KILLZONE= FUlly Destructable enviroments.. TAKE NOTES GEARS!!

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BigBoss5777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BigBoss5777
Member since 2006 • 569 Posts

So in the most recent news about killzone. The DEV says how EVERYTHING will be destructible in Killzone. They also say the game is coming along great and "They are about to acheive reality" Im very hyped for this game, If any of this wasnt true I highly doubt the dev would be saying this just 3 months before they are going to unveil this game to the world at E3. Now anyways back to the subject at hand.. Destructible Enviroments. I couldnt help but notice that when Killzone announced a few days ago about how everything will be destructible, the lemmings where coming in here saying stuff like "thats not a big deal, games have been having destructible enviroments since last gen" or "destructible enviroments are so last gen" lol lemmings stop with the damage control already please, your pride and joy GEARS doesnt even have destructible enviroments, Hell i own the game so i know. You can sit there and shoot a tree in gears and not even one leaf falls to the ground LOL!! I mean seriously, Gears is a very fun game. But in terms of physics and destructible enviroments.. It is lacking

Oh and by the way, I havent posted a link because most everyone already read the article already because it has been posted quite a few times, its on PSU.com though under killzone news. I just didnt feel like posting a link. 

2scoopsofempty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 2scoopsofempty
Member since 2005 • 923 Posts
just like the E3 demo was in-game footage:roll:
Avatar image for deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
Member since 2004 • 2626 Posts
just like the E3 demo was in-game footage:roll:2scoopsofempty
Wasn't it just breath taking?
ironwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ironwarrior2
Member since 2006 • 2590 Posts
teh halo 3 killa
mutenpika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mutenpika
Member since 2004 • 2940 Posts
I've never seen anything with the amount of destructability that Hexen II offered back in the Quake 1 era. I think we should at least try to equal that...
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
*goes to find a copy of Red Faction*
Davis092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Davis092
Member since 2006 • 1449 Posts
teh halo 3 killaironwarrior2
Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Blinblingthing
Member since 2005 • 6943 Posts

just like the E3 demo was in-game footage:roll:2scoopsofempty

You didn't prove anything by going off topic other than your knowledge of the topic at hand is lacking

Hater3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hater3000
Member since 2007 • 2310 Posts
Shoop da whoop!!!!.
xxxWigginsxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xxxWigginsxxx
Member since 2005 • 1181 Posts

So in the most recent news about killzone. The DEV says how EVERYTHING will be destructible in Killzone. They also say the game is coming along great and "They are about to acheive reality" Im very hyped for this game, If any of this wasnt true I highly doubt the dev would be saying this just 3 months before they are going to unveil this game to the world at E3. Now anyways back to the subject at hand.. Destructible Enviroments. I couldnt help but notice that when Killzone announced a few days ago about how everything will be destructible, the lemmings where coming in here saying stuff like "thats not a big deal, games have been having destructible enviroments since last gen" or "destructible enviroments are so last gen" lol lemmings stop with the damage control already please, your pride and joy GEARS doesnt even have destructible enviroments, Hell i own the game so i know. You can sit there and shoot a tree in gears and not even one leaf falls to the ground LOL!! I mean seriously, Gears is a very fun game. But in terms of physics and destructible enviroments.. It is lacking

Oh and by the way, I havent posted a link because most everyone already read the article already because it has been posted quite a few times, its on PSU.com though under killzone news. I just didnt feel like posting a link. 

BigBoss5777

Maybe because there werent aiming for that? Just becasue killzone will have destructable enviorments, doesnt mean a 360 game won't or cant.... gees people brag about the dumbest things to bash other games or consoles, just be happy we get to play these games and stop nit picking about what a certain game has or doesnt have.

BigBoss5777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BigBoss5777
Member since 2006 • 569 Posts
[QUOTE="2scoopsofempty"]just like the E3 demo was in-game footage:roll:duncanvk

ahhhh typical lemmings. I state a fact such as Gear not having destructible enviroments whatsoever and what do they do.. THey dont try to counter me or prove me wrong they simply take the easy "bu bu bu but teh killzone at E3 was fake" lol seriously lemmings, can we have something new. We all know that was CGI lets move on and quit trying to change the subject.. NOW.. back to the subject at hand, Gears not having destructible enviroments is LAST GEN admit it already.. sheesh
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it. Its not like me to believe in someone with very little credibility right now. I'm talking about Guerrilla not BigBoss.
2scoopsofempty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 2scoopsofempty

I've never seen anything with the amount of destructability that Hexen II offered back in the Quake 1 era. I think we should at least try to equal that...mutenpika

i know this is a PC RTS game. but company of heroes has some pretty amazing distructable environments

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

WHY DID YOU MAKE THIS TOPIC?!?!?! let the games come out and speak for themselves, how many more let downs do you people want, I like my PS3, but hyping is pointless.

renger6002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 renger6002
Member since 2004 • 4481 Posts
but will it be in 4d?
2scoopsofempty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 2scoopsofempty

[QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="2scoopsofempty"]just like the E3 demo was in-game footage:roll:BigBoss5777

ahhhh typical lemmings. I state a fact such as Gear not having destructible enviroments whatsoever and what do they do.. THey dont try to counter me or prove me wrong they simply take the easy "bu bu bu but teh killzone at E3 was fake" lol seriously lemmings, can we have something new. We all know that was CGI lets move on and quit trying to change the subject.. NOW.. back to the subject at hand, Gears not having destructible enviroments is LAST GEN admit it already.. sheesh

battle field: bad company has full destructible environments and its coming out for 360. SHEEEEEEESH

Davis092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Davis092
Member since 2006 • 1449 Posts
but will it be in 4d?renger6002
2432543232432D! :o
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Blackbond

[QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="2scoopsofempty"]just like the E3 demo was in-game footage:roll:BigBoss5777

So how do you feel about paying $600 for RFOM when its your only good game worth owning and its also a last gen game? 

bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 bman784
Member since 2004 • 6755 Posts
Someone please remind me why this game is getting hyped:| The only thing there is to go off of is a mediocre first game and a trailer that was confirmed to be fake. I'm perplexed:?
lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lucas_kelly
Member since 2005 • 5783 Posts
Probably wont happen.
taker42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 taker42
Member since 2007 • 1614 Posts

[QUOTE="BigBoss5777"][QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="2scoopsofempty"]just like the E3 demo was in-game footage:roll:Blackbond

So how do you feel about paying $600 for RFOM when its your only good game worth owning and its also a last gen game? 

Some people are just masters of self-ownage :lol:
Mudig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Mudig
Member since 2007 • 1567 Posts
If Killzone 2 will be fully destructable then that gives even more reason why it won't look anything like the E3 cgi trailer.
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 InfamousC
Member since 2006 • 2389 Posts

WHY DID YOU MAKE THIS TOPIC?!?!?! let the games come out and speak for themselves, how many more let downs do you people want, I like my PS3, but hyping is pointless.

Kahuna_1

I  have to agree with this one. I am not hyping any game until i see them for myself.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts
Red Faction had destructible environments. And it's a 2xLast gen game
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
[QUOTE="BigBoss5777"]

xxxWigginsxxx

Maybe because there werent aiming for that? Just becasue killzone will have destructable enviorments, doesnt mean a 360 game won't or cant.... gees people brag about the dumbest things to bash other games or consoles, just be happy we get to play these games and stop nit picking about what a certain game has or doesnt have.

But you can't deny that it would be a nice addition to be put in the game. I love knowing a pillar I'm behind won't deteriorate, or a slab of dry wall and roadblocks... unless it's a couch or furniture nothing else did break off and for a game about stop and pop, having to worry about my cover breaking would add to the game...
Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Japanese_Monk
Member since 2006 • 1412 Posts
I would like destructible environments in all my games. well, most. Especially Gears.
Mudig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Mudig
Member since 2007 • 1567 Posts
Red Faction had destructible environments. And it's a 2xLast gen gameMystery_Writer
Red Faction was great. You were able to make a new passage way with your rocket launcher and a wall.
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#28 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
there's also a multiplat with better graphics which has fully destructible environments: battlefield bad company. anyways, what would be the point of everything destructible in gears? it's a cover-based game: if you can't actually depend on cover, the game is a hypocrite to itself.
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
there's also a multiplat with better graphics which has fully destructible environments: battlefield bad company. anyways, what would be the point of everything destructible in gears? it's a cover-based game: if you can't actually depend on cover, the game is a hypocrite to itself.paullywog
No, it's a hypocrit of a game to have cover that's invincible. You mean to tell me explosions, boomshots, and heavy gun fire WOULDN'T break off a roadblock, wall, or pillar? Come now... do not even tell me you were serious with that statement. Having the cover break off would only add to the sense of immersion in the game, and the sense of thrills. I love how the A.I. does nothing but fire at me, while behind cover, hoping that they'd break off my cover
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

I would like destructible environments in all my games. well, most. Especially Gears.Japanese_Monk

maybe in gears 2, but there was no one way for them to use destructible environments because the framerate would have died, unless they reduced the amount of enemies on the screen to about 2-3, gears pushed the gpu, but not as much cpu

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

[QUOTE="BigBoss5777"][QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="2scoopsofempty"]just like the E3 demo was in-game footage:roll:taker42

Some people are just masters of self-ownage :lol:

Awaiting for BigBoss5777's reply 

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#32 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

BigBoss5777
Fully destructable environments are nothing new to games. Have you ever played either of the Red Faction games? It's pointless in a game unless it contributes to something with the gameplay. Hopefully Killzone can pull this off. Don't get yourself to hyped up about it though bud. You might just be left hurting when it doesn't quite get to where you wanted it. Set your expectations low so you have room for the game to surpass them. Even when you do take this advice, most of the time you will be disappointed anyways. Remember Killzone 1?
coonana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 coonana
Member since 2003 • 5909 Posts

Sigh Sony and MS fans fighting over "teh graphixerz." Ever notice Killzone doesnt seem to be any different than any FPS we havent seen before. At least Gears of War standardized and fixed alot of issues with TPS genre. Ya it didnt do anything out of the ordinary but it did something for the genre.

Start thinking outside the box you guys!!! Look for games that add something new. it does not always have to be about the physics and graphics.

MC2K8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MC2K8
Member since 2007 • 319 Posts
I'm looking forward to Killzone for PS3, you guys.  I think the game is really going to make people want a PS3 that don't have one already.  And, I don't think this one will be losing its exclusivity.
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bgrngod
[QUOTE="paullywog"]there's also a multiplat with better graphics which has fully destructible environments: battlefield bad company. anyways, what would be the point of everything destructible in gears? it's a cover-based game: if you can't actually depend on cover, the game is a hypocrite to itself.yoshi_64
No, it's a hypocrit of a game to have cover that's invincible. You mean to tell me explosions, boomshots, and heavy gun fire WOULDN'T break off a roadblock, wall, or pillar? Come now... do not even tell me you were serious with that statement. Having the cover break off would only add to the sense of immersion in the game, and the sense of thrills. I love how the A.I. does nothing but fire at me, while behind cover, hoping that they'd break off my cover

Wiow, that is a pretty desperate attempt to try and slam Gears.... it got voted game of the year by a lot of publications etc. And it was a blast to play despite what you are saying about it. Since when do video games have to be realistic "simulaters"? They are supposed to be fun. Destructable environments might have cause the gameplay to go a different way then the devs wanted it to in Gears. Maybe the Killzone2 gameplay with be wrapped up in it and do it really well. As long as they are both a blast it doesn't freakin matter.
Sagacious_Tien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#36 Sagacious_Tien
Member since 2005 • 12562 Posts
No matter how pretty or how destructive it can be, the gameplay will still not be the best.
Harbadakus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Harbadakus
Member since 2005 • 5474 Posts

I state a fact such as Gear not having destructible enviroments whatsoever

There are 'destructible environments' in Geow, only in about 5-6 places though.
Tasman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Tasman_basic
Member since 2002 • 3255 Posts
[QUOTE="2scoopsofempty"]just like the E3 demo was in-game footage:roll:duncanvk

I know and that was 2 years ago imagen what it is now!
ironwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ironwarrior2
Member since 2006 • 2590 Posts

[QUOTE="BigBoss5777"][QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="2scoopsofempty"]just like the E3 demo was in-game footage:roll:Harbadakus

Yeah, you could destroy the chairs and tables and stuff.....lol

Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Blinblingthing
[QUOTE="BigBoss5777"]

xxxWigginsxxx

Well the Big thing at SW is that Graphics are a Must this gen. If KZ2 looks better than GeOW AND has destructable environments then isn't that ownage.

Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Blinblingthing

No matter how pretty or how destructive it can be, the gameplay will still not be the best.Sagacious_Tien

The PSP KZ game was AA so I have hope for the PS3 version

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Bgrngod

Well the Big thing at SW is that Graphics are a Must this gen. If KZ2 looks better than GeOW AND has destructable environments then isn't that ownage.

Blinblingthing
Not if the gameplay sucks @#$%.
rwbojorquez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rwbojorquez
Member since 2003 • 1031 Posts
Take note Killzone first game in series not a flop
Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Blinblingthing
[QUOTE="Blinblingthing"]

Bgrngod

PSP version got AA. Is it wrong to expect more of PS3

Avatar image for reservoir_doggy
reservoir_doggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 reservoir_doggy
Member since 2006 • 4054 Posts
ANy game can NOT have somthing. Its all about what the game DOES have
bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bman784
Member since 2004 • 6755 Posts
[QUOTE="Bgrngod"][QUOTE="Blinblingthing"]

Blinblingthing

PSP version got AA. Is it wrong to expect more of PS3

An over the top shooting PSP game doesn't exactly translate into a first person shooter on an advanced console.
Harbadakus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Harbadakus
Member since 2005 • 5474 Posts

[QUOTE="Harbadakus"][QUOTE="BigBoss5777"][QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="2scoopsofempty"]just like the E3 demo was in-game footage:roll:ironwarrior2

Yeah, you could destroy the chairs and tables and stuff.....lol

Not talking about that. I was referring to the few occasions where you blow up half a pillar to make it fall on enemies. (in some cases a concrete slab or big rock)
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
*goes to find a copy of Red Faction*foxhound_fox
I like to buy that game..
Avatar image for supermechakirby
supermechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 supermechakirby
Member since 2003 • 10677 Posts
Go Play Red Faction...
wiistation360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 wiistation360
Member since 2006 • 4209 Posts

BigBoss5777

including the clouds?