Last of us - 30fps, Uncharted 4 - 60fps. ND is lying???

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

They said Last of Us has to be locked 30fps to have better shadows. They can´t run HD remake 60fps with good graphics, and yet they said Uncharted 4 trailer was all in game, 1080p and 60fps.

How the hell it´s possible? You run Uncharted 4 - 1080p and 60fps but REMAKE GAME WITH LOW TEXTURES 1080P and 30fps.

Looks like Uncharted 4 trailer was not in-game after all.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife: It was confirmed at E3 that Uncharted 4 trailer was "in-engine"

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Because FreedomFromFacts is a game developer.

Wouldn't surprise me if the shadows are still better on the PS4 at 60fps than they were on the PS3.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

TC is an idiot

/Thread

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

I dont really think you're that dense TC... but at least your trying lol

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

This is really reaching dude.

ND is lying is just an awful statement to make at this stage regardless of your personal opinion.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Lol TC sounds so silly right now. I've heard about his silly threads but REALLY?!

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

what in the **** are u talking about?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Saw a video on YT a bit ago saying how Druckman was discussing what a nightmare it was to even get TLoU running on the PS4 because of the drastic architectural differences between the consoles. What would appear on the surface to the layman to be a simple port actually was very, very hard.

It's not like the PS4 is a PS3, only ten times as powerful and a port is a simple button press. The systems are entirely unique, and from what I'm hearing TLoU didn't even run at first.

I have full faith in the Gods.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

Sony Fan melting down at the mere mention of Dude Raider not living up to expectations.

30fps was so last gen right Sony Fan.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GrenadeLauncher

@kuu2 said:

Sony Fan melting down at the mere mention of Dude Raider not living up to expectations.

At least this thread isn't as bad as yours are.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife:

'In engine' isn't the same as 'in game'.

Look at every other ND game since Uncharted. The difference between cutscenes and gameplay is pretty significant

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#13  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

People are overreacting over something obvious. Any game on any hardware, running at 30fps isnt as demanding as the same game running at 60fps. It doesnt mean that its maxing out a system. This is a year one port, it cant be compared to a game developped exclusively to the new hardware, and we all know that devs need time to master new hardware. Anyway, it was confirmed that the PS4 version at 1080p60 looks way better than the PS3 one.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher: What's funny is the thread you linked is proving to be right on the money.

Sony Fan continues to be the clowns of SW.

Sequels are so last gen.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@kuu2 said:

At least this thread isn't as bad as yours are.

ROFL that thread, because sony are the ones saying "just wait" for the magical directx and teh cloud.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

Kuu2 beclowning himself as usual.

I wonder if Destiny will be one of the few remaining 2014 games that will end up 1080p on the Bone.

keeper262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 keeper262
Member since 2008 • 46 Posts

Technical stuff is very touchy so I just trust that developers know the best optimization plan for their game.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18  Edited By parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Because FreedomFromFacts is a game developer.

Wouldn't surprise me if the shadows are still better on the PS4 at 60fps than they were on the PS3.

They are better.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

They said Last of Us has to be locked 30fps to have better shadows. They can´t run HD remake 60fps with good graphics, and yet they said Uncharted 4 trailer was all in game, 1080p and 60fps.

How the hell it´s possible? You run Uncharted 4 - 1080p and 60fps but REMAKE GAME WITH LOW TEXTURES 1080P and 30fps.

EMULATION is hard specially of complex hardware like the PS3,the PS2 had a silly 300mhz CPU,but emulating the PS2 requires a way faster CPU than 300mhz,hell dual core or better and has to have certain extensions.

They are not building the game from ground up on PS4,they are emulating certain code on PS4,and that Jaguar CPU can't emulate Cell,so they have to move features that where run by cell to the GPU,is not the same as just moving the game and pushing a button,that game was optimized greatly for the PS3.

Game build from the ground up on PS4 will look better,in fact Infamous does look a hell of allot better than TLOU re make,i guess that by your argument Infamous should not because well the PS4 can emulate TLOU well,and Infamous look way better.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@tormentos said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

EMULATION is hard specially of complex hardware like the PS3,the PS2 had a silly 300mhz CPU,but emulating the PS2 requires a way faster CPU than 300mhz,hell dual core or better and has to have certain extensions.

They are not building the game from ground up on PS4,they are emulating certain code on PS4,and that Jaguar CPU can't emulate Cell,so they have to move features that where run by cell to the GPU,is not the same as just moving the game and pushing a button,that game was optimized greatly for the PS3.

Game build from the ground up on PS4 will look better,in fact Infamous does look a hell of allot better than TLOU re make,i guess that by your argument Infamous should not because well the PS4 can emulate TLOU well,and Infamous look way better.

Link to an article where ND specifically states they're emulating (all or parts of) Last of Us?

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

they have already said like 3 times that its all in game

Laharl5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Laharl5
Member since 2008 • 405 Posts

lol

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

Great apples to apples comparison TC.

@PAL360: Sums it up well. There's your answer TC.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

the Naughty Gods feed off of doubt

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

TC is an idiot

/Thread

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tormentos
@kuu2 said:

What make you bitter comment even better is that Dude Raider >> Chick Rider..ahhahaa

@dommeus said:

@FreedomFreeLife:

'In engine' isn't the same as 'in game'.

Look at every other ND game since Uncharted. The difference between cutscenes and gameplay is pretty significant

No is not and it was very seamless transition,from those cut scenes to the gameplay.

@Snugenz said:

Link to an article where ND specifically states they're emulating (all or parts of) Last of Us?

I wish we had a button that was like ‘Turn On PS4 Mode’, but no,” creative director Neil Druckmann says. “We expected it to be Hell, and it was Hell. Just getting an image onscreen, even an inferior one with the shadows broken, lighting broken and with it crashing every 30 seconds… that took a long time.These engineers are some of the best in the industry and they optimised the game so much for the PS3’s SPUs specifically. It was optimised on a binary level,but after shifting those things over [to PS4] you have to go back to the high level, make sure the [game] systems are intact, and optimise it again.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/the-last-of-it-naughty-dog-on-bringing-the-last-of-us-to-ps4/#null

The game was optimized in a binary level,which is why they went trough hell,that Jaguar CPU can't do what Cell did,so yeah is emulating features GPU wise,maybe you forgot the PS3 compensated with Cell its GPU weakness.

Either way you sad lemming Infamous look a hell of allot better than TLOU re make,and is open world,by TC logic that is impossible because the PS4 can't run the TLOU like he claim..lol

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

@scatteh316: "TC is an idiot

/Thread"

^

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

TC was destroyed in first post and thus SDC. Thank you SONY, the current gen 8 leader witt he world's most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the history of video games.

I can speak for everyone, including TC and say we all all humbled.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Snugenz

@tormentos said:
@Snugenz said:

I wish we had a button that was like ‘Turn On PS4 Mode’, but no,” creative director Neil Druckmann says. “We expected it to be Hell, and it was Hell. Just getting an image onscreen, even an inferior one with the shadows broken, lighting broken and with it crashing every 30 seconds… that took a long time.These engineers are some of the best in the industry and they optimised the game so much for the PS3’s SPUs specifically. It was optimised on a binary level,but after shifting those things over [to PS4] you have to go back to the high level, make sure the [game] systems are intact, and optimise it again.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/the-last-of-it-naughty-dog-on-bringing-the-last-of-us-to-ps4/#null

The game was optimized in a binary level,which is why they went trough hell,that Jaguar CPU can't do what Cell did,so yeah is emulating features GPU wise,maybe you forgot the PS3 compensated with Cell its GPU weakness.

Either way you sad lemming Infamous look a hell of allot better than TLOU re make,and is open world,by TC logic that is impossible because the PS4 can't run the TLOU like he claim..lol

So you have nothing with ND stating they had to emulate the PS3 to port TLOU to the PS4, that's all you needed to say.

And i'm not a lemming and especially not a sad lemming, i'm a very happy gamer thank you very much.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

It's most likely in game like ND says, but I'll be very surprised if the finished game looks that good or runs at 60fps. This was just an impressive teaser. The game is probably only 25-30% complete right now. Lets let them add the rest of the content and see if they can keep it looking like that. Every Uncharted game that had a reveal video was downgraded from what was shown at the E3.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tormentos

@Snugenz said:

So you have nothing with ND stating they had to emulate the PS3 to port TLOU to the PS4, that's all you needed to say.

And i'm not a lemming and especially not a sad lemming, i'm a very happy gamer thank you very much.

They ported the code to the PS4,and they stated how difficult it was,the game wasn't build from ground up on PS4 period and since the PS4 CPU can't run cell task,i am sure they got emulated by GPU.

No you are a sad lemming and a bitter troll,now instead of talking sh** answer me this do you agree with TC logic.?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Snugenz said:

@tormentos said:
@Snugenz said:

Didn't you know, if you criticize the PS4 you are instantly a lemming.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dommeus

@tormentos:

Oh come on. I know you're a fanboy but open your fucking eyes. Compare the level of facial animation, lighting, shading, shadows, other effects like depth of field etc in the Last of Us cutscenes compared to the game. For fucks sake, people were raving about how the PS4 re-release gameplay had finally caught up to the PS3 cutscenes...

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

ever heard of porting games TC and games build from the ground up ?

you should feel stupid

Thread Backfire! LOL

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tormentos

@clyde46 said:

Snugens is like you,he has a soft spot for MS..lol

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Snugenz

@tormentos said:

@Snugenz said:

They ported the code to the PS4,and they stated how difficult it was,the game wasn't build from ground up on PS4 period and since the PS4 CPU can't run cell task,i am sure they got emulated by GPU.

No you are a sad lemming and a bitter troll,now instead of talking sh** answer me this do you agree with TC logic.?

No i'm a happy gamer and most certainly not a bitter troll, what on earth would i have to be bitter about?. I don't cheerlead for a company or piece of plastic, and i don't have any malice towards any companies or pieces of plastic either.

Who cares about the OP i asked you a question and you failed to answer it satisfactorily

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Snugenz

@tormentos said:

@clyde46 said:

Snugens is like you,he has a soft spot for MS..lol

I've no more a soft spot for MS than i do for the other two console manufacturers. In fact, Sony would be the brand i've spent more time with and more money on.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tormentos

@Snugenz said:

No i'm a happy gamer and most certainly not a bitter troll, what on earth would i have to be bitter about?. I don't cheerlead for a company or piece of plastic, and i don't have any malice towards any companies or pieces of plastic either.

Who cares about the OP i asked you a question and you failed to answer it satisfactorily

No i actually answer your question just because they don't openly say we emulated something doesn't mean it didn't happen,i guess OJ simpson didn't kill his wise he never say he did,or Michael Jackson touched children right he never say he did either,just because some one doesn't say something doesn't mean it didn't happen.

How many times have you see MS admit they loss the 360 generation.? I guess that didn't happen.

The game was a port move on things got emulated by the GPU because a 1.6ghz Jaguar can't freaking emulate cell.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By tormentos

@Snugenz said:

I've no more a soft spot for MS than i do for the other two console manufacturers. In fact, Sony would be the brand i've spent more time with and more money on.

Maybe you forgot that my joint date is older than yours,i have been here since you arrived on this account,an yeah you have defend MS many times not so much sony.

Either way pretend the PS4 didn't have to resort to its GPU to make several GPU calls Cell did in the name of the RSX.

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By shadiezz2012
Member since 2012 • 2474 Posts

double post

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By shadiezz2012

@dommeus:TLOU gameplay looked pretty close to it cutscenes

In-game GFX: (click the first and the last pic to see them better)

all from ps3 version

the game looked sooo damn good on ps3 there is a reason why it won all consoles gfx awards in 2013 and now it look even better on ps4

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Snugenz

@tormentos said:

@Snugenz said:

Maybe you forgot that my joint date is older than yours,i have been here since you arrived on this account,an yeah you have defend MS many times not so much sony.

Either way pretend the PS4 didn't have to resort to its GPU to make several GPU calls Cell did in the name of the RSX.

Oh so you joined earlier than me, ok then, since you're so knowledgeable on my posting habits you'll be able to provide me with times and dates (or at the very least examples) that i've defended MS enough to make me an MS fanboy.

@tormentos said:

You're just assuming it was emulated because you like to believe that the PS4 is an all powerful super machine, it's what fanboys like you do, no need to get upset and start posting gibberish at me. In future if i ask you for a link to something you cannot in fact prove, then just say that. It's ok to be wrong.

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 shadiezz2012

why people are soo damn dumb here, ND is porting a game from ps3 which is a very very different hardware than 360/pc to Ps4 a console that pretty much is a pc ...soo of course it will not be easy like porting a xbox360 to xbone

it's not the same as making a game from the ground up on ps4 like uncharted 4 ..not even close

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By dommeus

@shadiezz2012:

Mate, I'm not denying the game has great graphics considering the hardware, but there is a big difference between the cutscenes and the in game. Same with a lot of games that utilise their game engines for cutscenes. Since less is being rendered in a cutscene, of course they can get away with making it much prettier

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 shadiezz2012

@dommeus:i agree with you that there is indeed a difference maybe a big one even but ND did a great job in my book for make me not feeling it with seamless transition

that's why i said *look pretty close* and didn't say *it look the same*

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@Heil68 said:

TC was destroyed in first post and thus SDC. Thank you SONY, the current gen 8 leader witt he world's most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the history of video games.

I can speak for everyone, including TC and say we all all humbled.

#SDCSustained

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

@scatteh316: This.

Also, obviously the shadows would still be better at 60FPS as this is how bad they looked in the PS3 version.

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/5/9/0/9/6/8/5.bmp.jpghttp://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/5/9/0/9/6/7/2.bmp.jpg