Killzone 3 sales are disappointing. KZ2's launch may outsell (link)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ultra_Combo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#451 Ultra_Combo
Member since 2009 • 1494 Posts

I wonder if the online community will die as quickley as KZ2, Oh I forgot COWS say 2k people online doesn't = dead :lol:

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#452 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

I wonder if the online community will die as quickley as KZ2, Oh I forgot COWS say 2k people online doesn't = dead :lol:

Ultra_Combo

well using the word dead for a community thats still there is a bit silly since dead means well dead as in not alive.

Ultra_Combo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#453 Ultra_Combo
Member since 2009 • 1494 Posts

2 million copies sold, .02 % still playing yah I call that dead you can spin it howevr you like though.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#454 finalfantasy94

2 million copies sold, .02 % still playing yah I call that dead you can spin it howevr you like though.

Ultra_Combo

You can spin it as much as you like to. Also never use KZ online number of players count. Thing is always broken.

Cheesehead9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#455 Cheesehead9099
Member since 2008 • 2849 Posts

[QUOTE="NWA90s"][QUOTE="The__Havoc"]

1 - How do you know its only one Marksman? How do you not you're not in the combined triangulated field of three Marksmen? So you're radar is jammed that means he's close. He's still cloaked and he still has radar. Why he knows exactly where you are you have to spend time looking for him.

2 - So you have to waist time putting your cross hair on friendlies or even SHOOTING friendlies? So all the mean while why you're wasting time and movements shooting your allies and aiming at allies the Infiltrator is not hampered by any of those handicaps. He simply points and shoots while you waste time.

gamedude234

1- if your radar is ajmmed and you know there are one or more marskmen there then simply dont go there. either play with a party and communicate and tell somone else to go in first. OR dont go in at all, when the marskman dont get any kills they will chnage position thats when you can strike them. OR you can run to in to them using infiltraitor. infiltraitor runs is very agile and the m66 machine pistol has very low rate of fire and low ammo in the mag 2- infiltraitor dont show up on the radar is that so hard? i have no problems with infiltraitor at all, just keep your eyest at the radar. if there is a guy standing there and not showing on the radar then it means he is a infiltraitor.

like someone else said:there's virtually no communication between people in matchmaking. Sure, you can get into a party, but not everyone has access to them. and are you saying that marksmen stand still? please. Not to mention the marksman has the best mid-close range rifle in the whole game...

The infiltrator just needs to be nerfed. Ok, he doesn't show up on the radar. That's actually a huge advantage when you think about it. You're hopping along and BLAM you get shotgunned in the face. oh yes, the shotgun also has absurd range. Like Blackbond says, the fact that it has a cope should say something.

Meh, I pretty much never get killed by a Marksman, so I can't comment on that. But I can say that teh M82 is much better than the StA52. The Infiltrator is NOT overpowered. Nobody knows how to deal with one. They are really easy to kill. Honestly, I think a lot of people just need to realize that they changed the formula up a bit and you can't use the same KZ strategies you used before. It's still a great game.
gamedude234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#456 gamedude234
Member since 2009 • 2558 Posts

[QUOTE="gamedude234"]

[QUOTE="NWA90s"] 1- if your radar is ajmmed and you know there are one or more marskmen there then simply dont go there. either play with a party and communicate and tell somone else to go in first. OR dont go in at all, when the marskman dont get any kills they will chnage position thats when you can strike them. OR you can run to in to them using infiltraitor. infiltraitor runs is very agile and the m66 machine pistol has very low rate of fire and low ammo in the mag 2- infiltraitor dont show up on the radar is that so hard? i have no problems with infiltraitor at all, just keep your eyest at the radar. if there is a guy standing there and not showing on the radar then it means he is a infiltraitor. Cheesehead9099

like someone else said:there's virtually no communication between people in matchmaking. Sure, you can get into a party, but not everyone has access to them. and are you saying that marksmen stand still? please. Not to mention the marksman has the best mid-close range rifle in the whole game...

The infiltrator just needs to be nerfed. Ok, he doesn't show up on the radar. That's actually a huge advantage when you think about it. You're hopping along and BLAM you get shotgunned in the face. oh yes, the shotgun also has absurd range. Like Blackbond says, the fact that it has a cope should say something.

Meh, I pretty much never get killed by a Marksman, so I can't comment on that. But I can say that teh M82 is much better than the StA52. The Infiltrator is NOT overpowered. Nobody knows how to deal with one. They are really easy to kill. Honestly, I think a lot of people just need to realize that they changed the formula up a bit and you can't use the same KZ strategies you used before. It's still a great game.

Well, maybe it is that. I haven't been playing a lot, since its actually my friends PS3, and it constantly switches hands back and forth between us, so i usually only play it during weekends. The marksman just makes me rage though:P

btw i completely agree, it is a great game. That's why i would rate the game 8.5. KZ3 deserves all the good reviews its got and getting, but of course, in SW, less than AAA=bad.

But that doesn't mean it has problems. Balance issues, few maps and modes, no auto-balance and a horrible interface really hurt the game. Hopefully GG will release a few patches to fix the balancing and auto-baance. Maps and modes could be fixed as DLC. Unfortunately, the interface will be very hard to improve.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"][QUOTE="gamedude234"]

gamedude234

Well, maybe it is that. I haven't been playing a lot, since its actually my friends PS3, and it constantly switches hands back and forth between us, so i usually only play it during weekends. The marksman just makes me rage though:P

btw i completely agree, it is a great game. That's why i would rate the game 8.5. KZ3 deserves all the good reviews its got and getting, but of course, in SW, less than AAA=bad.

But that doesn't mean it has problems. Balance issues, few maps and modes, no auto-balance and a horrible interface really hurt the game. Hopefully GG will release a few patches to fix the balancing and auto-baance. Maps and modes could be fixed as DLC. Unfortunately, the interface will be very hard to improve.

So far the only real beef I have with the game is that it has the habit of sometimes making the matches cleary uneven. Ala 4 vs tons more then 4:P. Thats something that needs to be fixed quick. Whats the problem with the interface?

gamedude234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#458 gamedude234

[QUOTE="gamedude234"]

[QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"] Meh, I pretty much never get killed by a Marksman, so I can't comment on that. But I can say that teh M82 is much better than the StA52. The Infiltrator is NOT overpowered. Nobody knows how to deal with one. They are really easy to kill. Honestly, I think a lot of people just need to realize that they changed the formula up a bit and you can't use the same KZ strategies you used before. It's still a great game.finalfantasy94

So far the only real beef I have with the game is that it has the habit of sometimes making the matches cleary uneven. Ala 4 vs tons more then 4:P. Thats something that needs to be fixed quick. Whats the problem with the interface?

yeah thats the auto-balance.

The interface? well, it takes ages to make a decent party. You don't know what your friends are doing, how long they're gone, etc... compare that to other shooters like Halo reach, which clearly shows what your friends are doing, and how long they'll be with you, and you can just click a button, say" i'll be there in 5 mins." and your done. I've waited for 20 minutes trying to make a decent party.Not to mention the names flash obnoxiously Of course, some of these problems aren't GGs fault, they could have added cross-game chat if PSN had it. That's the only problem which will be near impossible to fix. If GG are loyal to the community and listen to them properly, they could fix 99% of these problems. Better late than never.

Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460 Kane04
Member since 2006 • 2115 Posts
Thats what you get when the press underrates a game. I just finished it and loved it specially after the 8.5 i was expecting and 8.5 game. Glad it turned better than that. Honestly if i had a studio i'd be making 360 exclusives, apparently those don't really need to make sense nor look good nor do anything new to get a decent review, its like they just need an exclusive stamp and they are all set, trow a shiny name its game and match............................................................... I'm sad its not selling well but at least i got to play an amazing game, other people get happy just because their game scored high even if it doesn't have much to show for it.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="gamedude234"]

gamedude234

The interface? well, it takes ages to make a decent party. You don't know what your friends are doing, how long they're gone, etc... compare that to other shooters like Halo reach, which clearly shows what your friends are doing, and how long they'll be with you, and you can just click a button, say" i'll be there in 5 mins." and your done. I've waited for 20 minutes trying to make a decent party.Not to mention the names flash obnoxiously Of course, some of these problems aren't GGs fault, they could have added cross-game chat if PSN had it. That's the only problem which will be near impossible to fix. If GG are loyal to the community and listen to them properly, they could fix 99% of these problems. Better late than never.

I guess since I never reallyused said feature it never bothers me not to have it. Each time me and friend play its usally at the same time and if hes in the middle of something he usally just text he will be done in such and such minutes. I never care to see how long hes been playing or what hes playing in the game. Though I will agree the name flickering is sorta anoying.

sethman410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462 sethman410
Member since 2008 • 2967 Posts
Hmm... I think i know the solution. People are saving up money to buy that stupid gun that comes with the game. It's only a matter of time before it sells crazy. (sarcastic) or I might be luckily right.
eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#463 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts
^it's gonna pick up in sales the interest is out there for
gamedude234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#464 gamedude234

[QUOTE="gamedude234"]

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

finalfantasy94

I guess since I never reallyused said feature it never bothers me not to have it. Each time me and friend play its usally at the same time and if hes in the middle of something he usally just text he will be done in such and such minutes. I never care to see how long hes been playing or what hes playing in the game. Though I will agree the name flickering is sorta anoying.

lucky you i guess;)