Kizuna (wii) screens -- looking good.

• 145 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xxastrocreepxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 xxastrocreepxx
Member since 2008 • 810 Posts

Why does SOTC look better than this game? Why?

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#102 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
Sometimes I feel like Wii owners will get excited about anything. Looking at these screens I struggle to really see what makes them so special.
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
Sometimes I feel like Wii owners will get excited about anything. Looking at these screens I struggle to really see what makes them so special.NAPK1NS

It's like that with pretty much any game these days, it's all stuff you've seen before. The thing that makes this title stand out is the artsty1e, which is not entirely original but has been used little enough to garner the game some attention. The gameplay looks like it's not going to differentiate itself from numerous other action games though. It's a title to watch.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

Wow, I really like the artstyle.

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 NAPK1NS

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]Sometimes I feel like Wii owners will get excited about anything. Looking at these screens I struggle to really see what makes them so special.Saturos3091

It's like that with pretty much any game these days, it's all stuff you've seen before. The thing that makes this title stand out is the artsty1e, which is not entirely original but has been used little enough to garner the game some attention. The gameplay looks like it's not going to differentiate itself from numerous other action games though. It's a title to watch.

I suppose so. I'm just excited about 10,000 other titles right now so maybe It's hard to grab my attention.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 ArisShadows

Sometimes I feel like Wii owners will get excited about anything. Looking at these screens I struggle to really see what makes them so special.NAPK1NS

Interesting artstyle? A game doesn't need be high on a techinical scale, a great artstyle can create that eye appeal within a game like this.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#107 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
[QUOTE="hakanakumono"][QUOTE="spectravoid"]

lol yuck i dont like the visuals

i don't care if gameplay is amazing if my eyes bleed trying to see it or find where everything is.

i dont like madworld because of that

TAKE_IT_BACK

I think madworld is visually superior to this game though.

MUCH so.

i'm worried about madworld. Based on descriptions it is very linear not only in gameplay but the environments look like tight, restrictive corridors. This Kizuna game is largely unknown at this point but it looks a lot more open. A game like that always has a chance
ParkCarsHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#108 ParkCarsHere
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts
Wow... that art style is... awesome! Thanks for making me aware of this game!
xXMcClaneXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 xXMcClaneXx
Member since 2008 • 1110 Posts
SOTC looks better in my opinion....i still might give this game attention
TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts
[QUOTE="TAKE_IT_BACK"][QUOTE="hakanakumono"][QUOTE="spectravoid"]

lol yuck i dont like the visuals

i don't care if gameplay is amazing if my eyes bleed trying to see it or find where everything is.

i dont like madworld because of that

GunSmith1_basic

I think madworld is visually superior to this game though.

MUCH so.

i'm worried about madworld. Based on descriptions it is very linear not only in gameplay but the environments look like tight, restrictive corridors. This Kizuna game is largely unknown at this point but it looks a lot more open. A game like that always has a chance

I'm looking forward to madworld because of the guys making it. I think they can pull through.

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 NAPK1NS

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]Sometimes I feel like Wii owners will get excited about anything. Looking at these screens I struggle to really see what makes them so special.ArisShadows

Interesting artstyle? A game doesn't need be high on a techinical scale, a great artstyle can create that eye appeal within a game like this.

Honestly - it looks like a Shadow of the Colossus drained of all color and interesting character design. I don't quite grasp the "eye-catching" bit.

stepat201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 stepat201
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts

xxastrocreepxx

Because:

1) Cell shaded games look like crap. Cell shading is not 'artsy'.

2) Shadow of the Collosus looks stunning,especially the collosus.

3) On a technical side,SotC is superior.

final_fortress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 final_fortress
Member since 2008 • 177 Posts

give them a break they dont have much to get excited about these days

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 ArisShadows
[QUOTE="ArisShadows"]

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]Sometimes I feel like Wii owners will get excited about anything. Looking at these screens I struggle to really see what makes them so special.NAPK1NS

Honestly - it looks like a Shadow of the Colossus drained of all color and interesting character design. I don't quite grasp the "eye-catching" bit.

Thats simply varied tastes and thought, mainly.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 ArisShadows

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]Sometimes I feel like Wii owners will get excited about anything. Looking at these screens I struggle to really see what makes them so special.final_fortress

give them a break they dont have much to get excited about these days

I actually quite excited about alot of games, so thats not true.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#116 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Again -- It seems like anything posted on Wii is a PoS.

as someone already said, PoP is a lot like ICO, yet no ones calling it ICO 2.0 -- Because its not on the Wii? Perhaps..

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#117 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
[QUOTE="xxastrocreepxx"]

stepat201

Because:

1) I think cell shaded games look great if done correctly. Look at the Budokai Tenkaichi games for PS2. Also killer 7 and XIII. All examples of great cell shading.

2) I agree whole heartedly. That game should not have been possibleon the PS2.

3) I must agree there too. I mean we havent seen much of this game, but by the screens i have seen, this game seems very lacklustre. But at the same time, SotC also had a very unstable frame rate that constantly stayed below 30FPS while u were fighting the colossi. So maybe they made a trade off in this game, they got constant 30FPS in exchange for sum graphical fidelity.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
[QUOTE="JonasJuice"][QUOTE="VendettaRed07"][QUOTE="JonasJuice"][QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

I can tell how this game idea was pitched..

" hey, ive got a great idea for a wii game, lets make a game for wii thats like shadow of the colossus, but cell shaded! that way we it wont look like crap on wii"

VendettaRed07

:roll: Some of the crap you guys actually type out and post is incredible.

what, thats what it looks like

no where did i say its gonna be a bad game, it just the style looks unoriginal and bland..

You make it sound like if SotC was on the Wii, it would magically be worse looking than the PS2 game.

Not at all, its just a way of making it so they dont have to really push the hardware, im not a fan of cell shading, it worked with winwaker and okami and all, but i think its lazy.

actually, devs have said many times that cell-shaded is one of the hardest ways to do a game.

final_fortress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 final_fortress
Member since 2008 • 177 Posts
[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"][QUOTE="JonasJuice"][QUOTE="VendettaRed07"][QUOTE="JonasJuice"][QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

I can tell how this game idea was pitched..

" hey, ive got a great idea for a wii game, lets make a game for wii thats like shadow of the colossus, but cell shaded! that way we it wont look like crap on wii"

goblaa

:roll: Some of the crap you guys actually type out and post is incredible.

what, thats what it looks like

no where did i say its gonna be a bad game, it just the style looks unoriginal and bland..

You make it sound like if SotC was on the Wii, it would magically be worse looking than the PS2 game.

Not at all, its just a way of making it so they dont have to really push the hardware, im not a fan of cell shading, it worked with winwaker and okami and all, but i think its lazy.

actually, devs have said many times that cell-shaded is one of the hardest ways to do a game.

well thats great and all when the cel shading looks good but that is no excuse for this game

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 NAPK1NS
[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"][QUOTE="ArisShadows"]

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]Sometimes I feel like Wii owners will get excited about anything. Looking at these screens I struggle to really see what makes them so special.ArisShadows

Thats simply varied tastes and thought, mainly.

Indeed. That's what that bit about the "I" was all about.

Mandingo101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Mandingo101
Member since 2007 • 2317 Posts
its like they took SoTC and slapped a coat of okami on it
Mandingo101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Mandingo101
Member since 2007 • 2317 Posts

goblaa
in terms of what, creativity? cus hardware wise, it does enable you to push cleaner and sometimes better textures among other things.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
[QUOTE="goblaa"]

Mandingo101

in terms of what, creativity? cus hardware wise, it does enable you to push cleaner and sometimes better textures among other things.

It's just a more complex, longer, painstaking process.

DireToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 DireToad
Member since 2006 • 3948 Posts

Ok here it comes:

The graphics look like crap. There are other games that make much better use of cell shading than this. From a technical stand they are even less than what the Wii's limits can provide and the art sty le is badly achieved.
Like 2 trees and 5 flowers on a flat ground with basically nothing in the background? Does that even qualify as an environment?

- Huge bosses, find the weak point by pointing the Wii remote on screenNeogaf

That means the game could easily become a random waggle and button mashing fest if not made well by the devs. Which brings me to...

Jaleco? WTF have they been up to lately? They were decent in the NES days but now? Oh well at least they made Trailer Park Tycoon and some Japanese games no one has ever heard about.

Try again sheep. The drought still continues until you get some first party releases or at least a decent Wii/PS2 multiplat.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#125 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

TBH while I do love the artstyle, the in game graphics doesn't look great. Fragile look a lot better.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#126 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Crap. Thread has been invaded by DireToad...

-Wheels-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 -Wheels-
Member since 2005 • 3137 Posts
The game doesn't look bad. Hopefully it brings something we haven't seen before gameplay wise.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

Ok here it comes:

The graphics look like crap. There are other games that make much better use of cell shading than this. From a technical stand they are even less than what the Wii's limits can provide and the art sty le is badly achieved.
Like 2 trees and 5 flowers on a flat ground with basically nothing in the background? Does that even qualify as an environment?

[QUOTE="Neogaf"]- Huge bosses, find the weak point by pointing the Wii remote on screenDireToad

That means the game could easily become a random waggle and button mashing fest if not made well by the devs. Which brings me to...

Jaleco? WTF have they been up to lately? They were decent in the NES days but now? Oh well at least they made Trailer Park Tycoon and some Japanese games no one has ever heard about.

Try again sheep. The drought still continues until you get some first party releases or at least a decent Wii/PS2 multiplat.

I thought Jaleco went out of business after they made a crappy RE clone for the dreamcast.

It looks like now they're working on a crappy SotC clone.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 hakanakumono

its like they took SoTC and slapped a coat of okami on itMandingo101

Okami looks a hell of a lot better than this game.

xxastrocreepxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 xxastrocreepxx
[QUOTE="xxastrocreepxx"]

stepat201

Because:

Some Cel-shade games look fantastic, take the new PoP or Tails game that just hit xbox. I really hope sheep don't fall for something this crappy.

I'd rather see people go out and buy a port of one of the best games on PS2 for 30 bucks than waste 50 on a turd of a game like this. Buy Okami Nintendo fanboys, ignore this game. You will only be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#131 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
[QUOTE="stepat201"][QUOTE="xxastrocreepxx"]

xxastrocreepxx

Because:

Some Cel-shade games look fantastic, take the new PoP or Tails game that just hit xbox. I really hope sheep don't fall for something this crappy.

I'd rather see people go out and buy a port of one of the best games on PS2 for 30 bucks than waste 50 on a turd of a game like this. Buy Okami Nintendo fanboys, ignore this game. You will only be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Meh, I am more excited for Fragile anyway. It look a lot better then this game.

Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts
looks like a reason to keep my wii :D
JonasJuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 JonasJuice
Member since 2008 • 221 Posts
[QUOTE="stepat201"][QUOTE="xxastrocreepxx"]

xxastrocreepxx

Because:

How can you say that? You know nothing about the game. :lol:

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 hakanakumono
[QUOTE="xxastrocreepxx"][QUOTE="stepat201"][QUOTE="xxastrocreepxx"]

JonasJuice

Because:

We already know how that it plays like SotC and, judging from the screens, it looks poor.

jeffwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 jeffwulf
Member since 2004 • 1569 Posts
[QUOTE="JonasJuice"][QUOTE="xxastrocreepxx"][QUOTE="stepat201"][QUOTE="xxastrocreepxx"]

hakanakumono

Because:

We already know how that it plays like SotC and, judging from the screens, it looks poor.

It's an action RPG with large bosses. If every action RPG with large bosses plays like SotC, then Rogue Galaxy and Kingdom Hearts(the Nighmare Before Christmas boss was huge and you had to climb on him lololololololol) are SotC clones.

Personnally, the game looks more like a single character rogue Galaxy.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#136 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
Certainly looks interesting. I hope that there are more giant bosses. Mecha Bowser from Galaxy, and Morpheel from TP are some of my favorite bosses. Having said that, I realized that I really need to go and get SotC.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 hakanakumono
[QUOTE="hakanakumono"][QUOTE="JonasJuice"][QUOTE="xxastrocreepxx"][QUOTE="stepat201"][QUOTE="xxastrocreepxx"]

jeffwulf

Because:

It's an action RPG with large bosses. If every action RPG with large bosses plays like SotC, then Rogue Galaxy and Kingdom Hearts(the Nighmare Before Christmas boss was huge and you had to climb on him lololololololol) are SotC clones.

Personnally, the game looks more like a single character rogue Galaxy.

I don't know about Rogue Galaxy, but then nightmare before christmas level itself wasn't really a boss imo, or at least, it didn't operate like SotC. There was a boss inside though. The way the gameplay is described makes it sound more like SotC.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

wow Jaleco is back but with a ripoff LMAO.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

Again -- It seems like anything posted on Wii is a PoS.

as someone already said, PoP is a lot like ICO, yet no ones calling it ICO 2.0 -- Because its not on the Wii? Perhaps..

Haziqonfire

PoP is not like ICO, it seems you don't know what you are talking about.

freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts
Is there any confirmation of this being released outside Japan, or we just assuming?
Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts
artstyle looks cool, that's about it.
xxastrocreepxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 xxastrocreepxx
[QUOTE="xxastrocreepxx"][QUOTE="stepat201"][QUOTE="xxastrocreepxx"]

JonasJuice

Because:

And I know the developer has yet to make a good game, yet alot of people seem to think this is going to SoTC Wii. Its not. I know its great that something than HappyWaggleParty is hitting a system desperate for core games but this isn't the game sheep should be looking at.
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#143 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
Wow love the art style and looks like SOTC which is definitely a good thing :P
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#144 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator  Online
Member since 2004 • 49593 Posts
looks like a reason to keep my wii :DSolid_Link22
Because of a few screenshots of an unfinished game? Interesting.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#145 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
[QUOTE="Solid_Link22"]looks like a reason to keep my wii :DStevo_the_gamer
Because of a few screenshots of an unfinished game? Interesting.

Yeah, and it goes both ways. When there aren't good games for months they want to sell, and when they come they want to buy again. No faith i guess. At the end of the generation every platform was worth its money. (Unless it was broken.) People look at the Dreamcast and even regret they never owned one of those.