Killzone 3 OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED ! SCANS OF THE ENTIRE GAMEPRO ARTICLE NOW UP!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AdmiralRJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#451 AdmiralRJW
Member since 2010 • 556 Posts

Unless they rework the horrible controls I think I'll just pass on this one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#452 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Unless they rework the horrible controls I think I'll just pass on this one.

AdmiralRJW

Let me guess. they should get rid of recoil, add more aim assist, and make the guns more floaty :roll:

CleanNJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#453 CleanNJerk
Member since 2009 • 2104 Posts

[QUOTE="Anjunaddict"]

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

I dont exactly believe that...i mean UC2 looked amazing but IMO KZ2 is bigger technical accomplishment.And those new shoots from KZ3 look like they are dumping that gritty look,the look where lightning comes into first plan,now this looks much cleaner and IMO not better.

Bus-A-Bus

But aren't the jetpack bits going to be third person? I assumed ND would be helping with that aspect.

That i do believe but not with graphics part...GG are just as good as ND when it comes to that.

Developers always use resources from each other, call the company or straight out meet to discuss their games with each other. Insomniac and ND helped on Killzone 2 FYI, as ND was helped by Bungie, as seen one the credits of their respected games.

CleanNJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#454 CleanNJerk
Member since 2009 • 2104 Posts

[QUOTE="carlisledavid79"][QUOTE="93soccer"] Graphics wise- maybe Gameplay- Bungie (Reach) leaves GG (KZ3) in the dustSandvichman
You've played both to make that comparison ?

I did, and halo does it better. Also, custom games. :D

Excuse us? um... Killzone 2 also features the customization of it's games, DUH..

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
And hopefully they know how to end a game properly by now. I have not face palmed so hard at a game ending since halo 2.
jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#456 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts

So jetpacks and a bigger scale? This reminds me of a game I can't quite put my finger on :P Should be good.

Floppy_Jim
KZ:liberation on psp that came out in 2006 had jetpacks. Warhawk had jetpacks before Halo did as well. You act like Halo is the first game to have jetpacks
Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457 Anjunaddict
Member since 2010 • 4178 Posts
And hopefully they know how to end a game properly by now. I have not face palmed so hard at a game ending since halo 2.Led_poison
lol maybe i should finish KZ2 one of these days just to see it ...
Easyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#458 Easyle
Member since 2010 • 2034 Posts

"Early readers of US mag GamePro's expose suggested that certain sections of the title - including jetpack areas - would resemble Uncharted. We were as confused as you.

Today, on further inspection, the full truth has been revealed: Uncharted developer Naughty Dog is involved in the creation of the title.

The studio has reportedly co-created the 'graphics engine' of KZ3 - suggesting it will be built on the same development blocks as multi-award winning Uncharted 2."

This got me interested :o

Anjunaddict

There was nothing in the magazine that suggested that Naughty Dog helped out. I'll re-read, but I think thats fake.

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#459 jyoung312

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="Nike_Air"]Warhawk!

Floppy_Jim

Ooohhh, Floppy-pwned!

Pffft. Warhawk is so obviously the game I was referring to.

Killzone Liberation on PSP you mean? KZ had jetpacks before Halo. Everyone is so ignorant of KZ on psp. Whenever ppl talked about KZ2 they said it would suck bc KZ1 got a 6.9 completely ignoring KZ:liberation got an 8.3 and later had a patch that addressed the concerns by gamespot (added more story and infrastructure mp)
sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460 sayonara89
Member since 2009 • 1985 Posts

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

[QUOTE="Anjunaddict"] But aren't the jetpack bits going to be third person? I assumed ND would be helping with that aspect.

CleanNJerk

That i do believe but not with graphics part...GG are just as good as ND when it comes to that.

Developers always use resources from each other, call the company or straight out meet to discuss their games with each other. Insomniac and ND helped on Killzone 2 FYI, as ND was helped by Bungie, as seen one the credits of their respected games.

Bungie probably helped ND with MP mode. Insomniac and GG helped ND with vsync, GG helped them with shadows, SSM helped MM with AA, ND helped SSM with something and so on :)
sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461 sayonara89

[QUOTE="Anjunaddict"]

"Early readers of US mag GamePro's expose suggested that certain sections of the title - including jetpack areas - would resemble Uncharted. We were as confused as you.

Today, on further inspection, the full truth has been revealed: Uncharted developer Naughty Dog is involved in the creation of the title.

The studio has reportedly co-created the 'graphics engine' of KZ3 - suggesting it will be built on the same development blocks as multi-award winning Uncharted 2."

Easyle

There was nothing in the magazine that suggested that Naughty Dog helped out. I'll re-read, but I think thats fake.

At least one guy from ND is involved (ICE team), that's confirmed.

Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts

Hmmm. So now jet packs don't seem like a "rip off" anymore. Interesting. :roll: But don't get me wrong, I'm sure it will be a very awesome game. Unlike some people, I at least have this courtesy.

Easyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#463 Easyle
If anyone cares, I can post the entire article, scanned on a printer, onto the web. Who wants me to do this? You'll have to wait for a little bit until my Dad comes home or I figure out how the damn thing works.
Easyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#464 Easyle

[QUOTE="Easyle"]

[QUOTE="Anjunaddict"]

sayonara89

At least one guy from ND is involved (ICE team), that's confirmed.

That's pretty cool but can we have a link? I don't have a link, but usually the first party companies owned by Sony share their info, how to do this, how to tweak that, it doesn't mean that they are actually sharing the engine, but if they are, I guess it means only good things for Guerilla Games.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#465 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
I am a killzone 2 fun. But seriously whats with game devs nowadays? So many unecessary sequels poping up one after the other. Kane and lynch 2, saints row 3, red faction guirella 3. Personally i think its too early for killzone 3.
N00bTuber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466 N00bTuber
Member since 2010 • 264 Posts

Hmmm. So now jet packs don't seem like a "rip off" anymore. Interesting. :roll: But don't get me wrong, I'm sure it will be a very awesome game. Unlike some people, I at least have this courtesy.

SpiritOfFire117
LOL The killzone franchise already had jetpacks... *facepalm dude*... Now 360 fans think Halo invented jetpacks...
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467 SpiritOfFire117

[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"]

N00bTuber

LOL The killzone franchise already had jetpacks... *facepalm dude*... Now 360 fans think Halo invented jetpacks...

Where the hell did I say that? And where the hell did I say that Killzone didn't already have jetpacks? Quit trolling me and stop putting words in my mouth.

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#468 jyoung312
[QUOTE="dakan45"]I am a killzone 2 fun. But seriously whats with game devs nowadays? So many unecessary sequels poping up one after the other. Kane and lynch 2, saints row 3, red faction guirella 3. Personally i think its too early for killzone 3.

It's coming out March 2011 which would be 2 years from KZ2. not too early at all
jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469 jyoung312

Why does everyone hate Rico lol? I only played the demo of KZ2 but he didn't seem so bad, is he really that annoying? Like Baird/Cole annoying or worse?

PabloEscobar20
It's all about the last level and surviving waves of helghast. Rico is just useless in that level and can't keep up his end and it ends up with you getting flanked and killed tons of times
Jesus_on_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#470 Jesus_on_fire
Member since 2008 • 2022 Posts

[QUOTE="Led_poison"]And hopefully they know how to end a game properly by now. I have not face palmed so hard at a game ending since halo 2.Anjunaddict
lol maybe i should finish KZ2 one of these days just to see it ...

You should. Its a pretty good ending (don't really agree with Led_poison). At least it felt like an ending

telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471 telefanatic
Member since 2007 • 3008 Posts

SpiritOfFire117

You ever heard of Tribes 1 and 2 for the PC "?

lolzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472 lolzo
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

DAMN!!!! That sounds sickkk!!! I hope it's fun this time, KZ2 wasn't that great, finally something interesting on the ps3, been waiting for a while!!!

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#473 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts
omg ...... http://www.examiner.com/x-12218-Video-Game-Examiner~y2010m5d21-Killzone-3-powered-by-Uncharted-2-graphics-engine
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

telefanatic

Pfft we all know halo reach had jetpacks first. I mean you must live under a rock if you dont know that :P

destro123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#476 destro123
Member since 2005 • 755 Posts

It better be funner than the second one. KZ2 was a good game but I didnt enjoy myself when I played it. I just found it very boring and bland.

telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477 telefanatic

[QUOTE="Sollet"]Maybe it's a fusion of UC2 engine and KZ2 engine ? How is that a BAD thing? :PLightchaos

A fusion of both games sounds awesome!

OMG OMG OMG!!!

EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#478 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts

I can't explain how excited I am for this. This was the one game I wanted to see at E3. Its going to be amazing!

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#479 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

telefanatic

Duke Nukem 3D had jetpacks before those games, even though I enjoyed the Tribes series.

screamingdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480 screamingdoom
Member since 2007 • 884 Posts
Cannot wait for this. Loving playing through the single player at the moment and multiplayer is just excellent. Fantastic game
BigBoss154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#481 BigBoss154
Member since 2009 • 2956 Posts

I heard that Naughty Dog were giving hints and helping out other Sony studios, so the whole U2/KZ2 engine hybrid to create a "super" PS3 game engine doesn't sound to far off.

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#483 jyoung312

I heard that Naughty Dog were giving hints and helping out other Sony studios, so the whole U2/KZ2 engine hybrid to create a "super" PS3 game engine doesn't sound to far off.

BigBoss154
Yep, all sony 1st party games probably share a lot of the same engine tech (done by Naughty Dog's Ice team). GG probably took some of the features of ND's engine.
Luke-10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#484 Luke-10
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="Easyle"]If anyone cares, I can post the entire article, scanned on a printer, onto the web. Who wants me to do this? You'll have to wait for a little bit until my Dad comes home or I figure out how the damn thing works.

I would like to see good for all pages thanks
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#485 SpiritOfFire117

telefanatic

Sure have. And the fact that KZ3 isn't hammered for "ripping off" is suspect. And if you have selective reading, I was complimenting the damn game.

Easyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#486 Easyle
[QUOTE="Luke-10"][QUOTE="Easyle"]If anyone cares, I can post the entire article, scanned on a printer, onto the web. Who wants me to do this? You'll have to wait for a little bit until my Dad comes home or I figure out how the damn thing works.

Alright. I will do it.. it'll take a bit though.
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487 SpiritOfFire117

[QUOTE="telefanatic"]

finalfantasy94

Pfft we all know halo reach had jetpacks first. I mean you must live under a rock if you dont know that :P

I love it when words are put into my mouth as a ****ing joke. :P

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#488 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50567 Posts

[QUOTE="telefanatic"]

SpiritOfFire117

Sure have. And the fact that KZ3 isn't hammered for "ripping off" is suspect. And if you have selective reading, I was complimenting the damn game.

Again, from what I read they aren't "real" jetpacks. They are something that gives a significant boost to your jumps.
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"]

[QUOTE="telefanatic"]

Again, from what I read they aren't "real" jetpacks. They are something that gives a significant boost to your jumps.

Then it's a Mario ripoff! :P
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#490 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"]Sure have. And the fact that KZ3 isn't hammered for "ripping off" is suspect. And if you have selective reading, I was complimenting the damn game.

nervmeister

Well, they did compare it to Mario lol.

Luke-10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#491 Luke-10
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="Easyle"][QUOTE="Luke-10"][QUOTE="Easyle"]If anyone cares, I can post the entire article, scanned on a printer, onto the web. Who wants me to do this? You'll have to wait for a little bit until my Dad comes home or I figure out how the damn thing works.

Alright. I will do it.. it'll take a bit though.

:) Thanks a lot but how many pages is the preview?
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492 Chutebox

- To control the jetpack, you "have to activate bursts of speed in midair, propelling yourself across further distances."

- The Jetpack resembles something you'd do in platformers such as Super Mario Bros. Or Uncharted

That was taken from the OP, so it seems a mix between the norm.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#493 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

[QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] Again, from what I read they aren't "real" jetpacks. They are something that gives a significant boost to your jumps.Chutebox

Well, they did compare it to Mario lol.

If I see Sev getting high off of Helghan mushrooms, then I'll know for sure that it's a ripoff. lol
Easyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#494 Easyle
I'm nearly done the scans for the Killzone 3 article in the magazine, ill post them up on Image Shack when i'm done, so stay tuned!
Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#495 Bus-A-Bus
Member since 2009 • 5089 Posts

I'm nearly done the scans for the Killzone 3 article in the magazine, ill post them up on Image Shack when i'm done, so stay tuned!Easyle

You know what man?I think you are the one that spreaded "Killzone 3 is confirmed" on Internet,and its scans.You had it first :D

sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#496 sayonara89

[QUOTE="Easyle"]I'm nearly done the scans for the Killzone 3 article in the magazine, ill post them up on Image Shack when i'm done, so stay tuned!Bus-A-Bus

You know what man?I think you are the one that spreaded "Killzone 3 is confirmed" on Internet,and its scans.You had it first :D

Yeah, you're famous now ;) But Sony ninjas will kill you for this :P
telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#497 telefanatic

[QUOTE="Easyle"]I'm nearly done the scans for the Killzone 3 article in the magazine, ill post them up on Image Shack when i'm done, so stay tuned!Bus-A-Bus

He did !! He must live in the same city where GamePro gets printed and shipped out so he probably got it before any one did.

Easyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#498 Easyle

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

[QUOTE="Easyle"]I'm nearly done the scans for the Killzone 3 article in the magazine, ill post them up on Image Shack when i'm done, so stay tuned!telefanatic

He did !! He must live in the same city where GamePro gets printed and shipped out so he probably got it before any one did.

Uploading now.
Easyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#499 Easyle

[QUOTE="telefanatic"]

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

Easyle

Uploading now.

Done uploading, they uploaded backwards, so go to page 2 first pic, then work your way backwards from there.. ill try and fix.

All of the pages are now on the front page of the post.

sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#500 sayonara89

Hmm: http://playstationinformer.wordpress.com/2010/05/22/killzone-3-environment-completely-destructible/

Edit: Awesome, thanks.