Is Wii too childish as compared to PS3 and XBOX?

• 141 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DPhunkT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 DPhunkT
Member since 2008 • 1803 Posts
Too many cartoons. I'm sure it plays well and you can have a lot of fun. But all the anime/cartoony characters are a real turn off.
rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 rgame1
Member since 2008 • 2526 Posts
its those idiots who play 18 rated games to feel like men that are childish. they are pathetic. they should get a life man.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#103 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

It depends of the tastes. Im 29 and im about to get a Wii just for New Super Mario and Mario Galaxy. Not childish at all imo

eduardomatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104 eduardomatus
Member since 2004 • 38 Posts

Its not childish for the graphics... it just hve this childish aproach to gaming... making games less complex and more family friendly..

To put it another way its a lot easier to complete most wii games since they are made for kids than completing killzone or halos campaign.

Seriously a kid will be frustrated by the complexity and deepness of some games on the HD twins, but will play Mario Galaxy like crazy.

That for me is childish as in made for children.. seriously i couldn´t be more dissapointed on TLOZ: TP dificulty

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#105 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
And the 360 and Ps3 are more mature? Hm, I don't know...I think the Wii is more Universal.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Its not childish for the graphics... it just hve this childish aproach to gaming... making games less complex and more family friendly..

To put it another way its a lot easier to complete most wii games since they are made for kids than completing killzone or halos campaign.

Seriously a kid will be frustrated by the complexity and deepness of some games on the HD twins, but will play Mario Galaxy like crazy.

That for me is childish as in made for children.. seriously i couldn´t be more dissapointed on TLOZ: TP dificulty

eduardomatus
I think you have it backwards. I beat Killzone in three days, CODWAW in four, Most games I rent in three. It took me a few weeks to get 120 stars with Mario, and I still have four left with Luigi in Galaxy, I still haven't beat title defense mode in Punchout, and have barely scratched the surface of Tiger Woods 10. I think you're trying to justify your own insecurities and deficiencies as a gamer. It's kind of like justifying your homophobia when being around gay people.
eduardomatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107 eduardomatus
Member since 2004 • 38 Posts
[QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="eduardomatus"]

I think you have it backwards. I beat Killzone in three days, CODWAW in four, Most games I rent in three. It took me a few weeks to get 120 stars with Mario, and I still have four left with Luigi in Galaxy, I still haven't beat title defense mode in Punchout, and have barely scratched the surface of Tiger Woods 10. I think you're trying to justify your own insecurities and deficiencies as a gamer. It's kind of like justifying your homophobia when being around gay people.

Ok man first of all i didnt say they were short games... 2nd im sure there are some exceptions (tiger woods maybe) but calling me insecure about gaming and homophobia just makes u look like such a fanboy... its sad. Oh another thing wii friend codes are a way of protecting children from predators so yeap sounds childish to me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 deactivated-5e9044657a310
[QUOTE="eduardomatus"][QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="eduardomatus"]

Ok man first of all i didnt say they were short games... 2nd im sure there are some exceptions (tiger woods maybe) but calling me insecure about gaming and homophobia just makes u look like such a fanboy... its sad. Oh another thing wii friend codes are a way of protecting children from predators so yeap sounds childish to me

Yes protecting young children from those that would take advantage of them is really childish. Prisons are pretty childish too, protecting other people from Murderers and criminals. Maybe instead of prisons they should give everyone a 360 that way they can play Halo and everyone will know how to use guns and protect themselves!!! You;re really on to something here killer.
mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 mD-
Member since 2005 • 4314 Posts

The Wii isn't too childish... it's not like they designed the system to be shaped the systems like race car and only has disney games. You could buy all violent games for the system. Or you could buy games like Brawl, MK Wii, and SMG simply because it offers great gameplay. BUT, if you can't see that the Wii is more suitable for children compared to the Xbox 360 and PS3 OVERALL based on its look, presentation, and library of games, you're blind.

halo_wars86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110 halo_wars86
Member since 2009 • 1505 Posts

ranking from hardcore to casual.

1.ps3 most hardcore

2.360 somewhere in the middle but leaning more to hardcore

3.wii most casual

plz any1 correct me if u think otherwise

yobanitvar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 yobanitvar
Member since 2009 • 42 Posts
the wii has garbage games, its trash
Jamisonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Jamisonia
Member since 2009 • 896 Posts

I find the so called "Mature" games are designed for shock value, which is typically something that shocks children and teens.

Jamisonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Jamisonia

eduardomatus

I find this to be quite the opposite. Many (key word) Wii games IMO take more intelligence to complete, b/c you have to think to solve puzzles and advance. Their storylines are more deep and engrossing. How much thinking does it require to shoot a bad guy? Maybe its hard to complete, but not b/c you can't think of the answer.

Irick_cb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#114 Irick_cb
Member since 2009 • 1691 Posts

The Wii has Brawl.

I don't care about any other game on it.

My wants are satisfied.

Your argument is invalid.

B055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#115 B055
Member since 2006 • 140 Posts

Being a previous Wii owner and now 360 I would say it isnt childish but rather lacks a solid game library. Watching E3 hoping for a great Wii title constantly left me dissapointed.

jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 jessesalinas
Member since 2007 • 2935 Posts
It's more "childish" than the PS3 and 360 (if by "childish" you mean it has a more familiar appeal). "Too childish"? Nope. IronBass
maybe childish as in less M Rated titles than the other 2 consoles...and im not talking about just any M rated Titles,im talking about M rated titles that are good... maybe that has something to do with it.. i dont know,what do you think
jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 jessesalinas
Member since 2007 • 2935 Posts
and dont a lot of Wii Games suffer from being too easy or too simplistic in the gameplay department?
StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 StealthKnife
Member since 2008 • 2104 Posts

i agree ps3 and 360 are bvetter for individual gamers.. biut wii is better for partys/// partys with girls

Irick_cb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Irick_cb
Member since 2009 • 1691 Posts

i agree ps3 and 360 are bvetter for individual gamers.. biut wii is better for partys/// partys with girls

StealthKnife

Are you implying the Wii will get you laid?

Jamisonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Jamisonia

it certainly can't hurt. i've had many girls i've brought to my apt on a date that wanted to play with my wii

mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 mD-
Member since 2005 • 4314 Posts

The Wii has Brawl.

I don't care about any other game on it.

My wants are satisfied.

Your argument is invalid.

Irick_cb

haha, I semi-agree

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

[QUOTE="StealthKnife"]

Irick_cb

The Wii doesnt perform miracles my friend.
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#123 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts
[QUOTE="Thunderdrone"][QUOTE="Irick_cb"]

[QUOTE="StealthKnife"]

I think it would do the opposite tbh...
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#124 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

[QUOTE="Thunderdrone"][QUOTE="Irick_cb"]

NinjaMunkey01

I think it would do the opposite tbh...

It has a better chance at it than the PS3 and 360. Girls don't really care about how many achievement points you have or teh power of the cell, much less GIANT ENEMY CRABS. I am speaking from personal experience btw, I tried showing a girl my GIANT ENEMY CRAB this one time but she just ATTACKED ITS WEAKPOINT FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE. :(

PSfanboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 PSfanboy101
Member since 2008 • 1734 Posts

Wii has terrible graphics when compared to PS3 and XBOX and still it sells as hotcakes. Which one you prefer the most among Wii XBOX and PS3? Is Wii suitable for teenagers?waqyum

The Wii is not kiddy at all, the only reason I dont play or really enjoy mine is because the games just arent right for my taste. It has great games like MadWorld, No More Heroes and Little King Story but other than them and a few others im just no intrested.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 deactivated-5e9044657a310
People that only like M rated games and immediately dismiss anything rated under T are actually the ones that are childish and immature.
jokmi11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 jokmi11
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Not really. There's games for pretty much everybody. Even though I have to say that wii does have an irritating amount of cartoony and childish games, but there still are a few good games like the resident evil series for wii. I'm addicted to wii resident evil.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

The wii is more childish..

no BUTS no EXCUSES or OPEN YOUR MIND explanations.

Even the Nintendo makers know this.

The problem is that people cant admit it.

WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#129 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts

Hardware cannot be more "childish," but the software line-up probably is. A lot of more mature games ("mature" in terms of storytelling and the power to get the player to emote over compelling, possibly real-life issues) seem to gravitate towards the more powerful systems, including all of these Westrn RPG's people are getting all excited about. There don't seem to be many of those sort of games on the Wii.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

there is no denying that Wii has much more games which are oriented towards a younger audience (kids) or else casual gamers (by casual i refer to those who occasionaly tend to play videogames) but that doesnt mean the console is 'childish'..

Devs can create mature/violent titles for the Wii but probably they are more informed about what is the average age of gamers who play mainly on Wii and probably it happens to be either casuals or else kids so it makes more sense creating party title, colourful platform titles etc which would sell much more and return more profits..

Syferonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Syferonik
Member since 2006 • 3060 Posts
I would have agree with TC when it was posted 20years ago but now Wii has teh best FPS on the market which is The Conduit of course duh.
Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

Wii has terrible graphics when compared to PS3 and XBOX and still it sells as hotcakes. Which one you prefer the most among Wii XBOX and PS3? Is Wii suitable for teenagers?waqyum

Why are you advertising hotel reservations in your sig?

EDIT: Why am replying to a post made in June?

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#133 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

Nice necro. And I'd say the HD consoles are more childish since blood, guts, swearing and nudity mostly appeals to 12-16 year olds.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#134 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
Wii isn't going to be touched by insecure teenagers though. PS360 does have its merits, but the Wii is a completely unique experience that goes so far from the norm that a lot of "hardcore" gamers would hate it because it broke the status quo. In the end, I feel that sometimes that the people who hate the Wii are the same ones who hate everything mainstream. I also feel that however mainstream the Wii is, it offers a cheap platform for developers to develop games that can be considered too "risky" to develop on the PS360.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Is being childish a problem these days? :?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#136 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

The wii is more childish..

no BUTS no EXCUSES or OPEN YOUR MIND explanations.

Even the Nintendo makers know this.

The problem is that people cant admit it.

g0ddyX

I'd like to know where Nintendo said the Wii was more childish. :roll:

roxlimn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 roxlimn
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts

The Wii is a sleekly designed console, designed to meld with furniture and other appliances unobtrusively. It is marketed towards familiesand it has Wii Fit. I don't know whether or not it's childish and I don't really care, but it's obvious that it's marketed towards an older demographic, not a younger one. By "older," I don't mean 20s. I mean 30s up. You see, to teenagers and young adults, "family-oriented" means "appeals to kids," because they have been kids and as far as they know families are about BEING kids.

To older gamers, "family" is about HAVING kids, not being them. A console that has games that can be used to entertain young kids as well as the older population appeals greatly to an older gamer because he is older and he HAS kids. This is something many younger folk do not truly comprehend. Milk and cookies and cereal are not made to appeal to children. They are made to appeal to PARENTS, because children do not have money and do not make their own purchases. Games like Pokemon are fantastic for kids and thereby drive sales by appealing to kids to appeal to their parents. Few Wii games are like this. Most of the shovelware isn't fun. For anyone. Most of the games that are any good require WAY too much cerebral power to really be appealing to children, or even to teeners.

If you're a teenager, you will probably not like the Wii. Its aesthetic is lost on you, you've outgrown the "for kids" games and are not old enough to really appreciate the games for older people. Stick with a 360 - that'll serve you better.

As for myself, I like the Wii, and it has nothing to do with brand loyalty. It is, in fact, the first Nintendo product I've bought in a long time, and it is doubtful that I will purchase a successor product.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts
I thought that changed to "too casual".
Bukowski81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Bukowski81
Member since 2005 • 242 Posts

eduardomatus

Theres nothing complex about the HD games, they are getting simpler and shorter everyday. If a kid struggles with something lik Halo is because he is not used to the control scheme and thats it, you need much more creativity to beat a game like Zelda or Mario than Halo or Gears.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#140 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
It's not the abundance of kiddie games I dislike so much as the poor graphics, sound, multiplayer options, and a the general failure to capitalize on the unique controls in a compelling way.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61551 Posts

It's childish because it doesn't have all the "Mature" games.

What's childish is a gamer who won't play a system because they think that the console is too childish.