KILLZONE= FUlly Destructable enviroments.. TAKE NOTES GEARS!!

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tcarruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 tcarruth
Member since 2005 • 926 Posts

"They are about to acheive reality"

Frankly laughable. Are you sure this isn't Sony exec speak?

miss_kitt3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 miss_kitt3n
Member since 2006 • 2717 Posts

Probably wont happen.lucas_kelly

What:? 

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts

So in the most recent news about killzone. The DEV says how EVERYTHING will be destructible in Killzone. They also say the game is coming along great and "They are about to acheive reality" Im very hyped for this game, If any of this wasnt true I highly doubt the dev would be saying this just 3 months before they are going to unveil this game to the world at E3. Now anyways back to the subject at hand.. Destructible Enviroments. I couldnt help but notice that when Killzone announced a few days ago about how everything will be destructible, the lemmings where coming in here saying stuff like "thats not a big deal, games have been having destructible enviroments since last gen" or "destructible enviroments are so last gen" lol lemmings stop with the damage control already please, your pride and joy GEARS doesnt even have destructible enviroments, Hell i own the game so i know. You can sit there and shoot a tree in gears and not even one leaf falls to the ground LOL!! I mean seriously, Gears is a very fun game. But in terms of physics and destructible enviroments.. It is lacking

Oh and by the way, I havent posted a link because most everyone already read the article already because it has been posted quite a few times, its on PSU.com though under killzone news. I just didnt feel like posting a link. 

BigBoss5777
I'm going to be honest, as long as a couple things (such as furniture and such) were destructable I never had any big problems with enviorment destructability. But hearing that Killzone is doing good with destructable enviorments is only good news.
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts

[QUOTE="lucas_kelly"]Probably wont happen.miss_kitt3n

What:? 

Your sig is hilarious :lol:.
Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
I'm really looking forward to the game but you shouldn't go saying stuff like that before we actually see gameplay. I've heard "fully destructable environments" for so many games and many had nothing but stupid preset walls and objects that break apart and dissapear.... buzz words mean nothing.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

If that's true, that's pretty damn cool.

I liked how Black and Red Faction 2 had partly destructable environments. Come to think of it, KZ does seem to replicate the same kind of intensity Black had. Of course, this is judging off a CGI trailer so we can't really be certain about anything. 

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
gears is almost a year old..... wait for Gears 2. why bash Gears? it's a great game. i just hope Killzone 2 will be even better. Let them compete with eachother, so we get the very best games possible.
michael098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 michael098
Member since 2006 • 3441 Posts

So in the most recent news about killzone. The DEV says how EVERYTHING will be destructible in Killzone. They also say the game is coming along great and "They are about to acheive reality" Im very hyped for this game, If any of this wasnt true I highly doubt the dev would be saying this just 3 months before they are going to unveil this game to the world at E3. Now anyways back to the subject at hand.. Destructible Enviroments. I couldnt help but notice that when Killzone announced a few days ago about how everything will be destructible, the lemmings where coming in here saying stuff like "thats not a big deal, games have been having destructible enviroments since last gen" or "destructible enviroments are so last gen" lol lemmings stop with the damage control already please, your pride and joy GEARS doesnt even have destructible enviroments, Hell i own the game so i know. You can sit there and shoot a tree in gears and not even one leaf falls to the ground LOL!! I mean seriously, Gears is a very fun game. But in terms of physics and destructible enviroments.. It is lacking

Oh and by the way, I havent posted a link because most everyone already read the article already because it has been posted quite a few times, its on PSU.com though under killzone news. I just didnt feel like posting a link. 

BigBoss5777
You make it sound like destructible inviroments will make it a good game, it doesnt mean anything, remember how crap killzone 1 was, if that game had distructible inviroments will it be a good game?
michael098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 michael098

BigBoss5777
...and gears is old, be fair and compare it to newer games coming out like mass effect.
Razoso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 Razoso
Member since 2006 • 761 Posts
[QUOTE="2scoopsofempty"]just like the E3 demo was in-game footage:roll:duncanvk
Wasn't it just breath taking?

Thats what she said.
michael098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 michael098

"They are about to acheive reality"

Frankly laughable. Are you sure this isn't Sony exec speak?

tcarruth
Yea lol, the cgi trailler is well off reality so unless the game looks 10 times better than that ( which is impossible) its a lie
djestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 djestar
Member since 2005 • 480 Posts
So gullable... Anyways I got fooled once by this game so i'm not going to get my hopes up again.
d-suhiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 d-suhiti
Member since 2004 • 2593 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it. Where did all the promises for KillZone 1 go??
Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Me_Ur_Daddy_
Member since 2007 • 441 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it. Its not like me to believe in someone with very little credibility right now. I'm talking about Guerrilla not BigBoss.Blackbond
guerilla made the psp killzone and it got "great" here on gamespot, so they know how to make a good game. they are using the EDGE tools last i heard and they wowed a lot of people at GDC with EDGE
Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Me_Ur_Daddy_
Member since 2007 • 441 Posts
[QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="2scoopsofempty"]just like the E3 demo was in-game footage:roll:Razoso

Thats what she said.

lol that was funny i aint heard that since like 8th grade lol
gokurocks2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#67 gokurocks2442
Member since 2004 • 3371 Posts
Big rigs vs Kill zone

Whos going to win!!!
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68 the1stmoonfly
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts
[QUOTE="2scoopsofempty"]just like the E3 demo was in-game footage:roll:duncanvk

No it was sony BS overhype that isnt being delivered. Oh and battlefield bad company has fully destructable anvironments so that aint no exclusive. Better luck next time.
boyinfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 boyinfridge
Member since 2006 • 1796 Posts

[QUOTE="BigBoss5777"][QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="2scoopsofempty"]just like the E3 demo was in-game footage:roll:2scoopsofempty

ahhhh typical lemmings. I state a fact such as Gear not having destructible enviroments whatsoever and what do they do.. THey dont try to counter me or prove me wrong they simply take the easy "bu bu bu but teh killzone at E3 was fake" lol seriously lemmings, can we have something new. We all know that was CGI lets move on and quit trying to change the subject.. NOW.. back to the subject at hand, Gears not having destructible enviroments is LAST GEN admit it already.. sheesh

battle field: bad company has full destructible environments and its coming out for 360. SHEEEEEEESH

this guy said what I was going to say so whats the big deal about killzone?

TheSpidren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 TheSpidren
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts

[QUOTE="2scoopsofempty"]just like the E3 demo was in-game footage:roll:Blinblingthing

You didn't prove anything by going off topic other than your knowledge of the topic at hand is lacking

Actually that's not off topic. If they stated that footage was ingame, when they were obviously lying, then why should we believe them this time?
mightyboosh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#71 mightyboosh13
Member since 2006 • 705 Posts

BigBoss5777
Red Faction had similar and it was quite cool. We shall see if its good or not. implemented wrong it could ruin the game off & on line.
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts

[QUOTE="2scoopsofempty"]just like the E3 demo was in-game footage:roll:Blinblingthing

You didn't prove anything by going off topic other than your knowledge of the topic at hand is lacking

Just how you are fulfilling the progression of digression by going on damage control about someone who has much further knowledge than you in one criteria of this game. About fully destructable environments... dodn't they say the same thing about Full Auto?
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

BigBoss5777
Awesome.
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts

Destructible environments only matters if your gameplay experience can be affected by it.

Here's a good bar with which to look forward: the upcoming PC FPS Crysis. This game is supposed to feature persistent fully-destructible environments. I can't gague just how physically-correct this destruction will be, but it will be critical to gameplay. Two examples. People and creatures can be killed if you fell a tree and it happens to land on them. Enemies can and will destroy buildings in which you're hiding.

twags82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 twags82
Member since 2003 • 4531 Posts

Yep, I'm sure destructible environments will help Killzone beat 9.6...:roll:

Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#76 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts

BigBoss5777
Killzone will be a BLACK ripoff. I will wait for Black 2.
chutup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#77 chutup
Member since 2005 • 7656 Posts

*goes and plays Black, shoots at destructible walls for five minutes* well that sucked.

Fact is, destructible environments are little more than a gimmick in most games. You'll get over "ZOMG I CAN SMASH TEH CRATEZ!!" in about two seconds, and then it'd better have some real gameplay to go with it.

Destructible environments = graphics, not gameplay. 

Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts

A lot of games don't have destructible environments, why are you singling out Gears of War? Aside from that whats wrong with the physics in Gears? I've seen some impressive grenade throws pulled of when people use the right trajectory. Since the characters don't jump, and the environments don't move there isn't much else you can do with physics, but what it has works almost perfectly. If you had just mentioned Kill Zone's destructible environments this would have been a decent post, but since you decided to single out and rag on one game for not having a feature many game slack, this is just another trolling . Go back under your bridge.

On a side-note...... Damn Gears would have been the ultimate if it did have destructible environments....Man that would kick ass.

On another note. Battlefield: Bad Company. there 360 has a game with your prection destructible environments, happy? May we continue to exist master?

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#79 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

BigBoss5777
You're reaching. Show me someone who doesn't have a stake in hyping the game talking about how awesome it is. There is no objective info about the game currently. Turn off your conjecture machine... it's on overload.
Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Michael85
Member since 2005 • 3971 Posts
Geurilla's development history: ShellShock: Nam '67 - 5.4 http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/shellshocknam67/index.html Killzone - 6.9 http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/killzone/index.html Killzone Liberation - 8.3 http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/killzoneliberation/index.html Don't get your hopes up, cows.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Still empty promises at this point.

At least with Battlefield Bad Company we've seen it in action. Which looks awesome to say the least. If Killzone2 does indeed have fully destructibe environments then that's cool...but that won't help it if the game itself isn't fun to play (Based off of Killzone 1).

luvbeers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 luvbeers
Member since 2004 • 438 Posts
when is killzone 2 released?
dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts
[QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="2scoopsofempty"]just like the E3 demo was in-game footage:roll:BigBoss5777

ahhhh typical lemmings. I state a fact such as Gear not having destructible enviroments whatsoever and what do they do.. THey dont try to counter me or prove me wrong they simply take the easy "bu bu bu but teh killzone at E3 was fake" lol seriously lemmings, can we have something new. We all know that was CGI lets move on and quit trying to change the subject.. NOW.. back to the subject at hand, Gears not having destructible enviroments is LAST GEN admit it already.. sheesh

Which weapon in Gears would be capable of "destroying an envirroment", I don't think a boomshot is taking a brick wall down. I'll be buying Killzone, but if it is half as good as Gears I will be very impressed.
Avatar image for danielsmith2020
danielsmith2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 danielsmith2020
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts
[QUOTE="Michael85"]Geurilla's development history: ShellShock: Nam '67 - 5.4 http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/shellshocknam67/index.html Killzone - 6.9 http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/killzone/index.html Killzone Liberation - 8.3 http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/killzoneliberation/index.html Don't get your hopes up, cows.

well from that trend each Geurilla's game goes up by 1.4 in review mark so with that trend in mind does that mean that Killzone on the ps3 gets a 9.7?
buuzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 buuzer0
Member since 2005 • 3792 Posts
Woah, Killzone is out!? Stop the presses! By the way "Black" was supposed to have "fully destructable environments!!1!" if I'm not mistaken...
luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts
Didn't they claim that about MGS4, but then they went back on themselves?
Evo310whp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Evo310whp
Member since 2006 • 3206 Posts

*goes to find a copy of Red Faction*foxhound_fox

lol exactly.

luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts
[QUOTE="danielsmith2020"][QUOTE="Michael85"]Geurilla's development history: ShellShock: Nam '67 - 5.4 http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/shellshocknam67/index.html Killzone - 6.9 http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/killzone/index.html Killzone Liberation - 8.3 http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/killzoneliberation/index.html Don't get your hopes up, cows.

well from that trend each Geurilla's game goes up by 1.4 in review mark so with that trend in mind does that mean that Killzone on the ps3 gets a 9.7?

On a quick mathematical note, 5.4 + 1.4 = 6.8. :oops:
Tatimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Tatimus
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts
I read the title of this thread as "Killzone = 100% garbage" and thats even with my rose-colored glasses on.
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 tango90101
Member since 2006 • 5977 Posts

[QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="2scoopsofempty"]just like the E3 demo was in-game footage:roll:BigBoss5777

what happens to the abandonded cars in the game when you shoot them in Gears?

yup....destructable....

maybe you need to know what gears has before babbling about it....

once killzone shows the level of graphics as gears then you can brag, but even Red Faction from years ago had destructible environments and isn't even in the same league as gears....

Mass_Effect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Mass_Effect
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts
BLACK concentrated too much on destructible environments, so the overall game was bland after the initial amazement of the destruction passed
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

Still empty promises at this point.

At least with Battlefield Bad Company we've seen it in action. Which looks awesome to say the least. If Killzone2 does indeed have fully destructibe environments then that's cool...but that won't help it if the game itself isn't fun to play (Based off of Killzone 1).

Puckhog04
so far most of the hype has been towards the game's graphics and attention to detail...i havent seen one person mention they're excited or alteast wondering about its gameplay.
cheezisgoooood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#93 cheezisgoooood
Member since 2004 • 6130 Posts
If I had a nickel for every time a developer told me I could destroy everything in the game...