lack of trophy supporting games

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

User Lists: 0

#1 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

I hate this thing! only around 7% of the games for PS3 support trophys, and if it doesn't support them you cant level up! im just a level 4 ¬¬ because I just have 3 games with trophy support! what pisses me off the most is the fact that some games have REWARDS but NOT TROPHIES!

for example DMC4, was it so hard to make trophies for everytime you unlocked an achievement? cuz I just get "the reward has been unlocked!" but no trophy, so why would I want it??? that is why the xbox live stats are wayyy more accurate than PSN, in live, your score depends on how good you are on games, because to unlock certain achievements you need, for example, to get...5 kills in a row in a MP game, while the PS3 trophys are just making certain event, like finishing a game, thats no proof of how good you are as a gamer, since almost anyone can finish a game, thats why live will always have a better level up system!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

I thought every game released supports the trophy system. :|

It's the developer choice to add trophy support for old games. Doesn't DMC4 have it's own in game achievement system? Do you need to have a trophy system too?

SuperNecro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SuperNecro
Member since 2005 • 1423 Posts
All new games starting in January of this year have to have trophies. Any games that came before January of '09 don't have to patched. So, stop complaining and just buy some newer games.
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts
Every Game that has come out this year for the PS3 has trophies. Most had trophies last year also.
Jared2720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jared2720
Member since 2007 • 2200 Posts

I think it's time you stepped away from gaming for a while and re-evaluate your life.

ImportBMWRacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ImportBMWRacer
Member since 2006 • 850 Posts

Why should he stop complaining? If it is important to him, then he has every right to complain. Luckily the newer games will include trophies, though it sucks that some of his favorite games dont.

I don't consider this a big deal, but he does and he has every right to complain about it.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

well xbl does not really have a lvl system just a score but yeah the trophy system has not really been very fast in it's implementation, not too slow though either i would say the best words to describe it would be half fast.

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

Seems like you're playing games for the wrong reason. And don't complain when you haven't platinumed any of the games you do have.

SuperNecro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SuperNecro
Member since 2005 • 1423 Posts
He should stop complaining because it's a waste of energy. DMC4 came out at the beginning of '08 if I remember correctly. Trophies weren't introduced until that summer. They weren't made mandatory until the following January. What incentive is there to adding trophies to a nearly year old game?
ImportBMWRacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ImportBMWRacer

He should stop complaining because it's a waste of energy. DMC4 came out at the beginning of '08 if I remember correctly. Trophies weren't introduced until that summer. They weren't made mandatory until the following January. What incentive is there to adding trophies to a nearly year old game?SuperNecro

Obviously there is no incentive, and with older games you can almost be guarantee that they will not have updates to include patches. THOUGH, that does not mean that he can not complain about an important feature. Maybe he just got the PS3 and was under the impression that trophies. Partially his fault for not doing research, though he was mislead as that is what is standard nowadays. Either way he has every right to complain about features that are important to him, but missing from some games that he really enjoys.

Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Blixxed
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts

Trophies weren't implemented until late 2008, as an answer too achievements.

And Achievements are better. :p

WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#12 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts

Yea, it's annoying, but come on. It's just trophies.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lightleggy
He should stop complaining because it's a waste of energy. DMC4 came out at the beginning of '08 if I remember correctly. Trophies weren't introduced until that summer. They weren't made mandatory until the following January. What incentive is there to adding trophies to a nearly year old game?SuperNecro
an industry such as capcom could just have made a patch introducing trophys, the game has achievement system, and it uploads your DMC ranks to a leaderboard, but achievements and score does nto affect your psn level whatsoever
FloWeN-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FloWeN-UK
Member since 2004 • 693 Posts

It's only older games, mostly before the trophy patch that don't support trophies.. 7% is abit off. Loads of PS3 games support trophies.

SonyIsh6Fotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SonyIsh6Fotta
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts

I hate this thing! only around 7% of the games for PS3 support trophys, and if it doesn't support them you cant level up! im just a level 4 ¬¬ because I just have 3 games with trophy support! what pisses me off the most is the fact that some games have REWARDS but NOT TROPHIES!

for example DMC4, was it so hard to make trophies for everytime you unlocked an achievement? cuz I just get "the reward has been unlocked!" but no trophy, so why would I want it??? that is why the xbox live stats are wayyy more accurate than PSN, in live, your score depends on how good you are on games, because to unlock certain achievements you need, for example, to get...5 kills in a row in a MP game, while the PS3 trophys are just making certain event, like finishing a game, thats no proof of how good you are as a gamer, since almost anyone can finish a game, thats why live will always have a better level up system!

lightleggy

This post is fail, why? Because multiplat games have the same trophy/achievement and PS exclusive have more trophys than just beating the game, look it up for yourself, some trophys take skill to get, holla when you get a platinum ;)

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
[QUOTE="SuperNecro"]He should stop complaining because it's a waste of energy. DMC4 came out at the beginning of '08 if I remember correctly. Trophies weren't introduced until that summer. They weren't made mandatory until the following January. What incentive is there to adding trophies to a nearly year old game?lightleggy
an industry such as capcom could just have made a patch introducing trophys, the game has achievement system, and it uploads your DMC ranks to a leaderboard, but achievements and score does nto affect your psn level whatsoever

capcom is an industry? :P and dude, it's just psn level. it's not like that chicks gonna love you just because u have a high psn level
ImportBMWRacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ImportBMWRacer

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="SuperNecro"]He should stop complaining because it's a waste of energy. DMC4 came out at the beginning of '08 if I remember correctly. Trophies weren't introduced until that summer. They weren't made mandatory until the following January. What incentive is there to adding trophies to a nearly year old game?funsohng

capcom is an industry? :P and dude, it's just psn level. it's not like that chicks gonna love you just because u have a high psn level

Its a feature he enjoys. I am assuming you like ANIME cartoons...shall I continue?

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lightleggy
[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="SuperNecro"]He should stop complaining because it's a waste of energy. DMC4 came out at the beginning of '08 if I remember correctly. Trophies weren't introduced until that summer. They weren't made mandatory until the following January. What incentive is there to adding trophies to a nearly year old game?funsohng

anime chicks dig the level 7^
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

My wife rolls her eyes everytime I tell her I go up a level. :lol:

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
All new games have them.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="lightleggy"] an industry such as capcom could just have made a patch introducing trophys, the game has achievement system, and it uploads your DMC ranks to a leaderboard, but achievements and score does nto affect your psn level whatsoeverImportBMWRacer

Its a feature he enjoys. I am assuming you like ANIME cartoons...shall I continue?

what, are you going to destroy my personal pride or something just because i like animes?
patrickjw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 patrickjw333
Member since 2004 • 809 Posts
[QUOTE="Blixxed"]

why am i not surprised by your statement.........
Richymisiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Richymisiak
Member since 2007 • 2589 Posts
don't all ps3 games that are released now have trophies? :S and hasn't it been like that for a few years?
VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

Blixxed

Trophies look better on paper. But when it comes to implementation, achievements are the clear winner in my book.

If anything, this is just one example of how Sony didn't have the forethought to get this feature in line before launch. Instead, the perceptions now is that trophies were a reaction to achievements.

ImportBMWRacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ImportBMWRacer
Its the same principle...he likes PSN Level's and you enjoy Anime cartoons...You obviously missed my point...DO you understand now?
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

Are trophies really that important? :|

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

Blixxed

How are they better? They are the exact same crap.:|

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

TC:

I'm lvl 8 and I don't own many games with trophies... if you complain about the lack of them, maybe you should work a bit harder on the ones you own to get your lvl up.

Anyway, like said many times before:

All games released this year support trophies and it's not a big deal if they don't. Why do you need them anyway??

urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 urdead18
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts

Every game after Janurary 1st 2008 has to have trophies, what sort of games are you playing?

Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Blixxed

[QUOTE="Blixxed"]

RadecSupreme

I meant they were impletmented better then trophies were. I know, they do the exact same thing. It's just Microsoft started with thim, Sony just threw them in a few years too late.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
*gives you ten platinum trophies* Go on, celebrate now, I rewarded you with meaningless merits that have no benefit to your social life, sex life, or any real matter to your life to begin with. By the way, these trophies are exclusive, I hope you like them.
Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Blixxed

Every game after Janurary 1st 2008 has to have trophies, what sort of games are you playing?

urdead18

You mean 2009.

Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Blixxed

[QUOTE="Blixxed"]

patrickjw333

why am i not surprised by your statement.........

Because....you're a psychic?

GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GreenGoblin2099

[QUOTE="RadecSupreme"]

[QUOTE="Blixxed"]

Blixxed

I meant they were impletmented better then trophies were. I know, they do the exact same thing. It's just Microsoft started with thim, Sony just threw them in a few years too late.

Care to explain what do you mean by "better implemented"?? It's the same ****.

djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts
Sales, if a year old game that was popular came out with a trophy patch it would sell alot more copys.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

[QUOTE="Blixxed"]

[QUOTE="RadecSupreme"]

GreenGoblin2099

I think he meant they were there since the beginning and are a standard in every game, unlike trophies which weren't required for games until January 1st, 2009.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Every game released after January 1st, 2009 is required by Sony to support trophies. On top of that, an estimated 70% of the games released before that were updated with trophies in the Sept 2008 trophy update.

ImportBMWRacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ImportBMWRacer

[QUOTE="SuperNecro"]He should stop complaining because it's a waste of energy. DMC4 came out at the beginning of '08 if I remember correctly. Trophies weren't introduced until that summer. They weren't made mandatory until the following January. What incentive is there to adding trophies to a nearly year old game?djsifer01
Sales, if a year old game that was popular came out with a trophy patch it would sell alot more copys.

That would be very unlikely...Its just an added bonus to games, some people get pokemon fever and have to collect em all(Trophies/Achievements)...I highly doubt it would sell a LOT more copies.

GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GreenGoblin2099

[QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"]

[QUOTE="Blixxed"]

StealthMonkey4

I think he meant they were there since the beginning and are a standard in every game, unlike trophies which weren't required for games until January 1st, 2009.

If that's it, by that logic Atari 2600>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Xbox 360

;)

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"][QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"]

GreenGoblin2099

If that's it, by that logic Atari 2600>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Xbox 360

;)

I don't get what you're driving at...
ImportBMWRacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ImportBMWRacer

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"] I think he meant they were there since the beginning and are a standard in every game, unlike trophies which weren't required for games until January 1st, 2009.StealthMonkey4

;)

I don't get what you're driving at...

He is saying that the Atari came first...

Either way, Achievements work better than trophies, though there is not much difference...It is easier to keep track of achievements, though trophies are also easily tracked...there is not much difference though Microsoft does a better job, and its a much smoother process seeing your/friends achievements then seeing your/their trophies...

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

If Sony had their way old games would get patched, but publishers obviously don't think it's worth it. It is weird that DMC4 didn't get em, but whatever.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

[QUOTE="Blixxed"]

StealthMonkey4

There's a bit more to it.

Where are the dynamically updating widgets for trophies? Most are still manual. MS has a whole community developer program to help fan sites with the data. Just take a look at 360Voice.com and MyGamercard.net. There's also a synch process, and to update your portable ID, you have to log onto the playstation.com site and hit a refresh button.

Trophies aren't bad at all, but it's little annoyances like these that can pile up and really show how Sony didn't think the whole thing through.

rjxtian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rjxtian
Member since 2005 • 2638 Posts

I enjoy getting trophies, but it won't stop me from buying an older game without trphy support.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

A fun game is a fun game, I have A few games with no Trophies, but all new games since Jan.2009 have trophies, and a lot of 2008 games have trophies too.

Either way, this will force YOU TC, to play for fun! Good luck with that!

--------------

BTW : Have have a few trophies myself.

GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GreenGoblin2099

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"][QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"]

VoodooHak

There's a bit more to it.

Where are the dynamically updating widgets for trophies? Most are still manual. MS has a whole community developer program to help fan sites with the data. Just take a look at 360Voice.com and MyGamercard.net. There's also a synch process, and to update your portable ID, you have to log onto the playstation.com site and hit a refresh button.

Trophies aren't bad at all, but it's little annoyances like these that can pile up and really show how Sony didn't think the whole thing through.

Now this is a proper answer and I could totally agree with that.

However, I don't really carebragging about my trophies at all. I know there's people who does, but that's not for me.

Syferonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Syferonik
Member since 2006 • 3060 Posts
Agree with TC and also for some reason i am not liking unlocking trophys but find achievments AWESOME.
I_Helios_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 I_Helios_I
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts

Earlier PS3 games didn't support trophies, Sony only recently made them mandatory at the beginning of the year.

I'm currently at level 11-60% or something along those lines, I'd probably be higher if previous games supported trophies but oh well.

Achievements and Trophies are EXACTLY the same thing, theres no difference between them in regards to multiplatform titles. The way their both tracked is different.

Achievements give you points which in turn adds to your current Gamerscore.

Trophies give you percentage points which in turn levels your profile up.

Both are well implemented nuff said.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts
First of all: Most games I've played 2008-current support trophies. Second of all... who cares? Trophes may be satisfying but the don't do you any benefit. Sometimes I want to earn a platinum trophy, but usually I just end up saying "**** it." in the long run because it 1) takes too long 2) the tasks needed to earn the trophies aren't always fun or entertaining... more tedious than anything
muzik_mafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50 muzik_mafia
Member since 2009 • 1628 Posts

I'd buy Valkyria Chronicles if it had trophies.