Is the Xbox One the only clear choice for next gen gaming?

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Multipass35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Multipass35
Member since 2013 • 312 Posts

It has a great exclusive launch lineup. Fantastic OS/UI, Xbox Live is still king, at launch it has dozens of features no other console will have in its lifespan and last but not least a great 18 month exclusive game library. It is the only can't miss Home Entertainment and Gaming Console.

The future arrives the 22nd!

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

TLHBO.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I strongly disagree.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

the future arrives on the 15th. Step child arrives later and it isn't important when exactly

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

720P is anything but clear, son!

Multipass35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Multipass35

Mooooooooooooooo lol

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

No, I'm afraid not. After MS decided to drop core in 2009 and go upwards of 65% casual with Kinect(lol), I was devastated. The hurt and core drought effected the 360 negatively for the rest of its life, including this year. I had no other choice but to go with the company who is synonymous with world class gaming, the company who got an unprecedented amount of GOTYS last gen, a perfect 10/10 exclusive and 2 top 5 games of all times in video game history-Sony.

The PlayStation®4 system opens the door to an incredible journey through immersive new gaming worlds and a deeply connected gaming community. PS4™ puts gamers first with an astounding launch lineup and over 180 games in development. Play amazing top-tier blockbusters and innovative indie hits on PS4™. Developer Inspired, Gamer Focus.

On top of all that (Ad if there could be ANYTHING else a gamer would want)

PS4 price

Sony announced the PS4 price at E3 - it'll cost $399 in the US, £349 in the UK and €399 in Europe when it goes on sale in November. That's a whole $100 cheaper than the Xbox One.

Only 1 thing to do TC:

PlayStation®4. Greatness Awaits™

PlayStation®4: The Best Place to Play™

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#9  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Wii U.

Multipass35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Multipass35

@Heil68: lol the PS4 journey. It's gonna be a long boring journey. You got, no features, no games, a slow leggy UI and basically the same look as dining that came out in what 2001?

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@Heil68 said:

No, I'm afraid not. After MS decided to drop core in 2009 and go upwards of 65% casual with Kinect(lol), I was devastated. The hurt and core drought effected the 360 negatively for the rest of its life, including this year. I had no other choice but to go with the company who is synonymous with world class gaming, the company who got an unprecedented amount of GOTYS last gen, a perfect 10/10 exclusive and 2 top 5 games of all times in video game history-Sony.

The PlayStation®4 system opens the door to an incredible journey through immersive new gaming worlds and a deeply connected gaming community. PS4™ puts gamers first with an astounding launch lineup and over 180 games in development. Play amazing top-tier blockbusters and innovative indie hits on PS4™. Developer Inspired, Gamer Focus.

On top of all that (Ad if there could be ANYTHING else a gamer would want)

PS4 price

Sony announced the PS4 price at E3 - it'll cost $399 in the US, £349 in the UK and €399 in Europe when it goes on sale in November. That's a whole $100 cheaper than the Xbox One.

Only 1 thing to do TC:

PlayStation®4. Greatness Awaits™

PlayStation®4: The Best Place to Play™

Bravo!

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SonofK
Member since 2013 • 1088 Posts

As much as cows are going to try to deny it, the XB1 is the only console pushing innovation. Cows use the arguments of hardcore gamer or the PS4 is a gaming machine as an excuse for Sony not pushing innovation with the PS4 and essentially making it a more powerful PS3. Cows can make this argument about 1080p vs 720p and it'll be the only leg they can stand on. I'm not buying either until next year but if I had to choose I'd take a feature rich system that actually works, vs a so called gaming machine that just now puts in features like cross game chat which the 360 was rocking back in 2006, and just like most of it's features, is probably going to utilize it poorly.\

Sure, it'll ultimately come down to games, and Sony has a good track record in that department, and there's merit to say that Sony's first party titles will probably deliver for the most part, but if MS continues to buy exclusives like they've done with the XB1 that advantage is gone.

Now, let the cows come and say butt hurt, didn't read, cry more or umad, internet lingo is all they have left.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

It would be more clear if it could to 1080P LMFAO!

Multipass35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Multipass35

For a laugh I read that, loved the astounding exclusive lineup quote. Knack and KZ.........,, LOL

Moooo along cows. Moo along.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

Right now, Xbox One or Wii U. Next year? Who knows.

I'll be waiting it out this time, at least until after Stick of Truth releases.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Lot of MAD COWS in here. LMAO!! So much damage control. I almost forgot how entertaining Cows are.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Heil68

@multipass35 said:

@Heil68: lol the PS4 journey. It's gonna be a long boring journey. You got, no features, no games, a slow leggy UI and basically the same look as dining that came out in what 2001?

Dismissing GOTY's at the site your posting at? I guess it is that bad for MS if you have to draw upon such nefarious practices. Been shown numerous times the PS4 has more games coming out at launch than the Xbone. I know it sucks that MS dropped core and only 1 exclusive came out this year for the 360, but please dont take out your anger, frustration and feeling of abandonment on other forum users, that's not nice.

Carry on though, I wont be distracted. Truth, justice and freedom go hand in hand with the Live, Learn and Love lifestyle that Sony deploys.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Heil68

@SonofK said:

As much as cows are going to try to deny it, the XB1 is the only console pushing innovation. Cows use the arguments of hardcore gamer or the PS4 is a gaming machine as an excuse for Sony not pushing innovation with the PS4 and essentially making it a more powerful PS3. Cows can make this argument about 1080p vs 720p and it'll be the only leg they can stand on. I'm not buying either until next year but if I had to choose I'd take a feature rich system that actually works, vs a so called gaming machine that just now puts in features like cross game chat which the 360 was rocking back in 2006, and just like most of it's features, is probably going to utilize it poorly.\

Sure, it'll ultimately come down to games, and Sony has a good track record in that department, and there's merit to say that Sony's first party titles will probably deliver for the most part, but if MS continues to buy exclusives like they've done with the XB1 that advantage is gone.

Now, let the cows come and say butt hurt, didn't read, cry more or umad, internet lingo is all they have left.

PS4â„¢ puts gamers first with an astounding launch lineup and over 180 games in development. Play amazing top-tier blockbusters and innovative indie hits on PS4â„¢. Developer Inspired, Gamer Focus.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/06/10/30-ps4-games-in-development-by-sony-worldwide-studios-20-out-in-first-year-12-new-ip/

I *guess* that will just have to do then. Somehow I'll manage. :D

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I guess i will just have to make due with my lowly PS4. Im so sad i wont be able to watch cable tv or yell at my console to turn on. Oh wait, i can still watch cable tv.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Heil68

@Videodogg said:

I guess i will just have to make due with my lowly PS4. Im so sad i wont be able to watch cable tv or yell at my console to turn on. Oh wait, i can still watch cable tv.

Yea, somehow I'll manage there too. lmao

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@Videodogg said:

Yea, somehow I'll manage there too. lmao

lets make a support group it will be so hard without tv...oh wait i already have cable tv. I was getting worried.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@SonofK:

You are honestly going to let the launch exclusivity fool you? MS did the same thing with the 360 on titles like Mass Effect and the original Dead rising only to lose it a year later. Then it was nothing but Halo and Kinect crap. Enjoy weaker hardware and a horrible online service with no value.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SonofK

@AM-Gamer said:

@SonofK:

You are honestly going to let the launch exclusivity fool you? MS did the same thing with the 360 on titles like Mass Effect and the original Dead rising only to lose it a year later. Then it was nothing but Halo and Kinect crap. Enjoy weaker hardware and a horrible online service with no value.

Suggestion, if you're going to come on a forum and PRETEND to be an intellectual, let me give you some advice

LEARN TO READ

Here, this was my statement word for word

"Sure, it'll ultimately come down to games, and Sony has a good track record in that department, and there's merit to say that Sony's first party titles will probably deliver for the most part, but if MS continues to buy exclusives like they've done with the XB1 that advantage is gone."

Noticed how the word if is in bold? That's to emphasize a possible scenario that may or may not occur.

Mass Effect was going to be an exclusive before EA bought out Bioware and changed the business structure of that game. Dead Rising 1 was never on another system, just a butchered Wii version that came out 3 years later.

Your entire post is uneducated nonsense and your horrible online service remark is the cherry on the shit sundae. A Sony loving idiot should never talk about horrible online when Sony has been delivering one of the worst network infrastructures ever for the past decade now.

If I did buy an XB1 I'll enjoy playing games like Destiny and the Division on smooth, lag free dedicated servers on a service with a sleek, top notch UI and service that's full of innovation and features that actually work, where you'll be playing these games on your PS4, with it's laggy servers, bare bone features that Sony is getting just now even though they were on XBL back in 2006, which will probably function poorly, and a slow, clunky, hideous chud of a UI. But hey, at least PSN+ will give you some crappy game that you already beat a year ago for free LOL

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

@SonofK said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@SonofK:

Suggestion, if you're going to come on a forum and PRETEND to be an intellectual, let me give you some advice

LEARN TO READ

Here, this was my statement word for word

"Sure, it'll ultimately come down to games, and Sony has a good track record in that department, and there's merit to say that Sony's first party titles will probably deliver for the most part, but if MS continues to buy exclusives like they've done with the XB1 that advantage is gone."

Noticed how the word if is in bold? That's to emphasize a possible scenario that may or may not occur.

Mass Effect was going to be an exclusive before EA bought out Bioware and changed the business structure of that game. Dead Rising 1 was never on another system, just a butchered Wii version that came out 3 years later.

Your entire post is uneducated nonsense and your horrible online service remark is the cherry on the shit sundae. A Sony loving idiot should never talk about horrible online when Sony has been delivering one of the worst network infrastructures ever for the past decade now.

If I did buy an XB1 I'll enjoy playing games like Destiny and the Division on smooth, lag free dedicated servers on a service with a sleek, top notch UI and service that's full of innovation and features that actually work, where you'll be playing these games on your PS4, with it's laggy servers, bare bone features that Sony is getting just now even though they were on XBL back in 2006, which will probably function poorly, and a slow, clunky, hideous chud of a UI. But hey, at least PSN+ will give you some crappy game that you already beat a year ago for free LOL

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

Do people really believe if you say something enough it becomes true?

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

No, it's the worst system with the Wii-U as a follow-up.

The PC is the only system to go for otherwise you're doing it wrong.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I feel so sorry for lemmings. So so so insecure. Constantly feeling the need to make these types of threads to help them justify their purchase.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@multipass35 said:

Your dad should have pulled out.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#30  Edited By MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

For me, the Xbone is the clear gaming choice for next generation. There's just simply nothing on the PS4 that interests me.

On the other hand, the Xbone has exclusives that I want, like Ryse, Halo, Forza, and Titanfall, as well as multi plats. I've had a fantastic experience with my 360 and am eagerly looking forward to new IPs and returning favorites with the Xbone.

kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts

Nah

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@multipass35 said:

It has a great exclusive launch lineup. Fantastic OS/UI, Xbox Live is still king, at launch it has dozens of features no other console will have in its lifespan and last but not least a great 18 month exclusive game library. It is the only can't miss Home Entertainment and Gaming Console.

The future arrives the 22nd!

danlevm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By danlevm
Member since 2013 • 289 Posts

I am getting the XONE when it comes down a bit in price....getting a ps4 launch day though. I do really like the look of the one, I saw it in person and it looks nice in person online pictures make it look more massive that it really is

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34  Edited By YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

It's my choice that's for sure. PS4 will be fine and all but only giving you better looking games than your prior console just doesn't cut it for me. I'm really shocked that more people can't see the many benefits of the X1 (please spare me the 720p loz as I doubt it will remain that way all gen and the games people loz about actually seem to look better thatn the 1080 ps4 version)

I believe that once both systems are out and side by side for the public to choose between, they will likely see that what the X1 offers is head and shoulders above the ps4. Without someone telling them that this runs at 1080 or this at 900 they'll just see how good they look and try to find what differentiates the two for their purchase.If X1 shows that UI demo on their kiosks, it's over imo

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@SonofK said:

As much as cows are going to try to deny it, the XB1 is the only console pushing innovation.

Some elaboration would be nice.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I still don't see why Lemmings are waiting til later this month for "teh innovashunz"

http://www.samsung.com/us/2013-smart-tv/

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

Xbox One is a joke.

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts

If your next generation is going to last for less than a year, sure. Xbox One is the choice. We all know Microsoft loses all ambition for exclusives outside of their launch window. Once they have your money, it's back to the Halo/Forza/Kinect machine.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

Not for me necessarily, but I respect your choice and your opinion. :)

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@shellcase86 said:

@SonofK said:

As much as cows are going to try to deny it, the XB1 is the only console pushing innovation.

Some elaboration would be nice.

- being able to give voice commands to your system (even though this isn't new and ps4 can do it without needing the camera)

- watching TV on your xbox (even though all you are doing is overlaying the xbox interface and you still need the cable box and subscription to a provider to use this)

- er... the cloud?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22676 Posts

I predict the same as it was last gen... Theyre the same damn thing and will continue to be throughout... Gamers rejoice. I'll enjoy owning both I'm sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

Another insecure assurance thread

TruthArisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TruthArisen
Member since 2013 • 403 Posts

Wonder Woman agrees.

"The only clear choice for being defeated for a 3rd gen in a row? Absolutely. "

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Xbone is not next gen LMAO. 720p is last gen fool.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SonofK

@Heil68 said:

@SonofK said:

PS4â„¢ puts gamers first with an astounding launch lineup and over 180 games in development. Play amazing top-tier blockbusters and innovative indie hits on PS4â„¢. Developer Inspired, Gamer Focus.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/06/10/30-ps4-games-in-development-by-sony-worldwide-studios-20-out-in-first-year-12-new-ip/

I *guess* that will just have to do then. Somehow I'll manage. :D

I didn't even notice this post before, you may as well call the PS4 the PS 3.5 since it's barely doing anything it's predecessor did, it's just a souped up PS3. If that's enough for you then fine, but it doesn't change the fact that Sony failed to push innovation with the PS4.

bumsonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#47 bumsonfire
Member since 2013 • 250 Posts

Don't listen to those butthurt playstation fanboys, everything u said was correct. 720p and 1020p is no difference and can't be seen differently by the human eye, so ignore that. XBOX FOR LIFE!

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

720p lol, people were playing HL2 in 2004 at higher res than that.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Wow. The typical cows really flooded this tread. Anywho. The X1 is my only choice. The only clear choice.

ihsanqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ihsanqueen
Member since 2008 • 913 Posts

@bumsonfire said:

Don't listen to those butthurt playstation fanboys, everything u said was correct. 720p and 1020p is no difference and can't be seen differently by the human eye, so ignore that. XBOX FOR LIFE!

Is this serious? I really hope its sarcasm because if you're serious then you clearly underestimating the power of human eye. It was God who made your eyes, not Microsoft LOL