Lems and sheep , Will you buy the 160GB PS3 if it has BC?

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CubanBlunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 CubanBlunt
Member since 2005 • 2025 Posts

[QUOTE="sonicmj1"]Why should I buy a 160 GB PS3, when, chances are, they'll drop the price or upgrade the unit in 6 months or less? mjarantilla

Exactly. Sony's established a new precedent that's harmful to console buyers.

I'm personally waiting for the drop to $350 in May, or the drop to sub-$300 in November. Who's with me?

I'm think about getting a 360 Elite when i drops to $350, I think thats all its worth.

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
$499? NO.
mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 mjarantilla
Member since 2002 • 15721 Posts
[QUOTE="mjarantilla"]

[QUOTE="sonicmj1"]Why should I buy a 160 GB PS3, when, chances are, they'll drop the price or upgrade the unit in 6 months or less? CubanBlunt

Exactly. Sony's established a new precedent that's harmful to console buyers.

I'm personally waiting for the drop to $350 in May, or the drop to sub-$300 in November. Who's with me?

I'm think about getting a 360 Elite when i drops to $350, I think thats all its worth.

Why bother with the Elite? The Pro/Premium is more than good enough, unless you intend to get a lot of demos and for some reason not delete them.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

[QUOTE="vitz3"]:| Wow... I don't really care about your life story. You're still an obvious Lem. Ps3 has tons of great games to play.BuryMe
So you're a fanboy if you don't find certain games appealing?

apparently. i never knew. sure glad the record was set straight.

astor47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 astor47
Member since 2005 • 849 Posts
[QUOTE="clone01"]

do you just go on these forums trying to bait people? last time i checked, i was a gamer. but hey, if you want to limit the fun on yourself, by all means go ahead. did i ever say i hated sony? no. did i ever say i thought the PS3 was inferior? nope. i even said i'm going to get one in the future. let's break it down, shall we?

resistance - good game, not enough for me to bite, though

heavenly sword - played it at a friend's, liked it. he beat it in two days, traded it in

motorstorm - looks good, racers aren't really my thing

warhawk - prefer a single player experience, with the exception of maybe worms, team fortress 2, and a bit of halo 3

uncharted - very cool game, but i admittedly liked gears better (and yes, the cover mechanics and gameplay are similar)

ratchet and clank - sorry, SMG takes my vote

lair - ummm

so, that's most of the currently available exclusives, i believe. everything else is multiplat

meanwhile, I (no, not every gamer, I, yes, I) loved Bioshock, Gears, Mass Effect, Halo 3, Condemned (believe that may have been multiplat), and Dead Rising. right now, IMO, more games i like.

reasons i will buy in the future:

MGS4

White Knight Story

FF XIII (maybe)

LA Noire

Little Big Planet

The Team Ico games

again, thanks for force feeding me my opinion.

vitz3

:| Wow... I don't really care about your life story. You're still an obvious Lem. Ps3 has tons of great games to play.

Honestly, could you stop trolling? He never said a fanboy comment. Please learn to read his comments.

PEELEDbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 PEELEDbanana
Member since 2006 • 2053 Posts

I will buy a PS3 when:

1) It has Super Smash Bros. Brawl running at 120 FPS in 1080p

2) it Makes me breakfast

3) it becomes the President of the United States

4) It is my Best Friend

5) Plays Betamax tapes in 2160i (Thats the next big HD format... maybe)

6) Has more games.

7) It helps me remember more things it must do before i want to buy one.

maabus99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 maabus99
Member since 2006 • 970 Posts

Its practically confirmed that the 120-160GB PS3 is coming , itll cost $499 , have the Dual shock 3 controller, it will include a game (were all guessing its gonna be either Ratchet and Clank or Uncharted) ... It seems like a HELL of a deal, and What if it has BC? It will be probably the sweetest deal available . Would you buy it?Dogfishrisings

No because I would rather get the cheap one mainly as a movie player when it hits 299 this year (I will buy it when it hits that point). I have a PS2 but if it breaks, I'll buy another PS2 as I have an audio/video receiver that will have a HQV Reon processor to do upscaling (better then the PS3).

theafiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#58 theafiguy
Member since 2006 • 962 Posts
[QUOTE="Dogfishrisings"]

[QUOTE="musicalmac"]Eventually, yes. When I get an HDTV, and when Blu-Ray completely takes over. If Blu-Ray takes over.SpruceCaboose

HD DVD is dead

No, its not, and Blu-Ray has failed to establish itself as a successor to DVD yet anyway, and most likely won't for a while, if it does.

Has there really been any format to truly be better than the DVD yet? At least one that's worthwhile? I don't really think so.

c_smithii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 c_smithii
Member since 2003 • 1505 Posts
I got a 120GB hard drive on delivery for my Xbox 360, why would I need a PS3 again?
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts

[QUOTE="clone01"]sure, if it has games available that i want to play.vitz3

You're a real Lem aren't you? You say that they're no games to play? You need to think that one over buddy. They're something in every genre on the system. Do you have a grudge against fun and happiness or something?

@TC
I already got a 60GB one. But if I didn't have one and was on the fence I'd pick one up if it had BC.

Call him a fanboy? He said games he wants to play, he didn't say there were no games period. Talk about being a fanboy. *looks at sig* lolz

Unforgiven2870

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Unforgiven2870
Member since 2004 • 6386 Posts
[QUOTE="Dogfishrisings"]

[QUOTE="musicalmac"]Eventually, yes. When I get an HDTV, and when Blu-Ray completely takes over. If Blu-Ray takes over.SpruceCaboose

HD DVD is dead

No, its not, and Blu-Ray has failed to establish itself as a successor to DVD yet anyway, and most likely won't for a while, if it does.

Thats where your worng SC Hd-DVD is pretty much done for.
darkslider99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 darkslider99
Member since 2004 • 11374 Posts

[QUOTE="clone01"]sure, if it has games available that i want to play.vitz3

You're a real Lem aren't you? You say that they're no games to play? You need to think that one over buddy. They're something in every genre on the system. Do you have a grudge against fun and happiness or something?

@TC
I already got a 60GB one. But if I didn't have one and was on the fence I'd pick one up if it had BC.

or the games could just not interest him :| I can't think of any exclusive games ?I want to play on the PS3 except for LBP. Final Fantasy somewhat, but not enough to buy a system for.
mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 mjarantilla
Member since 2002 • 15721 Posts
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="Dogfishrisings"]

[QUOTE="musicalmac"]Eventually, yes. When I get an HDTV, and when Blu-Ray completely takes over. If Blu-Ray takes over.Unforgiven2870

HD DVD is dead

Thats where your worng SC Hd-DVD is pretty much done for.

HD-DVD is done for, that much is true, but that doesn't mean BluRay is on the road to being even half as successful as DVD. BluRay doesn't just need to beat HD-DVD into the dust, it also needs to convince DVD owners to give up their tried and true DVDs for something that is, quite frankly, only an incrementary improvement compared to DVD's improvement over VHS.

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#64 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
why would i want that?
gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts
[QUOTE="whocares4peace"]

Ill buy it when it has 5 must have games.

So proabably later this year.

Dogfishrisings

1-Metal Gear Solid 4

2-Resistance 2

3-Killzone 2

4-Gran Turismo 5

5-Little Big planet

6-Uncharted

Yep ..

360 got...

1-Huxley ( i found out it is going to be on PC too)

2-Marvel MMORPG (found out it got cancelled)

3-Fable2

damn, nothing to look fwd too... And I am not into Killzone2 or uncharted but I like the others plus warhawk.

darkslider99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 darkslider99

360 got...

1-Huxley ( i found out it is going to be on PC too)

2-Marvel MMORPG (found out it got cancelled)

3-Fable2

damn, nothing to look fwd too... And I am not into Killzone2 or uncharted but I like the others plus warhawk.

gamenux

You forgot banjo.
MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#67 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts
There still isn't one game in it's entire library that I would buy. It needs quality games first.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#68 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
I'll be getting some model of PS3 after Little Big Planet comes out so yeah probably.
OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

I'll buy a PS3 when I can get one for less than $300 w/BC. and not before.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I just don't want to spend $500 on a console sorry. I'll wait till a major price drop and even then If KH3 isn't a PS3 exclusive its unlikely that I'll buy it.
darkslider99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 darkslider99
There still isn't one game in it's entire library that I would buy. It needs quality games first.MrDziekuje

You mean in it's exclusive library...but, yes, I agree. LPB looks good, but one game doesn't justify a console.
dipper145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 dipper145
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts
why the hell would you EVER want a 120gb ps3, you'll never use all that space, and sony is just embarassing themselves by releasing it. they make way to many questionable decisions.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#73 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
There was a PS3 for 300 euro nearby which tempted me for some reason, but seeing this i guess that was one of the ripped off versions. I don't have a HD TV yet anyway, and if You want to make real use of HD You're going to want a big screen.
So uhm until i have a spare 1300-1500 euro laying around, it's not very likely i'll be getting 360/ps3.
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

I want a pricecut, and full B/C.

And I need an HDTV.

goddamn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 goddamn_
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
20 Gb HDD is more then enough for me. What are you going to do with 120 Gb on console?
Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Blinblingthing
Member since 2005 • 6943 Posts

[QUOTE="Blackbond"]Its at a point where I will buy any SKU of the PS3 if it comes with BC. I will not ever buy a PS3 if it doesn't come with BC. Hence why the search for a 20GB/60GB continues.Dogfishrisings

the current 80gb has BC...

I use to love the added functionality of BC, But now that I've got a PS3 i realise now that I haven't used BC once.

Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Blinblingthing
Member since 2005 • 6943 Posts

why the hell would you EVER want a 120gb ps3, you'll never use all that space, and sony is just embarassing themselves by releasing it. they make way to many questionable decisions.dipper145

Never Fill It?

Really doubt that.

ANd wait a minute, Isn't that the sort of HDD people always Buy, The one just about what they'd Expect to fill.

Remember some games install Cache files on the HDD, some games have demos, So what of your music collection ripped to your PS3, a couple of Movies on there..... Trust me 120 Gb isn't impossible to fill

MrSickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 MrSickVisionz
Member since 2004 • 798 Posts
Nope. I'll buy the cheapest one because I mainly want it for a blu-ray player. I'll probably pick up LBP and the next team ico game when they get to like $40.
Elviathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Elviathan
Member since 2006 • 5052 Posts
I wouldn't care about BC anymore. I don't play any of my PS2 games anymore.
shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts
no, never. not even if it was $200.
Corvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Corvin
Member since 2002 • 7266 Posts
If it has BC and if it was $200 cheaper (ie $300 price tag) I would consider buying it.
glitchgeeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#82 glitchgeeman
Member since 2005 • 5638 Posts
Hell, I'd even buy the 40GB one if it had BC, I was tempted to until I heard that part. For now, I'm just going to wait until there are some games actually worth playing on it right now. And no, don't bother giving me a list, the only upcoming games I seriously care about on the PS3 are FF13 and White Knight Story and I doubt either of them will be released this year.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

I will when a cheaper version (less HDD space) with BC comes out, I am not willing to spend 500 dollars.

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#84 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts
No because once again PAL regions will get screwed since it is expected this won't make it here. Anyway the price is too much.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

No. I've never spent more than $200 on a console except for the wii, and I was pretty peeved with that too.

Video game consols should be $200. I don't want a media center and I don't want a wanna-be PC.