Iwata:Wii-U under powered is a BIG misconception

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dustin_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Dustin_W
Member since 2013 • 44 Posts
How do they remedy this? The graphics hardware is done-- the goose is cooked. All they can do is change the market to whom they are selling this thing to by removing the tablet controller from the basic package so they can slash the price to $150.
caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#102 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
"Please understand"......"I must apologize" How many times can Iwata come out and repeat it? He's been saying this for a long time now, and it's getting to be pathetic. As if somehow saying these things excuses everything. Apparently he "understands" that he's not achieving what he's setting out to do, which only leaves two possibilities: he doesn't care (not likely) or is incompetent. Either way, this guy has got to go. If you feel the need to continue to tell people to understand, Iwata, then you're failing to make sense. MirkoS77
Exactly. The customer is always right and these customers (gamers) think you have a crappy product for 2013.
caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 caseypayne69
When he was talking 3rd party support he was referring to shovel ware that will be sold at your local Big-Lots or Rural King store.
caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 caseypayne69
[QUOTE="Gue1"]

[QUOTE="mexicangordo"]

"Nintendo is working on re-vitalizing the Wii U this Summer and Fall. Earlier this month,"

I think with this quote alone pretty much garentees that the rumors of a Wii-U "re-launch" is gonna happen sometime around E3.  The 3DS had a very successful re-launch,  I can see something similiar for the Wii U (minus the price cut.)

MFDOOM1983

3DS was only saved by the massive price-cut from $250 to $160, re-launches are irrelevant. For a similar effect the Wii U will need to go from $300 to $192 and nothing else can save it. It's always about the price, just look at the PS3 and then the PsP and then 3DS. People doesn't care about what's inside or its reliability (look at RRoD), they just want cheap stuff even if they are sh1t like the old Wii which stinks or broken from the manufacturer like the X360.

So, a big factor in wii-u's current troubles is price($299-$350), but consumers bought 360 because it was "cheap stuff"($299-$399). How exactly does that work?

Was seven years ago. That's how it worked.
bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#105 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

...not gonna buy it Iwata, it has 8-year old tech.

caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 caseypayne69
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="mexicangordo"] Iwata:Wii-U under powered is a BIG misconception Bread_or_Decide
No it isn't. *Slaps Iwata for stupidity and denial*

I wanna slap him every time he shows up on Nintendo Direct. Hate that guy.

Me three. He is not good for Nintendo do.
caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 caseypayne69
He is clearly in denial if he thinks the Wii U isn't underpowered. The system is using hardware that was obsolete six years ago. Nintendo is just a really cheap company and expects its fanbase to overpay for crap hardware. Fizzman
He might be comparing his console to something in the Leapster isle at Wal-Mart.
caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 caseypayne69
[QUOTE="ultimate-k"]

Don;t speak more BS iwata please, its underpowered face it. 

AmnesiaHaze
the even worse problem is that its "undergamed" too

I know it's stupid but I have more faith in Apples next iPhone in graphics than the Wii U. Heck I think my iPhone 5 is nicer.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

^Can't you learn to multi-quote or just put everything into one post? Not to mention that's some horrible Nintendo hate and people saying it's old tech have no idea what they're talking about.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
Put your money where your mouth is NintyCapitan_Kid
This. Nintendo needs to show by example.
Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#111 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Nintendo will have games this year that get rid of that misconception.

Getting 3rd party's on board for multiplats is another story.  It doesn't matter to me if it gets multiplats that should be played on Ps4 anyways, just Nintendo.

At least Wii U is going to have some great 3rd party exclusives.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 deactivated-57d8401f17c55

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"]Put your money where your mouth is NintyKaze_no_Mirai

Nintendo and developing from the ground up to the max is night and day different from 3rd party ports.

If Nintendo's example was enough Wii would've gotten multiplats.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

[QUOTE="Kaze_no_Mirai"][QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"]Put your money where your mouth is NintyChozofication

Nintendo and developing from the ground up to the max is night and day different from 3rd party ports.

I'm only refering to the Wii U being underpowered. Right now we haven't seen anything that proves otherwise and I love my Wii U. Nintendo needs to set the example and prove that it has a machine that is more than capable.
Selkc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#114 Selkc
Member since 2011 • 203 Posts

I just don't get why Nintendo didn't do all this extra stuff to begin with. Perhaps their management is too busy playing Mario than actually running the company.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 deactivated-57d8401f17c55

[QUOTE="Chozofication"]

[QUOTE="Kaze_no_Mirai"] This. Nintendo needs to show by example.Kaze_no_Mirai

I'm only refering to the Wii U being underpowered. Right now we haven't seen anything that proves otherwise and I love my Wii U. Nintendo needs to set the example and prove that it has a machine that is more than capable.

Underpowered compared to what?  It's head and shoulder's above Xbox 360. 

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#116 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I just don't get why Nintendo didn't do all this extra stuff to begin with. Perhaps their management is too busy playing Mario than actually running the company.

Selkc

They were trying to prepare for HD development most likely.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Wii U is not underpowered...to people who know jack shit about technology.

caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 caseypayne69

^Can't you learn to multi-quote or just put everything into one post? Not to mention that's some horrible Nintendo hate and people saying it's old tech have no idea what they're talking about.

ChubbyGuy40
Was on iPhone. No time to copy paste multi quotes.
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#119 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

misconception....so its a lot more powerful than what we can see? even if it is, its still not going to match up to ps4 and the xbox3

AlwaysParagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#120 AlwaysParagon
Member since 2012 • 102 Posts

I don't see the Wii U being as successful as the 720 and PS4, but I still believe there is a lot of potential in the system and that once the fluctuation of games kicks in, it'll find a foundation. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts

[QUOTE="Kaze_no_Mirai"][QUOTE="Chozofication"]

Chozofication

Underpowered compared to what?  It's head and shoulder's above Xbox 360. 

True it's not underpowered yet, but the rest of the consoles will be out soon enough. 3ds is above psp and had a year of not being underpowered then vita came out. We have seen games like killzone for ps4 so people have already made comparisons.
Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

Can't say I'm not enjoying what is happening to Nintendo. Sort of a lesson on what not to do to core gamers.

Hope the same fate to MS "if" the rumors of underpowerd casual X720 were true.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Can't say I'm not enjoying what is happening to Nintendo. Sort of a lesson on what not to do to core gamers.

Mystery_Writer

They were trying to appeal to "core" gamers in the GameCube era but it didn't work out that well...

They had some pretty cool commercials at launch frame:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP-xFCajpm8

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

Mystery_Writer

They didn't do anything to the core gamer...If anything MS has done worse to the core gamer than any other system last gen.

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

[QUOTE="Mystery_Writer"]

nameless12345

They were trying to appeal to "core" gamers in the GameCube era but it didn't work out that well...

I'm really not a fan of this sort of argument. So they failed with a certain consumer base (a very important one at that) one gen, so just give up on them???

Look at the Wii-U, designed mostly for the "casual" base and look how that's doing with them... So assuming they don't ever manage to bring that big "Wii" consumer base over to the Wii-U this gen they should just give up on that casual base too in the future???

What does that leave them with??? Failed a gen with cores so give up on them, potential to fail a gen with casuals now so give up on them too??.....

They need to rethink their strategy and target consumers better next home console cycle.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

[QUOTE="Mystery_Writer"]

mexicangordo

They didn't do anything to the core gamer...If anything MS has done worse to the core gamer than any other system last gen.

The manufacturer of the console that has the largest, high-scoring library of its gen did the core gamer worse than Nintendo? The company that popularized this motion gaming shit and released a console that gave 3rd parties the middle finger, again. I know some people really love nintendo's old ips, but come on, man.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="mexicangordo"]

[QUOTE="Mystery_Writer"]

MFDOOM1983

The manufacturer of the console that has the largest, high-scoring library of its gen did the core gamer worse than Nintendo? The company that popularized this motion gaming shit and released a console that gave 3rd parties the middle finger, again. I know some people really love nintendo's old ips, but come on, man.

MS abandoned the core gamers started producing casual games in the last three years or so and barely published any exclusives.MS may actually try to please both groups next gen.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 MFDOOM1983

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="mexicangordo"] They didn't do anything to the core gamer...If anything MS has done worse to the core gamer than any other system last gen.

super600

MS abandoned the core gamers started producing casual games in the last three years or so and barely published any exclusives.MS may actually try to please both groups next gen.

Yeah, I'll take a handful of top notch 1st party games from MS and an onslaught of 3rd party games that release so frequently that I actually don't have enough time to play them all.... Instead of waiting 4-6 months for the next Nintendo game that may, or may not appeal to me. I don't know about you, but I'll pick quality and quantity, over just quality 10 times out of 10.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"] The manufacturer of the console that has the largest, high-scoring library of its gen did the core gamer worse than Nintendo? The company that popularized this motion gaming shit and released a console that gave 3rd parties the middle finger, again. I know some people really love nintendo's old ips, but come on, man.MFDOOM1983

Yeah, I'll take a handful of top notch 1st party games from MS and an onslaught of 3rd party games that release so frequently that I actually don't have enough time to play them all.... Instead of waiting 4-6 months for the next Nintendo game that may, or may not appeal to me. I don't know about you, but I'll pick quality and quantity, over just quality 10 times out of 10.

I pick quantity to, but that's what the cows use to bash MS.

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#130 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111411 Posts
That "try to lure" third parties line just calls to mind an image of Reggie driving an inconspicuous white van, with a bag of candy.darkspineslayer
Reggie holds a bold rape face...
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 MFDOOM1983

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="super600"]

super600

I pick quantity to, but that's what the cows use to bash MS.

There will be specific games that speak to each person, but in the general sense, 360 would be the ideal console for most core gamers. One simply cannot deny that it has the largest library of quality games(MC, GS and GR) of any console last generation.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

[QUOTE="Mystery_Writer"]

kenakuma

I'm really not a fan of this sort of argument. So they failed with a certain consumer base (a very important one at that) one gen, so just give up on them???

Look at the Wii-U, designed mostly for the "casual" base and look how that's doing with them... So assuming they don't ever manage to bring that big "Wii" consumer base over to the Wii-U this gen they should just give up on that casual base too in the future???

What does that leave them with??? Failed a gen with cores so give up on them, potential to fail a gen with casuals now so give up on them too??.....

They need to rethink their strategy and target consumers better next home console cycle.

I agree with you but at the same time I think going with the same philosopy as Sony (e.g. full focus on powerful hardware and high production games) would not work that well for Nintendo.

They need to play on different cards like control innovations, lower price, Nintendo exclusives and "family friendly" image in order to succeed.

The base problem with the WiiU is really that it doesn't have many "must have" Nintendo exclusives that would wow people yet.

I also think that making a bundle with just the pro pad for a lower price might actually not be that bad idea, if all games were made compatible with it.

As for the 3rd party problematic - I think people need first to ask themselves what kind of 3rd party games they would like to play on a Nintendo system.

I think the system needs more unique 3rd party games built ground-up for the U.

The Wonderful 101 is a great example but it would also need to be backed with some advertising to make Nintendo gamers interested, perhaps backed by Nintendo themselves.

I do not see the platform being very good for console cross-platform titles, especially not in the future.

But if we're discussing cross-platform handheld titles, then we may have a common language.