Killzone 4 Launching on Playstation 4 Releasing 2013!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"]

[QUOTE="killzowned24"] killzowned24

If it was dynamic like Red Faction Guerilla (One of a kind) Then the whole pillar (Or whatever that is) Would have collapsed just like in real life. The destruction has physics,its nothing like BF where its the same every time.
Also, If it had any physics then everything surrounding it would have took effect but it seems to doesn't. 

The pillars are made out of steel with concrete covering the front.

And why didn't the surrounding took effect? 

brofists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 brofists
Member since 2011 • 2120 Posts
Also, Killzone 2, along with StarHawk, offer up the greatest multi player gaming of this gen! Anyway, Killzone has such amazing gun play mechanics! I would like for Guerrila Games to focus a lot more on the gun play of Killzone. Just to have a lot more intense and visceral gun battles in that awesome Killzone fashion, but built for a next gen! Killzone 2 and 3 are already amazing games as it is, But if there were some improvements to be made, that could make it even better, then here is what I would hope to see:) And epecially since it will be for a next gen, I feel they should do things bigger then ever before:) Firstly, F@ck the call of duty, halo, and gears players who were complaining about Killzone's controls! Which it is funny that any Gears players would complain when Gears is a clunky and unresposive mess with tank like controls! Ignore them Guerrila games! Most of them are trolls anyway! Killzone had awesome, and unqiue controls which added greatly to the experience There was real weight to movement and guns. Firing a bullet off in Killzone was an amazing FPS sensation! That is what made Killzone Killzone! I would like to see something similar to the weight and controls of Killzone 2, but refine it as much as possible, and make it as best as you can with all the new next gen power and features! Also, please flesh out all the interesting back lore of the Killzone universe. There is so much potential there! I know you can do it! Lastly, I would like to see level design improved even more so, so that the amazing gun play mechanics can really shine through in epic gun battles that take advantage of interesting levels. I also want lots more destructive environments! I would be happy with just those improvements alone! If GG went above that, then that would be...I cant even describe how awesome that would truly be in fact! I loved Killzone 2 and 3 so I know Killzone 4 is going to be good no matter what! Guerrila Games are an under rated developer. They are right up there with the best! Sucker Punch is amazing! Of course Naughty Dog is number 1, and not only are they #1 of Sony's first parties, but Naughty Dog is the #1 best developer in the whole industry period. Then Santa Monica is behind Naughty Dog. Santa Monica is top tier! All of Sony's first part studios are pretty damn amazing I cant wait for Killzone 4, and I cant wait for more playstation exclusives(sequels to the games I love and new ips)from Sony's stellar fisrt party studios! We have the industry best Naughty Dog leading the way! The PS4 is going to be amazing! Im buying it day one! No way im missing out on superior playstation exclusives!
brofists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 brofists
Member since 2011 • 2120 Posts
Who who else wishes there was a vote feature to vote down all the pathetic lemmings trolling playstation threads 24/7?
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

[QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="faizan_faizan"]If it was dynamic like Red Faction Guerilla (One of a kind) Then the whole pillar (Or whatever that is) Would have collapsed just like in real life. The destruction has physics,its nothing like BF where its the same every time.
Also, If it had any physics then everything surrounding it would have took effect but it seems to doesn't. 

faizan_faizan

The pillars are made out of steel with concrete covering the front.

The back wall does take some effect.maybe the pillars were made weaker cuz it looks cool I dunno :P in this you can see it being chipped piece by piece and those parts do have physics.

iMGbNivTUP9Rh.gif

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

[QUOTE="killzowned24"] The destruction has physics,its nothing like BF where its the same every time.faizan_faizan

If it was dynamic like Red Faction Guerilla (One of a kind) Then the whole pillar (Or whatever that is) Would have collapsed just like in real life. The destruction has physics,its nothing like BF where its the same every time.
(One more thing, I suck at quoting.) 

Could you imagine if every game had the Red Faction Guerilla's physics system?

That would multiply replay value of ANY game by 1000x.

I wish Volition would license it out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
Member since 2012 • 1917 Posts

OMG a new KillZone?! WEEEEEEE. 

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#207 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"]

[QUOTE="killzowned24"] The pillars are made out of steel with concrete covering the front.killzowned24

The back wall does take some effect.maybe the pillars were made weaker cuz it looks cool I dunno :P in this you can see it being chipped piece by piece and those parts do have physics.

iMGbNivTUP9Rh.gif

Killzone 2's destruction is pointless since it didn't add much to the game and is mostly cosmetic, rarely did it feel needed, like in the 1st mission where you blow up that bridge and the walls that tower down on enemies, that's destruction done right even if scripted, but what does shooting a wall and pillar prove? Then again it looks cool I guess.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#208 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

This could be their big announcement for the 20th.

Can't wait to see KZ4, loved the previous 2

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#209 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

Lamezone.

Can we get a new shooter with a different playstyle? I don't much care for the gameplay of spunkgargleweewee

brofists

That is rich coming from you, the xbot troll! The same xbot troll who plays dull and repetitive Tears of War borefests and HaNO 360 "games" (Halo and Gears do not even have the right to be called games. Their campaigns are 5 hours of tediem! Just scripted, overly repetitive, and poorly done shooting segments -one after another until ad nasuem occurs-all wrapped up in horrendous stories. At least Killzone gets the gun play right) Yeah, your opinion is and will forver be irrelavant Its not like you have played a Killzone game and were excitied for a new Killzone either You are just here to troll, that much is obvious, so its like GTFO troll! That just goes to show how pathetic you and xbot trolls like you are! But then again, that says a lot, that you xbots would rather talk about superior playstation exclusives then talk about your lackluster and dull 360 exclusives! Playstation: causing meltdowns in the chemically deficient brains of xbots since day one!

:lol:

Have you played halo 4's campaign.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#210 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts
Who who else wishes there was a vote feature to vote down all the pathetic lemmings trolling playstation threads 24/7?brofists
i wish there was a way to vote down your horrible posts like you want to do to people who disagree with you. defo past your bedtime brofists. /inb4 mad rant that takes up a page.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#211 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="brofists"]Who who else wishes there was a vote feature to vote down all the pathetic lemmings trolling playstation threads 24/7?razgriz_101
i wish there was a way to vote down your horrible posts like you want to do to people who disagree with you. defo past your bedtime brofists. /inb4 mad rant that takes up a page.

Can't wait for that.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 faizan_faizan

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"]

[QUOTE="killzowned24"] The pillars are made out of steel with concrete covering the front.killzowned24

iMGbNivTUP9Rh.if

Well it still doesn't look dynamic,
Oh yes definitely it looks great, Guerilla knows what the people want to see, And they also balance everything.
This is on a level of satisfactory, Not perfection, Perfection would be Either Original Crysis's Destruction or Red Faction Guerilla, But having that kind of destruction in almost every game is unnecessary and pointless, Therefore we haven't seen games with destruction such dynamic as RFG's.
meatgrinderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 meatgrinderz
Member since 2010 • 1329 Posts

another edition of the halo killer? LOL fLOPZONE

meatgrinderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 meatgrinderz
Member since 2010 • 1329 Posts

another edition of the halo killer? LOL fLOPZONE

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19600 Posts
A whole gen later, and Sony still can't manage to get a hold of any of the good shooter franchises? :|
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"]

mitu123

iMGbNivTUP9Rh.gif

Killzone 2's destruction is pointless since it didn't add much to the game and is mostly cosmetic, rarely did it feel needed, like in the 1st mission where you blow up that bridge and the walls that tower down on enemies, that's destruction done right even if scripted, but what does shooting a wall and pillar prove? Then again it looks cool I guess.

One word. Immersion. Killzone 2 was an amazing game. I have better memories of Killzone 2 then pretty much any other FPS this gen.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="HaloinventedFPS"]

Pictures are not fair for this comparrison, the flawless animations in the CG trailer were what really impressed people, the actual game looked no where near as good in motion

faizan_faizan
WTF? The game looked better than that trailer. It has more SFX and more is happening on screen. People who say the trailer looks better have to be blind.

Nope, I watched the CG and KZ2 Gameplay and no sh1t the CG looks CG and Gameplay looks gameplay, CG looks like as if it's on a whole another level compared to Gameplay, The fire, The animations, The facial animations everything makes up for a complete and perfect footage, That is wrong however, No game is perfect and Guerrilla nearly killed themselves by doing this.

The only thing that looks better in the trailer are the character animations. The rest looks pretty bland in comparison to the game.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 kuraimen

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"]

mitu123

iMGbNivTUP9Rh.gif

So graphics, textures, etc in games are pointless? I swear people come up with the most moronic reasons to bash ps3 games. :roll:
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 faizan_faizan

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] WTF? The game looked better than that trailer. It has more SFX and more is happening on screen. People who say the trailer looks better have to be blind.kuraimen
Nope, I watched the CG and KZ2 Gameplay and no sh1t the CG looks CG and Gameplay looks gameplay, CG looks like as if it's on a whole another level compared to Gameplay, The fire, The animations, The facial animations everything makes up for a complete and perfect footage, That is wrong however, No game is perfect and Guerrilla nearly killed themselves by doing this.

The only thing that looks better in the trailer are the character animations. The rest looks pretty bland in comparison to the game.

Nope, Fire is one of the most noticeable things, Overall CG owns Gameplay.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
They should have moved on to another new franchise.
ImBatman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 ImBatman-
Member since 2013 • 1279 Posts

Who who else wishes there was a vote feature to vote down all the pathetic lemmings trolling playstation threads 24/7?brofists
When they have no games to talk about for their console they have to go bash games from other consoles.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#222 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

The best gunplay ever returns!  Dem graphics/animation/art/space nazi's/Rico **** up sh!t on PS4

celebrate.gif

I said i'd get Ps4 at launch if this happened, looks like that's what i'm gonna do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Man, it's sickening how bad a rep Killzone gets.  I know why it does, because no one thinks, but it's still annoying.  The single player is ****'ing brilliant. 

The first Killzone at the time had unmatched gunplay (it still holds up on the trilogy) and so does Killzone 3.  These games are single player focused, they have perfect pacing, they push the graphics envelope, it doesn't take itself seriously (writing and characters are over the top, done so it's so bad it's good) - let's get one thing straight, that's what shooting games should do.  You don't want to be told the origin of the universe when you're blasting everything sky high - they are NOT Multiplayer focused, they just shoveled that in for you CoD nuts out there.  Halo and Gears were the only good variety in MP this generation anyways.

Also, it seems like most people only played Killzone 2, if they played any.  Killzone 2 actually does suck, as a game, but it was mostly there as the Ps3's graphical showcase anyways.  And a foundation for Guerrilla.

I can't wait for Killzone 4, I just hope my head doesn't explode from the showcase.

OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

Can't wait to see what GG does with Killzone 4.I love me some Killzone,even the multiplayer and I don't usually bother with it that much in games.Best gunfire feedback in any game I've played.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="killzowned24"] The back wall does take some effect.maybe the pillars were made weaker cuz it looks cool I dunno :P in this you can see it being chipped piece by piece and those parts do have physics.

iMGbNivTUP9Rh.gif

kuraimen

So graphics, textures, etc in games are pointless? I swear people come up with the most moronic reasons to bash ps3 games. :roll:

Lol, how did you get that out of my post? I'm talking about scripted physics that add nothing to the game, what does that have to do with graphics like textures and such for looks? Do scripted events impress you or something?

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="killzowned24"] The back wall does take some effect.maybe the pillars were made weaker cuz it looks cool I dunno :P in this you can see it being chipped piece by piece and those parts do have physics.

iMGbNivTUP9Rh.gif

Eddie-Vedder

One word. Immersion. Killzone 2 was an amazing game. I have better memories of Killzone 2 then pretty much any other FPS this gen.

How many FPSs do you play?

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="mitu123"] Killzone 2's destruction is pointless since it didn't add much to the game and is mostly cosmetic, rarely did it feel needed, like in the 1st mission where you blow up that bridge and the walls that tower down on enemies, that's destruction done right even if scripted, but what does shooting a wall and pillar prove? Then again it looks cool I guess.

mitu123

Lol, how did you get that out of my post? I'm talking about scripted physics that add nothing to the game, what does that have to do with graphics like textures and such for looks? Do scripted events impress you or something?

What is your argument to say that it "adds nothing to the game". Is immersion nothing? then that means that textures add nothing to the game since textures are there just to make the game more realist and provides more immersion like environment destruction does. You could have bland one color walls with the same gameplay. So what exactly is your reasoning behind thinking it "adds nothing"?

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] So graphics, textures, etc in games are pointless? I swear people come up with the most moronic reasons to bash ps3 games. :roll:kuraimen

What is your argument to say that it "adds nothing to the game". Is immersion nothing? then that means that textures add nothing to the game since textures are there just to make the game more realist and provides more immersion like environment destruction does. You could have bland one color walls with the same gameplay. So what exactly is your reasoning behind thinks it "adds nothing"?

What does scripted physics add anyway? To prove that you can waste resources on something so cosmetic that it has no affect on gameplay, immersion or anything else. It's not like Battlefield and Red Faction where destruction matters and even alters the gameplay for better immersion. Instead Killzone 2 went for scripted physics to show off "destruction" even though it's tame. Like anyone would seriously shoot a pillar for the hell of it. "Oh look, the pillar is about destroyed, but hey, it's still fine and in one piece so it doesn't matter if it gets shot up or not." Like shooting a pillar is so immersive... I said it looked cool and I don't mind it, but it still adds nothing to the game.

Graphics add to the game because you are looking at it and shows what the PS3 is capable of. Scripted destruction that's cosmetic doesn't even matter if it has no effect on the game anyways, it's just nice looking, that's all. If it was dynamic then it would had been far more immersive because it shows the power of the PS3 and the fact it's actually rendered with real physics in mind which is far more impressive than pre-determined scripted physics anyways and then maybe it would matter for not only immersion but gameplay as well.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 kuraimen
has no affect on... immersion or anything else.mitu123
Prove this. I agree cosmetic destruction has no effect on gameplay (although it adds as a distraction like any good warzone is plagued with) but for immersion? Any person with a pair of eyes gets more immersed in a battle environment if things actually get destroyed when you shoot at them. Again your argument is pretty lousy.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]has no affect on... immersion or anything else.kuraimen
Prove this. I agree cosmetic destruction has no effect on gameplay (although it adds as a distraction like any good warzone is plagued with) but for immersion? Any person with a pair of eyes gets more immersed in a battle environment if things actually get destroyed when you shoot at them. Again your argument is pretty lousy.

:lol:Why does it even matter? Are you immersed by things that don't happen in real time, they're not even real time physics or else that would mess up the PS3, they don't move randomly as it's always the same spot. So people are impressed by scripted destruction and barebones kind for that matter? Wow. "I destroyed a pillar, whoa, it's like I'm in a warzone, even though it doesn't matter it looks so cool!" Call me when Killzone gets better destruction and non scripted ones too, then I'll be impressed for once.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="mitu123"]has no affect on... immersion or anything else.mitu123

:lol:Why does it even matter? Are you immersed by things that don't happen in real time, they're not even real time physics or else that would mess up the PS3, they don't move randomly as it's always the same spot. So people are impressed by scripted destruction and barebones kind for that matter? Wow. "I destroyed a pillar, whoa, it's like I'm in a warzone, even though it doesn't matter it looks so cool!" Call me when Killzone gets better destruction and non scripted ones too, then I'll be impressed for once.

Unless everytime you play you shoot at the same things and on the same rate then you'll hardly see the same destruction over and over. What does it matter if something is scripted if the effect adds immersion? You don't need to know what's going on underneath the cover to experience something. Really stop nitpicking just to whine about PS3 games this is the lamest complain ever if I've seen any.
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

kuraimen

The reading is strong with this one. :roll:

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="mitu123"]

StrongDeadlift

Pot meets kettle
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="mitu123"]

StrongDeadlift

I was extrapolating his reasoning to other stuff like graphics and textures. If he thinks cosmetic environment destruction is unnecessary for a game then it follows that he thinks graphics and textures are also unnecessary since all their purpose is to create immersion which is exactly the purpose cosmetic environment destruction has.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 deactivated-57d8401f17c55

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="mitu123"]has no affect on... immersion or anything else.mitu123

e16.jpg

First of all, most Physics in games are scripted.  You **** moron.  It has the same impact if it wasn't, something is getting destroyed, and something is changing either way, real time or not.  You may as well call all older games that do things as having no immersion while you're at it.  Yep, every game ever made. 

What you're really saying is "Lol Ps3, look at what mah PC *could* do, or I think it could do. lol did I mention I paid for my PC and built it myself lol you wish you could do that, why don't you get a PC come on man get dat Mouse and Keyboard lol gaming trash"  Since you mentioned battlefield and red faction, i'll point out that those are both scripted games.  Second, here's a scenario from Killzone 3.

Near the start of the game, you can grab a minigun.  Going into a two story building, there are a lot of windows and glass plates serperating the room, and you have like 10 enemies in there.  They're all shooting, throwing grenades as you take cover, shooting - all while this is going on, the glass is shattering, you see all the smoke trails from rockets and grenades, pillars are crumbling, the water on the floor is swishing - the point is, what if none of this happened and the environment was static?  Wouldn't that make you less immersed?

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Man, it's sickening how bad a rep Killzone gets.  I know why it does, because no one thinks, but it's still annoying.  The single player is ****'ing brilliant. 

The first Killzone at the time had unmatched gunplay (it still holds up on the trilogy) and so does Killzone 3.  These games are single player focused, they have perfect pacing, they push the graphics envelope, it doesn't take itself seriously (writing and characters are over the top, done so it's so bad it's good) - let's get one thing straight, that's what shooting games should do.  You don't want to be told the origin of the universe when you're blasting everything sky high - they are NOT Multiplayer focused, they just shoveled that in for you CoD nuts out there.  Halo and Gears were the only good variety in MP this generation anyways.

Also, it seems like most people only played Killzone 2, if they played any.  Killzone 2 actually does suck, as a game, but it was mostly there as the Ps3's graphical showcase anyways.  And a foundation for Guerrilla.

I can't wait for Killzone 4, I just hope my head doesn't explode from the showcase.

Chozofication
lolololololololol
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] Prove this. I agree cosmetic destruction has no effect on gameplay (although it adds as a distraction like any good warzone is plagued with) but for immersion? Any person with a pair of eyes gets more immersed in a battle environment if things actually get destroyed when you shoot at them. Again your argument is pretty lousy.kuraimen

Unless everytime you play you shoot at the same things and on the same rate then you'll hardly see the same destruction over and over. What does it matter if something is scripted if the effect adds immersion? You don't need to know what's going on underneath the cover to experience something. Really stop nitpicking just to whine about PS3 games this is the lamest complain ever if I've seen any.

But making fun of the PS3 is fun!

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] Prove this. I agree cosmetic destruction has no effect on gameplay (although it adds as a distraction like any good warzone is plagued with) but for immersion? Any person with a pair of eyes gets more immersed in a battle environment if things actually get destroyed when you shoot at them. Again your argument is pretty lousy.Chozofication

e16.jpg

First of all, most Physics in games are scripted.  You **** moron.  It has the same impact if it wasn't, something is getting destroyed, and something is changing either way, real time or not.  You may as well call all older games that do things as having no immersion while you're at it.  Yep, every game ever made. 

What you're really saying is "Lol Ps3, look at what mah PC *could* do, or I think it could do. lol did I mention I paid for my PC and built it myself lol you wish you could do that, why don't you get a PC come on man get dat Mouse and Keyboard lol gaming trash"  Since you mentioned battlefield and red faction, i'll point out that those are both scripted games.  Second, here's a scenario from Killzone 3.

Near the start of the game, you can grab a minigun.  Going into a two story building, there are a lot of windows and glass plates serperating the room, and you have like 10 enemies in there.  They're all shooting, throwing grenades as you take cover, shooting - all while this is going on, the glass is shattering, you see all the smoke trails from rockets and grenades, pillars are crumbling, the water on the floor is swishing - the point is, what if none of this happened and the environment was static?  Wouldn't that make you less immersed?

Well duh, I already know most games are scripted, and that's why I always find real time physics more impressive. There are different ways to be immersed in a game and it always depends on the person and game. Games can be immersive for different reasons, you make it sound as if I only care about physics when there are plenty of other factors that go into it, like a living world, ambient sound and such. That's why I also find older games immersive too for different reasons, stop thinking narrow minded. Metroid Prime is an immersive game not because of physics but because of the world and sound for example, see, nothing to do with physics.

And why are you bringing PC into this? What does PC have to do with anything? Are you calling me a hermit? If so, the joke is on you as I'm not even one and can never be one anyways. Both BF and RF at least have destruction that actually matters and make the gameplay better unlike Killzone. I don't care if they're scripted as long as they do it right and help the gameplay to go with it, in which they excel at. 

Lol I don't mind if all that stuff is happening even if it was scripted, but it would be more impressive if it's real time and that's my problem with Killzone: Rarely any destruction is real time. For the average joe this doesn't matter because they're too busy looking at that broken window or pillar, but to show what the system is capable of, some of it doesn't help because it's a shortcut to not use real time physics to know if the PS3 can actually do it. I don't have a problem with scripted destruction, I just find it less impressive than real time physics which is the point I'm making. Crysis 1 is extremely impressive due to the physics and makes the game far more immersive than Killzone to me, but I don't mind Killzone because that's an immersive game too, just not against Crysis 1 or certain other games for physics.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 kuraimen

[QUOTE="Chozofication"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"]:lol:Why does it even matter? Are you immersed by things that don't happen in real time, they're not even real time physics or else that would mess up the PS3, they don't move randomly as it's always the same spot. So people are impressed by scripted destruction and barebones kind for that matter? Wow. "I destroyed a pillar, whoa, it's like I'm in a warzone, even though it doesn't matter it looks so cool!" Call me when Killzone gets better destruction and non scripted ones too, then I'll be impressed for once.

mitu123

e16.jpg

Well duh, I already know most games are scripted, and that's why I always find real time physics more impressive. There are different ways to be immersed in a game and it always depends on the person and game. Games can be immersive for different reasons, you make it sound as if I only care about physics when there are plenty of other factors that go into it, like a living world, ambient sound and such. That's why I also find older games immersive too for different reasons, stop thinking narrow minded. Metroid Prime is an immersive game not because of physics but because of the world and sound for example, see, nothing to do with physics.

And why are you bringing PC into this? What does PC have to do with anything? Are you calling me a hermit? If so, the joke is on you as I'm not even one and can never be one anyways. Both BF and RF at least have destruction that actually matters and make the gameplay better unlike Killzone. I don't care if they're scripted as long as they do it right and help the gameplay to go with it, in which they excel at. 

Lol I don't mind if all that stuff is happening even if it was scripted, but it would be more impressive if it's real time and that's my problem with Killzone: Rarely any destruction is real time. For the average joe this doesn't matter because they're too busy looking at that broken window or pillar, but to show what the system is capable of, some of it doesn't help because it's a shortcut to not use real time physics to know if the PS3 can actually do it. I don't have a problem with scripted destruction, I just find it less impressive than real time physics which is the point I'm making. Crysis 1 is extremely impressive due to the physics and makes the game far more immersive than Killzone to me, but I don't mind Killzone because that's an immersive game too, just not against Crysis 1 or certain other games for physics.

It's fine if you think it isn't as impressive as if it were done in a more dynamical way (which most PC games don't even do anyways much less console games) but you specifically said that the damage is "pointless" and it is hardly "pointless" when it provides immersion.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="Chozofication"]

e16.jpg

kuraimen

It's fine if you think it isn't as impressive as if it were done in a more dynamical way (which most PC games don't even do anyways much less console games) but you specifically said that the damage is "pointless" and it is hardly "pointless" when it provides immersion.

For some people, remember, people get immersed in different ways. If a broken pillar matters so much then be my guest, but I was comparing real time physics to it(for the whole time no less) and it has nothing on it, which didn't make me as immersed but can be better than no destruction.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 deactivated-57d8401f17c55

[QUOTE="Chozofication"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"]:lol:Why does it even matter? Are you immersed by things that don't happen in real time, they're not even real time physics or else that would mess up the PS3, they don't move randomly as it's always the same spot. So people are impressed by scripted destruction and barebones kind for that matter? Wow. "I destroyed a pillar, whoa, it's like I'm in a warzone, even though it doesn't matter it looks so cool!" Call me when Killzone gets better destruction and non scripted ones too, then I'll be impressed for once.

mitu123

Well this post was a lot better, I could only assume what you were and were thinking based on the other posts which didn't explain anything and didn't have much thought.  Killzone has some real time physics as well - every game is a mix of scripted and real time, including Crysis (which the Crysis games are simply tech demo's for Crytek's middle ware), Battlefield and Red Faction as you've mentioned.  Which, when a building collapses in Battlefield, it's completely scripted.  Everything that would effect BF, and most games, including Killzone, in gameplay, is scripted. 

For Red faction, that is a game that is completely designed around physics - the whole point is to interact with your environment - to shape it.  That is a game that couldn't exist without real time physics.  Not so with Killzone, or battlefield.

It's just a case of a game having less or more real time physics.  Even then, real time physics could negatively effect some games if you want something to happen just right every time.  Also, real time destruction would negatively effect Killzone if they want something to fall down in a certain way, as part of a set piece.  Those will always be scripted in every game.

Ironically, real time physics would mostly be eye candy for most games, and not add to the gameplay.  Like you were talking about in Killzone, shooting a pillar, if it was real time it would make no difference in design. 

Keep an eye out for Killzone 4, that's sure to set a new graphical bar.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="mitu123"] Killzone 2's destruction is pointless since it didn't add much to the game and is mostly cosmetic, rarely did it feel needed, like in the 1st mission where you blow up that bridge and the walls that tower down on enemies, that's destruction done right even if scripted, but what does shooting a wall and pillar prove? Then again it looks cool I guess.

mitu123

I play pretty much ever big budget FPS that comes out. You name it chances are I've at least tried it for a few hours. I'm sorry but Killzone 2 was a classy game, it had some of the best map design this generation has seen, was graphics king, has some of the best gunplay and immersion this gen. It sold well, it scored amazingly, won a bunch of awards.. I don't see how any serious gamer can not see it's merits even if you didn't like it for whatever reason. SW even had a clan for it, it was awesome.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 mitu123

Well this post was a lot better, I could only assume what you were and were thinking based on the other posts which didn't explain anything and didn't have much thought.  Killzone has some real time physics as well - every game is a mix of scripted and real time, including Crysis (which the Crysis games are simply tech demo's for Crytek's middle ware), Battlefield and Red Faction as you've mentioned.  Which, when a building collapses in Battlefield, it's completely scripted.  Everything that would effect BF, and most games, including Killzone, in gameplay, is scripted. 

For Red faction, that is a game that is completely designed around physics - the whole point is to interact with your environment - to shape it.  That is a game that couldn't exist without real time physics.  Not so with Killzone, or battlefield.

It's just a case of a game having less or more real time physics.  Even then, real time physics could negatively effect some games if you want something to happen just right every time.  Also, real time destruction would negatively effect Killzone if they want something to fall down in a certain way, as part of a set piece.  Those will always be scripted in every game.

Ironically, real time physics would mostly be eye candy for most games, and not add to the gameplay.  Like you were talking about in Killzone, shooting a pillar, if it was real time it would make no difference in design. 

Chozofication

Yeah I know about those games having that. For BF it's scripted for building but changes how the game is played, and then there's terrian deformation which is blowing up holes in the ground and that's pretty awesome and hardly any games do that. Also that makes RF really awesome when it comes to game design because of the physics. Killzone's destruction doesn't change gameplay and is why I didn't find it as immersive as those other 3 games in that area, it's just immersive for a different reason on it's own. It would be funny if the next Killzone goes for more real time physics, though from a design standpoint scripted can work if it goes with the game. I can't wait for Killzone 4 as well.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] One word. Immersion. Killzone 2 was an amazing game. I have better memories of Killzone 2 then pretty much any other FPS this gen. Eddie-Vedder

I play pretty much ever big budget FPS that comes out. You name it chances are I've at least tried it for a few hours. I'm sorry but Killzone 2 was a classy game, it had some of the best map design this generation has seen, was graphics king, has some of the best gunplay and immersion this gen. It sold well, it scored amazingly, won a bunch of awards.. I don't see how any serious gamer can not see it's merits even if you didn't like it for whatever reason. SW even had a clan for it, it was awesome.

Hmm, have you played Bioshock, Metro 2033 and STALKER? And I do like Killzone 2 as well.

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

I play pretty much ever big budget FPS that comes out. You name it chances are I've at least tried it for a few hours. I'm sorry but Killzone 2 was a classy game, it had some of the best map design this generation has seen, was graphics king, has some of the best gunplay and immersion this gen. It sold well, it scored amazingly, won a bunch of awards.. I don't see how any serious gamer can not see it's merits even if you didn't like it for whatever reason. SW even had a clan for it, it was awesome. Eddie-Vedder
There was a killzone 2 clan with gamespot members? Damn where have I been.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 deactivated-57d8401f17c55

[QUOTE="Chozofication"]

mitu123

Yeah I know about those games having that. For BF it's scripted for building but changes how the game is played, and then there's terrian deformation which is blowing up holes in the ground and that's pretty awesome and hardly any games do that. Also that makes RF really awesome when it comes to game design because of the physics. Killzone's destruction doesn't change gameplay and is why I didn't find it as immersive as those other 3 games in that area, it's just immersive for a different reason on it's own. It would be funny if the next Killzone goes for more real time physics, though from a design standpoint scripted can work if it goes with the game. I can't wait for Killzone 4 as well.

The good thing is, next generation developers will have the power to make anything scripted or real time as they see fit.  So the things in games that they wanted to do real time can finally be, and the stuff that needs to stay scripted will.  And we'll see a lot more games that are designed around physics.

Next generation will be the first that games won't really have any design limitations, and everything can be highly detailed and smooth.  We're going to hit the point of diminishing returns after that anyways.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 faizan_faizan
Killzone has some real time physics as wellChozofication
Whoa Whoa Whoa! I already said, The game doesn't, IF you have any proof show it, Everything is scripted.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 deactivated-57d8401f17c55

[QUOTE="Chozofication"]Killzone has some real time physics as wellfaizan_faizan
Whoa Whoa Whoa! I already said, The game doesn't, IF you have any proof show it, Everything is scripted.

Hardly anything is, but some things are like smaller bodies of water and certain small object's / object debris.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts
Garbage shooter with horrendous gunplay.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
>Launch Window Ooooh boy. By window they probably mean like 5 months after launch.