Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

@sakaixx said:

Xbox actually been on 5 bad year out of the last 8. Their best years is whenever Forza Horizon shows up and they cling to that meta score like their life depends on it for the rest of the year.

@nod_calypse said:

Get with it, man. Xbox doesn't have good years anymore. They did away with that shit, just like exclusives.

@templecow90999 said:

It was certainly lackluster

Yes I know, but is 2022 the WORST yet?

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

@hardwenzen:

No

https://gamerant.com/no-xbox-games-award-why/#:~:text=Xbox%20Skips%20The%20Game%20Awards%202022&text=The%20reasoning%20is%20pretty%20simple,regulators%20more%20ammunition%20against%20it.

https://techstory.in/microsoft-may-miss-the-game-awards-due-to-the-activision-blizzard-acquisition/

https://www.destructoid.com/xbox-skips-game-awards/

I mean, you could have just done a Google search before suffering such ownage.

You're the biggest clown of 2022, dabear.

Lol

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#53 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14505 Posts

“Greatest games lineup in Xbox history.”

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Randy_Lahey
@goldenelementxl said:
@Chutebox said:

@goldenelementxl: You think Sony had a bad year? 🤨

Their “big hitters” pretty much came and went. We are seeing a AA, b-tier game control the conversation during Q4… That’s how forgettable Sony’s 2022 has been

This is a bad take. Having “big hitters“ releasing vs the competition releasing zero means a lot. Came and went, what does this even mean? A game comes out, play it, enjoy it then you move onto the next one.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8421 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Gamepass dominated 2022, kotaku

A highly reputable place like kotaku thinks gamepass and Xbox dominated 2022. They say it was a wierd year because even though 2022 was a bit dry for Xbox first party, they still had a fantastic year due to gamepass. Let it sink in.

yeah, Game Pass definitely kept gamers entertained on Xbox/PC.. despite a non-existent Xbox 1st party showing, there was a steady stream of interesting titles to hit the service this year on Day One.. i certainly had plenty to play this year regardless..

that said, looking forward to Xbox Game Studios/Bethesda taking the lead again next year in terms of what's available on the platform..

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16621 Posts

@above_average:

keep clowning dude. MS released around 3 big AAA games last year and plenty of smaller titles as well. MSFS20 doesn't sell well, its niche but MS poured in a ton of money into making it. The release cycle for this game doesn't come around often, we probably won't be seeing another version until 2025, possibly 2030.

Forza Horizon 5 was also massive big budget title, and as for Halo Infinite...they spent more money making that than all the playstation games for the past 5 years combined. Halo Infinite development budget is half a billion, let it sink in properly. Its truly a massive game, and its on a scale you cows can't understand.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16621 Posts

@Antwan3K: I always laugh when people say xbox had a bad year...these guys are nuts. I've been gaming more than ever. They might have been right if not for gamepass.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8421 Posts

@randy_lahey said:
@goldenelementxl said:
@Chutebox said:

@goldenelementxl: You think Sony had a bad year? 🤨

Their “big hitters” pretty much came and went. We are seeing a AA, b-tier game control the conversation during Q4… That’s how forgettable Sony’s 2022 has been

This is a bad take. Having “big hitters“ releasing vs the competition releasing zero means a lot. Came and went, what does this even mean? A game comes out, play it, enjoy it then you move onto the next one.

in the real world, sure.. unfortunately, that's not how fanboy wars work.. the facts that GT7 launched to credible criticism and isn't discussed anymore, Horizon: Forbidden West got swallowed up by Elden Ring, and God of War: Ragnarök launched in the perfect time to win GOTY and still lost to Elden Ring are justified arguments in the realm of System Wars..

Xbox had an abysmal year, yes.. but Sony didn't exactly set the world on fire either despite having 2 delayed flagships from 2021 to get the year going strong.. and next year looks worse for Sony if we're being honest while Xbox looks poised to dominate if they don't trip over themselves..

i wouldn't go so far as to say Sony had a "bad year", but i do ultimately agree with @goldenelementxl's take on this one..

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts
@randy_lahey said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Heavy hitters should have staying power. Elden Ring stuck around all year. GoW launched recently and has fallen off the face of the earth. HFW launched with even less fanfare… That shouldn’t happen to flagship titles. Yet here we are.

When a company who launched NOTHING first party still trades blows with the competition that dropped 3 of their biggest franchises in the same year… Its pretty clear why Jim Ryan is acting so desperate. High on Life is outshining and out hyping GoW…

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39934 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:
@randy_lahey said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Heavy hitters should have staying power. Elden Ring stuck around all year. GoW launched recently and has fallen off the face of the earth. HFW launched with even less fanfare… That shouldn’t happen to flagship titles. Yet here we are.

When a company who launched NOTHING first party still trades blows with the competition that dropped 3 of their biggest franchises in the same year… Its pretty clear why Jim Ryan is acting so desperate. High on Life is outshining and out hyping GoW…

You're not being genuine here. We both know ER launch was an event like no others (in a long time). Plus it launched during covid, so just like Animal Crossing, you can call it a Covid game, both of which were perfect titles if you're stuck at home with nothing to do. Its also made by Miyazaki, a man that keeps winning all the awards, which keeps the hype train going. Plus, they've confirmed that there will be more content for Elden Ring, so of course people are still hyped for the future of this 96/100 masterpiece.

Now, i don't give a shit about HFW, its a garbage game that deserves no praise other than for its visuals/engine, but Ragnarok fallen off the face of the earth? That's simply not true. Plenty of people are still talking about it (and yes, i am referring to outside of SW), and i have plenty of people on my friend list that are playing it still. Its also a much smaller game when compared to ER, and it doesn't even have a NG+ until Spring 2023. And, as if this wasn't enough, they've confirmed that there will be no DLC's, so for the next 4 years or so, there's no new God of War content. So if you're done with the game, there is no reason to keep playing, while there's plenty of reasons to keep playing ER. Hell, i am planning to go back to ER and play it daily as soon as i 100% Ragnarok, and i already have over 800h in the damn game. That game has mmo'ish longivity that not many games have.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Randy_Lahey

@hardwenzen said:
@goldenelementxl said:
@randy_lahey said:
@goldenelementxl said:

You're not being genuine here. We both know ER launch was an event like no others (in a long time). Plus it launched during covid, so just like Animal Crossing, you can call it a Covid game, both of which were perfect titles if you're stuck at home with nothing to do. Its also made by Miyazaki, a man that keeps winning all the awards, which keeps the hype train going. Plus, they've confirmed that there will be more content for Elden Ring, so of course people are still hyped for the future of this 96/100 masterpiece.

Now, i don't give a shit about HFW, its a garbage game that deserves no praise other than for its visuals/engine, but Ragnarok fallen off the face of the earth? That's simply not true. Plenty of people are still talking about it (and yes, i am referring to outside of SW), and i have plenty of people on my friend list that are playing it still. Its also a much smaller game when compared to ER, and it doesn't even have a NG+ until Spring 2023. And, as if this wasn't enough, they've confirmed that there will be no DLC's, so for the next 4 years or so, there's no new God of War content. So if you're done with the game, there is no reason to keep playing, while there's plenty of reasons to keep playing ER. Hell, i am planning to go back to ER and play it daily as soon as i 100% Ragnarok, and i already have over 800h in the damn game. That game has mmo'ish longivity that not many games have.

Respect. that’s a lot of time to drop into not world of Warcraft

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39934 Posts

@randy_lahey: Its not as much as you might think. I do a lot of pvp in these games, and sometimes i check the profile of random people i invade. You can see the amount of time they have in the game by comparing trophies, and i have seen people with 2-2.3k hours, and that was about two months ago. People play these games a shitload, and offer free marketing to Fromsoft by constantly talking about their games. A well oiled machine is what they have going here, and that's pretty rare in the AAA space.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63  Edited By CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

i agree thanks phil spencer for zero exclusives this year happy christmas

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11277 Posts

Stuff like Pentiment is fine for a cute timewaster you find on Steam. But, not for people that want to justify their hardware and get a taste of the current gen. Xbox has to coast on these chintzy games that can run on a phone right now and people are starved. Hell, even High on Life got swarmed because it's a game with a campaign

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#65 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70628 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Stuff like Pentiment is fine for a cute timewaster you find on Steam. But, not for people that want to justify their hardware and get a taste of the current gen. Xbox has to coast on these chintzy games that can run on a phone right now and people are starved. Hell, even High on Life got swarmed because it's a game with a campaign

Now, trying saying something does make you sound like a looney.😏

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11277 Posts

@Pedro said:

Now, trying saying something does make you sound like a looney.😏

You: Dorp-dorp-dorp having a video game opinion makes you a LOONEY! Everybody knows you're crazy if you don't own an XBAWKS!

Keep that salt coming. I'm one hundred percent right

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 above_average
Member since 2021 • 1652 Posts

@Basinboy said:

Phil Spence: "I'm just excited for the games we didn't show you"

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

@Pedro:

I think the whole point of exclusive anything is company's are different and they are creating different hardware from one another. So you will see Sony for example wanting a developer to create something exclusive for their console only. It doesn't mean they can't go back to for example Microsoft and create something exclusive to their console. It's up to the developer.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#69 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Definitely not the worst. Just one of the 11 bad years of the last 13 years.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3519 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: Damn you can run Plague Tale on your phone? That's impressive. Natively or streaming through your Gamepass subscription?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#71  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16052 Posts

@above_average said:
@Basinboy said:

To be frank that Xbox showcase where they announced like 40-50 games was great. Even better 95% was multiplat lmao.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Randy_Lahey

@hardwenzen: I forgot the game has pvp. Makes more sense now

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3519 Posts

Played a lot of great games on Xbox this year. For sure not the best year but it was still great.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 664 Posts

I dont know if there is a worse year or not because ever year for xbox has been bad from the start in 2001 so.

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

Not at all. I played Eldin Ring and a bunch of stuff on GamePass; beyond solid year.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2509 Posts

Microsoft hasn't really had a great year since the Xbox 360 days.

Rewgle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Rewgle
Member since 2022 • 414 Posts

I spent most of the year getting into Fortnite, so while it's been disappointing that I haven't had a lot of 1st-party stuff to look forward to, I have been playing a lot of that one game.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#78 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17466 Posts

I don't know if I'd say the worst year, but it was up there.

At least this year they had 3rd party exclusives on Game Pass.

They had years during Xbox One era where they released first party games but they were all 6-7 and below, which I think is worse than having 3rd party exclusive that are at least good.

Game Pass saved their bacon this year, this inconsistency is why Sony has such loyal (and often rabid) fans.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#79 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13131 Posts

@above_average said:
@Basinboy said:

For an alt, you trigger pretty easily. Calm down son.