It's amazing how quickly and harshly Nintendo killed the Wii brand.

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

runbleduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 runbleduck
Member since 2008 • 578 Posts

- Barely released any games for it themselves, and nearly all have broken motion controls, which in most case can be blamed on the badly engineered hardware.

- Scorned and pissed off more 3rd parties as if Nintendo expected them to crawl back simply because Wii systems were selling more. 

- Near complete abandonment of the system from 2010: All of its scant releases are shovelwares, yet refused to release last story and xenoblade which got AAA scores and were already localized. Made fans beg. 

- Wii-U is an absolute train-wreck: badly engineered hardware again!; less powerful than 360/ps3 yet cost about twice as more; even less third party support; still using the same broken wii-remote which has to be constantly calibrated for motion+; utterly broken OS and accounts; constant hard system crashes; only one gamepad support; 3 hours battery life and 3 hours recharge time; cheaply made gamepad with SD resolution and single-touch resistive touchpad; few launch games (most garbage) and hardly any future releases (what the heck has Nintendo been doing for the past 3 years?); absoutely toxic word-of-mouth. 

The Wii brand can no longer be salvaged at this point; it's pretty much dead. Amazing that Nintendo could butcher this up so badly. 

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

Probably going to do the same thing for the wiiu. 

KillaCattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KillaCattle
Member since 2013 • 64 Posts

According to Sheep...everything is Ok as long as they get their yearly fix of Mario/Zelda

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts
I saw it as kosher. Quick and clean.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

tumblr_lptijcyps01qdknz8.gif.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LadyBlue

According to Sheep...everything is Ok as long as they get their yearly fix of Mario/Zelda

KillaCattle

Actually they should release more zelda and metroid games. One of each per gen doesn't cut it. 

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#7 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

butthurt cow the fact you claim wii was abandoned in 2010 clearly show how desperate you are i guess you werent around for e3 2010 when they had

goldeneye metroid other m dkc 4  kirby epic yarn  

and in 2012 there was xenoblade the last story wwe 13 nascar 2012 , mario party 9 and kirby anniversary  ,  

plus wiiu just came out with nsmbu sing party and nintendo land ,   

and a bunch of good 3rd party games i guess none of this happened under the watchful eyes of ps fanboys and the following post was a joke lol 

the fact wii u is getting many exclusives where as xbox360 is not , further proves the stupidity of fanboys  

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts

Come and swim with me in the river, I miss you runbleduck <3

Giant_rubber_duck_1.jpg

Zoza24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Zoza24
Member since 2011 • 61 Posts

I think the problem with the Wii-U is the target audience, Who's the Target audience for that console.. The core gamers or the casual gamers?.

Because the Wii was obviously prioritized casual headed, and sales were amazing!. Not only we see the Lack of Games and promises of the Wii-U.

But also the Identity Crisis of the console. Nintendo must adress their goal and purpose of the Wii-U or people may not even look at the system at all. And casual people are not followers in the gaming industry, the core gamers are. Most of these casuals has never heard of the Wii-U, or probably they might think its another Nintendo for the double price.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

Hysterical-Harry-Potter-GIFS-harry-potte.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#11 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
I saw it as kosher. Quick and clean.RyanShazam
The sig is freaking me out. Are they aliens?
LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LadyBlue

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]I saw it as kosher. Quick and clean.KungfuKitten

Nah! just women that ruined their looks trying to look like plastic dolls. Wouldn't be surprised if their obsession drove them to cut their nipples off.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
Now here is a company that abandoned their core players. There are almost 90 million Wii's out there and you just suddenly stop making 1st party games for it. That is just so stupid.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

tumblr_m6gikkMeXU1rys4czo1_500.gif

Blahblahblah.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

With the way it was trashed throughout all of it's life can you really blame them?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
Wii U is for the laughs.. The only thing im interested in is the new Zelda and that alone.... And no i wont give 300+60 for the game more or less just to play 1 game... So no Wii U me.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
Wii U will be better then the Wii though that's not saying much. Hopefully it at least matches the Gamecube with 3rd Party gems. Nintendo will get away with it as long as they have that Mario & Zelda though so, they aren't worried and if I worked for them I wouldn't be either.
AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
Now here is a company that abandoned their core players. There are almost 90 million Wii's out there and you just suddenly stop making 1st party games for it. That is just so stupid. blackace
Thats the true face of Nintendo sadly. Thats why im respecting Sony as a company. And before you call me a cow , i was and still i am one of the most harsh critic when it comes to PS3 and ofc i dont own one. Sony was/is on the loss , BIG TIME , like 6.4 billions but they still trying to provide solid titles and services , as much as possible , to their customers/consumers. They sold the least , they had the most hard time out of 3 companies but here they are... Fully supporting PS3 , even now with the announcement of Ps4. What Nintendo did ? Overpriced a ridiculously low end system , sold like crazy mainly because of that gimmick controller and then let it die even before the release of Wii U , way before the competition even if it was first on sales by far... Thats Nintendo!! And i hate that. So theres no way to buy a Nintendo console ever...
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

With the way it was trashed throughout all of it's life can you really blame them?

Shinobishyguy
100 million people bought one. That's not being "trashed".
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FlamesOfGrey
Now here is a company that abandoned their core players. There are almost 90 million Wii's out there and you just suddenly stop making 1st party games for it. That is just so stupid. blackace
Most people didn't even buy the Wii for real games anyway. Gamecube sold alittle over 20 Million so that's about the people who actually cared on a core level if I had to guess. The rest were just there for the motion control gimmick or wii fit and party games. Nintendo didn't really care. let's just be glad their handhelds actually gets 3rd parties that bring high quality titles.
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="blackace"]Now here is a company that abandoned their core players. There are almost 90 million Wii's out there and you just suddenly stop making 1st party games for it. That is just so stupid. AzatiS
Thats the true face of Nintendo sadly. Thats why im respecting Sony as a company. And before you call me a cow , i was and still i am one of the most harsh critic when it comes to PS3 and ofc i dont own one. Sony was/is on the loss , BIG TIME , like 6.4 billions but they still trying to provide solid titles and services , as much as possible , to their customers/consumers. They sold the least , they had the most hard time out of 3 companies but here they are... Fully supporting PS3 , even now with the announcement of Ps4. What Nintendo did ? Overpriced a ridiculously low end system , sold like crazy mainly because of that gimmick controller and then let it die even before the release of Wii U , way before the competition even if it was first on sales by far... Thats Nintendo!! And i hate that. So theres no way to buy a Nintendo console ever...

I'm happy with my wii and Wiiu :D
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

It's amazing people still defend Nintendo. They have had less new exclusives on console in the last 10 years than Microsoft.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

Uhm, I actually skipped out on the Wii but I have picked up a Wii U. Wii U is a great console, it's going to have eighth generation games, HD resolution, and much improved graphics and combined with a really cool controller that's comfortable to hold. That is a winner for me. If I want to do heavy graphics gaming then I have my PC on steroids for that. The Wii U however is going to have more games and I'm already itching to pick up NFS Most Wanted U that is coming out in just ten more days. I have heard that the Wii U version is the best version of the game by far and I can't wait to see that.

Nintendo has done everything right with the Wii U and all they need to do is get third party to sign up and make sure first party games do come out... then this generation will be yet another great Nintendo generation like the seventh generation. If this is Nintendo's generation again then they will ride into the ninth generation even more richer, dominant. No wannabe gaming company like Sony or Microsoft will be able to challenge Nintendo again as they will be left with market shares so small they will be only considered relevant to keep competition going.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

locopatho

by the "core" gamer community I mean.

Hell by the time Skyward Sword came out no one gave a crap about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
Member since 2012 • 1917 Posts

[QUOTE="KillaCattle"]

Pete-B

Actually they should release more zelda and metroid games. One of each per gen doesn't cut it. 

But if they didn't released 3D Mario, Zelda, and Metroid more than once per generation you guys would label it as "milking".
Avatar image for deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
Member since 2012 • 1917 Posts
[QUOTE="blackace"]Now here is a company that abandoned their core players. There are almost 90 million Wii's out there and you just suddenly stop making 1st party games for it. That is just so stupid. FlamesOfGrey
Most people didn't even buy the Wii for real games anyway. Gamecube sold alittle over 20 Million so that's about the people who actually cared on a core level if I had to guess. The rest were just there for the motion control gimmick or wii fit and party games. Nintendo didn't really care. let's just be glad their handhelds actually gets 3rd parties that bring high quality titles.

Um the Gamecube was labeled as kiddy and uncool back then, the "launch box". Now all the sudden everyone considered it hardcore? It got way less third party games than the Wii U has been getting.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

Shinobishyguy

by the "core" gamer community I mean.

Hell by the time Skyward Sword came out no one gave a crap about it.

The core gaming community never liked it. Still, bit harsh on the vast majority of casuals who bought it.
1oh1nine1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 1oh1nine1
Member since 2007 • 779 Posts

Um the Gamecube was labeled as kiddy and uncool back then, the "launch box". Now all the sudden everyone considered it hardcore? It got way less third party games than the Wii U has been getting. Samus3D

What, pray tell, is a "launch box"?  

Is it some sort of prototype jet-pack engine?  

Is it a compact trebuchet?  

Do you know how to spell the meal that comes after breakfast and before dinner?

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 locopatho

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="blackace"]Now here is a company that abandoned their core players. There are almost 90 million Wii's out there and you just suddenly stop making 1st party games for it. That is just so stupid. Samus3D

Um the Gamecube was labeled as kiddy and uncool back then, the "launch box". Now all the sudden everyone considered it hardcore? It got way less third party games than the Wii U has been getting.

In terms of it's hardware and the games Nintendo were making, Gamecube was hardcore. In terms of hardware and games Nintendo were making, Wii was casual. I don't really know what WiiU is meant to be. They say hardcore, and get games like Batman and Mass Effect... but they only release nostalgia 2D Mario and another party game for it. While more or less killing off F Zero, Metroid, and other "core" staples.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FlamesOfGrey
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="blackace"]Now here is a company that abandoned their core players. There are almost 90 million Wii's out there and you just suddenly stop making 1st party games for it. That is just so stupid. Samus3D

Not in my circle it wasn't. The Gamecube was far superior to the Wii in library especially in quality 3rd party support. The Wii-U so far has just been getting multiplats and most of the launch ones were of poor quality. We'll see how it's exclusive 3rd party support does against the Gamecube down the line.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Samus3D"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] Most people didn't even buy the Wii for real games anyway. Gamecube sold alittle over 20 Million so that's about the people who actually cared on a core level if I had to guess. The rest were just there for the motion control gimmick or wii fit and party games. Nintendo didn't really care. let's just be glad their handhelds actually gets 3rd parties that bring high quality titles.locopatho

In terms of it's hardware and the games Nintendo were making, Gamecube was hardcore. In terms of hardware and games Nintendo were making, Wii was casual. I don't really know what WiiU is meant to be. They say hardcore, and get games like Batman and Mass Effect... but they only release nostalgia 2D Mario and another party game for it. While more or less killing off F Zero, Metroid, and other "core" staples.

we got two metroid games last gen, Both of which were trashed by the fanbase.

If anything the series in on hiatus till they can figure out what direction to take it in.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

i came

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

When did Wii U die exactly? Oh that's right, it didn't.

Barujin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 Barujin
Member since 2009 • 308 Posts

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="RyanShazam"]I saw it as kosher. Quick and clean.Pete-B

Nah! just women that ruined their looks trying to look like plastic dolls. Wouldn't be surprised if their obsession drove them to cut their nipples off.

Dude, it's makeup. It's called the doll look. They exaggerate the eyes and other features to trick people into thinking that they actually have different faces from the average girl. BTW, her name is Valeria Lukyanova.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LadyBlue

[QUOTE="Pete-B"]

[QUOTE="KillaCattle"]

Samus3D

But if they didn't released 3D Mario, Zelda, and Metroid more than once per generation you guys would label it as "milking".

Everything will be labeled "milked" at some point. I honestly don't care, I'm done cutting them slack.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#36 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

just like how quickly sony lost their exclusives    lol    they went from

driver

nfs

crash 

spyro 

mgs

destruction derby

rally cross 2  /1 

twisted metal 

test drive 4

final fantasy

parasite eve

gran turismo

to 

gt

tm

mgs 4

killzone-trash 

resistance average

motorstorm-excite truck all over again 

---fact is  , sony is the one killing their brand ,  they did so when driver nfs spyro crash and  all those games i mentioned went multiplat 

nightcall14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nightcall14
Member since 2007 • 607 Posts

tumblr_mi1dppnO8p1qdlh1io1_400.gif.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"]

[QUOTE="Samus3D"] Um the Gamecube was labeled as kiddy and uncool back then, the "launch box". Now all the sudden everyone considered it hardcore? It got way less third party games than the Wii U has been getting. Shinobishyguy

we got two metroid games last gen, Both of which were trashed by the fanbase.

If anything the series in on hiatus till they can figure out what direction to take it in.

Prime 3 was great. Other M was crap. And then there was talk of that being it. They just need to not let Team Ninja anywhere near Nintendo IPs. Team Ninja have sucked this gen.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

butthurt cow the fact you claim wii was abandoned in 2010 clearly show how desperate you are i guess you werent around for e3 2010 when they had

goldeneye metroid other m dkc 4  kirby epic yarn  

and in 2012 there was xenoblade the last story wwe 13 nascar 2012 , mario party 9 and kirby anniversary  ,  

plus wiiu just came out with nsmbu sing party and nintendo land ,   

and a bunch of good 3rd party games i guess none of this happened under the watchful eyes of ps fanboys and the following post was a joke lol 

the fact wii u is getting many exclusives where as xbox360 is not , further proves the stupidity of fanboys  

mariokart64fan

No just no :lol:

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I think ninty's past has mostly had an influence on third party support on their consoles. Even if the WiiU is super powerful I doubt third parties will run to ninty.The console is also a bit more powerful than the 360/PS3.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LastRambo341

[QUOTE="Samus3D"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] Most people didn't even buy the Wii for real games anyway. Gamecube sold alittle over 20 Million so that's about the people who actually cared on a core level if I had to guess. The rest were just there for the motion control gimmick or wii fit and party games. Nintendo didn't really care. let's just be glad their handhelds actually gets 3rd parties that bring high quality titles.locopatho

Maybe because, just like the Wii, its for everyone?
FashionFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FashionFreak
Member since 2004 • 2326 Posts

Sony does what Nintendon't

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#43 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

change your year to 2011 unless you want to get serverly owned for saying Everyone Abandoned the Wii in 2010.

2010 was the LAST great year for the Nintendo Wii.

2011 onward it died.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#45 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41562 Posts

In terms of it's hardware and the games Nintendo were making,Gamecube was hardcore. In terms of hardware and games Nintendo were making, Wii was casual. I don't really know what WiiU is meant to be. They say hardcore, and get games like Batman and Mass Effect... but they only release nostalgia 2D Mario and another party game for it. While more or less killing off F Zero, Metroid, and other "core" staples.

That's not what was said about that console during the 5th gen. It was still called "kiddie, casual nonsense", just like the Wii.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#46 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

KillaCattle

Mario has only been yearly as it seems from 2009 up as far as I can tell. I don't know I have to look into it, it maybe more.

Zelda however is not as consistant.

Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass was a year apart, but PH to Spirit Tracks was 2 years apart, Spirit Tracks to Skyward Sword was another 2 years. There was also an Ocarina of Time Remake in 2011 as well, but that was still 2 years after Spirit Tracks.

Wind Waker is getting released this year in 2013, that's about a 1-2 year gap from Skyward Sword and we don't even know when the Next Actual Zelda Game will be.

Mario maybe yearly, but Zelda is not.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

locopatho

Makes no sense to me you sell 100+ million units and you just dumpthe wii. Yet sony comes from last place and says they will support the ps3 for 10 years with less than 80 million units.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#48 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41562 Posts

[QUOTE="Samus3D"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] Most people didn't even buy the Wii for real games anyway. Gamecube sold alittle over 20 Million so that's about the people who actually cared on a core level if I had to guess. The rest were just there for the motion control gimmick or wii fit and party games. Nintendo didn't really care. let's just be glad their handhelds actually gets 3rd parties that bring high quality titles.FlamesOfGrey

Not in my circle it wasn't. The Gamecube was far superior to the Wii in library especially in quality 3rd party support. The Wii-U so far has just been getting multiplats and most of the launch ones were of poor quality. We'll see how it's exclusive 3rd party support does against the Gamecube down the line.

Well, I think you're one of the lucky ones. When I was in middle-school, it was considered a childish joke, with quite a few kids thinking it has less graphics than PS2, using GTA: San Andreas as the best example.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="Samus3D"] Um the Gamecube was labeled as kiddy and uncool back then, the "launch box". Now all the sudden everyone considered it hardcore? It got way less third party games than the Wii U has been getting. nintendoboy16

Well, I think you're one of the lucky ones. When I was in middle-school, it was considered a childish joke, with quite a few kids thinking it has less graphics than PS2, using GTA: San Andreas as the best example.

I

n the real world no gamers I know are fanboyish in the slightest. We've all owned every Nintendo system for better or worse (All of us started with the original NES). The Gamecube had a ton of quality games on it and we all highly respected all Nintendo systems until the Wii. Wii is still a decent system but every gamer I know was disappointed with it in terms of games.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
I think the problem with the WiiU is that they aimed at the same audience they aimed for with the Wii, which are casuals. Well those casuals are just that.....casual. Meaning they aren't buying the WiiU because they are happy with their Wiis. They are casuals and don't care to keep up with the latest consoles.