ITS OFFICIAL! = the 360 vs. ps3 price arguement is a lame and worn out topic!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

deathmasterk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deathmasterk
Member since 2006 • 716 Posts

so a 360 is $400 and you gotta have xbl. a ps3 costs $600 and you dont pay for online, cry me a river already! i mean come on, if you can afford one you can afford the other. honestly, if your cash is that tight you should stick to the ps2, xbox, or gamecube but, if you got enough cash to blow on a 360 or a ps3 then dont buy one and wine about how much the other one costs!

-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts
It's been a lame and worn out topic since the very first price comparison thread.
SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 SgtWhiskeyjack
Member since 2004 • 16364 Posts

Agreed. I thought that gaming was peoples obsession on here, it is mine and I won't put a price tag on my enjoyment of gaming. I'll pay whatever it takes.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
Agree. We need to beg the mods to sticky it on the first page so we don't have to look at the lameness anymore.
Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Strakha
Member since 2003 • 1824 Posts
I don't agree. The 360 costs less than the PS3.
Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Strakha

Agreed. I thought that gaming was peoples obsession on here, it is mine and I won't put a price tag on my enjoyment of gaming. I'll pay whatever it takes.SgtWhiskeyjack

It's silly to assume people will want to spend more money than they have need to get the gaming experience they want. Not everyone is going to want to play MMORPGs but that doesn't mean they are not interested in gaming. This isn't some sort of hive mind where everyone has to agree and enjoy all aspects of gaming.

dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dubvisions
Member since 2006 • 1815 Posts
[QUOTE="SgtWhiskeyjack"]

Agreed. I thought that gaming was peoples obsession on here, it is mine and I won't put a price tag on my enjoyment of gaming. I'll pay whatever it takes.Strakha

It's silly to assume people will want to spend more money than they have need to get the gaming experience they want. Not everyone is going to want to play MMORPGs but that doesn't mean they are not interested in gaming. This isn't some sort of hive mind where everyone has to agree and enjoy all aspects of gaming.

the problem is, when it really comes down to it, that people will say whatever they want to defend their chosen console. A 360 owner will always hold onto the price difference to try and prove that the PS3 price is too high. The PS3 owner will always try to tell the 360 owner that the price difference is because of features that make it better than the 360 but the 360 owner will never believe that. So, what's the point? Why keep arguing about the price when that's not what its about? If it was 100% certain that the PS3 was better, no one would complain much about the price. If 360 was the sure winner, no one would spend the extra money on the PS3. Its that simnple.
Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Strakha
[QUOTE="Strakha"][QUOTE="SgtWhiskeyjack"]

Agreed. I thought that gaming was peoples obsession on here, it is mine and I won't put a price tag on my enjoyment of gaming. I'll pay whatever it takes.dubvisions

the problem is, when it really comes down to it, that people will say whatever they want to defend their chosen console. A 360 owner will always hold onto the price difference to try and prove that the PS3 price is too high. The PS3 owner will always try to tell the 360 owner that the price difference is because of features that make it better than the 360 but the 360 owner will never believe that. So, what's the point? Why keep arguing about the price when that's not what its about? If it was 100% certain that the PS3 was better, no one would complain much about the price. If 360 was the sure winner, no one would spend the extra money on the PS3. Its that simnple.

Price was the biggest factor for me. I would be fine with the PS3 or 360 since they both have a lot of the same games and their exclusives are both decent enough. The same was true when I bought the DS over the PSP. Games are games and for the most part I'm not willing to spend more than I have to on them. That said, I would never buy a Wii just because it's cheaper. It's just too different to what I want and to what the PS3 and 360 provide.

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#9 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts
Actually here in Canada, the PS3 is 698 dollars after taxes. Plus a couple games = 840 dollars. They don't even have a VGA cable out yet for my monitor (360 did at launch). And no, I can't afford to spend that much money in one night on a gaming system. Rent, school, food, gas money, and social life money all say no. But, nice try. I want a PS3 though :(
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 FearlessSpirit
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
Although I agree and the price was never a factor for me anyway, I hardly see how this is 'official'.
Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Timesplitter14
Member since 2006 • 5934 Posts
I agree. They're the same price
dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dubvisions
Price was the biggest factor for me. I would be fine with the PS3 or 360 since they both have a lot of the same games and their exclusives are both decent enough. The same was true when I bought the DS over the PSP. Games are games and for the most part I'm not willing to spend more than I have to on them. That said, I would never buy a Wii just because it's cheaper. It's just too different to what I want and to what the PS3 and 360 provide.Strakha
So was price your biggest factor or not? You just totally contradicted yourself. Do you have an HDTV? If so, was it free? If not, why worry so much about being on an HD system on a SDTV?
Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Strakha

Actually here in Canada, the PS3 is 698 dollars after taxes. Plus a couple games = 840 dollars. They don't even have a VGA cable out yet for my monitor (360 did at launch). And no, I can't afford to spend that much money in one night on a gaming system. Rent, school, food, gas money, and social life money all say no. But, nice try. I want a PS3 though :(immortality20

Here the difference is even bigger. I got a 360 and DOA 4 for $600 and the PS3 costs $1000 with no games. There is a lot of other things I enjoy more than gaming that I can spend that $400 on and the PS3 would not be so much better that the price difference is worth it. In fact regardless of price I think the 360 will have the most games i want but as I said if it wasn't for the price I would be fine with 360 or PS3. Both have some good games coming out and many of the same games.

Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Strakha

[QUOTE="Strakha"]Price was the biggest factor for me. I would be fine with the PS3 or 360 since they both have a lot of the same games and their exclusives are both decent enough. The same was true when I bought the DS over the PSP. Games are games and for the most part I'm not willing to spend more than I have to on them. That said, I would never buy a Wii just because it's cheaper. It's just too different to what I want and to what the PS3 and 360 provide.dubvisions
So was price your biggest factor or not? You just totally contradicted yourself. Do you have an HDTV? If so, was it free? If not, why worry so much about being on an HD system on a SDTV?

The PS2 isn't getting many more games and games are why I buy consoles. The 360 games I have would have the same gameplay on a sdtv or a hdtv and they sure look a lot better than my PS2 games.

dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dubvisions
Here the difference is even bigger. I got a 360 and DOA 4 for $600 and the PS3 costs $1000 with no games. There is a lot of other things I enjoy more than gaming that I can spend that $400 and the PS3 would no be so much better that the price difference is worth it, in fact regardless of price I think the 360 will have the most games i want but as I said if it wasn't for the price I would be fine with 360 or PS3. Both have some good games coming out and many of the same games.Strakha
You see. This is what we are talking about. It isn;t about the price. there's other factors that you are putting into play that have nothing to do with price. "regardless of price I think the 360 will have the most games i want" Total contradiction.
Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Strakha

[QUOTE="Strakha"]Here the difference is even bigger. I got a 360 and DOA 4 for $600 and the PS3 costs $1000 with no games. There is a lot of other things I enjoy more than gaming that I can spend that $400 and the PS3 would no be so much better that the price difference is worth it, in fact regardless of price I think the 360 will have the most games i want but as I said if it wasn't for the price I would be fine with 360 or PS3. Both have some good games coming out and many of the same games.dubvisions
You see. This is what we are talking about. It isn;t about the price. there's other factors that you are putting into play that have nothing to do with price. "regardless of price I think the 360 will have the most games i want" Total contradiction.

Yes but if the PS3 was cheaper I would have got that because as I have said all along, they both have good games and many of the games they are getting the same. How many times do I have to say this? Also I said "I think the 360 will have the most games I want" I really don't know if that is true but I do know I would be happy with the 360's OR the PS3's game libraries. The vast majority of the games I want are on both systems.

Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts
Yes, even if its technically correct depending on what all people get with 360 the methodology is crap and its made by fanboys who are just annoying. What happened to all the funny fanboys?
dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dubvisions

[QUOTE="dubvisions"][QUOTE="Strakha"]Here the difference is even bigger. I got a 360 and DOA 4 for $600 and the PS3 costs $1000 with no games. There is a lot of other things I enjoy more than gaming that I can spend that $400 and the PS3 would no be so much better that the price difference is worth it, in fact regardless of price I think the 360 will have the most games i want but as I said if it wasn't for the price I would be fine with 360 or PS3. Both have some good games coming out and many of the same games.Strakha

Yes but if the PS3 was cheaper I would have got that because as I have said all along, they both have good games and many of the games they are getting the same. How many times do I have to say this?

Are you smoking crack??? You say 360 has more games and then you say they are equal in games. THE POINT IS THAT IST NOT ABOUT PRICE. You have totally proven that. You have totally proven this thread as right while trying to argue against it. Good job, buddy. Take another hit.
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts

so a 360 is $400 and you gotta have xbl. a ps3 costs $600 and you dont pay for online, cry me a river already! i mean come on, if you can afford one you can afford the other. honestly, if your cash is that tight you should stick to the ps2, xbox, or gamecube but, if you got enough cash to blow on a 360 or a ps3 then dont buy one and wine about how much the other one costs!

deathmasterk

Xbox live is .14 cent a day. If no one can afford that then............. 

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#20 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts
[QUOTE="Strakha"]

[QUOTE="dubvisions"][QUOTE="Strakha"]Here the difference is even bigger. I got a 360 and DOA 4 for $600 and the PS3 costs $1000 with no games. There is a lot of other things I enjoy more than gaming that I can spend that $400 and the PS3 would no be so much better that the price difference is worth it, in fact regardless of price I think the 360 will have the most games i want but as I said if it wasn't for the price I would be fine with 360 or PS3. Both have some good games coming out and many of the same games.dubvisions

Yes but if the PS3 was cheaper I would have got that because as I have said all along, they both have good games and many of the games they are getting the same. How many times do I have to say this?

Are you smoking crack??? You say 360 has more games and then you say they are equal in games. THE POINT IS THAT IST NOT ABOUT PRICE. You have totally proven that. You have totally proven this thread as right while trying to argue against it. Good job, buddy. Take another hit.

My point is it is exactly about price at this time. I can't spend 840 dollars (or just 700 dollars here in canada on the console with no games) when I have rent, food, gas money etc to pay. Some people don't live with their parents for free so you have to understand that being smart with money is a must.

dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dubvisions
My point is it is exactly about price at this time. I can't spend 840 dollars (or just 700 dollars here in canada on the console with no games) when I have rent, food, gas money etc to pay. Some people don't live with their parents for free so you have to understand that being smart with money is a must.immortality20
If you're struggling that much, which i understand because I've been there, than you probably shouldn't be spending your time on here or playing games. Just a thought.
Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Strakha
[QUOTE="Strakha"]

[QUOTE="dubvisions"][QUOTE="Strakha"]Here the difference is even bigger. I got a 360 and DOA 4 for $600 and the PS3 costs $1000 with no games. There is a lot of other things I enjoy more than gaming that I can spend that $400 and the PS3 would no be so much better that the price difference is worth it, in fact regardless of price I think the 360 will have the most games i want but as I said if it wasn't for the price I would be fine with 360 or PS3. Both have some good games coming out and many of the same games.dubvisions

All I meant by that was regardless of price the 360 may very well end up being the best console for me (I didn't know if that would be true when I bought it and I still don't know it now). It might be the best but regardless of what might happen I would have bought the cheaper option because at this point the difference isn't going to be much and it could go either way. They both have enough games i want and the price was the main deciding factor.

Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts

[QUOTE="immortality20"]My point is it is exactly about price at this time. I can't spend 840 dollars (or just 700 dollars here in canada on the console with no games) when I have rent, food, gas money etc to pay. Some people don't live with their parents for free so you have to understand that being smart with money is a must.dubvisions
If you're struggling that much, which i understand because I've been there, than you probably shouldn't be spending your time on here or playing games. Just a thought.

Well... Dub you do have a point. Immortality I was trying to defend you but Dub makes a very good point.  

Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts

[QUOTE="immortality20"]My point is it is exactly about price at this time. I can't spend 840 dollars (or just 700 dollars here in canada on the console with no games) when I have rent, food, gas money etc to pay. Some people don't live with their parents for free so you have to understand that being smart with money is a must.dubvisions

Not many people can go out and spend 800 dollars on a video game console and not feel the backlash. Are you suggesting these people shouldn't game when there are simpler, cheaper alternatives anyway?

dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dubvisions

[QUOTE="dubvisions"][QUOTE="immortality20"]My point is it is exactly about price at this time. I can't spend 840 dollars (or just 700 dollars here in canada on the console with no games) when I have rent, food, gas money etc to pay. Some people don't live with their parents for free so you have to understand that being smart with money is a must.fatzombiepigeon

Not many people can go out and spend 800 dollars on a video game console and not feel the backlash. Are you suggesting these people shouldn't game when there are simpler, cheaper alternatives anyway?

No. Not exactly. It depends on what you have now. If you already have a console but don't have much money, keep playing that console or go to a rich friends house. But don't go spending $250, $400, or $600 on a console. How much food do you get for $250? A ton. I'm just saying, if you're going to be struggling to get food, gas, pay rent, or whatever, you probably need to put your priorities in order. And buying a "next-gen" console shouldn;t be near the top of the list. If you're not struggling, you have the ability to save money. And, I believe, you can save $600 just as you can save $400. So, the price issue really is null-and-void. Either you can afford a "next-gen" console or you can't. Don;t give me this $200 price difference crap.
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 fatzombiepigeon
[QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"]

[QUOTE="dubvisions"][QUOTE="immortality20"]My point is it is exactly about price at this time. I can't spend 840 dollars (or just 700 dollars here in canada on the console with no games) when I have rent, food, gas money etc to pay. Some people don't live with their parents for free so you have to understand that being smart with money is a must.dubvisions

No. Not exactly. It depends on what you have now. If you already have a console but don't have much money, keep playing that console or go to a rich friends house. But don't go spending $250, $400, or $600 on a console. How much food do you get for $250? A ton. I'm just saying, if you're going to be struggling to get food, gas, pay rent, or whatever, you probably need to put your priorities in order. And buying a "next-gen" console shouldn;t be near the top of the list. If you're not struggling, you have the ability to save money. And, I believe, you can save $600 just as you can save $400. So, the price issue really is null-and-void. Either you can afford a "next-gen" console or you can't. Don;t give me this $200 price difference crap.

I don't think he's struggling. My family makes plenty of money, they aren't going to pay anything over 400 dollars straight up for a video game console. I have asked them even if it has Blu-Ray for their massive HDTV and surround sound. They simply don't want to, and know it would set them back significantly. They never will.  He can't pay 840 dollars straight up. Not many people can. They can however, pay lower amounts. I am not refering to only the 360.
Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Strakha

If you're not struggling, you have the ability to save money. And, I believe, you can save $600 just as you can save $400. So, the price issue really is null-and-void. Either you can afford a "next-gen" console or you can't. Don;t give me this $200 price difference crap.dubvisions

Saving money is exactly what this is about. You don't need to be struggling to want to save money. Why spend $200 more when you can satisfy your gaming needs for less?

fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 fatzombiepigeon

[QUOTE="dubvisions"]If you're not struggling, you have the ability to save money. And, I believe, you can save $600 just as you can save $400. So, the price issue really is null-and-void. Either you can afford a "next-gen" console or you can't. Don;t give me this $200 price difference crap.Strakha

Saving money is exactly what this is about. You don't need to be struggling to want to save money. Why spend $200 more when you can satisfy your gaming needs for less?

I am not saying the whole 200 dollars is that big for some people, but like he said: You can buy a ton of groceries for roughly 200 dollars. It is a significant difference, though not as much as the people here make it out to be.

dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dubvisions
[QUOTE="dubvisions"][QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"]

[QUOTE="dubvisions"][QUOTE="immortality20"]My point is it is exactly about price at this time. I can't spend 840 dollars (or just 700 dollars here in canada on the console with no games) when I have rent, food, gas money etc to pay. Some people don't live with their parents for free so you have to understand that being smart with money is a must.fatzombiepigeon

I don't think he's struggling. My family makes plenty of money, they aren't going to pay anything over 400 dollars straight up for a video game console. I have asked them even if it has Blu-Ray for their massive HDTV and surround sound. They simply don't want to, and know it would set them back significantly. They never will.  He can't pay 840 dollars straight up. Not many people can. They can however, pay lower amounts. I am not refering to only the 360.

Why would someone living with their parents make any statements on who may be struggling. you haven;t a clue what struggling means. I'm not really sure why someone who hasn't spent any of their own money would get into a conversation about just that, money. Any point you make is worthless because you have no idea what it may be like to decide between paying a bill and food. When I was broke, if i really wanted something, i had to be patient. i wouldn;t go buy something else as a replacement to what i wanted because it may be cheaper. i waited until I could get what i want. My want out weighed my lack of patience.
dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dubvisions

[QUOTE="dubvisions"]If you're not struggling, you have the ability to save money. And, I believe, you can save $600 just as you can save $400. So, the price issue really is null-and-void. Either you can afford a "next-gen" console or you can't. Don;t give me this $200 price difference crap.Strakha

i personally needed to spend more because i wouldn't be satisfied with a system i thought was inferior. (That is only opinion) I had quarrels with the $200 difference because i knew what i was getting. That's my point and, I think, the point of this thread. Most 360 owners believe that the 360 is the better system and therefore don;t see the need for the extra $200. Those that did value all that the PS3 offered, saved the funds to get the system they thought was best. It has nothing to do with the money. Even if the console is less money, I don;t want to waste that money on a system i believe is less of a system, get it? Just like now. if I were a leeming, I wouldn;t buy a 360 until the Elite came out. because if i bought the premium, I would be getting the best console for me and would have wasted my money.
Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Strakha
[QUOTE="Strakha"]

[QUOTE="dubvisions"]If you're not struggling, you have the ability to save money. And, I believe, you can save $600 just as you can save $400. So, the price issue really is null-and-void. Either you can afford a "next-gen" console or you can't. Don;t give me this $200 price difference crap.dubvisions

i personally needed to spend more because i wouldn't be satisfied with a system i thought was inferior. (That is only opinion) I had quarrels with the $200 difference because i knew what i was getting. That's my point and, I think, the point of this thread. Most 360 owners believe that the 360 is the better system and therefore don;t see the need for the extra $200. Those that did value all that the PS3 offered, saved the funds to get the system they thought was best. It has nothing to do with the money. Even if the console is less money, I don;t want to waste that money on a system i believe is less of a system, get it? Just like now. if I were a leeming, I wouldn;t buy a 360 until the Elite came out. because if i bought the premium, I would be getting the best console for me and would have wasted my money.

See my earlier post where I said there was no way I would get a Wii just because it's cheaper. So I agree with this. No one would even spend a $1 on a system that doesn't give them what they are looking for in a gaming system. However in my case I consider both the 360 and PS3 to have the hardware and games I'm looking for in a gaming system. So under these conditions price becomes an issue.

fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fatzombiepigeon
[QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"][QUOTE="dubvisions"][QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"]

[QUOTE="dubvisions"][QUOTE="immortality20"]My point is it is exactly about price at this time. I can't spend 840 dollars (or just 700 dollars here in canada on the console with no games) when I have rent, food, gas money etc to pay. Some people don't live with their parents for free so you have to understand that being smart with money is a must.dubvisions

Why would someone living with their parents make any statements on who may be struggling. you haven;t a clue what struggling means. I'm not really sure why someone who hasn't spent any of their own money would get into a conversation about just that, money. Any point you make is worthless because you have no idea what it may be like to decide between paying a bill and food. When I was broke, if i really wanted something, i had to be patient. i wouldn;t go buy something else as a replacement to what i wanted because it may be cheaper. i waited until I could get what i want. My want out weighed my lack of patience.

I wasn't trying to assert that and if it seemed that way I apologize. I was merely stating just because he can't pay 840 dollars doesn't mean he's struggling. But whatever.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#33 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Well, even if the PS3 cost the same as the 360, it still leaves much to be desired feature wise. But back to reality... the 360 does more, AND it costs less. Very few people will need the Elite. I can run 1080p over VGA just dandy, and I don't need 6X the Hard Drive space, so the price difference is relevant.