LAST STORY: NEW Amazing Concept Images and New Details

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Professor64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Professor64
Member since 2008 • 119 Posts

Thanx to Vessel of Light from IGN forums

As stated by the Director of the game:

''Ruli Island is located in the entrance of the only open bay of the continent surrounded by the mountains. The place is gathered by wealth and power because of the linchpin of traffic and defense of the empire behind it. A huge battery is enshrined, skilled knights and reckless mercenary soldiers prepare for the enemy's invasion. At the wealthy town of Ruli's, the enquettish(?) voice is like intoxicated from the (???) party wraps around everything, despite the ground of entire empire being covered by corruption, while the neighboring castle is filled by a weird ghostly air with an eerie magical power. Tonight as well, an evil spirit is lurking nearby, like it may be attracted to Ruli's strange power.''

''The feeling which searches the wind and the place which can pull out the noise and sort of the people truly. It is not description real, when such really walking, it is vivid, you thought that we would like to make feel. In that, you trained also unique play. The reaction of the pedestrian changes and/or (that it is delicate operation and/or does), to be something which it whirls to the wind, desperate escape… Before making "the town", it visited small town of France and Italy. It is for collecting materials. Of course because [huantaji] it is the overhead world, it is not necessary to adjust to actuality. But, by the fact that the construction design which was made in order to support living in long history is taken in, it is possible to construct the world where it has persuasive power. Listening of breathing the town which it exceeds… there is base of venture.'' (Director)

''Usually, it is in the game, when "the town" is designed, shaving the alleyway where dead end increases by any means, is thin, it becomes tend to make the big road. The character is caught, it seems that is many a thing which is made that way as a consideration in order to avoid the fact that the prayer is perplexed. But when 'the town of The Last Story' it is wide, you walk suitably and turn perhaps it is perplexed. Dead end has decreased, the narrow alleyway, very many. Boldly although it is made such design, there is a reason. The reason, by all means, "the town of this [ruri]" please walk turn realize either applying without.'' (Producer)

New Concept Art Images:

sources:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/slsj/column/

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=117694

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386135&page=24

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

Very nice! I just hope they show us gameplay pics and videos soon.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Very nice! I just hope they show us gameplay pics and videos soon.

FireEmblem_Man
Yeah I agree with this, can't get excited for concept art.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Last as in Final? Story as in Fantasy? Final Fantasy clone confirmed.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

This is a game for Wii.

I like the art direction so far.

I do have to admit, I'm not a fan of the name.

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I want a game that looks like that as a finished product.... well with a bit more detail, people should have faces :) But you know what I mean. Like a Story Book

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
Last as in Final? Story as in Fantasy? Final Fantasy clone confirmed.SaltyMeatballs
Everyone JRPG is a clone of FF as it was the orignal JRPG.
eveileb-ekam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 eveileb-ekam
Member since 2009 • 1578 Posts
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]Last as in Final? Story as in Fantasy? Final Fantasy clone confirmed.

This game is made by the father of the Final Fantasy series. The chances are that the name of the game, plus its logo, are intentionally related to Final Fantasy. Not so much of a clone as a spiritual offshoot, maybe?
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]Last as in Final? Story as in Fantasy? Final Fantasy clone confirmed.Dibdibdobdobo

Dragon Quest came before :)
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26104 Posts
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]Last as in Final? Story as in Fantasy? Final Fantasy clone confirmed.

The thing is, it's made by the guy who invented Final Fantasy. The Final Fantasy games Square Enix is making are the clones.
eveileb-ekam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 eveileb-ekam
[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]Last as in Final? Story as in Fantasy? Final Fantasy clone confirmed.locopatho

I love Dragon Quest. :D Between this, Xenoblade and Dragon Quest X, Im really excited for traditional JRPG games on the Wii. :D
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Willy105
Final Fantasy 1 is a mix between Dragon Quest, Zelda, and Ultima put together. And every RPG that came later has had Final Fantasy in their blood.
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]Last as in Final? Story as in Fantasy? Final Fantasy clone confirmed.locopatho

Thanks, SW's muppets dont know what theyre on about as alot have said "FF was 1st RPG" so i assumed that it was correct information, though i should know this is SW and its the place for misinformation.
ipod_360_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ipod_360_gamer
Member since 2009 • 288 Posts

if this doesnt come to America i swear i will hunt nintendo down :twisted:

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

ipod_360_gamer

so your going to fly over to japan to hunt down nintendo. good luck with that. watch out for their mechs.

Professor64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Professor64

It has not been stated by anyone that the game is JRPG!

The game is an RPG!

For all we know its makers could make it a turn based game or a more gameplay free game with some JRPG elements or just a pur RPG game!

Personaly i want this game to be an RPG and not be Turn Based in any form!

I dont want a Final Fantasy like game. I want it to let me kill the enemies in any way i want. Actually....the only reason i dont play Final Fantasy games in the whole turn based element.

Let the players show some combat skills based on reflexes and quick thinking than just make them push a button ALL THE TIME!

Professor64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Professor64

[QUOTE="ipod_360_gamer"]

TheShadowLord07

so your going to fly over to japan to hunt down nintendo. good luck with that. watch out for their mechs.

They dont have Mechs. Nintendo is too cool to do that!

Instead watch out for Ninja Cyborgs hidden all around their HQ!

Hell, because of your post they may even be in your room as we speak.

Throw a pirate hat in the middle of your room to make them reveal themselves!

Hey, dont laugh, it worked in MadWorld! 8) :lol:

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Willy105

The game is an RPG!

For all we know its makers could make it a turn based game or a more gameplay free game with some JRPG elements or just a pur RPG game!

I dont want a Final Fantasy like game. I want it to let me kill the enemies in any way i want. Actually....the only reason i dont play Final Fantasy games in the whole turn based element.

Let the players show some combat skills based on reflexes and quick thinking than just make them push a button ALL THE TIME!

Professor64

What?

Turn based or not it's still an RPG. There's no difference between JRPG and WRPG other than where it came from.

Either way, even though this game won't be turn based, turn based > real time.

Professor64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Professor64

[QUOTE="Professor64"]

The game is an RPG!

Willy105

What?

Turn based or not it's still an RPG. There's no difference between JRPG and WRPG other than where it came from.

Either way, even though this game won't be turn based, turn based > real time.

Yeah i meant that the game is only described as RPG at the moment with no more information as to if it will be an JRPG or WRPG or anything else. I didnt write it correctly so thats why you thought that i said JRPG and RPG are two different things!

Sorry about that!

As for the Real Time vs Turn Based.... well i think
Real Time >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>infinity>>>>>>>>>>> Turn Based!

But you know that that is just my opinion and personal preference and that everyone has their own likes and dislikes!

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
Final Fantasy 1 is a mix between Dragon Quest, Zelda, and Ultima put together. And every RPG that came later has had Final Fantasy in their blood.Willy105
Yeah, FF1 did more than DQ did. I am excited for this, I wana see what Sakaguchi still has in his blood in this sort of game.
player_leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 player_leo
Member since 2002 • 1483 Posts
Anyone remember True Fantasy, the canceled MMORPG on the Xbox. This game reminds of of it a lot.
Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

Willy105

Argh, there are a thousand difference! :xWhich you like better is up to taste, but there is no point in arguing that the design philosophy is even remotely similar.

Juken7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Juken7
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

Willy105

I find they are so completely different they should be considered separate genres and not directly compared.

mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mythrol
Member since 2005 • 5237 Posts

He created FF, so I'd say he has the right to do how he pleases. Also, SE has already talked about the name he chose and said that it was fine. That they "got" why he was naming it how he was. Who knows? The circumstances might be VERY similar as well. FF was named that way because it was going to be the last game Squaresoft made before going out of business. Last Story could be so named because this project might have started off as the last game Mistwalker is going to make (depending how successful).
laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

:o

love the art from this game, details sounds neat too. Now show us some screens or better, a new trailer. Very excited to see more about this.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Willy105

[QUOTE="Willy105"]

Juken7

I find they are so completely different they should be considered separate genres and not directly compared.

That's preposterous.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="Juken7"]

[QUOTE="Willy105"]

Willy105

That's preposterous.

objection

No it's not!

That is all.

Assassin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Assassin_87
Member since 2004 • 2349 Posts

[QUOTE="Willy105"]

Storm_Marine

Argh, there are a thousand difference! :xWhich you like better is up to taste, but there is no point in arguing that the design philosophy is even remotely similar.

If someone were to play Demon's Souls without knowing of it's origin, I'd be willing to bet they'd assume it was developed in the west.

And yet, it's technically a JRPG. Know what JRPG stands for? Japanese Role Playing Game. Japan is a country.

Juken7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Juken7

That's preposterous.Willy105

Well my gut feeling is that you don't play enough of both then. I love both but they are generally extremely different.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="Willy105"]

Assassin_87

If someone were to play Demon's Souls without knowing of it's origin, I'd be willing to bet they'd assume it was developed in the west.

And yet, it's technically a JRPG. Know what JRPG stands for? Japanese Role Playing Game. Japan is a country.

If you want to be literal then sure. The definitions have gone beyond that however, given how unlike (Demon's Souls being the rare notable exeception of course. (And even it's still pretty different in big ways.))they truly are.

Juken7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Juken7

Assassin_87

The keyword is technically. The term JRPG refers as much to the style of the game as the country of origin.

Demon Soul's is an obvious exception where an RPG from Japan contains more western design choices. To be honest, it's more of an action rpg or roguelike anyways.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="Assassin_87"]

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

Storm_Marine

If you want to be literal then sure. The definitions have gone beyond that however, given how unlike (Demon's Souls being the rare notable exeception of course. (And even it's still pretty different in big ways.))they truly are.

Willy, go play a big selection of JRPG's and WRPG's and then come back to me and see if you still think the only difference is the country.

KittenWishes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KittenWishes
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts
What a shame that lovely concept art is going to be bulldozed by the Wii's hideous hardware. See also Epic Mickey.
eveileb-ekam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 eveileb-ekam
What a shame that lovely concept art is going to be bulldozed by the Wii's hideous hardware. See also Epic Mickey.KittenWishes
What happened to Epic Mickey was a result of Disney's decision to make the game more friendly for a younger audience, not the Wii's hardware capabilities. Graphical ability does not change the styIe of a game. Disney's decision makes sense, considerring its a Mickey Mouse game. Besides, I have yet to see any concept art for any game on any system that matches exactly what the game does. That is because it is concept art.
InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 InfinityMugen
Member since 2007 • 3905 Posts

This is a Wii title to keep an eye on. I need some gameplay footage.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]Last as in Final? Story as in Fantasy? Final Fantasy clone confirmed.Dibdibdobdobo
Everyone JRPG is a clone of FF as it was the original JRPG.

That's funny considering the Dragon Quest series existed before the FF series. As for the topic I am digging the artwork. As for FF clone it is bound to have similarities since Sakaguchi is the creator and director of the title.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#38 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Last as in Final? Story as in Fantasy? Final Fantasy clone confirmed.SaltyMeatballs

thankfullly it's made by the same dude who made Final Fantasy.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

The more I see of this awesome concept art the more irritated I get that the game is a Wii exclusive.

The game could actually look close to that on the PS3 and 360.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#40 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I'm hoping for some Gameplay or some Cutscenes for E3.

SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#41 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts

[QUOTE="Willy105"][QUOTE="Juken7"]

Storm_Marine

That's preposterous.

objection

No it's not!

That is all.

I agree with you completely, Storm.

EDIT: Whoops, and Juken.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

[QUOTE="KittenWishes"]What a shame that lovely concept art is going to be bulldozed by the Wii's hideous hardware. See also Epic Mickey.eveileb-ekam
What happened to Epic Mickey was a result of Disney's decision to make the game more friendly for a younger audience, not the Wii's hardware capabilities. Graphical ability does not change the styIe of a game. Disney's decision makes sense, considerring its a Mickey Mouse game. Besides, I have yet to see any concept art for any game on any system that matches exactly what the game does. That is because it is concept art.

PS3 and 360 games might not look exactly like the concept art for their games but they sure as hell look much closer than Wii games and that has everything to do with hardware.

Look at games like Prince of Persia, Eternal Sonata, Valkyria Chronicles and Borderlands. They look rightfully a generation ahead of games like Wind Waker and Okami.

OneLazyAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 OneLazyAsian
Member since 2009 • 1715 Posts

[QUOTE="ipod_360_gamer"]

TheShadowLord07

And their large stacks of money. :P

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
[QUOTE="Juken7"]

[QUOTE="Willy105"]

Willy105

That's preposterous.

It's really not. The brand of RPG from Japan is much different then western RPGs - it's just matter of fact.
Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

Funny that, I'd think that the creator of the Final Fantasy franchise would you know make something similar to Final Fantasy.

Just a thought.

Professor64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Professor64

Did you guys realize that the game will be situated, most likely, on one single island?

The way they detailed the city and the emphasis they give on the exploration of the city and the island is giving me a strong The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask vibe!

I WOULD LOVE this game to have even the same depth of the main city in Majoras Mask. Just think about it!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#47 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Interest has rised.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

The more I see of this awesome concept art the more irritated I get that the game is a Wii exclusive.

The game could actually look close to that on the PS3 and 360.

JLF1

Nintendo is working with Mistwalker on this game so if any body can make the game look like that it is both Mistwalker and Nintendo.

Also the Epic Mickey Concept art was for later in the game. The videos and screenshots are from the begining of the game. Warren Spector said that but everybody forgets that.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Willy105
[QUOTE="KittenWishes"]What a shame that lovely concept art is going to be bulldozed by the Wii's hideous hardware. See also Epic Mickey.eveileb-ekam

God of War 2's concept art is pretty much identical to the final result, but to be fair, they made it with the console's capabilities already known.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Wow, Nintendo fans are getting hyped off of pretty words and concept art now? This is getting to rediculous levels. Stop hyping your games. It didn't work with Fragile, it won't work here.