Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

Remember the PSP GO discless gamestop woudln't sell it walmart wouldn't sell it retail stores want retail discs duh what a fucking retarded move from microsoft this is gonan get kicked outa stores

Shhhhhhh………..don't tell anyone but traditional retail is shrinking. Remember Tower Records, Blockbuster Video, and Toys R' Us????

Yeah neither do I.

Digital or die.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@kuu2: dude walmart and amazon aren't gonna support this trash and amazon is huge they like selling discs they don't get profit off digital sales bought on xbox one store

WALMART Is huge man they are a big deal that store is always packed and filled with americans

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kuu2 said:

Shhhhhhh………..don't tell anyone but traditional retail is shrinking. Remember Tower Records, Blockbuster Video, and Toys R' Us????

Yeah neither do I.

Digital or die.

Blockbuster wasn't kill by digital movies in fact when netflix started it was a subscription DVD rental by mail it wasn't movie streaming,the concept of having a no charge for late fee service that would send the movie to your door was huge.

Toys R us wasn't kill by digital toys but by online sales,which again like netflix they deliver the product to your door,you are talking about digital vs physical which in video games is different and which causes a total backlash on 2013 after MS try to push it mandatory basically your disc were nothing more than a storage device and once you installed the game the disc was useless basically.

But then again on 2013 you people were defending MS shitty policies so no surprise here to see you defending this again.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

Good for those who are only digital except the S is already $200. If they want to make this $100 then that is a game changer.

I personally like having physical games that I own for the most part. Allows for collecting and reselling. I’ve also been on a steelbook kick which I know is stupid but what can I do. ?‍♂️?

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 708 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

@kuu2: dude walmart and amazon aren't gonna support this trash and amazon is huge they like selling discs they don't get profit off digital sales bought on xbox one store

WALMART Is huge man they are a big deal that store is always packed and filled with americans

Why do you say that and what do you base that knowledge off of? Amazon offers both digital and physical for games. When newly released...typically at the same cost as a physical copy. Same goes for most retail stores, Walmart, Target, GameStop. Best Buy does this as well and even has a walk up kiosk for purchasing digital versions.

I can download directly from the Xbox (or PSN) store today with my current consoles yet these stores sell the consoles. Why would online or brick and mortar not support the SKU of a discless system? They are already selling the digital versions along side the physical.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-60bf765068a74
@mobius_basic said:
@ProtossRushX said:

Why do you say that and what do you base that knowledge off of? Amazon offers both digital and physical for games. When newly released...typically at the same cost as a physical copy. Same goes for most retail stores, Walmart, Target, GameStop. Best Buy does this as well and even has a walk up kiosk for purchasing digital versions.

I can download directly from the Xbox (or PSN) store today with my current consoles yet these stores sell the consoles. Why would online or brick and mortar not support the SKU of a discless system? They are already selling the digital versions along side the physical.

most people just click on the SONY/MSFT store nobody uses those sites to buy digital and i think thats mainly PC codes unless microsoft and sony let people put in codes too I never tried it

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

This is a cool idea, interesting to see how it works.

To those freaking out:

"Thurrott notes that "Microsoft is moving forward very carefully...as it knows that a sizeable portion of its users do prefer to buy physical games and not download them." For that reason, a revised version of the Xbox One S, which is reportedly due to launch later in 2019, will include a disc-drive. However, the intention with this second new model is to focus on cost reduction, so existing features may be trimmed and changed elsewhere."

Its an option, they arent going to stop making traditional consoles.

Also, PSPGo failed............NOT because it was digital, but because not all games were available digitally, it was expensive, and there was no way to get all of your existing games.

This doesnt have that problem.

If MS can find a way for retailers to get a bigger cut or offer disc to digital in store, it would give them incentive to carry the hardware.

I dunno, will be interesting to see.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-60bf765068a74

Also how do you put in your xbox or 360 discs to play BC i thought microsoft was all about BC having 2 generations more on the system are they giving those digital games as well for physical and where do these trades take place i mean ffs this seems impossible

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

Crazy in 2013 people went nuts about Xbox having to be always online, which is not true. But since 2013 I don't think I ever was not online while playing.

I have not bought many used games this gen and only sold a couple. Really wish I had more digitally now. I said when digital first came out, if money was no issue, I would be all digital. And with GamePass this is a no brainer. They should have done this when the S first came out 2 years ago.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts
@kuu2 said:
@ProtossRushX said:

Remember the PSP GO discless gamestop woudln't sell it walmart wouldn't sell it retail stores want retail discs duh what a fucking retarded move from microsoft this is gonan get kicked outa stores

Yeah neither do I.

Digital or die.

Plus when the PSP GO came out I think that was the last year Gamestop was even relevant. I feel like roles are somewhat reversed now, retailers would do anything to carry the console even if it's all digital.

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 708 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@mobius_basic said:
@ProtossRushX said:

most people just click on the SONY/MSFT store nobody uses those sites to buy digital and i think thats mainly PC codes unless microsoft and sony let people put in codes too I never tried it

I sure have done it, I know people that have done it and have seen others in stores as well. I have bought digital games from these stores mentioned, either for myself or as bday gifts etc for others. I am not saying it is the #1 method .....but people do it hence the reason for why they are sold everywhere. It's just another method of moving product. I don't think these retailers would be carrying them if they were losing money on them. So saying no one uses those retailers to buy digital is factually wrong. You redeem then no different than you would anything else on the consoles, punch in the code.

Again not my first choice, I like my physical copies for consoles for various reasons. I have however purchased my fair share of digital versions from retailers and the consoles stores.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17819 Posts

i wonder will they trial the phone model with this. subscribe to xbox live+gamepass (is that separate? i havent been following the whole sub side of things) for 2-3 years and get a free or very cheap discless xbox.

interesting times ahead. its very clear MS dont want to make discs. neither do sony really. they want that sub money. they want that reliable recurring revenue every month. i wouldnt be surprised if physical releases were paired back to special editions only or very limited runs and the disc drive an optional external device rather than standard and built in with next gen consoles.

i'm also suspecting that at least one of them is going to have a go at the phone business model next gen and IF they decide to use that as a loss leader strategy again (rather than relying on game sales alone to recoup the cost) so that they can outspend their competitor on the BOM it could give them a very nice advantage next gen. is someone going to pull that trigger?

as for nintendo....they remain unconcerned (i have no idea what they are up to) :P j/k.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 navyguy21
@ProtossRushX said:

Also how do you put in your xbox or 360 discs to play BC i thought microsoft was all about BC having 2 generations more on the system are they giving those digital games as well for physical and where do these trades take place i mean ffs this seems impossible

We dont know if this rumor is true to begin with, and we dont know that they WONT accept 360 games in the disc to digital program.

Every BC game on Xbox one is available for download without disc so it should be a reasonable assumption that they would take 360 discs.

I say that because I have called MS before about a 360 disc not working and they gave me a digital code.

I dunno, we have to wait and see i guess.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 tormentos

@the-a-baum said:

Crazy in 2013 people went nuts about Xbox having to be always online, which is not true. But since 2013 I don't think I ever was not online while playing.

I have not bought many used games this gen and only sold a couple. Really wish I had more digitally now. I said when digital first came out, if money was no issue, I would be all digital. And with GamePass this is a no brainer. They should have done this when the S first came out 2 years ago.

It wasn't always but it was every 24 hours which is basically the same,your games would simply stop working,tell that to people living in US where hurricane and Tornado's are common and they can be without internet for time.

Something you people ignore about digital games is that they are not YOURS they are license to you,and if MS,sony or any company decide to stop supporting the game (having the game so you can download it if something happen) you will loss the game period.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

@tormentos: I hear you, but if you got Hurricanes and Tornadoes you should probably not be gaming lol.

You are still very angry by all of that 2013 debut. I have seen it from you for years. But at this point, It's hard to deny all the digital sales climbing on consoles. I personally will always opt for the disc option as well, but this is coming and I think we can agree we just don't want it forced on us.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 kuu2

@ProtossRushX said:

You obviously haven't been in a Walmart. They sell anything and everything they can. Including wait for it...…………………………………………..

Digital gift cards for Xbox and the Microsoft store.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 navyguy21
@tormentos said:
@the-a-baum said:

It wasn't always but it was every 24 hours which is basically the same,your games would simply stop working,tell that to people living in US where hurricane and Tornado's are common and they can be without internet for time.

Something you people ignore about digital games is that they are not YOURS they are license to you,and if MS,sony or any company decide to stop supporting the game (having the game so you can download it if something happen) you will loss the game period.

Not true.

If a game is removed from Steam, PSN, or Xbox Live.............you can still download it because it is tied to your account.

You cant BUY it, but youll always be able to download it.

Except for the PT demo lol

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 kuu2

@navyguy21 said:

This is a cool idea, interesting to see how it works.

To those freaking out:

"Thurrott notes that "Microsoft is moving forward very carefully...as it knows that a sizeable portion of its users do prefer to buy physical games and not download them." For that reason, a revised version of the Xbox One S, which is reportedly due to launch later in 2019, will include a disc-drive. However, the intention with this second new model is to focus on cost reduction, so existing features may be trimmed and changed elsewhere."

Its an option, they arent going to stop making traditional consoles.

Also, PSPGo failed............NOT because it was digital, but because not all games were available digitally, it was expensive, and there was no way to get all of your existing games.

This doesnt have that problem.

If MS can find a way for retailers to get a bigger cut or offer disc to digital in store, it would give them incentive to carry the hardware.

I dunno, will be interesting to see.

Someone with an actual clue.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

@kuu2:

What happens if theres a thunderstorm/hurricane/earthquake etc your internet goes out you can't download the game you want that you own.

if you bought physical you could just put it and install and play and go thats convience. Also if you get banned you could use your physical discs ona new account and microsoft wouldn't be able to stop you but if you get banned digital your totally fucked and lose everything

also you can't sell or trade games with a digital copy so at the end of the generation you get less value from your stuff if you want to sell it people aren't gonna pay crap for digital stuff

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 kuu2

@ProtossRushX said:

@kuu2:

What happens if theres a thunderstorm/hurricane/earthquake etc your internet goes out you can't download the game you want that you own.

if you bought physical you could just put it and install and play and go thats convience. Also if you get banned you could use your physical discs ona new account and microsoft wouldn't be able to stop you but if you get banned digital your totally fucked and lose everything

also you can't sell or trade games with a digital copy so at the end of the generation you get less value from your stuff if you want to sell it people aren't gonna pay crap for digital stuff

What if the world comes to an end?

Easy man, I don't know where you live but I live in a country with developed resources and infrastructure. I'm not worried about a power outage. If that happens I won't have TV, power, or any other electronic device that relies on actual electricity.

Dear lord.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#72 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

It was always going to happen. MS are going to be first to release a disc drive less console first. MS are more concerned with software sales than hardware.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Its the right time for this sort of thing. MS this time are being clever by approaching this as a choice, so good on them. They should have rolled it out this holiday.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5883 Posts

Microsoft giving more options for gamers, yet people on here claiming its a bad thing.

If you want disks buy a console with a player.

If you want diskless and want a cheaper console buy this.

Win Win unless your a Sony fan on these forums obviously.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 navyguy21
@ProtossRushX said:

@kuu2:

Steam gets by just fine

Also, getting banned on Xbox Live or PSN doesnt lose your games unless its online related...............in which case.......................dont do stupid shit?

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#76 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Anybody who buys that is stupid.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts
@Newhopes said:

And why is that?

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#78 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I'm fine with a digital only OPTION. I personally do not want a bunch of game cases on my shelves anymore. Digital games have become such a convenience for me that I do not see myself going back to discs unless I find a great deal on the disk option. Just my view though.

Give me the X model at $299 for the digital only option and I will be the first in line to grab one. I have no need for an UHD player.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#79 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Be prepared for a dick-less future.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#80 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

@FinalFighters said:
@Newhopes said:

And why is that?

Digital on consoles is a complete rip off.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

Some people never learn!!!

Seems like the 2013 reveal didn't give 'em a hard enough lesson!!!

Let'em learn the hard way then...

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@KBFloYd said:
@kenshiro3948 said:

@KBFloYd: I’m a PC and console guy not a fanboy like you.

you didnt answer my question.

you play mainly Pc and dont own a single physical thing.

so why the **** are you clowning MS for the same thing?

You do know that you're talking to quacknight right???

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 robert_sparkes

How much cheaper could they get the disc-less unit at retail that's an interesting thought.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

I wonder how many lems here that already have every version of XB1 will get this as well lol

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22377 Posts

A good option for people that don't buy physical copies anymore... but don't get too ahead of yourself MS! A lot of people still buy discs, so make sure Scarlett has a disc drive!

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By robert_sparkes

Digital prices need to come down in price before I even contemplate it. It's a matter of time before digital games take over unfortunately. I've always preferred owning the physical as a collector but the disc is meaningless really. Seems to be a one time install.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts

@the-a-baum: they had the right idea about launch but the market was not quite ready yet and they delivered the message in a piss poor manner.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 robert_sparkes

They couldn't have delivered the message any worse. That has played a massive part in them under performing this generation. I'm hoping the studio acquisitions are the starting point for a much better go of it next gen.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@KBFloYd said:
@kenshiro3948 said:

@KBFloYd: I’m a PC and console guy not a fanboy like you.

you didnt answer my question.

you play mainly Pc and dont own a single physical thing.

so why the **** are you clowning MS for the same thing?

You do know that you're talking to quacknight right???

yea but we are all pretending we don't know right?

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@Basinboy said:

MS ripping off the PSP Go :P

How does a disc-less X1 handle BC? I’ve never used the feature, but was under the impression you need to insert the disc in order to play older titles.

Or, Microsoft could just leave the market altogether. The planet would be saved from all those Xboxes polluting landfills.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Like this, I rarely ever use the disk drive. Will be cool if you could get a few options like opting out disk drive for different hd(ssd) and sizes.

Def. Like that MS is putting out more options with console hardware.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By kuu2

@ni6htmare01 said:

I wonder how many lems here that already have every version of XB1 will get this as well lol

Don't tempt me.

Having to transfer all my games again though is a total pain in the butt.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 tormentos

@tdkmillsy said:

Microsoft giving more options for gamers, yet people on here claiming its a bad thing.

If you want disks buy a console with a player.

If you want diskless and want a cheaper console buy this.

Win Win unless your a Sony fan on these forums obviously.

Until they drop the disk version in favor of a just digital one.

You people keep ignoring the bigger picture.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Its a good way to drive the price down. A lot of people don't use disk's anymore even to watch movies its all stream. Retailers already sell digital downloads so you'll still get specials. My PC is diskless (I do have a portable dvd drive if I ever need one though). However it still would be good to have a drive version just incase.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#95  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34613 Posts

That's cool, the disc-to-digital program. I wish all consoles had that.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

Seems I was right all along.

Called it a while back and people called me crazy.

Wish I cared enough to look up the thread or saved it.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts

@tormentos: literally everything is going digital only. Whether a disc less system comes out or not in 5 years physical games will be like cds. Still around but the extreme minority of sales

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By tormentos

@Steppy_76 said:

@tormentos: literally everything is going digital only. Whether a disc less system comes out or not in 5 years physical games will be like cds. Still around but the extreme minority of sales

I don't see disc going away son for games at least.

Alto i agree the market is changing,but it is funny as the same that cheer for digital now are the same one who talked tons of shit about the Pro not having a 4k UHD drive and relying on digital content, allow me to turn on the Tormy's back in time machine.

@i_p_daily said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Most people don't have a 4K TV and also, streaming seems to be more popular now than owning a physical disk. It doesn't seem like a deal breaker to me. What about you, SW? Did Sony really make a mistake here?

It is, when did that happen?

It sounds like you're trying to make excuses for Sony.

@dynamitecop said:
@lundy86_4 said:

If I bought it for a 4K TV for gaming, then it's kind of a kick in the balls not to be able to playback 4k BR's.

Netflix 4K Streaming: 15 Mbps

1080p BluRay: 40 Mbps

UHD BluRay: 108 Mbps

I'd love these morons to tell me streaming is a viable solution for physical media.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/do-you-really-care-if-ps4-pro-doesnt-have-a-4k-pla-33368348/

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ps4-pros-blu-ray-drive-33360215/

There were a ton of threads flaming sony for not using an UHD drive like the XBO S or xbox one X.

I can understand sony's reluctance to use an UHD drive on the PS4 or Pro,they sell stand alone player 4k players.

https://www.amazon.com/SONY-X800-Region-100-240V-World-Wide/dp/B075VDQD4Q/ref=sr_1_10_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1542417781&sr=8-10-spons&keywords=sony+4k+ultra+hd+blu-ray+disc+player&psc=1&smid=ALEWIQ2F9CQDR

If they added a UHD player to the Pro it would have kill their other market,but MS killing the blu-ray drive is nothing more than an obsession by MS.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12572 Posts

No BC, no UHD drive, Blu-ray player etc. I personally like the option of saving $100 without those options, but that's why I have a PS4(well it has Blu-ray still). I'm a little surprised that certain Lems in here are all for it. I guess if it's optional, it's not a big deal though.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#100 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61486 Posts

@tormentos said:

I don't see disc going away son for games at least.

Alto i agree the market is changing,but it is funny as the same that cheer for digital now are the same one who talked tons of shit about the Pro not having a 4k UHD drive and relying on digital content, allow me to turn on the Tormy's back in time machine.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/do-you-really-care-if-ps4-pro-doesnt-have-a-4k-pla-33368348/

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ps4-pros-blu-ray-drive-33360215/

There were a ton of threads flaming sony for not using an UHD drive like the XBO S or xbox one X.

I can understand sony's reluctance to use an UHD drive on the PS4 or Pro,they sell stand alone player 4k players.

https://www.amazon.com/SONY-X800-Region-100-240V-World-Wide/dp/B075VDQD4Q/ref=sr_1_10_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1542417781&sr=8-10-spons&keywords=sony+4k+ultra+hd+blu-ray+disc+player&psc=1&smid=ALEWIQ2F9CQDR

If they added a UHD player to the Pro it would have kill their other market,but MS killing the blu-ray drive is nothing more than an obsession by MS.

**** off, mate.