It's amazing how quickly and harshly Nintendo killed the Wii brand.

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#51 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

According to Sheep...everything is Ok as long as they get their yearly fix of Mario/Zelda

KillaCattle
This.. people buy Ninento systems for Mario/Zelda and will buy every new system to keep playing Mario/Zelda.
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

Sony does what Nintendon't

FashionFreak
I think its pretty obvious that Sony does what Nintendoes.
no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

[QUOTE="FashionFreak"]

RyanShazam

Nintendo went from God to playing catch up. It went from being playing nintendo to you stupid if you buy nintendo. It went from have the most 3rd party support to no 3rd party support. It went from hard core to casual gimmicks. Nintendo acts like all a console has to do is play games and ignored multiplayer online till this gen. I could go on but nintendo is stuck in the past. They don't seem to get this internet/multimedia thing. They don't seem to get that your devices need to talk to each other. As game makers they are very good but as a console maker they are very bad.

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"][QUOTE="FashionFreak"]

no-scope-AK47

Nintendo went from God to playing catch up. It went from being playing nintendo to you stupid if you buy nintendo. It went from have the most 3rd party support to no 3rd party support. It went from hard core to casual gimmicks. Nintendo acts like all a console has to do is play games and ignored multiplayer online till this gen. I could go on but nintendo is stuck in the past. They don't seem to get this internet/multimedia thing. They don't seem to get that your devices need to talk to each other. As game makers they are very good but as a console maker they are very bad.

Mario Kart -> Little Big Planet Racing/Mod Nation Racers

Wii Mote -> PlayStation Move

Super Smash Bros. -> PlayStation All Stars

Nuff Said

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

[QUOTE="no-scope-AK47"]

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]I think its pretty obvious that Sony does what Nintendoes.RyanShazam

Mario Kart -> Little Big Planet Racing/Mod Nation Racers

Wii Mote -> PlayStation Move

Super Smash Bros. -> PlayStation All Stars

Nuff Said

Nintendo brought motion to console personally I don't care. I may have some friends over and get drunk then motion is fun. As for games only a fanboy could deny nintendo makes good games. The bad thing is the games are on rubbish consoles the last couple gens. Personally I like nintendo games they are the last of the old school. As a gamer they have a special place in my heart. However every gen it gets harder and harder to spend money on a nintendo console just for a few games.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts
I think the problem with the WiiU is that they aimed at the same audience they aimed for with the Wii, which are casuals. Well those casuals are just that.....casual. Meaning they aren't buying the WiiU because they are happy with their Wiis. They are casuals and don't care to keep up with the latest consoles.AmazonTreeBoa
How is it aimed at casuals when you have games like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3? ZombiU? Mass Effect? etc.
Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

Getting games people actually want to play and some sort of bundle or a price drop would do wonders for the Wii U. 

Clearly it's not going to have anywhere near Wii-like success, but I don't understand why people are writing it off already. If they had some good games on it, I would consider buying one. 

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#58 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I think the problem with the WiiU is that they aimed at the same audience they aimed for with the Wii, which are casuals. Well those casuals are just that.....casual. Meaning they aren't buying the WiiU because they are happy with their Wiis. They are casuals and don't care to keep up with the latest consoles.AmazonTreeBoa

The Commercials were aiming them, but the Game Line Up sure wasn't.

Ninja Gaiden 3, Mass Effect 3, Batman Arkham City, Assassin's Creed 3, Darksiders 2, ZombiU and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 are targeting Casuals?

No Nintendo was targeting the Gamer Market this time around, but as it's clearly stated here on these boards, no one is interested in 3rd Party on Nintendo for whatever reason.

Had Zelda Skyward Sword or Xenoblade been Launch Titles along with Mario and Nintendo Land, you could bet that the WiiU probably would sell more than it already has.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#59 deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
Member since 2011 • 348 Posts

FashionFreak
Bad ripoff of an old joke.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd

It's amazing people still defend Nintendo. They have had less new exclusives on console in the last 10 years than Microsoft.

timbers_WSU
Well, there are millions of us out there that still do. Nintendo is not Sega, the Wii U is not the next dreamcast.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#61 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

It's amazing how quickly people forget than Nintendo has been in the game a long time and knows how to play it. Look at how long Sony kept nursing the PS2 and how it hurt the PS3 early on.

Nintendo should have had two or three big released to start with for the WiiU, but they'll make up for it this year, I'm sure.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd

[QUOTE="locopatho"]

[QUOTE="Samus3D"] Um the Gamecube was labeled as kiddy and uncool back then, the "launch box". Now all the sudden everyone considered it hardcore? It got way less third party games than the Wii U has been getting. Shinobishyguy

In terms of it's hardware and the games Nintendo were making, Gamecube was hardcore. In terms of hardware and games Nintendo were making, Wii was casual. I don't really know what WiiU is meant to be. They say hardcore, and get games like Batman and Mass Effect... but they only release nostalgia 2D Mario and another party game for it. While more or less killing off F Zero, Metroid, and other "core" staples.

we got two metroid games last gen, Both of which were trashed by the fanbase.

If anything the series in on hiatus till they can figure out what direction to take it in.

No, only Other M was trashed by the fanbase.
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#63 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9600 Posts

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="blackace"]Now here is a company that abandoned their core players. There are almost 90 million Wii's out there and you just suddenly stop making 1st party games for it. That is just so stupid. Samus3D
Most people didn't even buy the Wii for real games anyway. Gamecube sold alittle over 20 Million so that's about the people who actually cared on a core level if I had to guess. The rest were just there for the motion control gimmick or wii fit and party games. Nintendo didn't really care. let's just be glad their handhelds actually gets 3rd parties that bring high quality titles.

Um the Gamecube was labeled as kiddy and uncool back then, the "launch box". Now all the sudden everyone considered it hardcore? It got way less third party games than the Wii U has been getting.

Milking is not selling one game a generation... milking is like the CoD franchise or EA's sports titles. It means you keep kicking out similar products that you KNOW are going to sell to a loyal fanbase while hoping the well doesnt run dry. While Mario as a whole has been milked over the past 10-15 years as a mascot, the main games have not been milked. However, does anybody not enjoy a great Mario platformer? Also, Galaxy holds its own all right as well. If Nintendo did release yearly Mario games and "milk" its customers, I would jump onboard and purchase a Wii U. However, I bought a Wii, and only wound up with a very small handful of games I actualy enjoyed. The "milking" was from the massive amounts of shovelware that Nintendo allowed last gen. THAT is what is keeping peoiple from buying the Wii U. Those who bought the console were underwhelmed and the motion fad is dying. Which is why I dont understand the path Xbox seems to be taking. Nintendo would have done well to take another year or two with the Wii and start kicking out blockbuster exclusives before jumping into a new generation after alienating already disgruntled fans and soccer moms.... As a long time Nintendo fan that has sunk more into that company than either of the other big names throughout the gaming industry, I can say for sure that after the Wii, I will not buy another Nintendo console until they return to their roots and stop trying to screw over their fans. Hell, maube the 720 will do great becasue people EXPECT microsoft to deliver, but where will that put them the next generation? Look no further than Wii U.... You "milk" "cheat" and treat your consumers like they are stupid, and declines are sure to happen. At least SONY looks like it is trying to return to form THE RIGHT WAY... for that I commend them and they will have my business. NEVER sell out.. it will come back to haunt you eventually.

caryslan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 caryslan2
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

It's amazing how quickly people forget than Nintendo has been in the game a long time and knows how to play it. Look at how long Sony kept nursing the PS2 and how it hurt the PS3 early on.

Nintendo should have had two or three big released to start with for the WiiU, but they'll make up for it this year, I'm sure.

jimkabrhel

The PS2 really did not hurt the PS3 as much a people think.   Generally, most people who wanted to jump to next-gen systems chose the Xbox 360.   What killed the PS3 was a high price tag at launch and lackluster launch games.   The PS1 was in production until 2006 and it did not hurt PS2 sales.   Hell, the NES and SNES stayed in production and got new games for several years until their successors came out.

There was no valid reason to kill the PS2 just because the PS3 launched.   It was still a solid seller and it still had massive third-party support.  Killing it would have been a horrible mistake on Sony's part.   The PS2 staying in production for years after the PS3 launched had little if anything to do with the PS3's problems.  

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"]

[QUOTE="Samus3D"] Um the Gamecube was labeled as kiddy and uncool back then, the "launch box". Now all the sudden everyone considered it hardcore? It got way less third party games than the Wii U has been getting. nintendoboy16

In terms of it's hardware and the games Nintendo were making,Gamecube was hardcore. In terms of hardware and games Nintendo were making, Wii was casual. I don't really know what WiiU is meant to be. They say hardcore, and get games like Batman and Mass Effect... but they only release nostalgia 2D Mario and another party game for it. While more or less killing off F Zero, Metroid, and other "core" staples.

That's not what was said about that console during the 5th gen. It was still called "kiddie, casual nonsense", just like the Wii.

I don't care what idiots or fanboys called it. Doesn't change the facts of it's games and hardware being more hardcore then casual.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 locopatho

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]I think the problem with the WiiU is that they aimed at the same audience they aimed for with the Wii, which are casuals. Well those casuals are just that.....casual. Meaning they aren't buying the WiiU because they are happy with their Wiis. They are casuals and don't care to keep up with the latest consoles.LegatoSkyheart

Ninja Gaiden 3, Mass Effect 3, Batman Arkham City, Assassin's Creed 3, Darksiders 2, ZombiU and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 are targeting Casuals?

No Nintendo was targeting the Gamer Market this time around, but as it's clearly stated here on these boards, no one is interested in 3rd Party on Nintendo for whatever reason.

Had Zelda Skyward Sword or Xenoblade been Launch Titles along with Mario and Nintendo Land, you could bet that the WiiU probably would sell more than it already has.

No one is interested in a small handful of average to poor last gen ports.

Why buy a next gen console for last gen games. Would you get a PS4 for ok to somewhat poor ports of Monster Hunter 3 and No More Heroes? No, course not, those are last gen games that you played already.

Gamers like me (and I bet a lot of SW and the world at large) would be interested in actual next gen 3rd party games.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] In terms of it's hardware and the games Nintendo were making,Gamecube was hardcore. In terms of hardware and games Nintendo were making, Wii was casual. I don't really know what WiiU is meant to be. They say hardcore, and get games like Batman and Mass Effect... but they only release nostalgia 2D Mario and another party game for it. While more or less killing off F Zero, Metroid, and other "core" staples.

locopatho

That's not what was said about that console during the 5th gen. It was still called "kiddie, casual nonsense", just like the Wii.

I don't care what idiots or fanboys called it. Doesn't change the facts of it's games and hardware being more hardcore then casual.

LOL games and hardware being hardcore? :lol: What kind of a dumb terminology is that. Hardcore refers to a determination of a PERSON, not some inanimate object :lol: Go and fetch a hardcore pot of hardcore coins made of hardcore gold :lol:
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 LastRambo341

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]I think the problem with the WiiU is that they aimed at the same audience they aimed for with the Wii, which are casuals. Well those casuals are just that.....casual. Meaning they aren't buying the WiiU because they are happy with their Wiis. They are casuals and don't care to keep up with the latest consoles.locopatho

Why buy a next gen console for last gen games. Would you get a PS4 for ok to somewhat poor ports of Monster Hunter 3 and No More Heroes? No, course not, those are last gen games that you played already.

Gamers like me (and I bet a lot of SW and the world at large) would be interested in actual next gen 3rd party games.

*complains about lack of third party* "Nintendo gets 3rd party* *makes a new excuse: oh theyre last gen!*
sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#69 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

Some of the best first party titles Nintendo has ever released came on the Wii.  Motion controls worked when utilized properly. And the Wii U has been out for 4 months, so relax.

sure-if-serious-i-am-not.jpg

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

To be fair, Nintendo didn't do much to build the brand, it just coincided with the casual gaming influx and caught fire.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

[QUOTE="KillaCattle"]

According to Sheep...everything is Ok as long as they get their yearly fix of Mario/Zelda

Pete-B

Actually they should release more zelda and metroid games. One of each per gen doesn't cut it. 

You know Nintendo is not like EA/Activision that turn their series in to yearly releases or even more than 1 each year....

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 LastRambo341

[QUOTE="Pete-B"]

[QUOTE="KillaCattle"]

aroxx_ab

Actually they should release more zelda and metroid games. One of each per gen doesn't cut it. 

You know Nintendo is not like EA/Activision that turn their series in to yearly releases or even more than 1 each year....

This is one of the reasons why I may start disliking the Assassin's Creed. That anticipation and hype I had when AC2 was announced with all of its improvements and huge changes, is no longer there : /
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]That's not what was said about that console during the 5th gen. It was still called "kiddie, casual nonsense", just like the Wii.

LastRambo341

LOL games and hardware being hardcore? :lol: What kind of a dumb terminology is that. Hardcore refers to a determination of a PERSON, not some inanimate object :lol: Go and fetch a hardcore pot of hardcore coins made of hardcore gold :lol:

Hardware can be hardcore; 3way-SLI with Titan+ completley watercooled is pretty hardcore to me compared to random "casual" DELL computer with 2-3years old hardware for $700 dollah

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Tbh, it wasn't quick at all. They killed it over time which definitely imo wasn't exactly the best thing to do.

If they did kill it over time, they would have dropped the system before that fairly big drought they had for one or two years.

Killing it fast wouldn't have been the best thing either, but caring out the system and dropping its price and putting random games on there like nintendo selects and such would have helped.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 locopatho
[QUOTE="locopatho"]

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

LastRambo341

*complains about lack of third party* "Nintendo gets 3rd party* *makes a new excuse: oh theyre last gen!*

*eats sh!t from Nintendo's @sshole" *loves it*
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 LastRambo341

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="locopatho"] I don't care what idiots or fanboys called it. Doesn't change the facts of it's games and hardware being more hardcore then casual. aroxx_ab

Hardware can be hardcore; 3way-SLI with Titan+ completley watercooled is pretty hardcore to me compared to random "casual" DELL computer with 2-3years old hardware for $700 dollah

Ice cream can be hardcore A sundae consisting of 3 vanilla scoops with caramel sauce, whipped cream, biscuits, brownie etc. is pretty hardcore to me compared to random "casual" vanilla cone
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="locopatho"]

locopatho

*adds some vanilla into it* *loves it more*
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"] *complains about lack of third party* "Nintendo gets 3rd party* *makes a new excuse: oh theyre last gen!*LastRambo341

At least you're honest about being a dumb fanboy. More then most do.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 LastRambo341

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="locopatho"] *eats sh!t from Nintendo's @sshole" *loves it*locopatho

Aww, so because I'm a "dumb fanboy" because I don't agree with you? :P Cute At least you're honest about being a whiny hater Sure :P if that makes you happy
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"]

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"] *adds some vanilla into it* *loves it more*LastRambo341

Aww, so because I'm a "dumb fanboy" because I don't agree with you? :P Cute At least you're honest about being a whiny hater Sure :P if that makes you happy

No, you're a dumb fanboy because you just admitted you eat sh!t from Nintendo's @sshole and love it.

I don't hate bits of plastic. I do whine tho. Whining is fun.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 LastRambo341

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="locopatho"] At least you're honest about being a dumb fanboy. More then most do.

locopatho

No, you're a dumb fanboy because you just admitted you eat sh!t from Nintendo's @sshole and love it.

I don't hate bits of plastic. I do whine tho. Whining is fun.

Well, I say whatever seems funny :P because I won't be offended, its the Internet
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#82 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
The only thing this thing will matter for are the next Smash Bros., Zelda, and 3D Mario. Much like the Wii. Brawl was the reason I bought a Wii (although it was trash compared to 64/Melee). SSB4 will also force me to buy a Wii U.