Killzone: Shadow Fall is the only truely next gen title

• 127 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

@raging_user said:

Give me a gif from any game either on pc or ps4 that looks better than this

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

@raging_user said:

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Personally that video clip of KZSF looks horrible but I know the finished version will be great as seen with other videos and screenshots. Have to admit those video clips of Ryse actually look really good but I think those are being rendered on PC.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#104 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Legend500 said:

TitanFall looks exactly the same as COD:MW2

and like more fun than kz

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Cows setting themselves up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Legend500 said:

TitanFall looks exactly the same as COD:MW2

yea if you as dull as stone.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 SonofK
Member since 2013 • 1088 Posts

Crysis 2 on PC looks better than KZ SF

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@raging_user said:

And the awesome thing is that these are from gameplay of both Single Player and Multiplayer and not some crappy pre-rendered cutscene.

KratosDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 KratosDrake
Member since 2011 • 44 Posts

It is the only true next gen game at the moment.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@raging_user said:

And the awesome thing is that these are from gameplay of both Single Player and Multiplayer and not some crappy pre-rendered cutscene.

Lems = owned.

How can MP gameplay of KZ:SF own a pre-rendered cutscene? Only the X1 and Bonaire know LMAO.

raging_user

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 raging_user
Member since 2013 • 467 Posts

@NoodleFighter:

^^^ yes, much more comparable to Ryse than any other game showcased right now

but still not better in my eyes, just can't get enough of the lighting in this game

as for SF? visually it is not on the same level as battlefield 4 or ryse

still technically more impressive though

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Shadow fall looks better than Ryse both on paper and in gameplay there's no denying of that. Lems also have to realize when they see Ryse on their 50" 1080p sets (assuming they have one lol), it's gonna look much blurrier than KZ.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#114 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

Can't wait to get the game and witness next gen. .... I still remember when thee first showed it in Feb. ... those skyscrapper and the awesome drawing distance .. OMG

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#115  Edited By -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

The visuals, second to none. Only games that compete are Crysis 3 and BF4 on PC

Actually KZSF doesn't even compete with Crysis 3 on PC. Crysis 3 is a clearly better looking game.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#116 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

Console kiddies love their gif images.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 gpuking

@-Unreal- said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Actually KZSF doesn't even compete with Crysis 3 on PC. Crysis 3 is a clearly better looking game.

KZ looks better in a lot of areas than Crysis 3 PC, don't kid yourself.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@gpuking said:

@-Unreal- said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Perhaps wait for the game to come out so we can actually compare the two

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

@KillzoneSnake said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@KillzoneSnake said:

Yes it looks better than any PC game but whats more important is the fully custom multiplayer with 0 aim assist and clan support.

we're not far off 2014 and you're acting as if that's a big deal. halo 2 (in 2004) had clan support, 1 - 50 competitive ranking and fully custom multiplayer.

Sorry if im not interested in a 10 year old ugly looking aim assist unrealistic shooter. Shadow fall>>>>>>> BF4 > COD ghost fact

Quake is a unrealistic shooter but you probably think Killzone is better than Quake. I can fully understand why you would prefer a dumbed down CoD wannabe though that requires zero skill.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Truely amazing visuals.

I laughed on spike TV when the footage cut from KZ:SF to Titanfall. Truely a contrast between the choices..

Crysis 2 and BF3 on PC kicks KZ:SF out of the water and they were released in 2011. Forget about Crysis 3 and BF4. And even on consoles BF4 is technically more impressive than KZ:SF, may be GG should take classes from DICE on how to program games for x86 PS4.

Except I've played BF3 and Crysis 2 on PC and they look like shit next to KZ:SF

Cmon.. Don't be a stupid hermit. I've played BF4 Beta on PC.. I've SEEN BF4 on consoles, it looks beyond terrible with PS2 textures especially 360 version.

Seriously, why'd you even try to lie to me? LOL I feel offended by your stupidity.

You played it on PC? Last time I heard you bragging about you don't game on PC and consololes are your preferred platform for blahblahblah reason.

Anyways, you seriously want me to list the technical details of Crysis 2 and BF3 vs KZ:SF side by side? I know being an idiot is mandatory for being a cow but you shouldn't expect much from PS4 hardware that is equivalent to a midrange card of 2010 - 570. Hell even DF was disappointed with KZ:SF and explicitly mentioned that Crysis 2 looks far better. Let me give you a hint DICE and Crytek didn't release 4K bullshots of their games but GG did; clearly shows how much confidence GG/Sony has in their product.

And you have played BF4 beta on PS4? When I said console version, I meant the next-gen consoles. Hell I even explicitly mentioned x86 PS4 in my original post.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 zeeshanhaider

@I_can_haz said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Truely amazing visuals.

I laughed on spike TV when the footage cut from KZ:SF to Titanfall. Truely a contrast between the choices..

Crysis 2 and BF3 on PC kicks KZ:SF out of the water and they were released in 2011. Forget about Crysis 3 and BF4. And even on consoles BF4 is technically more impressive than KZ:SF, may be GG should take classes from DICE on how to program games for x86 PS4.

WTF are you smoking son? I own BF3 on PC and Crysis 2 and no they don't look more impressive than KZSF. Please get out of here with that nonsense. As if that wasn't bad enough you had to bring BF4 on consoles into the mix. Are you high? BF4 on even XB1 runs at 720p, KZSF runs at almost double the resolution.

Your Laptop doesn't count as a Gaming PC.

Well, I didn't want to go into the techgnicalities as I have listed it thousands of times but anyway, I'll do that again.

Crysis 2 - Realtime GI KZ:SF - None (Still using prebaked GI)Crysis 2 - All realtime lights with every light casting shadows. KZ:SF - Many lights don't cast any shadows at all even though they are supposed to be Area lights.
Crysis 2/KZ:SF - Reatime screen space reflections.
Crysis 2: Realtime Water/Wind/Particle Physics. KZ:SF - No Physics present at all or whatever little there is is prebaked.
Crysis 2: SSDO. KZ:SF - Still using SSAO.

The rest Motion blur/Camera motion blur and per object motion blur is still better in Crysis 2 than KZ:SF.

Now BF4 vs KZ:SF on PS4

BF4: 64 Players with large scale maps. KZ:SF Small 24 player, corridor maps.
BF4: Realtime Destruction and all the other Physics like water, lights, weather etc. KZ:SF - Nada
In short BF4 on PS4 has everything better than KZ:SF expect resolution.

KZ:SF isn't doing anything that hasn't been done on PC 100 times better. In short GG simply following the work/R&D Crytek and other PC devs did for them.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By gpuking

@zeeshanhaider said:

@I_can_haz said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Truely amazing visuals.

WTF are you smoking son? I own BF3 on PC and Crysis 2 and no they don't look more impressive than KZSF. Please get out of here with that nonsense. As if that wasn't bad enough you had to bring BF4 on consoles into the mix. Are you high? BF4 on even XB1 runs at 720p, KZSF runs at almost double the resolution.

Well, I didn't want to go into the techgnicalities as I have listed it thousands of times but anyway, I'll do that again.

Crysis 2 - Realtime GI KZ:SF - None (Still using prebaked GI)Crysis 2 - All realtime lights with every light casting shadows. KZ:SF - Many lights don't cast any shadows at all even though they are supposed to be Area lights.

Crysis 2: Realtime Water/Wind/Particle Physics. KZ:SF - No Physics present at all or whatever little there is is prebaked.

The rest Motion blur/Camera motion blur and per object motion blur is still better in Crysis 2 than KZ:SF.

BF4: Realtime Destruction and all the other Physics like water, lights, weather etc. KZ:SF - Nada

KZ:SF isn't doing anything that hasn't been done on PC 100 times better. In short GG simply following the work/R&D Crytek and other PC devs did for them.

You're full of sh&t son. KZ:SF has tons of advancement that Crysis 2 lacks.

+ Physically based Shading means in KZ all the material, reflection and refraction would look drastically more realistic than C2 can ever be. This along makes a world of difference in look.

+ All lights are Area lights each with volumetric property, this pretty much makes the lighting so much more natural in KZ, no ifs and buts.

+ The SSR in KZ even reflects smoke from grenade and covers a much wider area than C2's.

+ We've seen destructible environment in GTTV's clip, along with bouncing particles, foliage reacts to explosions and even in KZ2 there's wind physics so don't expect anything less here.

+ Without the Crysis 2 particle mod, KZ's particle effect absolutely sh&ts on C2.

+ Motion blur in C2 does not look any better than KZ's.

+ Character models in KZ are infinitely better with much higher textures, higher polycount and far better shaders. Not to mention a lot more on screen.

+ KZ has much bigger scale and more density in the level than C2

Crysis 2 is designed for current gen with some fancy effects thrown in, KZSF is full next gen launch title yet it still murders C2 on almost every level.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:

Needs more Rico.

Yuk.

Ol fatty kept blocking my line of sight more often than not. When he went down, I just left him there until the fight's over. Ha Ha! I did enjoy listening to him mouth off while he was down. ;)

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@gpuking said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@I_can_haz said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Truely amazing visuals.

You're full of sh&t son. KZ:SF has tons of advancement that Crysis 2 lacks.

+ Physically based Shading means in KZ all the material, reflection and refraction would look drastically more realistic than C2 can ever be. This along makes a world of difference in look.

+ All lights are Area lights each with volumetric property, this pretty much makes the lighting so much more natural in KZ, no ifs and buts.

+ The SSR in KZ even reflects smoke from grenade and covers a much wider area than C2's.

+ We've seen destructible environment in GTTV's clip, along with bouncing particles, foliage reacts to explosions and even in KZ2 there's wind physics so don't expect anything less here.

+ Without the Crysis 2 particle mod, KZ's particle effect absolutely sh&ts on C2.

+ Motion blur in C2 does not look any better than KZ's.

+ Character models in KZ are infinitely better with much higher textures, higher polycount and far better shaders. Not to mention a lot more on screen.

+ KZ has much bigger scale and more density in the level than C2

Crysis 2 is designed for current gen with some fancy effects thrown in, KZSF is full next gen launch title yet it still murders C2 on almost every level.

You don't even know what are you talking about I can point out errors in your 'buzzwords' and then the description that follows it. No one takes your word seriously here. Now where did my sig go, that was enough to show how much you know about 'GRAPHICS'.

INB4 the cherry picked 4K bullshots and compressed Crysis 2 screens. (One company released 4K bullshots the other haven't in their entire career, Oh, I wonder why!)

Oh I forgot to tell you, have fun with 2010's 570 level hardware in PS4.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#126  Edited By KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

@-Unreal- said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Shadow Fall looks a lot better. And best part is that it will be a much better game, specially online.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By lostrib

@KillzoneSnake said:

@-Unreal- said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Shadow Fall looks a lot better. And best part is that it will be a much better game, specially online.

or so you hope

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Douevenlift_bro

@gpuking said:

@-Unreal- said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

True.

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Douevenlift_bro

@lostrib said:

@KillzoneSnake said:

@-Unreal- said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

or so you hope

Outscoring crysis 7.5 won't be a tough task.. Plus Crysis 3 online is absolutely TERRIBLE.

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2139 Posts

It is i agree, Battlefield 4 can be done on current gen console so thats not next-gen, so can watchdogs which is kinda strange Forza is a stripped down P.O,S. Titanfall is a upscaled 360 game. And Killer Instinct is a flop............so yea

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Douevenlift_bro

@Syn_Valence said:

It is i agree, Battlefield 4 can be done on current gen console so thats not next-gen, so can watchdogs which is kinda strange Forza is a stripped down P.O,S. Titanfall is a upscaled 360 game. And Killer Instinct is a flop............so yea

Ouch but true.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 lostrib

@Syn_Valence said:

Battlefield 4 on current gen is much different than the Next gen/PC versions

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Douevenlift_bro

@lostrib said:

@Syn_Valence said:

Battlefield 4 on current gen is much different than the Next gen/PC versions

Thats also true ^

EXTREMELY different game.