me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

Where are the good exclusives? Pentiment, a point click adventure? As dark falls, a telltele like game? Grounded looks ok.

And?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70401 Posts

Step 1. There are no exclusives for Xbox for 6 going on 7 years. So, if you were expecting exclusives let me be the one to tell you, there aren't going to be exclusives for the system until MS makes a policy change.

Step 2. Good games are subjective. You not liking the games are only important to you.

Step 3. Gamers game on systems because of games. Not because they are exclusives.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39700 Posts

Zero mentions during the GAME AWARDS. Do you understand how pathetic this is? Even @sealionact will have a lot of trouble damage controlling the disastrous year Microsoft has had in 2022.

This is what happens when ALL your games are built for a rent service. You don't take gaming seriously because your profit margins are pathetic, so you hire a bunch of clueless interns to work on your flagship game. It has been over two years, and we haven't seen a single game that takes advantage of those 12tflops. Pathetic pathetic pathetic!!!

Simply pathetic!

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#4 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16018 Posts

Xbox actually been on 5 bad year out of the last 8. Their best years is whenever Forza Horizon shows up and they cling to that meta score like their life depends on it for the rest of the year.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9839 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Zero mentions during the GAME AWARDS. Do you understand how pathetic this is? Even @sealionact will have a lot of trouble damage controlling the disastrous year Microsoft has had in 2022.

This is what happens when ALL your games are built for a rent service. You don't take gaming seriously because your profit margins are pathetic, so you hire a bunch of clueless interns to work on your flagship game. It has been over two years, and we haven't seen a single game that takes advantage of those 12tflops. Pathetic pathetic pathetic!!!

Simply pathetic!

Wow. I triggered him without saying anything.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

this was one of the greatest years for xbox in terms of output, all because of gamepass. We got high on life, vampire survivors, both of these games got record engagement. High on Life is the 3rd biggest gamepass release in history. Let it sink in, #day1gamepass.

The ps5 has had a terrible past few years, past half decade actually. 2022 was especially bad though. Horizon forgotten worst, gt7 and right at the very very end they got GoW. Sad.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sealionact

Did I miss something? What‘s got the Cows trampling around the pasture again….did all the cutscenes in Ragnarok finish already?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:

Simply pathetic!

Wow. I triggered him without saying anything.

You're trying your hardest to hide your emotions, but you have until the end of 2023 to play your first exclusive, and that exclusive is made by none other than Todd. Stress is not enough to describe your situation, and i find this pathetic.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hardwenzen
@sakaixx said:

Xbox actually been on 5 bad year out of the last 8. Their best years is whenever Forza Horizon shows up and they cling to that meta score like their life depends on it for the rest of the year.

So true and so sad at the same time. Its as if Forza is the only AAA franchise they have left. And since the upcoming game is crafted with GP in mind, even that might be heavily downgraded.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44543 Posts

Probably. Thankfully first party stuff isn’t the be all, end all for me. Played a lot of great third party games on the Xbox platform and have been very much enjoying Game Pass.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sealionact

@hardwenzen: Meh, im pretty chilled. In fact I’m High on life right now. Just moving through the Gears feeling like a Forza nature. I’m Grounded enough to know that in case I need to do a Rare Replay of a game I owned before, I’m not forced to pay again.

As Dusk Falls and I look at your library, I realise that your love of Sony exclusives is just a Fable.

No wonder you’re in such a State of Decay.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

Wait, Xbox has exclusives? Like when did that happened? Xbox hasn't had exclusives like in years. Just Xbox console & PC. I can't keep up SW logic these days. Am I getting old?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: Meh, im pretty chilled. In fact I’m High on life right now. Just moving through the Gears feeling like a Forza nature. I’m Grounded enough to know that in case I need to do a Rare Replay of a game I owned before, I’m not forced to pay again.

As Dusk Falls and I look at your library, I realise that your love of Sony exclusives is just a Fable.

No wonder you’re in such a State of Decay.

High on Life is a great game. Call me when its made by MS first party.

Me on the other hand, i am playing a six award winning Ragnarok that i still have a bunch of things to do to get that 100% completion that you can only dream of having. Too bad you don't own a ps5, i could've teached you a thing or two how to play Ragnarok on max difficulty, bro.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44543 Posts

@sealionact: Excellent post! 👍😅

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pedro

@davillain said:

Wait, Xbox has exclusives? Like when did that happened? Xbox hasn't had exclusives like in years. Just Xbox console & PC. I can't keep up SW logic these days. Am I getting old?

Yes! But in this case, it is more the fact that some people are still living in the past.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

@Pedro: I can say the same for Sony no longer even goes by exclusives either as most of their games are coming to PC or soon all will be. Nintendo is still the king of exclusives.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sealionact

@hardwenzen: Bunch of things? Furiously mash “X” to win the quick time battle? Sit through hours of mind numbing dialogue? Listen to your Son repeatedly tell you how to solve a puzzle that wouldn’t challenge even you?

Nah, I’m good. Sony doesn’t offer enough, which is why you don’t buy most of their games.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pedro

@davillain said:

@Pedro: I can say the same for Sony no longer even goes by exclusives either as most of their games are coming to PC or soon all will be. Nintendo is still the king of exclusives.

This is correct.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: Bunch of things? Furiously mash “X” to win the quick time battle? Sit through hours of mind numbing dialogue? Listen to your Son repeatedly tell you how to solve a puzzle that wouldn’t challenge even you?

Nah, I’m good. Sony doesn’t offer enough, which is why you don’t buy most of their games.

Youre trying too hard, and failing at your job. Ragnarok offer 3 times the amount of conent FarCry Infinite has offered you.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sealionact

@hardwenzen: Really? Does Ragnarok have mp? Splitscreen? Can you create your own maps?

Heck, how did Sony manage to create a game about a God who can’t jump? And have you seen the melon physics you were so obsessed with on the mighty Halo?

Game over…get to bed.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By hardwenzen
@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: Really? Does Ragnarok have mp? Splitscreen? Can you create your own maps?

Heck, how did Sony manage to create a game about a God who can’t jump? And have you seen the melon physics you were so obsessed with on the mighty Halo?

Game over…get to bed.

Multiplayer that nobody plays? No, they weren't wasting their resources on that. Instead, they made a six award winning game with a 94 on meta. The story telling in Ragnarok is something you will never see in ANY MS titles. Its too much to ask for from Microsoft.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Xbox has the most powerful console and 95% of games are multiplat. Without the Xbox, console gaming would have had an even worse year.

3rd parties and Nintendo saved 2022. But to just single out Xbox for having a poor 2022 is disingenuous

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

Get with it, man. Xbox doesn't have good years anymore. They did away with that shit, just like exclusives.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8910 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Simply pathetic!

They avoided the Game Awards because they didn't want to give the CMA and FTC any ammo in the Activision-Blizzard litigation.

But, I will concede that your 12tflops critique is on the money.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 923 Posts

It was certainly lackluster

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts

@dabear said:

They avoided the Game Awards because they didn't want to give the CMA and FTC any ammo in the Activision-Blizzard litigation.

The 12TF XSX playing MS Flight Simulator blows away anything that any other console has done.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

Starfield was supposed to launch this year...

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dabear

@kvallyx said:
@dabear said:

The 12TF XSX playing MS Flight Simulator blows away anything that any other console has done.

That's true. Forza Horizon 5, too. But, those aren't games like Horizon FW and GoW.

Next year, there's going to be a lot of content.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50664 Posts

@goldenelementxl: You think Sony had a bad year? 🤨

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pedro
@Chutebox said:

Sony "only" released a few high budget games.😏

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts

@dabear said:
@kvallyx said:
@dabear said:

That's true. Forza Horizon 5, too. But, those aren't games like Horizon FW and GoW.

Thankfully.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hardwenzen

@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

Simply pathetic!

Is this your cope mechanism talking?🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Chutebox

@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

Simply pathetic!

Ya, I laughed when I read that haha

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7307 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@dabear said:
@kvallyx said:
@dabear said:

Thankfully.

stop you enjoyed those games you know it lol. please stop this pretend crap.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Gifford38
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

Simply pathetic!

I know like xbox had released something to show at the game awards in 2022.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gifford38

@Pedro said:
@Chutebox said:

doesn't every company? do gamers expect 10 high budget games a year?

2 to 3 huge games a year would be great.

sony released 3 high profile games gt7,hfw,god of war.

that is great from any company. nin or xbox or sony.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#37 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4585 Posts

It was a pretty bad year for Xbox in my opinion. 2023 is looking to be a different story though. Gamepass was still a good value, even without a strong output from MS 1st party studios.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dabear

@hardwenzen:

No

https://gamerant.com/no-xbox-games-award-why/#:~:text=Xbox%20Skips%20The%20Game%20Awards%202022&text=The%20reasoning%20is%20pretty%20simple,regulators%20more%20ammunition%20against%20it.

https://techstory.in/microsoft-may-miss-the-game-awards-due-to-the-activision-blizzard-acquisition/

https://www.destructoid.com/xbox-skips-game-awards/

I mean, you could have just done a Google search before suffering such ownage.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hardwenzen

@dabear said:

@hardwenzen:

No

https://gamerant.com/no-xbox-games-award-why/#:~:text=Xbox%20Skips%20The%20Game%20Awards%202022&text=The%20reasoning%20is%20pretty%20simple,regulators%20more%20ammunition%20against%20it.

https://techstory.in/microsoft-may-miss-the-game-awards-due-to-the-activision-blizzard-acquisition/

https://www.destructoid.com/xbox-skips-game-awards/

I mean, you could have just done a Google search before suffering such ownage.

You're the biggest clown of 2022, dabear.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22972 Posts

Nah. Xbox gamers had a great year. Gamepass provided them with dozens and dozens of games for a fraction of the price.

The end of the 360 generation and beginning of Xbox one was some really slim tomes for Xbox.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@Chutebox said:

Their “big hitters” pretty much came and went. We are seeing a AA, b-tier game control the conversation during Q4… That’s how forgettable Sony’s 2022 has been

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

doesn't every company? do gamers expect 10 high budget games a year?

2 to 3 huge games a year would be great.

sony released 3 high profile games gt7,hfw,god of war.

that is great from any company. nin or xbox or sony.

I was being facetious.😐

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Chutebox

@goldenelementxl: You're on some drugs man 🤭

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 above_average
Member since 2021 • 1639 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Chutebox said:

It was Microsoft who promised a AAA game every quarter not Sony.

Still Sony delivered a solid amount AAA content EVERY YEAR without making fictitious promises to promote a service to deluded fans who wouldn't hold them accountable when they find out they were lied to.

MS only released 2 high budget games...in the last 3 years!

Everything is relative. If you're trying to defend MS with this type of talking point, it only exposes how hypocritical and moronic your mind set is when you're defending the company who has produced ZERO high budget games. But carry on

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1639 Posts
@Pedro said:
@Chutebox said:

Throwing stones from a glass house.

I bet you were one of the many xbox fans hyping this type of talking point when logical people told you it wasn't happening.

Now all you can do make hypocritical excuses. (that goes for every xbox fan here who tried to hype up gamepass actually getting 4 or 5 AAA games like complete fools)

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/441501/phil-spencer-our-goal-is-to-release-4-or-5-aaa-games-every-year-on-xbox/

HERE'S THE KICKER: This was published March 2020, yea

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pedro

@above_average said:
@Pedro said:
@Chutebox said:

It was Microsoft who promised a AAA game every quarter not Sony.

Still Sony delivered a solid amount AAA content EVERY YEAR without making fictitious promises to promote a service to deluded fans who wouldn't hold them accountable when they find out they were lied to.

MS only released 2 high budget games...in the last 3 years!

Everything is relative. If you're trying to defend MS with this type of talking point, it only exposes how hypocritical and moronic your mind set is when you're defending the company who has produced ZERO high budget games. But carry on

@above_average said:
@Pedro said:
@Chutebox said:

Throwing stones from a glass house.

I bet you were one of the many xbox fans hyping this type of talking point when logical people told you it wasn't happening.

Now all you can do make hypocritical excuses. (that goes for every xbox fan here who tried to hype up gamepass actually getting 4 or 5 AAA games like complete fools)

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/441501/phil-spencer-our-goal-is-to-release-4-or-5-aaa-games-every-year-on-xbox/

HERE'S THE KICKER: This was published March 2020, yea

Damn! You got triggered for nothing.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2966 Posts

@sealionact said:

Did I miss something? What‘s got the Cows trampling around the pasture again….did all the cutscenes in Ragnarok finish already?

Hmm, yes, I suppose the cutscenes in Ragnarok did finish already because they load so quickly on dat superfast PS5 SSD. Lol.

Anyway, it hasn't been a very interesting year for Xbox, but Sony didn't fare much better. I am mainly playing pre-2022 games at the moment. 2023 should be much more interesting. Hopefully, corona has finished putting delays on most games.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8410 Posts

for first party?.. yeah, there's a clear case to be made there..

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

sure, sounds good.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Gamepass dominated 2022, kotaku

A highly reputable place like kotaku thinks gamepass and Xbox dominated 2022. They say it was a wierd year because even though 2022 was a bit dry for Xbox first party, they still had a fantastic year due to gamepass. Let it sink in.