Just played the WiiU at my local GameStop!

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts
Other than long how big is it compared to the wii?
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

I hope there are alternatives to using that stupid controller.

The thing looks like it was mimicking an iPad.

bonesawisready5
It looks the bottom part of a DS, which released nearly 5 years before the iPad. Plus it's super light and good for long gaming sessions. I'm sorry, it's not exactly a radical change like the Wii remote with less buttons, it's a natural evolution of the traditional controller with every button you could want. I just don't understand why some people think it's a bad controller. It can do everything any other controller can do, plus more and has off-screen TV play. And as others pointed out there are many alternatives but expected most games to focused on the game pad.

Its the size that throws people off. Weight wise I would want it under 300grams.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22797 Posts
I wrote "tiny" on my wii.... but when i get hard it reads Ticonderoga NY... i shall call him WiiU
morattorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 morattorm
Member since 2012 • 30 Posts
The Best Buy in Troy Michigan has one set up as well. The game pad is a little big and kinda strange to hold but the screen looks good. The only playable demo was Rayman, but it looked great! I watched a few of the videos as well. Other than the length of the Wii U, it is pretty similar to the Wii design wise. My excitement level has been raised a little for the launch. I would be more excited if I hadn't just built a new gaming PC though....... Sorry Nintendo.GoldenElementXL
Is that the best buy on John r between 13 and 14? I was there Monday night looking and it wasn't set up yet :(
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
Worst console of the gen
Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts
[QUOTE="GoldenElementXL"]The Best Buy in Troy Michigan has one set up as well. The game pad is a little big and kinda strange to hold but the screen looks good. The only playable demo was Rayman, but it looked great! I watched a few of the videos as well. Other than the length of the Wii U, it is pretty similar to the Wii design wise. My excitement level has been raised a little for the launch. I would be more excited if I hadn't just built a new gaming PC though....... Sorry Nintendo.morattorm
Is that the best buy on John r between 13 and 14? I was there Monday night looking and it wasn't set up yet :(

No it's the one on S. Rochester Rd. Sorry I guess that really isn't in Troy.
morattorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 morattorm
Member since 2012 • 30 Posts
Lol, that's ok. I just went to the one on John r. They don't have it yet. Guess ill have to make a trip to Rochester rd. I already per ordered and paid mine off on blind faith in Nintendo, I'd like to get to see what I threw the dice on
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44167 Posts

:shock: Cool beans and lucky you - may see if my GS has a set-up but TBH, likley not a buy for me until the next Zelda arrives.

Oh and...

Video%20Game%20Meme%205.jpg:P

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts
Worst console of the genthemajormayor
Did trolls lost their touch?
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Just want one for ZombiU. Must buy IMO...

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#62 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

Puckhog04
I've got to find a friend who's getting the wiiu so I can just play the crap out of that game. Otherwise, I'm not all that interested.
Wiggins911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Wiggins911
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="TheDidact"]I don't want to sound like a creeper but where do you live? :o I really want to try the Wii U myself.RyanShazam
i live in Palm Desert California :)

Nice ,Surprised that Pal Desert would have it there already.
PopeReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 PopeReal
Member since 2005 • 1303 Posts
[QUOTE="themajormayor"]Worst console of the genKing_Dodongo
Did trolls lost their touch?

That is about all they got these days. Plus they think it beefs up their gamer cred to hate on a console. Which is ironic.
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts
[QUOTE="RyanShazam"][QUOTE="TheDidact"]I don't want to sound like a creeper but where do you live? :o I really want to try the Wii U myself.Wiggins911
i live in Palm Desert California :)

Nice ,Surprised that Pal Desert would have it there already.

The mall we have is pretty legit. Before the Wii came out we had a huge stand with playable Wiis and Nintendo reps. It was pretty awesome.
Wiggins911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Wiggins911

Nice, I go to Palm Springs mostly, but have been to Palm Desert a few times! Have friends out there in PS

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#67 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

GunSmith1_basic

I've got to find a friend who's getting the wiiu so I can just play the crap out of that game. Otherwise, I'm not all that interested.

the game looks like a flop.

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

Nice, I go to Palm Springs mostly, but have been to Palm Desert a few times! Have friends out there in PS

Wiggins911
Right on! It's pretty nice out here. You also in Caliornia?
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

p4s2p0
It looks the bottom part of a DS, which released nearly 5 years before the iPad. Plus it's super light and good for long gaming sessions. I'm sorry, it's not exactly a radical change like the Wii remote with less buttons, it's a natural evolution of the traditional controller with every button you could want. I just don't understand why some people think it's a bad controller. It can do everything any other controller can do, plus more and has off-screen TV play. And as others pointed out there are many alternatives but expected most games to focused on the game pad.

Its the size that throws people off. Weight wise I would want it under 300grams.

It's only 150 grams more than the 3DS XL which I haven't had any problems with in my experience. But hopefully they come out with a Game Pad mini version that sports a slightly smaller size and screen
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
Worst console of the genthemajormayor
Trolls just aren't made like they use to be.
Wiggins911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Wiggins911

[QUOTE="Wiggins911"]

RyanShazam

Right on! It's pretty nice out here. You also in Caliornia?

Yeah, LA.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

King_Dodongo

Yeah I don't see how can anyone dismiss a control with more features.

It's huge compared to a normal controller, I don't feel like playing with a sideways universal remote. I don't see how that's so hard to understand.
Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

King_Dodongo

the tablet controller won't be appreciated until xbox/sony copy it. then they will say "wow this new xbox/sony tablet controller is super sick, xbox/sony are very innovative and ahead of the game with this"

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

[QUOTE="King_Dodongo"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"] It looks the bottom part of a DS, which released nearly 5 years before the iPad. Plus it's super light and good for long gaming sessions. I'm sorry, it's not exactly a radical change like the Wii remote with less buttons, it's a natural evolution of the traditional controller with every button you could want. I just don't understand why some people think it's a bad controller. It can do everything any other controller can do, plus more and has off-screen TV play. And as others pointed out there are many alternatives but expected most games to focused on the game pad.Sphensen

the tablet controller won't be appreciated until xbox/sony copy it. then they will say "wow this new xbox/sony tablet controller is super sick, xbox/sony are very innovative and ahead of the game with this"

Yeah cos that's what happened with Kinect and Move... O no wait, we fvcking HATE Kinect and Move because are the same innaccurate, game breaking garbage that Wiimote was, it was hated on Wii and it's still hated on 360 and PS3 cos it goddam SUCKS!!!
Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

they will still copy it because they will be able to get a market on tablet games that are offered on smartphones/tablets

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
guess I'll have to do the same over the weekend if i have time.
King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts
[QUOTE="Sphensen"]

[QUOTE="King_Dodongo"] Yeah I don't see how can anyone dismiss a control with more features. locopatho

Yeah cos that's what happened with Kinect and Move... O no wait, we fvcking HATE Kinect and Move because are the same innaccurate, game breaking garbage that Wiimote was, it was hated on Wii and it's still hated on 360 and PS3 cos it goddam SUCKS!!!

To be fair those guys were actually giving much praise at first when they were announced.