Just lost all respect for Itagaki Tomonobu ( ninja gaiden creator )

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts

[QUOTE="-Sora"]hahahaah, this guy is awesome.Shusty_lives

What a coincidence? You like what he said and you both like the 360 and dislike Sony...

I dont dislike Sony, i plan on gettinga PS3next year, only PS game i bash is Killzone and HOME.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

We've always known you to be crazy, so we're not surprised. :P lol

Dreams-Visions

Exactly, there's plenty of other things that would make people consider me nuts. :P
Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts

[QUOTE="Ragashahs"]says the game who made the same game 3 times-Sora

He only made it twice, just likeMGSs subsistence games and FFs International games.
Sigma was made by one of his like apprentice type people i think.

yeah but Kojima has made 3(soon to be 4) MGS games he has only made one game. and before he dissed tekken when almot everyone thing Tekken is better than DOA
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts
You're surprised? Saying things like that is exactly what Itagaki is known for.
hazuki87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#56 hazuki87
Member since 2004 • 2031 Posts

You're surprised?Saying things like that is exactly whatItagaki is known for.TyrantDragon55

that and bad fighting games...

-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts
[QUOTE="-Sora"]

[QUOTE="Ragashahs"]says the game who made the same game 3 timesRagashahs

He only made it twice, just likeMGSs subsistence games and FFs International games.
Sigma was made by one of his like apprentice type people i think.

yeah but Kojima has made 3(soon to be 4) MGS games he has only made one game. and before he dissed tekken when almot everyone thing Tekken is better than DOA

Yea your right about that, Tekken consistently gets AAA ratings, while well DoA gets maybe a AA.

walkerctranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#58 walkerctranger
Member since 2006 • 1477 Posts
well when he makes games as good as he does, he can say what he wants about other games.
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts

[QUOTE="TyrantDragon55"]You're surprised?Saying things like that is exactly whatItagaki is known for.hazuki87

DOA4 was pretty good imo, and why is everyone bashing him all of the sudden when a few months ago you were all begging and pleading him to make NG2 multiplat?

hazuki87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 hazuki87
[QUOTE="hazuki87"]

[QUOTE="TyrantDragon55"]You're surprised?Saying things like that is exactly whatItagaki is known for.TyrantDragon55

DOA4 was pretty good imo, and why is everyone bashing him all of the sudden when a few months ago you were all begging and pleading him to make NG2 multiplat?

Ive bashed him since the day I heard of him. I dont care if NG2 is multiplat, I wont buy it. I dont own a PS3 either.

Supafly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Supafly1
Member since 2003 • 4441 Posts

I don't really see anything wrong with this. I don't think anyone here seriously thinks that quick time events are a sign of creative development. Quick time events do not make good gameplay nor are they creative in any way, they are half assed.MJPilgrim

If done good, they can be very fun.

ginglejangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 ginglejangle
Member since 2007 • 3171 Posts
That was a dumb statement...
blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#63 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
Alot of people agree with him,as soon as the HS demo came out on psn it was clear from people's posts that they were disappointed with it,great graphics,half-baked gameplay seems to be a trend on the ps3.
Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Dencore
Member since 2006 • 7094 Posts

This guys such a moron. He disses Tekken when it is one of the most respectable fighting game out there, DoA JUST became somewhat decent with the 4th entry.

He dissed Devil May Cry when he based his entire game off it, plus when Devil May Cry is a different game *and has a superior combat system also*.

However the saddest thing about this, is the sheer fact that fanboys believe this crud. I mean sure I can understand if many people prefer Ninja Gaiden to Devil May Cry, but the sheer fact that it always beats it in the poll like 6:1 and Devil May Cry is known as a "n00b" game is just ridiculous.

The majority reason of why this guy is so popular is because he was one of the very few Japanese developers on the original Xbox. Before that I don't even remembering hearing much about this guy.

inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Alot of people agree with him,as soon as the HS demo came out on psn it was clear from people's posts that they were disappointed with it,great graphics,half-baked gameplay seems to be a trend on the ps3.
blacktorn

Seems to be a trend.. In what games exactly?

Palax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Palax
Member since 2003 • 2399 Posts

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=19497

Heavenly Sword is "half-assed" says Itagaki

Lead graphics progammer of Tecmo Itagaki Tomonobu has slammed the PS3 exclusive title as 'half assed' in the latest issue of EGM. Itagaki commented that the game is 'half-assed' because its asking you to do all kinds of button timing sequences of which you as the game player don't really get much out of it from.

What a arrogant person... what is he basing this off the demo ? seriously. I just lost all respect for this guy. He creates one good game ( ninja gaiden ) and one ok fighter ( DOA ) and a booby game ( DOABV ) and all of a sudden he can talk **** about other devs like he is god or something ?

shaggymcp

I just lost all respect for shaggymcp. How dare you make an opinion!

blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#67 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts

[QUOTE="blacktorn"]Alot of people agree with him,as soon as the HS demo came out on psn it was clear from people's posts that they were disappointed with it,great graphics,half-baked gameplay seems to be a trend on the ps3.
inertk

Motorstorm,Lair,ratchet and clank (recycled gameplay mechanics).

aalsheh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 aalsheh
Member since 2006 • 489 Posts

honestly

i cant talk much about HS, cause i just played the demo and it was kinda good

NGS,, greatest action game? please... people who say that are xbox fans how never played DMC or GoW. heck DMC started this type of games and the charecter (dante) way better than this half ass ninja Ryu who dosnt seem to say or do much... GoW is an epic action game, u fight in large scale battles... the only thing he praises his game for is cause of how hard it's??? thats down right stupid, just cause the other guys know how to put an easy mode to please everyone doesnt mean it's a bad game

go play GoW or DMC for that matter on the harder modes,, good luck with that.

for a ps3 game it suck @ss,,, back in the xbox sure maybe good... the CG are from the xbox days, the collision detection is **** in the game (go fight alma, when she spins around that means she dodge my sword, wtf? just cause she spins doesnt mean it didnt hit her,,, yeah, nice action there)

im not saying he is not entitled to his own opinions, but dont diss all the other action games cause u "think" ur game is better... cause to be honest they all outsold his dump recycled to death game

inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
[QUOTE="inertk"]

[QUOTE="blacktorn"]Alot of people agree with him,as soon as the HS demo came out on psn it was clear from people's posts that they were disappointed with it,great graphics,half-baked gameplay seems to be a trend on the ps3.
blacktorn

That's like saying Halo has recycled gameplay mechanics, or any sequel in a series has recycled gameplay mechanics. :/

The gameplay in Motorstom was anything but half baked - the game lacked content but the core gameplay is amazing as is the online play and I'm sure you haven't played Lair to mack such an assumption.

Then again you didn't explain in detail what you meant when you said *Half-baked gameplay* so I wonder what that constitutes for you?

Sparky04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Sparky04
Member since 2006 • 3390 Posts

This guys such a moron. He disses Tekken when it is one of the most respectable fighting game out there, DoA JUST became somewhat decent with the 4th entry.

He dissed Devil May Cry when he based his entire game off it, plus when Devil May Cry is a different game *and has a superior combat system also*.

However the saddest thing about this, is the sheer fact that fanboys believe this crud. I mean sure I can understand if many people prefer Ninja Gaiden to Devil May Cry, but the sheer fact that it always beats it in the poll like 6:1 and Devil May Cry is known as a "n00b" game is just ridiculous.

The majority reason of why this guy is so popular is because he was one of the very few Japanese developers on the original Xbox. Before that I don't even remembering hearing much about this guy.

Dencore

So a game with no block button, one of the worst targeting systems ever, and completly idiotic A.I. has a superior combat system?

d_black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#71 d_black
Member since 2004 • 1538 Posts
Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo >>>> Heavenly Sword demo. The man is more than entitled to his opinion as the two games share a similar genre.
hazuki87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 hazuki87

Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo >>>> Heavenly Sword demo. The man is more than entitled to his opinion as the two games share a similar genre.d_black

His opinion is based on the fact that hes jealous that someones making a game similar to his that looks like its ognna be pretty awesome. The things this guy says mean about as much to me as the idiotic ramblings of Hideo Kojima and Ken Kutaragi.

PKim7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 PKim7
Member since 2003 • 215 Posts

Producer Kyle Shubel: "My response to Mr. Itagaki would be that the intent of the Hero Sequences is to empower the player to experience events that would be nearly impossible to play in a natural platforming state...for example, making the player run down ropes, leaping from rope to rope as they're being cut from underneath you, all while dodging other objects-that would be a frustrating experience to 99 percent of our users if we were to force them to do that manually."

EGM isue 219. I agree with the above statement

Avatar image for Riviera_Phantom
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#74 Riviera_Phantom
Member since 2006 • 3658 Posts
I don't respect him, Ninja Gaiden is possibly the greatest 3rd person pure action title ever but his other games suck ass. Beach Vollyball WTF? Noone should be respected for spending months on how to make boobs look super unrealistic. And didn't he get charged for sexual harassment? rofl. Pathetic.
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

First he disses Tekken, then he disses Heavenly Sword. The cows must all have this guy on their hitlist.:lol:

BioShockOwnz

Well Tekken deserves the bashing, Hs on the other hand , not so much.

Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#76 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts

Lead graphics progammer of Tecmo Itagaki Tomonobu has slammed the PS3 exclusive title as 'half assed' in the latest issue of EGM. Itagaki commented that the game is 'half-assed' because its asking you to do all kinds of button timing sequences of which you as the game player don't really get much out of it from.

What a arrogant person... what is he basing this off the demo ? seriously. I just lost all respect for this guy. He creates one good game ( ninja gaiden ) and one ok fighter ( DOA ) and a booby game ( DOABV ) and all of a sudden he can talk **** about other devs like he is god or something ?

shaggymcp
well Ninja Theory hasn't released a good game yet....KungFuChos sucked.......and Ninja Gaiden isn't a "good game". It's one of the best ever made in it's genre. Based off HS demo it's combat system is weak sauce compared to NGS's smooth and deep combat.
shadowcat2576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#77 shadowcat2576
Member since 2006 • 908 Posts

I don't have a PS3, so haven't played the HS demo. However, I have to say that QTE are a pretty dull gameplay element. They have been in games for a long time (Hello Dragon's Lair) They allow for a visually impressive sequence but gameplay is lacking. It becomes a slightly less boring game of Simon.

I have no idea how much of the gameplay is this type. I know we've seen one sequence. If there are a lot of these throughout the game, it could in deed hurt the overall experience.

dsgamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 dsgamer1
Member since 2004 • 298 Posts

shaggymcp

If you are a good programmer like him you can talk trash.You are NOT a programmer, so SHUT THE F UP!

Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts

Ninja Gaiden is all about meticulous control. You control every single thing Ryu does, which is also a reason for its high difficulty. You won't survive past the first level in that game by button mashing (at least in Ninja Gaiden Black). In fact, Ninja Gaiden is most famed for its control scheme, and how incredibly responsive and smooth it is.

It's understandable that the creator of NG would hate timed-button presses in a similar type of game, as they're basically like interactive cutscenes and offer limited control to the player, a stark contrast to a game like Ninja Gaiden. I've heard many rumblings of button-mashing in Heavenly Sword, too, which he probably isn't a fan of either.

Bladefighter23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Bladefighter23
Member since 2005 • 1201 Posts
He made Ninja Gaiden so he can say whatever he wants about other action games.
Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Michael85
Member since 2005 • 3971 Posts
He's just saying that the whole "watch a scene happen and press whatever button flashes on the screen" thing is lame. I can easily see his point. He's saying that if you're not really playing the game, just pushing one button that you're prompted to push and then watching an animation, then what the hell's the point? Might as well be playing some rythm game.
Shusty_lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Shusty_lives
Member since 2007 • 584 Posts
[QUOTE="inertk"]

blacktorn

I was actually looking forward for you to make a smart, intelligent post about why PS3 games are halfed-baked. However, seeing how you named games that not even out nor played left me disappointed. You win Fanboy of the day!

Arsenal325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Arsenal325
Member since 2005 • 4899 Posts
i played both demos and i have to say i think HEAVENLY SWORD> NINJA GAIDEN.. i love the controls in heavenly sword.. the different stances are awesome..
amourkiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#84 amourkiss
Member since 2003 • 1751 Posts

shaggymcp

agree

he even despite Tekken 6

I mean, come on, everybody knows Tekken 6 is gonna rock !!

Mad_Rhetoric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Mad_Rhetoric
Member since 2005 • 3642 Posts

I still respect Itagaki, he makes comments like these all the time but he is still one of the best game devs out there.

I mean Heavenly sword doesn't even have a jump button.

NG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>HS

iLiveBy2words

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 iLiveBy2words
Member since 2005 • 550 Posts
Ninja Gaiden Black is still better than any next-gen game to date...except Ninja Gaiden Sigma.
Mad_Rhetoric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Mad_Rhetoric
says the game who made the same game 3 timesRagashahs
:lol: your pathetic
snorlaxmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#88 snorlaxmaster
Member since 2005 • 1490 Posts
Well you see this game (being an action game) will be in direct competition with his latest game (also an action game.) He just wants the sales of those buying HS. Its still pretty rude if you ask me. :|
Mad_Rhetoric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Mad_Rhetoric
Well you see this game (being an action game) will be in direct competition with his latest game (also an action game.) He just wants the sales of those buying HS. Its still pretty rude if you ask me. :|snorlaxmaster
itagaki didn't work on sigma at all, and ninja gaiden sigma already sold well in japan, I don't know how it did here
ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#90 ChiefFreeman
Member since 2005 • 5667 Posts
[QUOTE="shaggymcp"]

Dreams-Visions

I agree with him. I found many elements of the gameplay were rather empty and rewardless.

I'm almost totally convinced that the story and audio will carry this game to an 8.5. Gameplay will not be this game's selling point. Not at all. Not when compared to the best action games out there.

AAA it will not be.

I agree 100%.

Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts
wtf, i love ninja gaiden but this guy is the meaning of arrogance. he calls it half-assed but comes out with a game like dead or alive extreme. what an idiot.
Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts

He's just saying that the whole "watch a scene happen and press whatever button flashes on the screen" thing is lame. I can easily see his point. He's saying that if you're not really playing the game, just pushing one button that you're prompted to push and then watching an animation, then what the hell's the point? Might as well be playing some rythm game.Michael85

its called context sensitive loads of great games have used it, shenmue, resident evil, god of war.

xboxps2cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 xboxps2cube
Member since 2005 • 1362 Posts

shaggymcp

any game that contends with his cup of tea is not cool.... yes ninja gaiden is good and yes DOA is cool but dang dev's hating devs now. i wonder how he feels about God of War?

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts

shaggymcp
you have created nothing yet you go around and bash anything you want.......... and BTW what's he supposed to base his impressions on?