Kirby's Return to Dreamland HYPE Thread - AE Flop.

• 177 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Chemical_Viking
Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 Chemical_Viking
Member since 2010 • 2145 Posts

[QUOTE="Chemical_Viking"]Are you sure this isn't wii u ? Ps3 would struggle with these graphics. Seriously it's an Xbox live game dressed up in a full retail jacket, if it gets anything above a 7.5 this place is rigged.93BlackHawk93
Because of the graphics? Who cares? Or is it because it's a 2D platformer? Did you say the same thing about DKCR and NSMBW?

Actually I did pretty much. Aside from having established characters there is virtually nothing seperating these 2d platformers from the likes of Limbo and Outland, and they're in HD.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I don't think they're worth full price in this day and age.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

[QUOTE="93BlackHawk93"][QUOTE="Chemical_Viking"]Are you sure this isn't wii u ? Ps3 would struggle with these graphics. Seriously it's an Xbox live game dressed up in a full retail jacket, if it gets anything above a 7.5 this place is rigged.Chemical_Viking

Because of the graphics? Who cares? Or is it because it's a 2D platformer? Did you say the same thing about DKCR and NSMBW?

Actually I did pretty much. Aside from having established characters there is virtually nothing seperating these 2d platformers from the likes of Limbo and Outland, and they're in HD.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I don't think they're worth full price in this day and age.

Neither are $60 games with 4-8 hour campaigns. But alas, we aren't in charge of pricing for these things.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#153 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Added the commercial.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 93BlackHawk93

Another Wii flop.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

iLike (nearly) all Kirby games it lacks difficulty or challenge. And I thought it would do better than Epic Yarn:(. I've got to see for myself.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Another good platformer for the Wii :)
93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 93BlackHawk93
Another good platformer for the Wii :)locopatho
Mmm... sarcasm?
MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

7.5 is a good score. Besides, it's 2d scroller Kirby, and that's awesome. If I still had my Wii, this would be a fun game to play with my non image obsessed friends who aren't self-conscious about their manliness/broness.

I'd buy it. 7.5 means Good if I remember that whole 1-10 scale thing.

LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts
That's so pretty awesome box art. Look at that swhward! And the determined look on Kirby's face. Scary. It would make sense if it were Return To Nightmare Land.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

7.5 is a good score. Besides, it's 2d scroller Kirby, and that's awesome. If I still had my Wii, this would be a fun game to play with my non image obsessed friends who aren't self-conscious about their manliness/broness.

MLBknights58

The 1-10 scale has increasingly revolved around the 6-10 scale. Since the PS2 era, any game below a 7 can pretty much be considered "poor." 7, more often than not, should be interpreted as a "decent" score despite the concepts of what was good and bad at the original inception of the scale's use (where games like Parasite Eve would score a 7).

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 locopatho
[QUOTE="locopatho"]Another good platformer for the Wii :)93BlackHawk93
Mmm... sarcasm?

Nope, 7.5 = good !
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#162 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="MLBknights58"]

hakanakumono

The 1-10 scale has increasingly revolved around the 6-10 scale. Since the PS2 era, any game below a 7 can pretty much be considered "poor." 7, more often than not, should be interpreted as a "decent" score despite the concepts of what was good and bad at the original inception of the scale's use (where games like Parasite Eve would score a 7).

I don't think that's Gamespot's intention at all. As far as they and most people are concerned a 7 still means "good" until they say otherwise. If the reviewer thought it was poor or decent he or she would have said so.

KevinButlerVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 KevinButlerVP
Member since 2010 • 2378 Posts
I was hyping this AAAA, such a disappointment kirby you have failed me
93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 93BlackHawk93
[QUOTE="KevinButlerVP"]I was hyping this AAAA, such a disappointment kirby you have failed me

Like anyone believes you. :lol:
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

[QUOTE="Chemical_Viking"]

[QUOTE="93BlackHawk93"]Because of the graphics? Who cares? Or is it because it's a 2D platformer? Did you say the same thing about DKCR and NSMBW?mmmwksil

Neither are $60 games with 4-8 hour campaigns. But alas, we aren't in charge of pricing for these things.

Why do you guys entertain him? I will never understand :?

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#166 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

How is a 7.5 a flop? That means it's more a 8.0

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
Another good platformer for the Wii :)locopatho
Between this, DKCR, NMBW, Kirby Epic Yarn, and Metroid Other M I can't help that Nintendo only took the 2D route on these games to save money.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Another good platformer for the Wii :)Bread_or_Decide
Between this, DKCR, NMBW, Kirby Epic Yarn, and Metroid Other M I can't help that Nintendo only took the 2D route on these games to save money.

I love it. 2D platformers is my favourite genre :D

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 locopatho

Possibly. I do feel very hard done by, needing to pay full price for them when I got Super Meat Boy for a tenner on XBLA, but o well. Pricing aside, I'm glad we getting plenty of 2D awesomeness this gen.
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"][QUOTE="locopatho"]Another good platformer for the Wii :)locopatho

Possibly. I do feel very hard done by, needing to pay full price for them when I got Super Meat Boy for a tenner on XBLA, but o well. Pricing aside, I'm glad we getting plenty of 2D awesomeness this gen.

Yeah it's a great nostalgic throw back, especially in terms of how difficult they used to be (DKCR, NMBW.) But there's so many of them at the end of the Wii's life cycle it feels like just a lazy bone Nintendo is throwing to it's fans. It costs much less and they get away with just being nostalgic, which let's face it, is always enough for their fan base.
Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#171 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

7.5; more or less what I was expecting.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#172 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18257 Posts

[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"][QUOTE="locopatho"]Another good platformer for the Wii :)ActicEdge

I love it. 2D platformers is my favourite genre :D

Not to mention that i got sick to death of the generic 3D platforms we got for the hundreds a few gens ago, so playing again high quality 2D platforms is always welcome.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#173 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18257 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"] Between this, DKCR, NMBW, Kirby Epic Yarn, and Metroid Other M I can't help that Nintendo only took the 2D route on these games to save money.Bread_or_Decide

Yeah it's a great nostalgic throw back, especially in terms of how difficult they used to be (DKCR, NMBW.) But there's so many of them at the end of the Wii's life cycle it feels like just a lazy bone Nintendo is throwing to it's fans. It costs much less and they get away with just being nostalgic, which let's face it, is always enough for their fan base.

This game was lazy for you?

dkcr

:lol:...sure, ok.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Yes because there's no way they actually put effort into making these right :| I mean 2d platformers practically make themselves. All of those level designers were twiddling their thumbs as magic machines did the work for them.

Just saying, i don't see how making 2d platformer's makes them "lazy"compared to other genres

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 93BlackHawk93

Playing right now. Last Boss was epic.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points