Lets face it , XBOX 360 wont be number 1 this gen

• 167 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kakarot00769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kakarot00769
Member since 2004 • 9306 Posts

i do want MS to be number 1 ..why ?? cuz they have the deep pockets to take our industry forward , Nintendo saved us from the videogame crash in 1984 , Sony has removed the image that videogames are just for kids ,now i want to believe that it's MS time to take the torch from sony and see what can the world's biggest corporation do to our industry , however if MS consoles are  not selling well in key regions like japan and europe how can it be number 1 ? ..the 360 will have to dominate sales in north america (the biggest market ) to do it ,and it has not happened yet.

tacubano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 tacubano
Member since 2005 • 947 Posts
November 2007 might change your opinion
Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Rashpal
Member since 2004 • 3781 Posts
It isn't only deep pockets that'll take this industry forward. Imagination and know how will play a fundamental part. With Home and Little Big Planet Sony clearly have both. They aren't lacking in the resources department either...
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
I actually agree with you. The way the sales trends are going so far the Wii, and the NPDs it could end up taking the number 1 spot.
Kakarot00769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kakarot00769
Member since 2004 • 9306 Posts

November 2007 might change your opiniontacubano

why ?

TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts

[QUOTE="tacubano"]November 2007 might change your opinionKakarot00769

why ?

GTA4 + Halo 3.

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaysAirlines

[QUOTE="tacubano"]November 2007 might change your opinionKakarot00769

why ?

GTA and Halo 3 are available on the same console and those two games are the two most powerful IPs in America. But he's not thinking about world wide numbers.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts
Yes they will. Reason: The Second System Rule states: A companys second try in the videogame market will dominate ex. SNES, PS2.
Israfel856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Israfel856
Member since 2006 • 2483 Posts
It's selling the most so far.
ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 ShakeNBake1491
Member since 2004 • 3055 Posts
Going against America's console? There's only one explanation We have in our midst.. a terrorist!
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Nintendo owns this gen. :(
gapboi954

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 gapboi954
Member since 2004 • 758 Posts
Nintendo owns this gen. :(BioShockOwnz
we will see
Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Rashpal
[QUOTE="Kakarot00769"]

[QUOTE="tacubano"]November 2007 might change your opinionDaysAirlines

why ?

GTA and Halo 3 are available on the same console and those two games are the two most powerful IPs in America. But he's not thinking about world wide numbers.

Hale most powerful IP in America? I think Devil May Cry, MGS and Final Fantasy will have something to say about that...
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
[QUOTE="Kakarot00769"]

why ?

I'd debate Halo and GTA are the two most powerful IPs in the US. I'm thinking Madden, The Sims, Warcraft, have a bit more sway than Halo definitely, and The Sims than GTA.
Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rashpal
[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="Kakarot00769"]

[QUOTE="tacubano"]November 2007 might change your opinionDanm_999

why ?

I'd debate Halo and GTA are the two most powerful IPs in the US.

I second that debate.
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TyrantDragon55

[QUOTE="tacubano"]November 2007 might change your opinionRashpal

why ?

Hale most powerful IP in America? I think Devil May Cry, MGS and Final Fantasy will have something to say about that...

Halo 2 sold over 2 million copies it's first night, I don't think you can say the same for any of those franchises.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

why ?

Halo most powerful IP in America? I think Devil May Cry, MGS and Final Fantasy will have something to say about that...

I disagree with Devil May Cry and Final Fantasy (It's at like 17). MGS maybe, but I don't think that game has little if any online to be able to compete with Halo.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaysAirlines

why ?

Okay do you really want to go there? I'll give you something real. Halo 2 - 6.11 million in America GTA: SA = 7.89 million in America Now, yours. DMC 3 = 0.73 million in America MGS3 = 1.42 million in America Final Fantasy XII = 1.68 million in America here is my Source Oh and you better respond to this post.
tacubano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tacubano
Member since 2005 • 947 Posts
Halo, GTA and maybe WoW are the biggest games in America.....
Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Rashpal
[QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="Kakarot00769"]

[QUOTE="tacubano"]November 2007 might change your opinionAljosa23

why ?

Halo most powerful IP in America? I think Devil May Cry, MGS and Final Fantasy will have something to say about that...

I disagree with Devil May Cry and Final Fantasy (It's at like 17). MGS maybe, but I don't think that game has little if any online to be able to compete with Halo.

I don't think online has that big a difference on the fanbase of the games. After all a larger number of Halo's fanbase play the game offline only.
Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Rashpal
[QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="Kakarot00769"]

why ?

Okay do you really want to go there? I'll give you something real. Halo 2 - 6.11 million in America GTA: SA = 7.89 million in America Now, yours. DMC 3 = 0.73 million in America MGS3 = 1.42 million in America Final Fantasy XII = 1.68 million in America here is my Source Oh and you better respond to this post.

The credibility of your source is questionable, but lets say for arguements sake it's sound, those numbers don't reflect the standing of each franchise in the global market. Halo in Europe for example is held in much less esteem than America and certainly in Japan the game is non-existent.
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TyrantDragon55
[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="Kakarot00769"]

why ?

The credibility of your source is questionable, but lets say for arguements sake it's sound, those numbers don't reflect the standing of each franchise in the global market. Halo in Europe for example is held in much less esteem than America and certainly in Japan the game is non-existent.

We're talking about the American market though. 

Idonomeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Idonomeus
Member since 2006 • 2273 Posts
I agree and I don't expect the 360 to win but it will have a lot of games and if you want current gen graphics it has the best price. It's good to have 3 consoles to choose from and to see them all doing well enough to stay in the market. Gamers are the big winners this generation.
peaceful_anger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 peaceful_anger
Member since 2007 • 2568 Posts

I'm sorry, but MS is the last of the big 3 that I would want to be the industry leader. The reason I feel this way is because the one company that has the power, resources, and MONEY to have a monopoly over the gaming industry is definitely MS. If MS became the industry leader, do you really think they would just stop there? The answer is HELL NO, and you can see that with their operating systems because there is hardly any competition which only hurts us, the consumer. The same exact thing would happen to the gaming industry. Seriously, MS would either come out with a new system every 3 years or just marginally improve their product because their is no competition which means their is no incentive to innovate or make their product better. And you would have to buy it, or you just give up playing video games. Now don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want any of the big 3 to have a monopoly over the game industry. I just think MS has the biggest possibility of getting one IMO.

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DaysAirlines
[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="Kakarot00769"]

why ?

You want World Wide Numbers? I thought we were talking about America. I can post World Wide numbers if you want them. Halo 2 7.89 GTA SA 14.88 DMC3 1.62 MGS3 3.96 FFXII 4.94 Hey what do you know? I'm still right.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DaysAirlines
We're talking about the American market though.TyrantDragon55
I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But I posted the World Wide numbers as well and I'm still right.
aDDiKt24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 aDDiKt24
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts
[QUOTE="TyrantDragon55"]We're talking about the American market though.DaysAirlines
I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But I posted the World Wide numbers as well and I'm still right.

/Thread
ultima-flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ultima-flare
Member since 2003 • 2259 Posts
Yes they will. Reason: The Second System Rule states: A companys second try in the videogame market will dominate ex. SNES, PS2.Aljosa23
Except PS1 and NES also dominated, XBOX didn't. That rule fails. (not saying 360 won't win this gen though)
Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Rashpal
[QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="Kakarot00769"][QUOTE="tacubano"]November 2007 might change your opinionTyrantDragon55
why ?

We're talking about the American market though. 

The topic isn't.
Idonomeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Idonomeus
Member since 2006 • 2273 Posts

I'm sorry, but MS is the last of the big 3 that I would want to be the industry leader. The reason I feel this way is because the one company that has the power, resources, and MONEY to have a monopoly over the gaming industry is definitely MS. peaceful_anger

Considering MS will not likely ever be able to beat Sony or Nintendo in their home market I think MS is the least likely company to ever have a monopoly. Sony would be the most likely and last gen they had a near monopoly with the PS2. If the Xbox had not entered the market they would have been a lot closer. The idea of Xbox being #1 in Japan sounds a lot more far fetched to me than Playstation being #1 in America or PAL regions (that happened last gen in fact) and without all of the big three markets they will never have a monopoly.

Nugtoka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nugtoka
Member since 2003 • 1812 Posts
Awe poor cows still upset that Sony came so week and MS is cleaning up. Lets face it 360 has better graphics better games better support better online better multi media
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DaysAirlines
The topic isn't. Rashpal
I was arguing this:
Hale most powerful IP in America? I think Devil May Cry, MGS and Final Fantasy will have something to say about that...Rashpal
aDDiKt24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 aDDiKt24
[QUOTE="Rashpal"]The topic isn't. DaysAirlines
I was arguing this:
Hale most powerful IP in America? I think Devil May Cry, MGS and Final Fantasy will have something to say about that...Rashpal

DaysAirlines wins argument hands down, with evidence its time to walk away. You have been owned.

/ARGUMENT
Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rashpal

I'm sorry, but MS is the last of the big 3 that I would want to be the industry leader. The reason I feel this way is because the one company that has the power, resources, and MONEY to have a monopoly over the gaming industry is definitely MS. If MS became the industry leader, do you really think they would just stop there? The answer is HELL NO, and you can see that with their operating systems because there is hardly any competition which only hurts us, the consumer. The same exact thing would happen to the gaming industry. Seriously, MS would either come out with a new system every 3 years or just marginally improve their product because their is no competition which means their is no incentive to innovate or make their product better. And you would have to buy it, or you just give up playing video games. Now don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want any of the big 3 to have a monopoly over the game industry. I just think MS has the biggest possibility of getting one IMO.

peaceful_anger
I sort of agree. Of all the conpanies I believe MS's monopoly on the market would be the most demaging to the industry.
[QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="Kakarot00769"]

why ?

You want World Wide Numbers? I thought we were talking about America. I can post World Wide numbers if you want them. Halo 2 7.89 GTA SA 14.88 DMC3 1.62 MGS3 3.96 FFXII 4.94 Hey what do you know? I'm still right.

Like I said the credibility of your source is questionable...
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DaysAirlines
Like I said the credibility of your source is questionable...Rashpal
Of course it's questionable, I guess that's all that is left to say when I bring up evidence and you don't.
Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Rashpal
[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="TyrantDragon55"]We're talking about the American market though.aDDiKt24

/Thread

Um, the thread is about MS not becoming the leading games hardware manufacturer...
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TyrantDragon55
Like I said the credibility of your source is questionable...Rashpal

Then please, find us a credible source that proves him wrong.

Detlev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Detlev
Member since 2004 • 201 Posts
[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]Yes they will. Reason: The Second System Rule states: A companys second try in the videogame market will dominate ex. SNES, PS2.ultima-flare
Except PS1 and NES also dominated, XBOX didn't. That rule fails. (not saying 360 won't win this gen though)

Also, Saturn didn't dominate.
Zaistev_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Zaistev_basic
Member since 2002 • 2975 Posts

peaceful_anger
If MS win, it will be their second monoply. However, no matter how much lemmings keep saying about the X360 games will make it win its still does not have significant market in Japan (losing more than 25-30% of the video game market share). That is why Microsoft are so stubbornly appealing in Japan. Sure, X360 has JRPGs but very few. You gamers have no idea how many JRPGs and other Japanese game genre are developed in Japan that will never see the light in the X360. For every one JRPG exclusive in X360 there will be 20+ available for PS3 and perhaps for Wii. Few Japanese games are imported to North America and Europe than people thought because it appeals mainly on Japan. X360 are stubbornly pushing for online gaming that the PC online already is dominating in Japan, Korea, and south-east asian countries. They prefer way more to PC online & Lan party than console online because to them it's cheaper, requirements are not high for specs, and PC is a necessity component than entertainment.
aDDiKt24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 aDDiKt24
Cows always have an excuse for everytime they get owned. They can never just except ownage. Rasphail you are arguing against facts. Are you that blind?
Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Rashpal
[QUOTE="Rashpal"]Like I said the credibility of your source is questionable...DaysAirlines
Of course it's questionable, I guess that's all that is left to say when I bring up evidence and you don't.

2 mins of research isn't evidence... back up your "evidence" with further research and then you have an argument. At the moment you have one source. If you want disprove my thoery then come up with a strong argument.
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TyrantDragon55
[QUOTE="peaceful_anger"]

Zaistev_basic

If MS win, it will be their second monoply. However, no matter how much lemmings keep saying about the X360 games will make it win its still does not have significant market in Japan (losing more than 25-30% of the video game market share). That is why Microsoft are so stubbornly appealing in Japan. Sure, X360 has JRPGs but very few. You gamers have no idea how many JRPGs and other Japanese game genre are developed in Japan that will never see the light in the X360. For every one JRPG exclusive in X360 there will be 20+ available for PS3 and perhaps for Wii. Few Japanese games are imported to North America and Europe than people thought because it appeals mainly on Japan. X360 are stubbornly pushing for online gaming that the PC market already is dominating in Japan, Korea, and south-east asian countries. They prefer way more to PC online than console online because to them it's cheaper and does not require top notch graphics.

Microsoft winning this console war would not give them a monopoly, it would just make them the industry leader. the only way microsof could get a monopoly on the game industry is if Sony and Nintendo went out of business.

Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Rashpal
[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="Rashpal"]The topic isn't. aDDiKt24
I was arguing this:

DaysAirlines wins argument hands down, with evidence its time to walk away. You have been owned.

/ARGUMENT

Maybe it's time for you to grown up..
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
[QUOTE="Zaistev_basic"][QUOTE="peaceful_anger"]

I'm sorry, but MS is the last of the big 3 that I would want to be the industry leader. The reason I feel this way is because the one company that has the power, resources, and MONEY to have a monopoly over the gaming industry is definitely MS. If MS became the industry leader, do you really think they would just stop there? The answer is HELL NO, and you can see that with their operating systems because there is hardly any competition which only hurts us, the consumer. The same exact thing would happen to the gaming industry. Seriously, MS would either come out with a new system every 3 years or just marginally improve their product because their is no competition which means their is no incentive to innovate or make their product better. And you would have to buy it, or you just give up playing video games. Now don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want any of the big 3 to have a monopoly over the game industry. I just think MS has the biggest possibility of getting one IMO.

TyrantDragon55

If MS win, it will be their second monoply. However, no matter how much lemmings keep saying about the X360 games will make it win its still does not have significant market in Japan (losing more than 25-30% of the video game market share). That is why Microsoft are so stubbornly appealing in Japan. Sure, X360 has JRPGs but very few. You gamers have no idea how many JRPGs and other Japanese game genre are developed in Japan that will never see the light in the X360. For every one JRPG exclusive in X360 there will be 20+ available for PS3 and perhaps for Wii. Few Japanese games are imported to North America and Europe than people thought because it appeals mainly on Japan. X360 are stubbornly pushing for online gaming that the PC market already is dominating in Japan, Korea, and south-east asian countries. They prefer way more to PC online than console online because to them it's cheaper and does not require top notch graphics.

Microsoft winning this console war would not give them a monopoly, it would just make them the industry leader. the only way microsof could get a monopoly on the game industry is if Sony and Nintendo went out of business.

They don't have a monopoly in the PC OS market either.
Zaistev_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Zaistev_basic
[QUOTE="Zaistev_basic"][QUOTE="peaceful_anger"]

TyrantDragon55

Not yet of course but who is stopping them for using the same tactics like they did to the PC industry. YOu are underestimating Microsoft. They are the only one who are capable of destroying competition.
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TyrantDragon55

[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="Rashpal"]Like I said the credibility of your source is questionable...Rashpal

2 mins of research isn't evidence... back up your "evidence" with further research and then you have an argument. At the moment you have one source. If you want disprove my thoery then come up with a strong argument.

Once again, please show us a credible source that proves him wrong.

aDDiKt24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 aDDiKt24
[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="Rashpal"]Like I said the credibility of your source is questionable...Rashpal

SHouldnt you be the one backing up your own theory with evidence?
Zaistev_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Zaistev_basic
[QUOTE="TyrantDragon55"][QUOTE="Zaistev_basic"][QUOTE="peaceful_anger"]

I'm sorry, but MS is the last of the big 3 that I would want to be the industry leader. The reason I feel this way is because the one company that has the power, resources, and MONEY to have a monopoly over the gaming industry is definitely MS. If MS became the industry leader, do you really think they would just stop there? The answer is HELL NO, and you can see that with their operating systems because there is hardly any competition which only hurts us, the consumer. The same exact thing would happen to the gaming industry. Seriously, MS would either come out with a new system every 3 years or just marginally improve their product because their is no competition which means their is no incentive to innovate or make their product better. And you would have to buy it, or you just give up playing video games. Now don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want any of the big 3 to have a monopoly over the game industry. I just think MS has the biggest possibility of getting one IMO.

Danm_999

They don't have a monopoly in the PC OS market either.

93% is considered a monopoly no matter how you put it. 60% for oligopoly.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DaysAirlines

I have nothing left to back up. You haven't provided any single piece of evidence whatsoever and I have nothing left to defend. And oh by the way. That "uncredible" website you keep talking about is the one System Wars voted on as the official sales website. Oh and here's some more. This article written by iTwire was written a week and a half ago. It suggest Gears of War is nearing the 4 million sales mark. And VGcharts.org has it a 3.8 million sales. Admit your wrong and this nasty mess will go away. All I was saying is that Halo and GTA are two of America's most powerful IPs for consoles.
ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 ShakeNBake1491
Member since 2004 • 3055 Posts
[QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="Rashpal"]Like I said the credibility of your source is questionable...DaysAirlines

I have nothing left to back up. You haven't provided any single piece of evidence whatsoever and I have nothing left to defend. And oh by the way. That "uncredible" website you keep talking about is the one System Wars voted on as the official sales website. Oh and here's some more. This article written by iTwire was written a week and a half ago. It suggest Gears of War is nearing the 4 million sales mark. And VGcharts.org has it a 3.8 million sales. Admit your wrong and this nasty mess will go away. All I was saying is that Halo and GTA are two of America's most powerful IPs for consoles.

Mercy!..................Uncle!