend did indeed affect me in that way. And proudly. With such an asinine statement like the one you just made I can only assume one of two things. A) you never played, or at the very least finished, Skyward Sword. Or B) as aluded to before it seems more likely that you were too inept to appreciate its brilliance.

I did not cry over a shallow story that would only USUALLY be cryable to if I was 7 so that means I don't understand a deep plot? Lol, SS does not have a deep plot, ok you love you DVD in a plastic box, you are more emotionally (clearly) in the series as Charizard but damn dude, it's NOT usual to see someone in tear over shallow games that are meant for a younger audience. I am sorry if I caused you to go into tears I was not trying to make fun of you just found it odd. And who the %**$ is "out"? No one cried with you.
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#103 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

[QUOTE="Darth-Samus"]

[QUOTE="DocSanchez"]

Put the tissues away, there's no need to cry about it.

NationProtector

I defended a game I love. On a video games forum. And proudly so. Pretty sure there's nothing out of place with that. And if you think that there is then pal you are in the wrong place. But thanks for trying.

:lol: Son it's a DVD in a plastic box! Dude, it's not a Deep story. I usually don't hear of people crying over stuff that s shallow. Ok, you love the game and want to cry over it fine but you need to calm down and breath man!

What the hell is going on here?

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

[QUOTE="Darth-Samus"]

[QUOTE="NationProtector"] So... Do your parents like let you read books or watch movies, or watch the news or anything or do they have you locked up? I say this because to cry at something not even close to a deep story is very...odd.NationProtector

For someone who's been playing the series since the NES orignal and closely followed every one of the releases over the last 26 years (and who also counts the series, its characters, and its lore as some of the most important and very best in my 30 years of gaming), the way that game concluded was remarkably touching and extremely epic.

I did not cry over a shallow story that would only USUALLY be cryable to if I was 7 so that means I don't understand a deep plot? Lol, SS does not have a deep plot, ok you love you DVD in a plastic box, you are more emotionally (clearly) in the series as Charizard but damn dude, it's NOT usual to see someone in tear over shallow games that are meant for a younger audience. I am sorry if I caused you to go into tears I was not trying to make fun of you just found it odd. And who the %**$ is "out"? No one cried with you.

I find it unusual that you find it unusual. It's the usual that people care about different things to different degrees.

Avatar image for charlesdarwin55
charlesdarwin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105 charlesdarwin55
Member since 2010 • 2651 Posts

Let's not please

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#106 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
I was enjoying it for a while, but the controls got annoying eventually. I honestly did not go very far in it because the controls ended up hampering my enjoyment to the point of losing interest. I wish Nintendo had included to option to play without motion controls.
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#107 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
I could have played it, if it wasn't because of the pathetic motion controls. Hell, even Twilight Princess on Wii wasn't such a mess compared to Skyward Sword with the motion controls.
moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

The best after Wind Waker.Chrome-

Gonna go out on a limb here and say you're not very old.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

I really enjoyed Skyward Sword.  Surprisingly I loved the motion controls, swiping with the mote and blocking with the nunchuck attachment made combat that little bit more enjoyable for me.  I agree that the motion controls for flying and swimming where clumsy and pointless though.

Had some great dungeons/bosses, I'd even say that Koloktos was one of my favourite boss fights of all time.  Fighting the Imprisoned repeatedly certainly got very tedious though. 

I didn't really like the whole hub city/overworld idea though.  Just want an open world really.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#110 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

[QUOTE="Chrome-"]The best after Wind Waker.moistsandwich

There's a reason why they call 'em "Nintenyearolds". ;)
PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

[QUOTE="Chrome-"]The best after Wind Waker.moistsandwich

Really, I would probably agree with him if nostalgia weren't fueling my love for the N64 games. SS is clearly better than TP. It's no Wind Waker, though.
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 trugs26

[QUOTE="moistsandwich"]

[QUOTE="Chrome-"]The best after Wind Waker.PurpleMan5000

Really, I would probably agree with him if nostalgia weren't fueling my love for the N64 games. SS is clearly better than TP. It's no Wind Waker, though.

I agree with him, and I've been playing Zelda for ages. For me it's either MM or WW for number 1. I've been playing since the NES.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

[QUOTE="PurpleMan5000"][QUOTE="moistsandwich"]

trugs26

I agree with him, and I've been playing Zelda for ages. For me it's either MM or WW for number 1. I've been playing since the NES.

How would you put Skyward Sword at 2nd, then?
FiveSecondFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 FiveSecondFury
Member since 2013 • 39 Posts

[QUOTE="NationProtector"][QUOTE="Darth-Samus"]

turtlethetaffer

What the hell is going on here?

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#115 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11514 Posts

[QUOTE="NationProtector"][QUOTE="Darth-Samus"]The story was phenomenal and literally had me in tears at the end. charizard1605
So... Do your parents like let you read books or watch movies, or watch the news or anything or do they have you locked up? I say this because to cry at something not even close to a deep story is very...odd.

Eh, I can see how Zelda's final scene in Skyward Sword would make someone invested in the series lore get a little tearful.

Personally, there is only one Zelda that ever got me to well up with tears and that's the Wind Waker. They still have yet to produce a story even half as good as that one in this long running series. I can't wait to play it again soon.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 trugs26

[QUOTE="trugs26"]

[QUOTE="PurpleMan5000"] Really, I would probably agree with him if nostalgia weren't fueling my love for the N64 games. SS is clearly better than TP. It's no Wind Waker, though.PurpleMan5000

How would you put Skyward Sword at 2nd, then?

Sorry, I didn't consider that. Just meant his number one.

thomasmcshea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 thomasmcshea
Member since 2013 • 40 Posts
I'm not a big fan of this game at all. The controls are horrible.