Kinect: Do you want it or not?

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts
Yes but not right away. Maybe 6 months later when there's more games
svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#52 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Maybe when its down to 50-70$. No accessory should be more than that.

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

its crazy to see ppl wine about the price when it comes with a game:?

im sure 90% of them have bought a rock band setfor 250 bucks

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#54 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
No I don't.
_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

the pricepoint is freakin $150 thats too expensive for a camera. it doesnt have hardcore games and its gonna me look silly playing it. i only like looking cool when i play games and the move makes me look cool and hardcore because it has hardcore games. kinect doesnt have any

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

Ima buy it :)

markinthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 markinthedark
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

I have kinect preordered, so yes.

im actually fairly hyped for it, which i wasnt expecting.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50716 Posts

Nope. Maybe down the line when it's less than $70...

vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 vaderhater
Member since 2003 • 3972 Posts

the pricepoint is freakin $150 thats too expensive for a camera. it doesnt have hardcore games and its gonna me look silly playing it. i only like looking cool when i play games and the move makes me look cool and hardcore because it has hardcore games. kinect doesnt have any

_SWAG_

I disagree. I dont think Kinect can make you look silly.

savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
Do I want Kinect? Yes. I think it will be useful as a remote/interface tool and I also really want to play Dance Central and Sonic Free Riders. Do I want it for 150 dollars? No. More like 70.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50716 Posts

[QUOTE="_SWAG_"]

vaderhater

Of course it can, but who cares? As long as it's fun that's all that matters to me. And that's why I don't like Kinect yet, nothing looks fun or interesting.

markinthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 markinthedark

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]

[QUOTE="_SWAG_"]

Chutebox

Of course it can, but who cares? As long as it's fun that's all that matters to me. And that's why I don't like Kinect yet, nothing looks fun or interesting.

I dont know man, even the most disgruntled game journalists have been giggling like school girls when playing dance central. I have yet to see a video of someone playing that game without a smile from ear to ear.

Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Karnage108
Member since 2010 • 2595 Posts

Not interested at this time.

I don't like the limitations, software that's available, or the $150 pricepoint.

SolidTy

Pretty much this. It's too much money and the launch games will get boring fast, much like Wii games for me.

Limitations, however, is something we should wait for more reviews or try to experience ourselves before criticizing Kinect. There was a thread not too long ago where someone picked something out of the troubleshooting guide that said not to wear dark clothes in a dark room. I mean.. really? How often does the stuff in a troubleshooting guide actually present some kind of trouble? If anything it says more about the limitations of the person (i.e they're dumb).

arto1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64 arto1223
Member since 2005 • 4412 Posts

I want it for PC when people start making random apps for it that aren't really gaming.hexashadow13

This is the only way I see myself ever using it. On the 360, it will only have crap games.

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts
I honestly have no interest in it at this point. What's been shown so far looks like ****. They need to be able to deliver a "traditional" gaming experience for me to dig it. If it's all gimmicks and games specifically designed to compete with the Wii, it's not going to be my cup of tea. If they could deliver AAA games with the Kinect controls and keep them as tight and responsive as they are now, I could get interested. I doubt that will be the case, but I am willing to give it a chance to impress me.
markinthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 markinthedark

[QUOTE="hexashadow13"]I want it for PC when people start making random apps for it that aren't really gaming.arto1223

This is the only way I see myself ever using it. On the 360, it will only have crap games.

do you remember games originally designed for the mouse? solitaire and minesweeper... all casual fair. It wasnt until quake 2 that we actually saw the mouse incorporated by default into hardcore games.

Nowadays its hard to imagine when there used to be no freelook in fps games... maybe one day it will be hard to imagine when we couldnt move our head to peek around corners in fps games.

i wouldnt write off camera based input for video games.

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#67 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts

do you remember games originally designed for the mouse? solitaire and minesweeper... all casual fair. It wasnt until quake 2 that we actually saw the mouse incorporated by default into hardcore games.

Nowadays its hard to imagine when there used to be no freelook in fps games... maybe one day it will be hard to imagine when we couldnt move our head to peek around corners in fps games.

markinthedark
Fair point, I just don't think the technology is quite there yet, nor are they going to spend as much time making games that really push the envelope as they will marketing it as if it does. In the future, maybe...
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

_SWAG_

Lol. I don't know, but this looks pretty silly.

http://kotaku.com/5678383/the-playstation-move-push-gets-weirder

markinthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 markinthedark

[QUOTE="markinthedark"]

Hahadouken

Fair point, I just don't think the technology is quite there yet, nor are they going to spend as much time making games that really push the envelope as they will marketing it as if it does. In the future, maybe...

Yea its definitely not there yet. But i think any tech enthusiast knows in a couple years time whatever bleeding edge device they buy is going to be near worthless within the span of a couple years. I mean anytime you spend $600 for that latest and greatest graphics card... 2 years later you can buy something that makes it look like hot garbage for half the price. We know it, but we buy it anyway.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="arto1223"]

[QUOTE="hexashadow13"]I want it for PC when people start making random apps for it that aren't really gaming.markinthedark

Nah RTS's like command and conquer and various building/management type games had mouse a few years prior to FPS using them.Maybe thats true for FPS but sure as hell aint for "hardcore" it was done for various big well known games before it so dont think that it wasnt till then cause it was default for a few other hardcore genre's.
2muchsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 2muchsoul
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts
I might sound like a broken record but I could care less for motion control peripherals with 360/PS3.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
[QUOTE="gago-gago"]

[QUOTE="_SWAG_"]

Lol. I don't know, but this looks pretty silly.

http://kotaku.com/5678383/the-playstation-move-push-gets-weirder

Where did it all go wrong this gen?
Elutheria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Elutheria
Member since 2003 • 286 Posts
If I wanted broken controls and shovelware I would dust off my Wii.
markinthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 markinthedark

[QUOTE="markinthedark"]

[QUOTE="arto1223"]

razgriz_101

Nah RTS's like command and conquer and various building/management type games had mouse a few years prior to FPS using them.Maybe thats true for FPS but sure as hell aint for "hardcore" it was done for various big well known games before it so dont think that it wasnt till then cause it was default for a few other hardcore genre's.

yeah honestly, i almost went back and edited... because i knew i was wrong. But i felt the principle held true, and i still do. Fps was just the only genre i knew well enough (back in the day i didnt have many other genres of PC games). I knew something had to have been mouse based earlier.

And i knew someone would point it out. But i think the underlying principle still is true... in that a new tech... like a mouse... starts off with crap games... eventually moves to games with optional support... and then finally settles on games requiring the new technology.

I dont know if camera based inputs will blaze a similar trail, but i dont think it is too dissimilar.

Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
so many cows here!! anyway Im getting it for sure.
erglesmergle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 erglesmergle
Member since 2009 • 1769 Posts

Do I want garbage? I think not.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

Nope.

It is a big step into the future of input devices, however right now is just not the right time for it.

tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#78 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

if i had money to burn i would get it, but realistically i wont

jackdaniel594

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 jackdaniel594
Member since 2009 • 131 Posts

already have an eyetoy, and its identical, in the stuff it does anyway

sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 sakura_Ex
Member since 2007 • 3066 Posts
I would rather eat broken glass.
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
I dont know i have to try it for myself to decide!
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#82 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
I already preordered it
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#83 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
It's hard to say at this point. Kinect does it have potential. MS needs to prove it can do more than just casual titles like Kinectimals. Forza kinect is even casualized. You have to pass slower cars as quickly as you can. FPS games i can't see working though. How are you suppost to fire and aim with your bare hands? A lot of potential. Let's see if MS can meet that potential.
nexus303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 nexus303
Member since 2004 • 204 Posts

Totally, pre-ordered and raring to go :-D

Installing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Installing
Member since 2010 • 678 Posts

I imagine I'll be able to get a heck of a lot more entertainment from the Steam sales with $150.