Is the XBOX brand making a strong case about WHY it exists?

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

@Salt_The_Fries: Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One: Halo, Gears of War, Fable, Forza

Playstation: Crash Bandicoot, Spyro The Dragon, Parappa The Rapper, Gran Turismo, Need For Speed, Tomb Raider

Playstation2: Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, God Of War, Devil May Cry, Shadow of the Colossus, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy

Playstation3: Littlebigplanet, Uncharted, Infamous, God of War, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, Motorstorm, Resistance, Ratchet & Clank Future, Killzone, Last of Us

When I think of noteworthy console exclusives (at least, for that given time period) this is how it breaks down to.

Am I wrong?

'When I think'

theres your problem, you are not being Objective about it, it's your subjective opinion which isn't winning any arguments

You want to be objective you list Crackdown, PGR, Brute force, perfect dark Zero, Conker,crimson skies, DOA3, Grabbed by the ghoulies,Jet set radio future, Blue dragon,Kingdom under fire,mech assault, Ninja gaiden and unreal championship.

and you can take Tomb raider OFF the Ps1 list, not exclusive, i had the PC version which released Exactly the same day as the Ps1 version and the Sega saturn version.

When it comes to Variety in Exclusives i give the nod to Playstation but only just, it has been proven here time and time again by Stevo that the 360 had just as much Variety in Exclusives as the Ps3 but the Original Xbox did not have the same kind of variety as the Ps2, that really was the 'Shooterbox'

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@Wickerman777 said:

@ProtossX said:

there is a brightside to the xbox brand

Windows 10 XB1 interface is gonna make PS4 look like ancient relic

right now the xb1 already feels like its being upgraded every week now imagine once windows 10 comes out an they make it more like PC and more like windows 7 sony

xb1 gonna be more an more like pc as time goes on while sony is gonna be less and less like new pc's and depending on windows 10 market share could hurt sony on where the games are being developed for first if windows 10 gamers out number ps4 consoles the dev would start on windows 10 an port over to ps4

No amount of updates is gonna fix the weak hardware. Seriously, it ain't hard to figure out why PS4 is outselling X1. The software catalogs are nearly identical, a wash. But one is more powerful than the other. PS4 ain't no powerhouse either but it's better than X1 in that area and everyone knows it.

I never said the updates will make the games look better, I said Windows 10 UI will look better than the PS4 UI eventually over time

i don't even care about dx12 as much windows 8 looks like garbage and its laggy an bloated if windows 10 is a hit THAT WILL HURT ps4 in the long run cuz xb1 will have it and ps4 won't have it

then overtime if dx12 is where devs make all pc games first on windows 10 then they port the game to other stuff after usually it will look worse or the same so no more ps4 looking a ton better anymore if the devs are lazy it will just be parity stuff or whatever

if windows 10 is a huge success its jsut gonna be bad news for ps4 based on a lot of stuff that would occur

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@delta3074:

Notice how I mentioned "console exclusive". Besides the first tomb raider, the rest were console exclusive to ps.

Did those xbox games sell millions? I haven't heard of half of them and I don't know how many would consider them to be noteworthy. Besides possibly crackdown.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@delta3074 said:

Does shooting whilst Zip lining in Gears 3 count?

Anyway, shut, you are laughable , everyman and his dog apart from Cows would acknowledge that gears has better shooting mechanics than uncharted, and i was talking shooting mechanics, Melee doesn't even come into it but on that note, can you attach a grenade to your enemy and boot him into all his mates? can you kick people whilst wall mounting? Does Uncharted have bayonet charge.

Not that i have to bother, you are a hypocrite, we had this conversation a while ago during a graphics thread where you proved that gears had shit fire and even you acknowledged back then that gears had better shooting mechanics with the excuse that Uncharted didn't need to be as good because it was an Action adventure game with loads of Exploration and the main emphasis wasn't combat

And sorry, why would anyone trust you when you claimed the Xbone sales had declined after the holiday season when Jun, Feb and march the Xbone sales increased month on month over the previous year.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/03/12/xbox-one-hardware-sales-see-84-percent-increase-month-over-month-in-february-2015

Trust me, i ain't the biggest gears fan but it has the second best shotting mechanics in the TPS genre behind Vanquish and i KNOW that mines a Majority opinion

Is not even close to be the same,not to mention shooting while hanging,the multi level design in Uncharted is superior and has more gameplay elements than Gears does.

No only lemmings will claim that last time i check Uncharted 2 was higher rated than any gears game.

Please don't talk about hypocrites dude.

What the **** that link you posted doesn't prove me wrong idiot,did the xbox one sold 1.2 million units in january,february or March..? No so the sales declined from holidays.? Yes they did unless you can prove MS sold 1.2 million units in any of those months.

Sales been higher than previous year say shit since my argument is not about sales of January vs January,is January vs December which show how totally it slowed down,the xbox one outsold the PS4 in December and in January it was outsold by the PS4 again,so yeah the xbox sales are down.

Since you took your inner lemming for a stroll,you do know that in January 2015 the xbox one sold 153k right.? You know how much the xbox 360 sold that month back in 2007 the same time frame.? 294k basically double the xbox one sales,yet the 360 was $399 and 299 core with no games,unlike the xbox one 349 with 2 free games including a hot new game.

Did you know that the xbox one in February 2015 at $349 with 2 free games,barely outsold the $500 xbox one without games on February 2014.?

258k $500 no free games February 2014.

276k $349 2 free games February 2015..

So where is the 80% MS talk about because from 258k to 276k there isn't a 80% increase...lol

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/feburary-npd-prediction-thread-ps4-wins-31131920/

February 2014 NPD..lol

That was poor damage control to try to stop people from buying more and more PS4 and stop the notion that the PS4 is killing it,look at amazon the PS4 doesn't drop from the top 20,the xbox one just yesterday started to show below the top 40,at times it wasn't even on the top 60...lol

Now is on spot 28 not even on the top 20,the PS4 spot 11..lol

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 delta3074

@jcrame10 said:

@delta3074:

Notice how I mentioned "console exclusive". Besides the first tomb raider, the rest were console exclusive to ps.

Did those xbox games sell millions? I haven't heard of half of them and I don't know how many would consider them to be noteworthy. Besides possibly crackdown.

Err, no they where not, Tomb raider chronicles was also released on the dreamcast and tomb raider revelations as well.

'Did those xbox games sell millions? I haven't heard of half of them and I don't know how many would consider them to be noteworthy. Besides possibly crackdown.'

Which is a subjective opinion, in my subjective opinion they ARE noteworthy, neither of us is wrong because it's just opinions.

And many people would find Kingdom under fire to be a noteworthy game unless they started gaming in the Last gen or never played it.

ldustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By ldustin
Member since 2014 • 133 Posts

No, I don't feel there is a reason for MS to stay in the console industry.

1. They are paying people to buy their current console. They are not making money and their presence in the market is only hurting both Sony and Nintendo.

2. They have no exclusive games not named Halo (and Halo has milked dry after four entries on 360). They bought the rights to Minecraft which is just ridiculous. They bought the rights to Gears of War and I don't know of a team that they have to even make it (and I don't know why anyone would want to develop or play another Gears game). They bought Perfect Dark, Banjo, Conker, Battletoads, and more with Rare and they havn't produced anything of worth other than Killer Instincts since the acquisition. Without a real portfolio of development teams with proven track records, MS' got jack.

3. What are they making that's new or progressing the industry forward? What innovation is there?

4. They likely won't break 30 million units after five years with X1 (especially if NX delivers the goods).

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50646 Posts

@nyadc said:

@Chutebox said:

@nyadc: This is false. Adjust your list yet?

How is it false, please do explain Mr. Black&White.

By definition of course.

Or do you want to count all the PS2 and PS1 games that are playable on PS3 and not 360?

If so, you're not going to like the way it ends.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#108 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@Chozofication said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@Salt_The_Fries: You're the one who's "ignorant" if you're strictly going by review scores vs experience. Again, your claim is 100% horse shit because you're flat out ignoring the entire Wii and PS3 combined libraries that you have zero personal knowledge of.

I never claimed the 360 had no great titles, like ever. I know some of its games are fantastic, because, you know, I played them. But to even remotely suggest the 360 library alone is superior to two other combined systems is asinine, and proudly and loudly claiming just that is beyond absurd.

I have owned a Wii, and Ps3, and played all the worthwhile exclusives, and I still say the 360 still has a better library than both.

I don't claim this as fact but I can definitely defend my opinion. Nothing is factual when comparing games, I could say banjo kazooie is a better game than bubsy 3D and it still wouldn't be factual. :P ...Don't play bubsy 3D.

The 360 is pretty much the ps2 of the 7th generation, then on top of that it was the multiplat box which you can't say for the Ps2. I know i'm going off the topic of games here, but add in the controller, full installs for games, music in the background, etc. etc - I love everything about the 360, except for the hardware issues, heh.

Which is definitely a legitimate reason for someone hating the thing, though the only problem left is the disc drive these days.

Majorly disagree, but at least I can respect your opinion, because you're basing it on personal experience.

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@Salt_The_Fries: You're the one who's "ignorant" if you're strictly going by review scores vs experience. Again, your claim is 100% horse shit because you're flat out ignoring the entire Wii and PS3 combined libraries that you have zero personal knowledge of.

I never claimed the 360 had no great titles, like ever. I know some of its games are fantastic, because, you know, I played them. But to even remotely suggest the 360 library alone is superior to two other combined systems is asinine, and proudly and loudly claiming just that is beyond absurd.

Why is your "you're" YOURER than mine?

Because mine is based on experience. You just had one console and base your findings on bullshit.

I have no idea why some posters think it's perfectly acceptable to comment on games and systems they've never owned or played. Who in their right minds would do that?

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 delta3074
@tormentos said:

Is not even close to be the same,not to mention shooting while hanging,the multi level design in Uncharted is superior and has more gameplay elements than Gears does.

No only lemmings will claim that last time i check Uncharted 2 was higher rated than any gears game.

Please don't talk about hypocrites dude.

What the **** that link you posted doesn't prove me wrong idiot,did the xbox one sold 1.2 million units in january,february or March..? No so the sales declined from holidays.? Yes they did unless you can prove MS sold 1.2 million units in any of those months.

Sales been higher than previous year say shit since my argument is not about sales of January vs January,is January vs December which show how totally it slowed down,the xbox one outsold the PS4 in December and in January it was outsold by the PS4 again,so yeah the xbox sales are down.

Since you took your inner lemming for a stroll,you do know that in January 2015 the xbox one sold 153k right.? You know how much the xbox 360 sold that month back in 2007 the same time frame.? 294k basically double the xbox one sales,yet the 360 was $399 and 299 core with no games,unlike the xbox one 349 with 2 free games including a hot new game.

Did you know that the xbox one in February 2015 at $349 with 2 free games,barely outsold the $500 xbox one without games on February 2014.?

258k $500 no free games February 2014.

276k $349 2 free games February 2015..

So where is the 80% MS talk about because from 258k to 276k there isn't a 80% increase...lol

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/feburary-npd-prediction-thread-ps4-wins-31131920/

February 2014 NPD..lol

That was poor damage control to try to stop people from buying more and more PS4 and stop the notion that the PS4 is killing it,look at amazon the PS4 doesn't drop from the top 20,the xbox one just yesterday started to show below the top 40,at times it wasn't even on the top 60...lol

Now is on spot 28 not even on the top 20,the PS4 spot 11..lol

'January vs December which show how totally it slowed down'

it didn't though, thats the point, the xbone sold BETTER in February this year than it did over christmas

Actually read the article dude, i know you didn't because your reply was too quick

'Microsoft is boasting that Xbox One had a record February in the United States. The 84-percent increase can be attributed to a number of factors,'

Record sales in February? does that sound like it slowed down to you?

Not that it matters, you will just blubber and play the 'MS lies' card like you always do when people put solid evidence in front of you.

Loving the Inner lemming bullshit as well, YAWN, change the record due it's getting tiresome, Personally attacking people and throwing your toys out the Pram when someone dares to question your obvious BS.

We know SONY has lied a couple of times (rootkits,DRE, etc) are we to distrust everything they say as well? of course not, i don't so stop being a hypocrite and having double standards and Apply the same logic to both companies.

MS has lied in the Past=MS are liars

SONY has lied in the Past=SONY are liars

You can't have it both ways dude.

and i don't care what you say, Gears shooting has better POV, Hit detection and more accurate hit boxs than uncharted and believe you me, i Could tell after playing both games for Ten minutes, there nothing worse than Aiming for the head perfectly yet not getting a registered hit, it's sloppy.

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#110 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

@jamejame:

Sony always push japanease game on the USA market ... and I think this helped them in the long run as Xbox360 had nothing on that genre. 360 was a 3rd party thing and focused on FPS a little too much.

This gen, nothing is Worth it right now and I doubt it will be in the future either.

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#111 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

@bobrossperm:

funny to me PSOne was Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Tekken and Soul Edge ( all of them before they become multiplat games )

PS2 got God Of War, again Final Fantasy, Ico, Shadow Of The Colossus and Rock Band

PS3 got God Of War, Uncharted, The Last Of Us and many jrpg

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 jcrame10

@delta3074: oh yeah I forgot about dreamcast.

I still don't think many would agree that the games you mentioned are in the same calibre as smash bros, halo, gears, god of war, Zelda etc but okay

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 jcrame10

@Coco_pierrot: yeah add those to the ps1 era list. Such a great area. Abundant of games of different variety. We need that again.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 tormentos

@delta3074 said:

it didn't though, thats the point, the xbone sold BETTER in February this year than it did over christmas

Actually read the article dude, i know you didn't because your reply was too quick

'Microsoft is boasting that Xbox One had a record February in the United States. The 84-percent increase can be attributed to a number of factors,'

I will not even make fun of this because it is clear you are confuse that is all,that comment you quoted is Record sales for February in other words the xbox one sold 256k In February 2014,and on 2015 it sold 276k so clearly they set a XBO record for that month year over year because it sold more,and the 80% is compare vs January sales which were 153k.

Clearly you are confuse you can corroborate that by searching.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 delta3074

@tormentos said:

@delta3074 said:

I will not even make fun of this because it is clear you are confuse that is all,that comment you quoted is Record sales for February in other words the xbox one sold 256k In February 2014,and on 2015 it sold 276k so clearly they set a XBO record for that month year over year because it sold more,and the 80% is compare vs January sales which were 153k.

Clearly you are confuse you can corroborate that by searching.

Errr, no it's you who is confused dude because the Article says 'Month over month', not 'year over year'

Xbox One Hardware Sales See 84 Percent Increase Month Over Month in February 2015

Please explain How 256k to 276 k is an increase of 84%, it isn't so obviously they are not talking February 2014 vs February 2015 are they? do the maths numbnuts, 276k up from 256k doesn't equate 84% so they can't be talking about what you claim they are, an 84% increase over Feb 2014 would put the numbers closer to the 500k mark you buffoon.

It seems you don't even understand what Month over month actually means

used to compare financialresults, sales, etc. for one month with those in previous months

Previous months, not previous Years mate.

You also have a funny idea about what 84% means , pretty obvious to anyone it's almost double yet you insist on claiming they are talking about a measly 20k+ increase,lol

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 delta3074

@jcrame10 said:

@delta3074: oh yeah I forgot about dreamcast.

I still don't think many would agree that the games you mentioned are in the same calibre as smash bros, halo, gears, god of war, Zelda etc but okay

I do, because i know many people on here that would find a lot of those games noteworthy, especially Conker, many people have been asking for a sequel or remake to that game for years, Also kingdom under fire, i can pretty much guarantee people on here would be pleased to see another kingdom under fire game.

Besides , you where talking about games that YOU found noteworthy, i Reply with Games i find Noteworthy so you moved the goal posts and threw everyone else into the mix, i thought this was my opinion vs your opinion?

A lot of the games you posted for the Playstation quite a few people would not consider noteworthy, we could be here all day, thats the problem with trying to scientifically quantify people opinions, it's never accurate and it's pointless debating because in Opinion vs Opinion debates nobody wins because an opinion by it's very Nature can never be Wrong

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@slim70 said:

@bobrossperm said:
@slim70 said:

The 360 had far more games overall than the PS3 because of a full year head start and it's huge library of third party exclusives anybody with half a fucking brain cell knows that. PS has a few more first party excusive IP's than Xbox but they're old and have become repetitive over the years. Sony has become complacent with their lead and struggle financially they won't be on top for much longer.

Actually the list of PS3 and 360 only games isn't that different in size. 360 does indeed have more, but the majority of them are low rated XBLA games. Though games none the less. 360 has like 240 exclusives where as PS3 has 215. On the upper half of the quality ladder, the PS3 has more higher rated exclusives. That's impressive for a badly designed programming maze like the PS3 with the least market share that gen.

Oh please show me proof that the majority of those were XBLA games. lol The majority of those games were big budget third party games that never made it over to the PS3. There was a major debate thread on the subject that was done here a couple years back and the 360 came out on top in both number of exclusives and quality. smh.

Don't be angry bro. The monsters feed off that shit.

I'd like to look at this thread you're talking about. Or better yet, list a few of these exclusives that totally shit on PS3's offerings.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 BobRossPerm
@delta3074 said:

@bobrossperm said:
@delta3074 said:

Uncharted isn't a Cover shooter, niether is TLOU and gears has better Shhoting mechanics than both

Uncharted and TLOU are not cover based shooters or TPS, they are action adventure games and its a well known and widely Acknowledged fact that Gears has better shooting mechanics and better cover mechanics than both.

In uncharted 3 the Over the shoulder shooting Angle was completely Wrong and looked weird to be honest, Gears has the Perfect POV when aiming your weapon.

As far as TPS and cover shooters go there is only ONE game that is considered better than gears and that game is Vanquish.

Explain shooting mechanics and what you mean by 'better'. And please not some voodoo ''it just feels better'' garbage. Cover mechanics? Sure, the locking cover in Gears is done really well. But something like The Last Of Us probably has the best cover system over all since it's dynamic and works on the fly. Tomb Raider also does this but it's not at your disposal like in TLOU. It's more activated when action arises.

Narrowed down to the ''TPS game'' which TLOU and Uncharted (2) certainly are, they are probably the most varied and best 'games' in the genre all things considered.

@delta3074 said:

ONE decent Exclusive game justifies a 400 quid consoles existence?

Are you fucking mad.

Nobody drops 400 quid on a console just for one Game, unless of course they are completely dense.

No sunshine, in my opinion neither has justified there existence and as it is just an opinion of mine you have no leg to stand on.

PS4 doesn't only have one game though. Infamous Second Son, Guilty Gear, DriveClub, LBP3, Resogun, Helldivers, Axiom Verge.

firstly, you sir are a hypocrite

'But sure, if you count the massive array of 50-60 metacritic XBLA titles, i'm sure the Xbox wins out.'

you try to dismiss XBLA games on the 360 then list Resogun, Helldivers and Axiom verge as reasons why the Ps4 isn't a waste of space, if Arcade games are good enough to Beef up the Ps4's library they are good enough to beef up the 360's library, Savvy?

And resogun isn't exclusive, it's on the PS VITA as well

'Explain shooting mechanics and what you mean by 'better'. And please not some voodoo ''it just feels better'' garbage.'

Gears has better POV, better hit detection and better hit boxs for starters, not opinion, FACT apart from that it's gibby so you really feel as if you are Taking your opponent apart as bits fly off all over the place, the weapons actually feel powerful and the Muzzle flash, Tracer effects are far better then they are on Uncharted.

' Cover mechanics?'

Two words dude 'wall' and 'bouncing'

Aside from that gears is more realistic, people in the real world just don't slide around and jump from cover to cover like sam fisher, Try doing that loaded down with any sort of combat gear and you will be knackered after 5 minutes, Beleive me, i know from personal experience, you would not believe how carrying an assault rifle alone makes that shit awkward

which cover system is better is probably a subjective one to be honest, i am somebody who preferred Killzone 2 BEFORE they patched it.

I list resogun, and I'd list Ori too. Notice games like Knack and The Order aren't worth a mention because they only tarnish the list. I won't list Basement Crawl for PS4 as it's a dog shit game. Keep it reasonably high quality, Savvy?

POV, I tend to agree. Gears has good view in combat. Hit boxes, yeah sure, and Uncharted has too many bullet sponge enemies.

But personally, after playing The Last Of Us, I found locking cover to be clunky in comparison. It's a shame Gears has defined itself by it and that people probably wouldn't take too kindly them changing it to a more dynamic cover system in the next title. But yeah, it's subjective.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

@bobrossperm said:
@slim70 said:

@bobrossperm said:
@slim70 said:

The 360 had far more games overall than the PS3 because of a full year head start and it's huge library of third party exclusives anybody with half a fucking brain cell knows that. PS has a few more first party excusive IP's than Xbox but they're old and have become repetitive over the years. Sony has become complacent with their lead and struggle financially they won't be on top for much longer.

Actually the list of PS3 and 360 only games isn't that different in size. 360 does indeed have more, but the majority of them are low rated XBLA games. Though games none the less. 360 has like 240 exclusives where as PS3 has 215. On the upper half of the quality ladder, the PS3 has more higher rated exclusives. That's impressive for a badly designed programming maze like the PS3 with the least market share that gen.

Oh please show me proof that the majority of those were XBLA games. lol The majority of those games were big budget third party games that never made it over to the PS3. There was a major debate thread on the subject that was done here a couple years back and the 360 came out on top in both number of exclusives and quality. smh.

I'd like to look at this thread you're talking about. Or better yet, list a few of these exclusives that totally shit on PS3's offerings.

With all the ignorance around here it will pop up eventually. Btw, you know that the PS2 had an 18 month head start on the Xbox and GameCube eh? Funny, nobody ever questions why it had more games it just seems that certain people pick and choose when to use common sense. The PS2 had massive third party support because of their early lead; MS noticed that and risked it all (RRoD) in order to get the same advantage on Sony with the Xbox 360 which they did. But no, it's just not possible that the Xbox 360 could have more games than the PS3 and if it did well then they must have been mostly shitty XBLA games right? smh.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 tormentos

@delta3074 said:

Errr, no it's you who is confused dude because the Article says 'Month over month', not 'year over year'

Xbox One Hardware Sales See 84 Percent Increase Month Over Month in February 2015

Please explain How 256k to 276 k is an increase of 84%, it isn't so obviously they are not talking February 2014 vs February 2015 are they? do the maths numbnuts, 276k up from 256k doesn't equate 84% so they can't be talking about what you claim they are, an 84% increase over Feb 2014 would put the numbers closer to the 500k mark you buffoon.

It seems you don't even understand what Month over month actually means

used to compare financialresults, sales, etc. for one month with those in previous months

Previous months, not previous Years mate.

You also have a funny idea about what 84% means , pretty obvious to anyone it's almost double yet you insist on claiming they are talking about a measly 20k+ increase,lol

OK own your self then...

The 84% is sales from January 2015 to February 2015.

The xbox one sold 153k in January and 276k in February as you can see 276k is not double of 153K it is like 84% more or less.

MONTH OVER MONTH that is vs January and is very clear.

The whole record sales is for the xbox one in 1 month,is not the first time MS does that they have claim record sales for the xbox one several times,in fact some times are only for the xbox one,because data of the 360 show it outsold the xbox one in that month in other instances.

So the whole record crap is February 2014 vs February 2015 and the whole 84% is January vs February of this year.

How can the xbox one sold in record numbers when the PS4 won February lemming.?

The XBO sold 276k in February by NPD numbers,on December they sold like 1.2 million so yeah you are wrong and you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1009513

You have been officially owned do the math from 150K and add 84% and see what you get,remember this numbers are not exactly on, they are estimates since NPD doesn't cover all stores but MS sales do,so MS will report higher sales than NPD does.

So 153k NPD January + 84% = 281k basically 5k more than the 276k from NPD so i am right you are not period.

Only you claim the xbox one sold more in February than December when the XBO even outsold the PS4..lol

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#121 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@slim70 said:

Taken from N4G from a site called fool.com! smh. Piss off troll! Lmao!

Never heard of The Motley Fool? Son, do your homework.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 BobRossPerm
@slim70 said:

@bobrossperm said:
@slim70 said:

@bobrossperm said:
@slim70 said:

With all the ignorance around here it will pop up eventually. Btw, you know that the PS2 had an 18 month head start on the Xbox and GameCube eh? Funny, nobody ever questions why it had more games it just seems that certain people pick and choose when to use common sense. The PS2 had massive third party support because of their early lead; MS noticed that and risked it all (RRoD) in order to get the same advantage on Sony with the Xbox 360 which they did. But no it's just not possible that the Xbox 360 had more games and if it did then it must have been mostly shitty XBLA games right? smh.

Sure, but the PS2 had a stupidly higher amount of exclusives. And most of those happened after the other two consoles launched. In fact 2000 was a pretty dry year for the PS2.

I know you aren't going to take this well because 'ecksbawks is teh best bawks', but my point is that there are no world beaters on Xbox consoles other than Halo, Forza and Gears. They get the very odd prestegious exclusive other than those such as Ninja Gaiden on the OG Xbox. Then they get that random colorful game IE Viva Pinata. Shooters are the only thing that sells on MS consoles. Everything else gets a random installment once a gen because MS doesn't support things that don't make them money in the long term.

On PlayStation 3, LittleBigPlanet sold 5 million. But they also keep pumping out Ratchet and Clank games although they aren't exactly world beaters in sales. MS is shit scared of trying anything thats not a gritty shooter and anything that is colorful is a one off or a Kinect family game that happens to sell slightly more than if they made another Banjo Kazooie.

Do Sony make shooters? Of course. Naughty Dog games are shooters no matter how adventurous they get. Killzone and Resistence are shooters, mediocre ones at that. But Rare seem to exist in Microsoft studios soully to bring some nostalgia back to gamers every once in a while. Phil keeps hyping Rare by saying ''they are making a 'Rare' game, like it should be'' or whatever. He's referring to Nintendo's Rareware that no longer exist. So he's full of shit. The problem with Microsoft Studios is that almost every franchise they currently have is being developed by imposters. Halo/343i, Gears/Black Tusk, Banjo Kazooie/Rare (not to be confused with Rareware). Sure Turn 10 are the shit. Best studio MS has because Forza is the buisness. But the problem is MS don't get enough real exclusive content in general, or at least content worth a damn.

MS need to sort something out and I'm glad Xbox One is looking hefty this holiday. I don't hate Xbox, my only issues are what I just mentioned.

But your point about exclusives on 360? Agreed. If the number on the top of the list says more games, it says more games. Quality be damned.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#124  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

To me they need to make new Ips to define the Xbox one. Halo has run its course due to the fps market being oversaturated, fable is done, gears without epic is done, and they have no clue how to manage RARE. Right now, my xbox one would just be a third party game console, but I get them on my ps4, so all I have are exclusives and ms doesn't have many as of late.

All I got is Ryse, MMC, DR 3 and Sunset.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By jcrame10

@delta3074: all the playstation games I mentioned are very popular. What ones aren't? Most people that have ps have probably played them or at least heard of them.

Conker hasn't even had a game in like 10 years. Even still, he doesn't compare to the fanbase of crash or spyro. I really hope the project spark thing turns out good and he can be rebooted tho

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#126 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I love the fortune 500 ceo's here talking about how MS does nothing for the industry. Just having them in it keeps Sony grounded. We all saw how arrogant they got with the PS3 and needed to come back to earth a bit. Also the online competition made PS+ and therefore MS had to make GWG. Only Cows, of all the fanboy factions, live in this type of reality where a competitor is bad for the industry. Never in human history has competition done any industry bad.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

I love the fortune 500 ceo's here talking about how MS does nothing for the industry. Just having them in it keeps Sony grounded. We all saw how arrogant they got with the PS3 and needed to come back to earth a bit. Also the online competition made PS+ and therefore MS had to make GWG. Only Cows, of all the fanboy factions, live in this type of reality where a competitor is bad for the industry. Never in human history has competition done any industry bad.

Consoles existed before MS entered the business.....could exist without MS.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By slim70

@LJS9502_basic said:

@cainetao11 said:

As it did before Sony entered the business.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 LJS9502_basic

@slim70 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@cainetao11 said:

No shit Captain Obvious.....

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

It exists to make money.

And I'm not sure if it's making a strong case about that.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By slim70

@LJS9502_basic said:

@slim70 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@cainetao11 said:

Move along troll.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 LJS9502_basic

@slim70 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@slim70 said:

Move along troll.

Crying to mommy are you ?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 LJS9502_basic

@slim70: Here's a tissue. Now unknot those panties....

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 LJS9502_basic

@bobodeclown said:

@mr_huggles_dog:

It's making money. The hardware profit margins may be small, but the streaming and digital margins are huge. If you buy an XB1, buy a gold sub, and use it as most people do, then MS is making $$.

MS would prefer a larger install base nonetheless.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@bobodeclown said:

@LJS9502_basic:

As does every other business. When have you ever heard of a business say "Ya know what.... I think we should get smaller, and make less money."

State the obvious much?

Actually some businesses can't cope with demand that exceeds their ability to supply. FYI.;}

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

@bobrossperm said:

Xbox can be summerized by Halo. It's an IP more iconic than Sony ever managed to muster up. The closest they got to it was Crash Bandicoot. That thing was a household name for a long time. And you could say Gran Turismo but the thing is, it's a car game and not so much an IP other than the name of the game.

To sum it up, Sony have never relied on a mascot to be huge yet they are by far the most successful home console manufacturer of all time. That is because instead of leaning on two or three core franchises since it's inception, they gave people new experiences every gen. 5 years from now who knows what new big franchise Sony has on their console. Something to replace Uncharted?

Like TLoU Re-mastered, God of War Re-mastered, Uncharted Re-mastered, Killzone again, Uncharted again, Infamous again, Little Big Planet again, Dark Souls again (different name this time but much the same game). Sony are milking all their old franchises again and again with the PS4. What have they pushed out that's new? The Order, what a pile of steaming shite that turned out to be.

They have some good indies but if you want the best indie games you need to be on PC (that goes for just about all gaming)

You notice what's different here? Those are, at the very least, SONY's franchises. Sony actually does have brand and franchise identity. Microsoft doesn't.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 cainetao11

@LJS9502_basic said:

@cainetao11 said:

Where did I say otherwise? Same goes for Sony and Nintendo. But regardless of preference I don't root for any company to leave the industry as some here do.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 cainetao11

@bobodeclown said:

@LJS9502_basic:

As does every other business. When have you ever heard of a business say "Ya know what.... I think we should get smaller, and make less money."

State the obvious much?

LOL and he called someone Captain Obvious above.

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 PraetorianMan

@kingsfan_0333 said:

"People keep wondering why the enthusiastic gaming masses seemingly had no issues detaching themselves from the 360 grip when choosing PS4 over XBONE, after a decade of "green loyalty"."

...so by the same logic, why did so many ps2 users have no issues detaching themselves from Sony and picking up an xbox360 in the following gen?

Because Sony shit the bed spectacularly hard with the PS3 reveal.

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 PraetorianMan

@delta3074 said:

@jcrame10 said:

@Salt_The_Fries: Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One: Halo, Gears of War, Fable, Forza

Playstation: Crash Bandicoot, Spyro The Dragon, Parappa The Rapper, Gran Turismo, Need For Speed, Tomb Raider

Playstation2: Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, God Of War, Devil May Cry, Shadow of the Colossus, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy

Playstation3: Littlebigplanet, Uncharted, Infamous, God of War, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, Motorstorm, Resistance, Ratchet & Clank Future, Killzone, Last of Us

When I think of noteworthy console exclusives (at least, for that given time period) this is how it breaks down to.

Am I wrong?

'When I think'

theres your problem, you are not being Objective about it, it's your subjective opinion which isn't winning any arguments

You want to be objective you list Crackdown, PGR, Brute force, perfect dark Zero, Conker,crimson skies, DOA3, Grabbed by the ghoulies,Jet set radio future, Blue dragon,Kingdom under fire,mech assault, Ninja gaiden and unreal championship.

and you can take Tomb raider OFF the Ps1 list, not exclusive, i had the PC version which released Exactly the same day as the Ps1 version and the Sega saturn version.

When it comes to Variety in Exclusives i give the nod to Playstation but only just, it has been proven here time and time again by Stevo that the 360 had just as much Variety in Exclusives as the Ps3 but the Original Xbox did not have the same kind of variety as the Ps2, that really was the 'Shooterbox'

Your list includes a lot of properties that were not particularly good, successful, memorable, or MS has been almost entirely inactive with for years.

It kinda pulls the rug out from under your own argument.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 LJS9502_basic

@cainetao11 said:

@bobodeclown said:

@LJS9502_basic:

State the obvious much?

Guess you didn't read my follow up. He's not quite correct.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 cainetao11

@LJS9502_basic said:

@cainetao11 said:

@bobodeclown said:

@LJS9502_basic:

State the obvious much?

So you feel Microsoft is one of those business'? In the odd situation you are correct, but give me a break. The majority is obviously looking to grow business and profits.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 jcrame10

@PraetorianMan:

@PraetorianMan said:

Your list includes a lot of properties that were not particularly good, successful, memorable, or MS has been almost entirely inactive with for years.

It kinda pulls the rug out from under your own argument.

exactly! thats my point. i highly doubt the majority of the xbox games he mentioned even hit the million mark. Most of them are not memorable either, I havent heard of any except Crackdown. Surely there would be a thread or article about them somewhere in the past decade?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#147 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@PraetorianMan said:

@GarGx1 said:

@bobrossperm said:

Xbox can be summerized by Halo. It's an IP more iconic than Sony ever managed to muster up. The closest they got to it was Crash Bandicoot. That thing was a household name for a long time. And you could say Gran Turismo but the thing is, it's a car game and not so much an IP other than the name of the game.

To sum it up, Sony have never relied on a mascot to be huge yet they are by far the most successful home console manufacturer of all time. That is because instead of leaning on two or three core franchises since it's inception, they gave people new experiences every gen. 5 years from now who knows what new big franchise Sony has on their console. Something to replace Uncharted?

Like TLoU Re-mastered, God of War Re-mastered, Uncharted Re-mastered, Killzone again, Uncharted again, Infamous again, Little Big Planet again, Dark Souls again (different name this time but much the same game). Sony are milking all their old franchises again and again with the PS4. What have they pushed out that's new? The Order, what a pile of steaming shite that turned out to be.

They have some good indies but if you want the best indie games you need to be on PC (that goes for just about all gaming)

You notice what's different here? Those are, at the very least, SONY's franchises. Sony actually does have brand and franchise identity. Microsoft doesn't.

Which is a completely opposite statement from the post I replied to?

Bob's post stated that Sony don't rely on a few franchises and that MS do, i.e. Halo. I said that they do, I guess you agree with me then?

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 BobRossPerm
@cainetao11 said:

Microsoft have had great impact on the industry. I like Xbox consoles, I just want to see more exclusive content come to their consoles. They need to build up a solid first party bank and make new and good shit instead of asking Epic or Bioware to do it for them then eventually buying the IP for their second had developers to handle the franachise. They managed Turn 10 well and look at them. They are the racing kings right now. Bungie were great under them but they let them go -_-

They need to keep shit exclusive to their platform and keep the talent there. I do think Halo 5 will deliver because MS know how much Halo means to Xbox. But it was a bit of a bumpy transition to a new developer for the Halo franchise with Halo 4. Maybe this time they find their feet.

My one issue with Xbox is they **** about with exclusive content too much. Their online and OS are great. They make solid platforms. They just need massive reasons for me to buy iy other than yet another fucken Halo Gears Forza.

And frankly, Sony wouldn't have made a lot of the moves MS made in the beginning last gen if Xbox died with the first one. Sony should be thankful MS did what they did with the 360.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@cainetao11 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@cainetao11 said:

@bobodeclown said:

@LJS9502_basic:

State the obvious much?

So you feel Microsoft is one of those business'? In the odd situation you are correct, but give me a break. The majority is obviously looking to grow business and profits.

You don't read very well do you?

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@bobodeclown said:

@mr_huggles_dog:

It's making money. The hardware profit margins may be small, but the streaming and digital margins are huge. If you buy an XB1, buy a gold sub, and use it as most people do, then MS is making $$.

MS would prefer a larger install base nonetheless.

Thats what I was getting at.

Just saying compared to the 360....I'm sure they had a brighter future in mind than what the case is right now.