Killzone 3 uses 100% of the ps3's power.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts

Sorry if old.

link

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

100% in use =/= 100% efficiency.

" It was explained that 1080p was not possible due to the amount of things in place."

Its not possible because it doesn't have enough memory. Silly consoles thinking they're 1080p machines :P

Weird_Jerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Weird_Jerk
Member since 2010 • 646 Posts
Where have I heard this before? Was it MGS4? No, no... How about Uncharted? Hmmm, no. Err, Killzone 2? No, turns out that only used 60%... Uncharted 2? . We've obviously heard this story enough times to call BS. I'm sure there are still a few lines of code that need some tweaking :P The game looks fantastic, but this "maxing out Teh Cell" nonsense is about 3 years old now.
TheSterls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheSterls
Member since 2009 • 3117 Posts

" It was explained that 1080p was not possible due to the amount of things in place."

Its not possible because it doesn't have enough memory. Silly consoles thinking they're 1080p machines :P

ChubbyGuy40

Who cares, the game in 720p blows most thigns out of the water.

I also thought it was intresting it has

-3x the draw distance of KZ2

-3x more polygons

-4x better texture quality

Thats a pretty big leap on 4 year old hardware if you ask me but for some reasons hermits hate to see a consoles produce nice visuals , never got that.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

My response: That's BS.

alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 alextherussian
Member since 2009 • 2642 Posts
Confirmed: Killzone 3 the PS3, can get not better, look no better, sound no better, there can be no more enemies at that level, no more extra particles or the thing will just burst into flame. Thats it we are done folks, go home, PS3 has peaked.
xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 xYamatox
Member since 2005 • 5180 Posts

It's probably true, to be honest. 5 year old hardware will run out of juice at some point. Hopefully a PS4 is announced E3 for a 2013 release. With that said, I wouldn't expect the game to look TOO much better than what we've already seen, but I doubt Kz3 will disappoint as far as the visuals are concerned.

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
Sorry guys already posted mods please lock :P.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

TheSterls

-3x more polygons

Thats a pretty big leap on 4 year old hardware if you ask me but for some reasons hermits hate to see a consoel produce nice visuals , never got that.

Something makes me highly doubt that they have 4x the texture quality,

TheSterls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheSterls

[QUOTE="TheSterls"]

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

ferret-gamer

-3x more polygons

Thats a pretty big leap on 4 year old hardware if you ask me but for some reasons hermits hate to see a consoel produce nice visuals , never got that.

Thats what they said, and to be honest why would they lie?

DerpyMcDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 DerpyMcDerp
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts

I am unimpressed.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

TheSterls

-3x more polygons

Thats a pretty big leap on 4 year old hardware if you ask me but for some reasons hermits hate to see a consoles produce nice visuals , never got that.

Amazing how those things count now :lol:,when same is mentioned about some xbox 360 games it doesn't count,100% and looks the same as killzone 2 LOL.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

TheSterls

-3x more polygons

So it has the potential to have better texture quality. Doesn't mean it actually has better textures. Thats up to the artists.

Not really impressed by consoles anymore. They ran out of juice the moment Crysis launched. I ran Crysis on mixture of low and high settings with just 7800GS, Pentium 4, and 2GB of RAM at 1280x1024. It ran fairly well up until the snow and final levels. They're wasting their time with this hardware.

I'm impressed when the Wii can pull off good visuals. Also when the DS and PSP can do the same. Other than that consoles have never impressed with their smoke and mirrors.

alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 alextherussian

Thats what they said, and to be honest why would they lie?

TheSterls

So that gullible individuals take a "fact" that is hard to substantiate and use it as a means to promote their game? Maybe they are telling the truth, but yet somehow I am not seeing this incredible 3x jump in graphical fidelity. I must be blinded by my biases...

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ChubbyGuy40

I am unimpressed.

DerpyMcDerp

Need more Black Ops amirite Derpy?

TheSterls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheSterls

[QUOTE="TheSterls"]

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

ChubbyGuy40

-3x more polygons

So it has the potential to have better texture quality. Doesn't mean it actually has better textures. Thats up to the artists.

Not really impressed by consoles anymore. They ran out of juice the moment Crysis launched. I ran Crysis on mixture of low and high settings with just 7800GS, Pentium 4, and 2GB of RAM at 1280x1024. It ran fairly well up until the snow and final levels. They're wasting their time with this hardware.

I'm impressed when the Wii can pull off good visuals. Also when the DS and PSP can do the same. Other than that consoles have never impressed with their smoke and mirrors.

I run Crysis all maxed on a GTX285 and theres still PS3/360 games that impress me . So to each there own.

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

The power of teh cell

LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts
Yes PS4 Next Year!!! But I don't get the percentages of power statement.
TheSterls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheSterls

[QUOTE="TheSterls"]Thats what they said, and to be honest why would they lie?

alextherussian

So that gullible individuals take a "fact" that is hard to substantiate and use it as a means to promote their game? Maybe they are telling the truth, but yet somehow I am not seeing this incredible 3x jump in graphical fidelity. I must be blinded by my biases...

Gullible indivdiulas? Yea because you know so many peopel will buy KZ3 based off it having 4x the texture quality.Devlopers are asked technical questions about there games and they answer them you think they do it for hype purposes? Hell the next COD will out sell it by 5x and look like complete trash, they realize graphics are not going to make the game sell.

xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 xYamatox
Member since 2005 • 5180 Posts

[QUOTE="TheSterls"]

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

ferret-gamer

-3x more polygons

I can assure you, there are some piss-poor textures in some parts of the game (from what I've seen in videos and what not), but these are mostly small objects that aren't too important, or aren't meant to be seen up close. With that said, the environments look jam packed with a lot more detail then in Kz2, and character models seem a lot better this time around as well.

TheSterls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheSterls

[QUOTE="TheSterls"]

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

Tessellation

-3x more polygons

Amazing how those things count now :lol:,when same is mentioned about some xbox 360 games it doesn't count,100% and looks the same as killzone 2 LOL.

Who said it doesnt count when the 360 makes improvements? The problem is the 360 still cant make a game that looks better then PS3 exclusives from 2009. Hell you havent heard the media rave about a 360's visuals since the original Gears of War , since then its been all about hte PS3 exclusives and as a owner of both consoles its easy to see why.

alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 alextherussian

[QUOTE="alextherussian"]

[QUOTE="TheSterls"]Thats what they said, and to be honest why would they lie?

TheSterls

Gullible indivdiulas? Yea because you know so many peopel will buy KZ3 based off it having 4x the texture quality.Devlopers are asked technical questions about there games and they answer them you think they do it for hype purposes? Hell the next COD will out sell it by 5x and look like complete trash, they realize graphics are not going to make the game sell.

And yet here we are discussing graphics, here we have developers talking about graphics, here we have millions of dollars spent on updating and creating new engines to make better graphics, here we have graphics quotes being placed on the back of box arts. The aesthetic generations would demand no less.
Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

Yea sure thats what they all say....

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
GG had lots of power left for KZ3 as seen in this DF quote. '' See all that white space? That's unused SPU time. So in moving on to Killzone 3, the opportunity for improvement is twofold: not only can Guerrilla improve scheduling of jobs across the SPUs, they can also introduce newer, more efficient systems to improve performance still further.''
Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11294 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="TheSterls"]

-3x more polygons

TheSterls

I run Crysis all maxed on a GTX285 and theres still PS3/360 games that impress me . So to each there own.

If you run Crysis on max settings on a GTX 285 you must love slideshows. you'd get ~ 15 fps.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
[QUOTE="TheSterls"]

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

Mozelleple112

If you run Crysis on max settings on a GTX 285 you must love slideshows. you'd get ~ 15 fps.

mid 20s for a gtx 280/286 on 1080p with 2x AA actually. CCC mod looks better runs 30-40fps.