Lets face it , XBOX 360 wont be number 1 this gen

• 167 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 InfamousC
Member since 2006 • 2389 Posts

[QUOTE="Rashpal"]Don't back up too fast or you might bang you head on that wall.DaysAirlines
Now it's time for you to have a momment of clarity. This time last year the 360 had 3.19 million units sold. How much does the PS3 have right now.

Noone can answer that question until this months totals have been calculated.

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts
[QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"][QUOTE="InfamousC"]
[QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"]Before the PS3 can even think about competing with the 360, it has to first start selling better than the Wii, which it's not doing right now. And you need to remember something. The vast majority of GTA fans could care less what system they play GTA4 on. So what system does that benefit most? The $400 (or less) system, or the $600 system?DaysAirlines
There's no sense in arguing with him. I argued with him for the last four pages that GTA and Halo are two of America's most important IPs he said DMC, MGS, and FFXII were.

Dude your just a fanboy Halo is big but not one of America's important IP's. Those would have to be Madden, Tiger Woods Golf, and The Sims.

http://www.vgcharts.org/worldtotals.php?name=&console=&publisher=EA&sort=Total Be a good little boy and go through this list and tell me if any of the games you mentioned came even close to sell more than Halo on any console.

Madden NFL 2005 - 4.46 mil Madden NFL 2004 - 4.03 mil Madden NFL 06 - 3.84 mil Madden NFL 07 - 3.43 mil Madden NFL 2003 - 3.28 mil Madden NFL 2002 - 2.38 mil Madden NFL 2001 - 1.14 mil The Sims: Bustin Out - 2.15 Tiger Woods PGA 2004 - 1.44 mil Tiger Woods PGA 2005 - 1.27 mil The Sims - 2.68 mil Total = 30.1 million games sold. These are just the PS2 versions totals alone. 360 would die if it did not have these titles.

I don't understand the point that is being made here. If Halo was on it's 10th game let's say it would have sold maybe two or three times that total
Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Rashpal
Member since 2004 • 3781 Posts
:o
[QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"]

[QUOTE="Rashpal"] Yeah, I know. Funny how you ignored the Japan part and went straight to worldwide figures. Had a leg to stand on there possibly?Yellow_Rose

Well isn't Japan part of the worldwide figures?  Or is it you that need the comfort food that is Japan right now ;)

Japan is part of the worldwide figures but the way 360 doing there it's probably better to think it isn't there at all.

The 360 is on track to do better than the original xbox there by the middle of fall.  The 360 will get 2 AAA rpgs before the PS3 will get 1.  So who knows what will happen.

:o Are you talking potential!!!
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="Rashpal"]Don't back up too fast or you might bang you head on that wall.InfamousC

Now it's time for you to have a momment of clarity. This time last year the 360 had 3.19 million units sold. How much does the PS3 have right now.

Noone can answer that question until this months totals have been calculated.

Even if the PS3 had 3.5 Million units sold by this time it still would be an upset the way fanboys talk about how much Sony bashed and destroyed the Xbox, I mean if there is brand loyalty shouldn't the Wii be second to the PS3 right now?
Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Rashpal
[QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="Rashpal"]Don't back up too fast or you might bang you head on that wall.kcpp2b

According to you questionable source 2mil. With only two regions and at a more expensive price, who do you think needs the clarity???

You do. The original argument was that Halo and GTA would push 360 sales and over the PS3 this holiday season.

No my friend it's you that needs to wake up and smell the coffee. GTA will on PS3 and those that want Halo (ie the fans) probably already have a 360. It'll take more than those two games to convince the mass market of 360's credentials. You think Sony will just sit on their rare ends and watch MS eat up the market. MS wanted a fight and by christmas this year MS will finally be in one.

PS having GTA exclusive or time exclusive was a huge deal man. I mean a lot of people are going to be buying consoles this holiday season and before they would say have to get PS maybe cause GTA being a major point.
But now if they want GTA then can get either console so it comes down to other points now like price and bundles etc..

And fact is Halo is a huge game and does sell systems. I mean it saved the Xbox IMO.
And I love how people, or fanboys, seem to know that all Halo owners have a 360 already lol
Halo 2 sold around 8 Million copies which could easily move to 9 or 10 Million for part 3 as the first game did almost 7 million.

A lot of people haven't bought next gen systems yet really cause they are waiting for price drops or bundles or games to come out. And that is the case for people who love Halo or Mario or MGS etc... And when Halo comes out people will find a 360 bundle and get the game. I personally don't think people who are gonna buy Halo 3 don't all own a 360 already I would say half of them at most

The point is those games aren't enough. 360 will have Halo but GTA will be on PS3 and Sony aren't going to just sit there and let people buy into 360. By this time next week the hardware will be out and the japanese giant will shift focus on to the main course business: software. You think from now until christmas this situation will stay the same? It's like they say, while the cats away the mice will play. While Sony has busied itself getting the console to market MS have been bullish and asking for a fight. Well take it from me they've got one. This christmas will be very different from the last.
wmc540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 wmc540
Member since 2006 • 2620 Posts
[QUOTE="TyrantDragon55"][QUOTE="Rashpal"]Like I said the credibility of your source is questionable...Rashpal

Then please, find us a credible source that proves him wrong.

His point is moot. The argument, which was raised by someone, else was by Nov 07 the TC will change his mind because Halo and GTA will be on 360. The strength of these IPs in the america market was argued to be influencial. It is not.

You were wrong rashpal... get over yourself.
DarkRider23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 DarkRider23
Member since 2004 • 1753 Posts
[QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"][QUOTE="InfamousC"]
[QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"]Before the PS3 can even think about competing with the 360, it has to first start selling better than the Wii, which it's not doing right now. And you need to remember something. The vast majority of GTA fans could care less what system they play GTA4 on. So what system does that benefit most? The $400 (or less) system, or the $600 system?DaysAirlines
There's no sense in arguing with him. I argued with him for the last four pages that GTA and Halo are two of America's most important IPs he said DMC, MGS, and FFXII were.

Dude your just a fanboy Halo is big but not one of America's important IP's. Those would have to be Madden, Tiger Woods Golf, and The Sims.

http://www.vgcharts.org/worldtotals.php?name=&console=&publisher=EA&sort=Total Be a good little boy and go through this list and tell me if any of the games you mentioned came even close to sell more than Halo on any console.

Madden NFL 2005 - 4.46 mil Madden NFL 2004 - 4.03 mil Madden NFL 06 - 3.84 mil Madden NFL 07 - 3.43 mil Madden NFL 2003 - 3.28 mil Madden NFL 2002 - 2.38 mil Madden NFL 2001 - 1.14 mil The Sims: Bustin Out - 2.15 Tiger Woods PGA 2004 - 1.44 mil Tiger Woods PGA 2005 - 1.27 mil The Sims - 2.68 mil Total = 30.1 million games sold. These are just the PS2 versions totals alone. 360 would die if it did not have these titles.

What point are you trying to prove? I really can't see one... IF the 360 didn't have them? Since when the hell did sports games/Sims become PS2/3 "EXCLUSIVE?" The PS2/3 would die a more horrible death if it didn't have those titles.
Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Rashpal
[QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="TyrantDragon55"][QUOTE="Rashpal"]Like I said the credibility of your source is questionable...wmc540

His point is moot. The argument, which was raised by someone, else was by Nov 07 the TC will change his mind because Halo and GTA will be on 360. The strength of these IPs in the america market was argued to be influencial. It is not.

You think those games will make MS the leading hardware manfacturer?
gellis1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 gellis1981
Member since 2004 • 1197 Posts
[QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="gellis1981"][QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="gellis1981"][QUOTE="Kakarot00769"]

i do want MS to be number 1 ..why ?? cuz they have the deep pockets to take our industry forward , Nintendo saved us from the videogame crash in 1984 , Sony has removed the image that videogames are just for kids ,now i want to believe that it's MS time to take the torch from sony and see what can the world's biggest corporation do to our industry , however if MS consoles are  not selling well in key regions like japan and europe how can it be number 1 ? ..the 360 will have to dominate sales in north america (the biggest market ) to do it ,and it has not happened yet.

DaysAirlines

Mark my words...Live anywhere will tilt the "power" for good towards the 360...Hermits and lemmings will unite..This might sound weird but Vista will the key for victory for the 360, because cross-platforming will be hugh...Just a prediction, but I believe Valve will jump on board with microsoft to put steam on XBL and then you'll see CS:S cross-platforming with the 360. First you'll see TF2 cross-platforming then CS:S. Call me crazy but it will happen.

Dude Live anywhere will not help 360 sales at all.

Why wouldn't it...it's probably the best idea a gaming console mustard up in the last 10 years.

First of all because you have to pay for it. People can play these games now for free. I don't seeing people switching over from a free service to a pay to play one. PC gamers are not going to switch over to consoles to play FPS on an inferior platform with inferior control schemes.

I agree Live Anywhere won't do crap to sell 360's. MS needs to abort the idea of paying for the "priveledge" of paying to play peer to peer online play.

we will just have to wait and find out won't we...I think it will draw more people who can't afford a nice PC rig to buy a 360 to compete. I would put money on it.

winner-ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 winner-ps3
Member since 2007 • 2364 Posts
Yes they will. Reason: The Second System Rule states: A companys second try in the videogame market will dominate ex. SNES, PS2.Aljosa23
ps1 first system dominated. ps1 sold 100mill ps2 sold 115mill
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#161 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="Kakarot00769"]

[QUOTE="tacubano"]November 2007 might change your opinionRashpal

why ?

GTA and Halo 3 are available on the same console and those two games are the two most powerful IPs in America. But he's not thinking about world wide numbers.

Hale most powerful IP in America? I think Devil May Cry, MGS and Final Fantasy will have something to say about that...

Really? Then why did Halo 2 outsell them? Devil May Cry will be on the 360 as well y'know... and let's not forget that FF XIII is not tied down to the PS3 yet either - not that it especially matters with MistWalker producing Lost Odyssey.
magrappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#162 magrappy
Member since 2003 • 1835 Posts
out of the xbox360, wii and ps3 the ps3 will in the end get better sales then the wii and lastly the xbox360, dispite its year head start of next gen games. the wii will take the lead for 8-14 months while the hype and cheapness takes over. but its the ps3 that will still be getting top sales every year, even in 5-6 years the ps3 will be getting good sales and solid releases. i expect both nintendo and microsoft to launch new systems before sony, maybe even 2 years ealier next gen but playstation is so solid and garanteed to be getting big games to its death it will all ways win. not only did the ps2 win the last gen console but its doing a good job now against next gen consoles with its sales, the gamecube and xbox, both dead. even top games like ff12 and god of war 2 are still getting the ps2 more sales. ps2 will end up with a silly amount of sales, and the ps3 will do the same.
conceru3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 conceru3
Member since 2007 • 507 Posts
[QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="Kakarot00769"]

[QUOTE="tacubano"]November 2007 might change your opinionsubrosian

why ?

GTA and Halo 3 are available on the same console and those two games are the two most powerful IPs in America. But he's not thinking about world wide numbers.

Hale most powerful IP in America? I think Devil May Cry, MGS and Final Fantasy will have something to say about that...

Really? Then why did Halo 2 outsell them? Devil May Cry will be on the 360 as well y'know... and let's not forget that FF XIII is not tied down to the PS3 yet either - not that it especially matters with MistWalker producing Lost Odyssey.

360 will probably come first, head start + Halo 3 + GTA + Assains Creed + Fable 2 + Mass Effect + the other Bioware RPG+ Bioshock + Lost Odyssey +Blue Dragon + Eternal Sonata + Alan Wake + Too Human + Infinite Undiscovery + Cry On, will just not leave sales behind other consoles that keep in mind they have no games to counter those, not even one really

Also PS3 sales have droped and still dropping hugly in both US and Japan, same will happen in Europe in 1-2 months or some more perhaps, so PS3 would come last by far, Wii probably second, but it does not pose a direct competition to 360 either, since it has below last gen graphics

What makes mattersworst for PS3 is the fact that Sony confirmed FF13 is not a PS3 excluisve and therfore we now know it is coming to 360, not that we did not know it already, with UE3.0 licensed by Square and White Engine going multiplatform

So, why get a PS3 altogether ? When can have ALL amazing JRPG's one one place, 360 ?

conceru3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 conceru3
Member since 2007 • 507 Posts

HD PLAYER is not needed for GAMES !!! I would rather have the bigger HDD, HDMI AND 120GB HDD than 60GB, all for 120$ LESS !!!!!

And if you think Lost Odyssey, Cry On, Eternal Sonata, Infinite Undiscovery will not sell more 360 in japan (and sell huge worldwide) check http://www.amazon.jp/, Eternal Sonata is the most pre-ordered 360 game, and in the top 100 in a very good steady place, Lost odyssey will be huge too, it is already in famitsu top wanted games

Also i will not comment on Mass Effect, Halo 3, Bioshock NOT driving sales as some suggest, hope you understand how important those games are, and still there will be Fable 2, Gears 2, Alan Wake, Ninja Gaiden 2 that will make HUGELY more sales for 360

BTW, all the time all those games will be coming to 360, PS3 will have NOT ONE title to counter them, not in Japan, not in US/UK too !!!!! Talk about doomed situation

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
let's face it, we don't know. play games
soul_04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 soul_04
Member since 2005 • 57 Posts
[QUOTE="wmc540"][QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="TyrantDragon55"][QUOTE="Rashpal"]Like I said the credibility of your source is questionable...Rashpal

You think those games will make MS the leading hardware manfacturer?

I agree with wmc, so far it seems all you have done rashpal is change your arguement over n over. As opposed to DaysAirlines who has kept his arguement strong the whole time, And to believe that the two highest selling games in America will not in some way influence the market then you are blind and naive. I believe daysairlines has just wiped the floor with you, and if you want to save any face at all then you should just give up on the argument. Unless you want to provide statistics that both disprove the credibility of vgcharts, preferably with a more reliable website, and also disprove that High selling games, such as halo and gta, influence the market. Otherwise /argument.
Superdude687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#167 Superdude687
Member since 2003 • 2087 Posts
[QUOTE="ultima-flare"][QUOTE="Aljosa23"]Yes they will. Reason: The Second System Rule states: A companys second try in the videogame market will dominate ex. SNES, PS2.Detlev
Except PS1 and NES also dominated, XBOX didn't. That rule fails. (not saying 360 won't win this gen though)

Also, Saturn didn't dominate.

Saturn was also Segas 3rd Console after Master System & Megadrive
AnimeXas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 AnimeXas
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

i do want MS to be number 1 ..why ?? cuz they have the deep pockets to take our industry forward , Nintendo saved us from the videogame crash in 1984 , Sony has removed the image that videogames are just for kids ,now i want to believe that it's MS time to take the torch from sony and see what can the world's biggest corporation do to our industry , however if MS consoles are  not selling well in key regions like japan and europe how can it be number 1 ? ..the 360 will have to dominate sales in north america (the biggest market ) to do it ,and it has not happened yet.

Kakarot00769
soz i dont want sony number 1 you know why?? Because they will just put another 1 thousand dollar console on the market next gen. 1: Wii 2: Xbox360 3: Ps3 my predictions are final