Is the XBOX brand making a strong case about WHY it exists?

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@bobrossperm said:

Sony consoles always had more exclusive content than MS consoles. Even the PS3 had more exclusives than 360 and that was a bitch to program for.

That is a huge and common misconception and like so many other people you're just continuing the spread of misinformation.

PlayStation 3

Exclusive: 150

Console exclusive: 11

Xbox 360

Exclusive: 186

Console exclusive: 74

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#52 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I hope user edited Wikipedia links are incoming to this thread. I am looking forward to editing.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

XBox brand was built on halo and crappy wrpg ports and western games

halo / fable were the only good games

PS4 plays wrpg in higher resolution and got more content in destiny the new halo of this gen

so microsoft any plans to fix ur brand u were built on bungie halo games and wrpgs now ur playing shit worse and like u let bungie slip away

they literally lost there touch and aren't even trying like they thought they could scoot by this gen and just get rekt by ps4

a free fable legends shared with every single pc user on the planet doesn't excite me like the first fable did at 60 dollars

sharing games like titanfall with pc an pc getting everything doesn't remind me of last gen at all when mass effect was exclusive for years b4 pc got it

stop sharing ur games last gen u shared nothing everything had huge ass timers or never went to pc ive never seen pc get so many damn games like never before everything droppin on pc either right at launch or quickly

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@Bigboi500: Actually you're only baffled because of your sheer ignorance, and going by meta game there are dozens of A or AA rated games shared with PC but not any other console. Games of tremendous variety - from space combat / strategy Star Trek Legacy through RTSes like Battle for Middle Earth to action / light strategy hybrids like Battlestations Midway or Pacific. Let's not even start with space sims like Darkstar One. Of course there were lots of others rated AA or close to it.

Let's not also forget that last gen spanned from 2005 to 2013, not from 2010 onwards, so 360 initially had lots of exclusives that now tend to be overlooked, and also of huge variety - from mech simulator Chromechounds to vehicular combat game Full Auto and much much more.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts
@jg4xchamp said:
beyond that Microsoft validates their brand product perfectly fine by the most important measure: they actually have mind share, they sell, and more video game developers give a shit about their platform than say I don't know a Nintendo console.

So their legacy, brand identity and power comes mostly from selling a lot? Right. Thats what I said, but good on you for spinning it as a rebuttal lol

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Salt_The_Fries

@Bigboi500: So you have to look past hugely advertised titles to see that actually categorizing 360 as solely Forza Halo Gears machine is farthest from the truth.

Lots of its console exclusive titles - and I mentioned only some - were rated AA.

BTW it's a disgraceful assumption I hadn't played anything else last gen - up till 2008 I was a happy PC gamer, then I switched to 360 then I also owned a PS3 on which I played infamous, uncharted and killzone 2. I also owned a DS for several years. Last gen I also retroactively bought Dreamcast and GameCube.

@SolidTy and PS4 is a far cry from PS3 so far, too. What's your point?

Nice try

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#57 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@Thunderdrone said:
@jg4xchamp said:
beyond that Microsoft validates their brand product perfectly fine by the most important measure: they actually have mind share, they sell, and more video game developers give a shit about their platform than say I don't know a Nintendo console.

So their legacy, brand identity and power comes mostly from selling a lot? Right. Thats what I said, but good on you for spinning it as a rebuttal lol

Indeed. Indeed.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#58 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

@Thunderdrone said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Just because you glossed it over, doesn't mean I'm going to dismiss the most obvious answer to your shitty topic about "dur what's the identity"

"is the xbox brand making a strong case about why it exists".

Yeah the case is pretty freakin obvious: Gamers buy it.

If it's a matter of franchises that get paraded around or praised: Halo got that. Forza got that. Gears of War got that. Both commercially and critically.

In between they still funded a Sunset Overdrive, a Toy Soldiers, an Ori, an Alan Wake, a Mark of the Ninja, Viva Pinata, and have had a ton of success with Xbox Live. Which yes deserves its knocks for the lousy shit that came with it (pay for online), but also deserves the praise for the shit it got right.

Their "legacy" is bringing in a more third party friendly console than anyone else on the market, which even to this day is a widely argued reality. Microsoft has always had better dev tools.
Their "legacy" involves bringing in a lot of PC developers over to console gaming with the Xbox and the type of games it got along side the PC because of the ease of development. Given how much those same developers absolutely kicked ass last gen financially, to the point where Japan no longer could compete on their level, yeah pretty significant mark on the industry.

Their "legacy" is Xbox Live and XBLA, before Sony one upped them on the indie front, it was XBLA that was leading the charge on consoles for indie development. It was 2008's Braid and summer of arcade that brought a lot of credibility to those type of games.

Their "legacy" is that in between their bullshit Halo went on to become a major franchise. Forza went on to be a genre defining franchise. Gears of War was one of the more influential franchises of the last generation. Franchises that they secured, they funded, and are in their wheel house. Their brand identity is exactly those games and that type of market.

"but that brand identity hurts their cause". Yeah just like being a "kiddy" console or "old 20 year old franchises" tends to have its negative impact on Nintendo's brand, so I'm not seeing what's hard to explain here.

Otherwise Microsoft has a shitty first party or a barely existing one. More at 11.

You asked a question that had very obvious answers, and then when you don't get one that panders to your bullshit, you want to gloss it over with what? barely a rebuttal and some limp dick attempt at a rejoinder? Please try me when you have an argument with a leg to stand on.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

there is a brightside to the xbox brand

Windows 10 XB1 interface is gonna make PS4 look like ancient relic

right now the xb1 already feels like its being upgraded every week now imagine once windows 10 comes out an they make it more like PC and more like windows 7 sony

xb1 gonna be more an more like pc as time goes on while sony is gonna be less and less like new pc's and depending on windows 10 market share could hurt sony on where the games are being developed for first if windows 10 gamers out number ps4 consoles the dev would start on windows 10 an port over to ps4

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

@ProtossX said:

there is a brightside to the xbox brand

Windows 10 XB1 interface is gonna make PS4 look like ancient relic

right now the xb1 already feels like its being upgraded every week now imagine once windows 10 comes out an they make it more like PC and more like windows 7 sony

xb1 gonna be more an more like pc as time goes on while sony is gonna be less and less like new pc's and depending on windows 10 market share could hurt sony on where the games are being developed for first if windows 10 gamers out number ps4 consoles the dev would start on windows 10 an port over to ps4

No amount of updates is gonna fix the weak hardware. Seriously, it ain't hard to figure out why PS4 is outselling X1. The software catalogs are nearly identical, a wash. But one is more powerful than the other. PS4 ain't no powerhouse either but it's better than X1 in that area and everyone knows it.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Take its identity on a year to year basis. Last year there was TitanFall (yes on PC and 360 but far more sold on The ONE), Sunset Overdrive, The MCC and Forza Horizon 2 (vastly different version from its 360 brother).

This year will be defined from E3 on. We already got some great games in Ori and other indies but I know this year will drain my bank account, later on.

All in all it is good to game on The ONE.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Thunderdrone

@jg4xchamp said:

Just because you glossed it over, doesn't mean I'm going to dismiss the most obvious answer to your shitty topic about "dur what's the identity"

"is the xbox brand making a strong case about why it exists".

Yeah the case is pretty freakin obvious: Gamers buy it.

Glossed it over? I fucking opened the thread and punctuated the OP with the fact it sells. Xbox consoles selling means jack shit when one looks at how their brand is managed and how solid their long-term plans for it is.

@jg4xchamp said:

If it's a matter of franchises that get paraded around or praised: Halo got that. Forza got that. Gears of War got that. Both commercially and critically.

In between they still funded a Sunset Overdrive, a Toy Soldiers, an Ori, an Alan Wake, a Mark of the Ninja, Viva Pinata, and have had a ton of success with Xbox Live. Which yes deserves its knocks for the lousy shit that came with it (pay for online), but also deserves the praise for the shit it got right.

So not much at all to show off in terms of household names one associates with the brand.

@jg4xchamp said:

Their "legacy" is bringing in a more third party friendly console than anyone else on the market, which even to this day is a widely argued reality. Microsoft has always had better dev tools.

So their legacy is to make it easier for others to push their shit through their branded box? I agree. And its a shit legacy because there is very little internal effort in differentiating this box DESPITE it being good at running games other people make. Someone said earlier that the XBOX division managment has swiched hands numerous times, and it shows.

Its a muddled vision of couch gaming, being pushed by people that hope to attract content instead of also reinforcing the brand and also creating a long term legacy people can grow "attached" to after each generation.

@jg4xchamp said:

"but that brand identity hurts their cause". Yeah just like being a "kiddy" console or "old 20 year old franchises" tends to have its negative impact on Nintendo's brand, so I'm not seeing what's hard to explain here.

lool get the **** outta here with this shit. How would 20 year old IPs and family friendly games hurt the Xbox brand should they be lucky enough to have them? Nintendo failling to attract third parties is because of their most valued and well maintained assets? lol I thought its because the management seems to keep doing a shit job in reeling in third parties with wierd business decisions. But nope, its the multi-million dollar, decade long brands that hurt them.... right.

You speak as if both of these things are mutually exclusive, just to throw in some retarded, easy to digest bullshit comparison.

@jg4xchamp said:

Otherwise Microsoft has a shitty first party or a barely existing one. More at 11.

Now look who's glossing shit over. This terribly managed, short lived bursts of first party efforts are EXACTLY the type of shit that prevents their brand from having a strong, lasting legacy. You dont just throw that shit out there with a "dur hur more at 11" dumb remark".

Either you agree with that, or dont and explain why. The extraneous shit you grabbed from the bad is mostly irrelevant in the context of which the question was asked.

You asked a question that had very obvious answers, and then when you don't get one that panders to your bullshit, you want to gloss it over with what? barely a rebuttal and some limp dick attempt at a rejoinder? Please try me when you have an argument with a leg to stand on.

No. I asked a question based on a personal notion that in the end, is partially open for debate. I strongly feel one way and am interested in seeing solid arguments against the perspective I have on how strong, lasting and unique their brand is next to others in the market.

You come saying "obvious is obvious, news at 11, dur hur but wait...sales...mindeshare...kiddy nintendo...come back with a better argument" hoping to accomplish what exactly? You pointed out shit I already did and wrapped it around an aggressive reply in hopes of getting debate points. Congrats, now get your head out of your ass.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#63 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

@Thunderdrone said:

1)Glossed it over? I fucking opened the thread and punctuated the OP with the fact it sells. Xbox consoles selling means jack shit when one looks at how their brand is managed and how solid their long-term plans for it is.

2) So not much at all to show off in terms of household names one associates with the brand.

3) So their legacy is to make it easier for others to push their shit through their branded box? I agree. And its a shit legacy because there is very little internal effort in differentiating this box DESPITE it being good at running games other people make. Someone said earlier that the XBOX division managment has swiched hands numerous times, and it shows.

Its a muddled vision of couch gaming, being pushed by people that hope to attract content instead of also reinforcing the brand and also creating a long term legacy people can grow "attached" to after each generation.

4) lool get the **** outta here with this shit. How would 20 year old IPs and family friendly games hurt the Xbox brand should they be lucky enough to have them? Nintendo failling to attract third parties is because of their most valued and well maintained assets? lol I thought its because the management seems to keep doing a shit job in reeling in third parties with wierd business decisions. But nope, its the multi-million dollar, decade long brands that hurt them.... right.

You speak as if both of these things are mutually exclusive, just to throw in some retarded, easy to digest bullshit comparison.

Now look who's glossing shit over. This terribly managed, short lived bursts of first party efforts are EXACTLY the type of shit that prevents their brand from having a strong, lasting legacy. You dont just throw that shit out there with a "dur hur more at 11" dumb remark".

Either you agree with that, or dont and explain why. The extraneous shit you grabbed from the bad is mostly irrelevant in the context of which the question was asked.

No. I asked a question based on a personal notion that in the end, is partially open for debate. I strongly feel one way and am interested in seeing solid arguments against the perspective I have on how strong, lasting and unique their brand is next to others in the market.

You come saying "obvious is obvious, news at 11, dur hur but wait...sales...mindeshare...kiddy nintendo...come back with a better argument" hoping to accomplish what exactly? You pointed out shit I already did and wrapped it around an aggressive reply in hopes of getting debate points. Congrats, now get your head out of your ass.

I'm sorry are you fucking dense?

My point was that the same way you are going "oh right, Halo, Gears, Forza *yawn*" is kind of how the mentality that "nintendo is kiddy" and "nintendo rehashes 20 year old franchises" tends to hurt their cause in an arms race of making stronger hardware to compete with Microsoft or Sony. Nintendo's IPs are their brand, and yes that also makes them a shit ton of money. It also paints them a certain way now doesn't it? Unless you assume I made up that mentality, and it's entirely a figment of my imagination, then I don't see how you could pretend that isn't trie, the actually identity is there though. No where did I say Nintendo's image is the reason they don't get third party support, that's a nintendboy route. I know fairly well why they don't get support, for starters they chose to have weaker hardware than their competitors.

The other stuff is like what? Halo isn't a household name? A franchise that made as much money, and sells as much as it does? Because Halo is plenty associated with the Xbox brand, at the least the gaming audience associates Xbox with Halo, and on some level Gears of War/Forza. if it's a matter of quantity, eh sure, but that doesn't deprive it of a brand identity, if anything it just happens to be the negative associated with the brand. But I don't see how you undermining those franchises has any merit in a debate. Because commercially and critically they've held their own, anything else is either conjecture or a matter of taste.

One piece of the legacy, and a very good one, I'm failing to see how making a dev friendly device is a negative? Nor do I see how their impact on online gaming for consoles, Xbla, and the few franchises they did turn into blockbusters are non-existent.

I say obvious shit, because your strong opinion is based entirely on either glossing something over or acting like something doesn't exist, because it didn't fit your close minded criteria.

You didn't present a discussion, you presented jive, and when someone answered your question you went with some pretense like "no bro, you didn't get it". Not my fault you can't debate or bring an argument with a leg to stand.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

The xbox brand really doesn't need to justify its brand, its a product that a lot of people like otherwise it wouldn't exist. Is it really needed though? Not really which is where both nintendo and sony are at too. PC gaming really is the end all be all at this point... I bought both xbox one and ps4 and both are pretty much useless compared to my pc. I'm buying tons of games to the point where I don't even have time to play them, so even if something came out on the consoles that I wanted I probably wouldn't buy it now anyway. The fact that I can play my games on any piece of hardware I buy is another reason I can't see any reason to really invest in consoles... at all.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Thunderdrone

@jg4xchamp said:

I'm sorry are you fucking dense?

My point was that the same way you are going "oh right, Halo, Gears, Forza *yawn*"

Yeah I'm stopping right there. I never dismissed those IPs. I'm saying its not enough effort for a brand that has been introduced to the world in 2001. 14 years and they have 3 IPs to show for? Two of them that started in their previous console?

More than any other, its a brand that mostly relies on third parties coming around after every gen, without little in-house backup in case shit goes bad and they are left having to build it as a box worth owning for products people grew up and associate the brand with.

So go back and rethink your reply before making shit up.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha: Since when did sales matter?

If you want to include that then MCC and SSOD are flops (granted SSOD is total shit but eh)

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 FoxbatAlpha

@davem1992 said:

@FoxbatAlpha: Since when did sales matter?

If you want to include that then MCC and SSOD are flops (granted SSOD is total shit but eh)

My point was that TitanFalls home is on the one. It barely got touched on PC. It was just a quick point before people started arguing with me about it being "exclusive". We are talking about identity. These games are great in my opinion. You obviously have more of a Nintendo/JRPG taste that will not mix with these titles. That is your preference, which is fine.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 davem1992

@FoxbatAlpha: That's because PC has MUCH more to offer them than just Titanfall, I guarantee you that if TF had been released later in the year it would've died just as fast on Xbox One as it did on PC.

Also no one sees Xbox as "Titanfalls home" because if they did it would be exclusive SOLELY to the Xbox One and wouldn't have become multiplat to not only PC but to their main competitor as well.

I lie ANY game and any genre, I just don't appreciate mediocrity or broken messes.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@GarGx1 said:

@bobrossperm said:

Xbox can be summerized by Halo. It's an IP more iconic than Sony ever managed to muster up. The closest they got to it was Crash Bandicoot. That thing was a household name for a long time. And you could say Gran Turismo but the thing is, it's a car game and not so much an IP other than the name of the game.

To sum it up, Sony have never relied on a mascot to be huge yet they are by far the most successful home console manufacturer of all time. That is because instead of leaning on two or three core franchises since it's inception, they gave people new experiences every gen. 5 years from now who knows what new big franchise Sony has on their console. Something to replace Uncharted?

Like TLoU Re-mastered, God of War Re-mastered, Uncharted Re-mastered, Killzone again, Uncharted again, Infamous again, Little Big Planet again, Dark Souls again (different name this time but much the same game). Sony are milking all their old franchises again and again with the PS4. What have they pushed out that's new? The Order, what a pile of steaming shite that turned out to be.

They have some good indies but if you want the best indie games you need to be on PC (that goes for just about all gaming)

No. My point is that On OG Xbox, the main system seller was Halo. On 360, the main system seller was Halo (albeit Gears was up there too which is always a good thing. This gen, Halo 5 and Halo 6 will be Xbox One's main game once again.

On the other hand, PS1 was Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, PS2 was God Of War, PS3 was Uncharted and The Last Of Us. Sure, Uncharted 4 is coming, but it's the last game. I don't imagine Naughty Dog making a soap opera out of the franchise like MS will end up doing to Halo. They end because they want to do so. But hey, if Halo ends up being finite, I'll shut up.

Talking this gen specifically is pointless since it took the PS3 a good few years to start establishing good new IP's. Of course they have their long runners like God Of War and Gran Turismo, but they always introduce a new system seller gen after gen. Well, Naughty Dog do any way. This is the first time one of their franchises moved into another gen.

Any way, my main point is Sony consoles always get more exclusive content than MS every gen. That's a fact.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 FoxbatAlpha

@davem1992 said:

@FoxbatAlpha: That's because PC has MUCH more to offer them than just Titanfall, I guarantee you that if TF had been released later in the year it would've died just as fast on Xbox One as it did on PC.

Also no one sees Xbox as "Titanfalls home" because if they did it would be exclusive SOLELY to the Xbox One and wouldn't have become multiplat to not only PC but to their main competitor as well.

I lie ANY game and any genre, I just don't appreciate mediocrity or broken messes.

Go look at the sales numbers before you claim how it quickly "died". Mediocrity, your tastes, Titanfalls sales and 9/10 score are all different things.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 davem1992

@FoxbatAlpha: Once again sales doesn't mean its home is on Xbox One, if it was then TF2 would be Xbox One exclusive and MS would make sure to make it an exclusive IP for their console.

The game died on PC and 360 relatively quickly and hell, you can get the game for £10 and all the DLC for free for christs sake, the game is dead dude.

TF REEEEEEEALLY isn't bragworthy, hell I own it and got bored with it fast.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 BobRossPerm
@delta3074 said:

@bobrossperm said:
@Salt_The_Fries said:

@princeofshapeir said:

Its existence is validated solely by Halo and that's it.

If you don't care about Halo there's no reason to own an Xbucks.

Same could be made about Sony and Uncharted? Of course making such a claim would be AS IGNORANT.

Sony consoles always had more exclusive content than MS consoles. Even the PS3 had more exclusives than 360 and that was a bitch to program for. MS should have cleaned up with that year head start and the easy arcitecture in comparison to it's competition. Why didn't they get more exclusive content? Their PC support is a huge factor to though.

Also Uncharted is made by proven developers who can actually do other things and do them well. This is likely the final Uncharted game. Something we won't see from Halo until the day the Xbox brand dies. Sony make more IP's on average than both MS and Nintendo and they also secure more exclusives to boot.

Xbox's only argument is that it has better online, more apps, and Halo is better than any FPS Sony has ever done. Other than that, Xbox isn't exactly a world beater in comparison.

Gears is a better Cover shooter/TPS than any Exclusive cover shooter/TPS on Playstation, Forza is a better driving sim than any Exclusive Driving sim on playstation

Try to at least be objective and not subjective, the Playstation Doesn't even have an exclusive cover based shooter apart from the Order and Forza generally scores far better than Gran tourismo.

To say the Xbox only has HALO is extremely Naive and ignorant

'This is likely the final Uncharted game.'-Based on what exactly? do you work for naughty dog?

In answer to the TC, Neither the Xbone or the Ps4 have justified there existence this gen, the Xbone shares all it's exclusives with other Hardware and all we see on the Ps4 is Remasters or flops, i wouldn't drop the money they are asking on either of these consoles if my life depended on it.

Saying that, they are both Great Multiplat machines if you cannot afford a gaming rig.

Than again, the Xbox 360 and Ps3 are still a great multiplat machines if you can't afford a gaming rig.

And if you own a 360 , the icing on the cake, you Don't have to even buy a new console to play next gen Xbox titles like Forza Horizon 2 and titanfall.

Thats the Joke really, why the F*** would i go out and buy an Xbone when i can play most of it's so called Exclusives on my 360.

Why the F*** would i go out and buy a PS4 when i can play TLOU, Uncharted Trilogy remastered on a much cheaper Ps3.

This gen should be called the Generation of the Joker, you all spent all that money for virtually nothing, should have waited till they actually had the games to justify the Price, Would have cost you less then.

Nah, I strongly disagree. Uncharted and The Last Of Us are better. If you want to narrow the comparison down to ''cover based mechanics'' as a means to say Gears is better, then sure you have a winner. But unfortunately there's more to a TPS game than cover mechanics. Naughty Dog's best offerings last gen quite frankly clowned Gears as a TPS action adventure. Is that opinion? Yeah, but I could make a strong case as to why that is.

I never said Xbox only had Halo. I just said it could be defined by Halo to the vast majority. Halo was the reason OG Xbox wasn't the next Phillips CD-i. And it's a known fact that Xbox consoles have always been anemic in exclusive content compared to Sony and Nintendo. That's both first and third party.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 BobRossPerm
@nyadc said:

@bobrossperm said:

Sony consoles always had more exclusive content than MS consoles. Even the PS3 had more exclusives than 360 and that was a bitch to program for.

That is a huge and common misconception and like so many other people you're just continuing the spread of misinformation.

PlayStation 3

Xbox 360

I got different info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3-only_games

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Category:Xbox_360-only_games&pagefrom=Soltrio+Solitaire#mw-pages

But sure, if you count the massive array of 50-60 metacritic XBLA titles, i'm sure the Xbox wins out.

PS3 has more exclusives quality exclusives though.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

Uncharted isn't a Cover shooter, niether is TLOU and gears has better Shhoting mechanics than both

@bobrossperm said:
@delta3074 said:

@bobrossperm said:
@Salt_The_Fries said:

@princeofshapeir said:

Same could be made about Sony and Uncharted? Of course making such a claim would be AS IGNORANT.

Sony consoles always had more exclusive content than MS consoles. Even the PS3 had more exclusives than 360 and that was a bitch to program for. MS should have cleaned up with that year head start and the easy arcitecture in comparison to it's competition. Why didn't they get more exclusive content? Their PC support is a huge factor to though.

Also Uncharted is made by proven developers who can actually do other things and do them well. This is likely the final Uncharted game. Something we won't see from Halo until the day the Xbox brand dies. Sony make more IP's on average than both MS and Nintendo and they also secure more exclusives to boot.

Xbox's only argument is that it has better online, more apps, and Halo is better than any FPS Sony has ever done. Other than that, Xbox isn't exactly a world beater in comparison.

Gears is a better Cover shooter/TPS than any Exclusive cover shooter/TPS on Playstation, Forza is a better driving sim than any Exclusive Driving sim on playstation

Try to at least be objective and not subjective, the Playstation Doesn't even have an exclusive cover based shooter apart from the Order and Forza generally scores far better than Gran tourismo.

To say the Xbox only has HALO is extremely Naive and ignorant

'This is likely the final Uncharted game.'-Based on what exactly? do you work for naughty dog?

In answer to the TC, Neither the Xbone or the Ps4 have justified there existence this gen, the Xbone shares all it's exclusives with other Hardware and all we see on the Ps4 is Remasters or flops, i wouldn't drop the money they are asking on either of these consoles if my life depended on it.

Saying that, they are both Great Multiplat machines if you cannot afford a gaming rig.

Than again, the Xbox 360 and Ps3 are still a great multiplat machines if you can't afford a gaming rig.

And if you own a 360 , the icing on the cake, you Don't have to even buy a new console to play next gen Xbox titles like Forza Horizon 2 and titanfall.

Thats the Joke really, why the F*** would i go out and buy an Xbone when i can play most of it's so called Exclusives on my 360.

Why the F*** would i go out and buy a PS4 when i can play TLOU, Uncharted Trilogy remastered on a much cheaper Ps3.

This gen should be called the Generation of the Joker, you all spent all that money for virtually nothing, should have waited till they actually had the games to justify the Price, Would have cost you less then.

Nah, I strongly disagree. Uncharted and The Last Of Us are better. If you want to narrow the comparison down to ''cover based mechanics'' as a means to say Gears is better, then sure you have a winner. But unfortunately there's more to a TPS game than cover mechanics. Naughty Dog's best offerings last gen quite frankly clowned Gears as a TPS action adventure. Is that opinion? Yeah, but I could make a strong case as to why that is.

I never said Xbox only had Halo. I just said it could be defined by Halo to the vast majority. Halo was the reason OG Xbox wasn't the next Phillips CD-i. And it's a known fact that Xbox consoles have always been anemic in exclusive content compared to Sony and Nintendo. That's both first and third party.

Uncharted and TLOU are not cover based shooters or TPS, they are action adventure games and its a well known and widely Acknowledged fact that Gears has better shooting mechanics and better cover mechanics than both.

In uncharted 3 the Over the shoulder shooting Angle was completely Wrong and looked weird to be honest, Gears has the Perfect POV when aiming your weapon.

As far as TPS and cover shooters go there is only ONE game that is considered better than gears and that game is Vanquish.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 delta3074

@quakeknight1991 said:

@delta3074 said:

The Ps4 did justify its existence though, are you forgetting the PS4 just got an exclusive that has currently a 93 metacritic score?

ONE decent Exclusive game justifies a 400 quid consoles existence?

Are you fucking mad.

Nobody drops 400 quid on a console just for one Game, unless of course they are completely dense.

No sunshine, in my opinion neither has justified there existence and as it is just an opinion of mine you have no leg to stand on.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 BobRossPerm
@delta3074 said:

Uncharted isn't a Cover shooter, niether is TLOU and gears has better Shhoting mechanics than both

Uncharted and TLOU are not cover based shooters or TPS, they are action adventure games and its a well known and widely Acknowledged fact that Gears has better shooting mechanics and better cover mechanics than both.

In uncharted 3 the Over the shoulder shooting Angle was completely Wrong and looked weird to be honest, Gears has the Perfect POV when aiming your weapon.

As far as TPS and cover shooters go there is only ONE game that is considered better than gears and that game is Vanquish.

Explain shooting mechanics and what you mean by 'better'. And please not some voodoo ''it just feels better'' garbage. Cover mechanics? Sure, the locking cover in Gears is done really well. But something like The Last Of Us probably has the best cover system over all since it's dynamic and works on the fly. Tomb Raider also does this but it's not at your disposal like in TLOU. It's more activated when action arises.

Narrowed down to the ''TPS game'' which TLOU and Uncharted (2) certainly are, they are probably the most varied and best 'games' in the genre all things considered.

@delta3074 said:

Are you fucking mad.

Nobody drops 400 quid on a console just for one Game, unless of course they are completely dense.

No sunshine, in my opinion neither has justified there existence and as it is just an opinion of mine you have no leg to stand on.

PS4 doesn't only have one game though. Infamous Second Son, Guilty Gear, DriveClub, LBP3, Resogun, Helldivers, Axiom Verge.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

@bobrossperm said:
@Salt_The_Fries said:

@princeofshapeir said:

The 360 had far more games overall than the PS3 because of a full year head start and it's huge library of third party exclusives anybody with half a fucking brain cell knows that. PS has a few more first party excusive IP's than Xbox but they're old and have become repetitive over the years. Sony has become complacent with their lead and struggle financially they won't be on top for much longer.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@delta3074 said:

Not even close talk to me when you can swing from a wire while shooting on Gears like i can do on uncharted 3,the cover system in Uncharted is better to,so is the actual interaction while in close combat and unlike you i did play Gears and Uncharted to hell and beyond.

Uncharted is a 3rd person action adventure shooter but is 3rd person,Gears doesn't have perfect over the shoulder angles either,and is a very restrictive game when it comes to movements,gameplay mechanics in Uncharted surpass those in gears by miles.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@tormentos said:

@delta3074 said:

Not even close talk to me when you can swing from a wire while shooting on Gears like i can do on uncharted 3,the cover system in Uncharted is better to,so is the actual interaction while in close combat and unlike you i did play Gears and Uncharted to hell and beyond.

Uncharted is a 3rd person action adventure shooter but is 3rd person,Gears doesn't have perfect over the shoulder angles either,and is a very restrictive game when it comes to movements,gameplay mechanics in Uncharted surpass those in gears by miles.

LOL

bro I love Uncharted but Gears murders it when it comes to shooting mechanics. Please stop

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

@nyadc said:

@bobrossperm said:

PlayStation 3

Xbox 360

You know the definition of console exclusive? None. Because it doesn't exist. Now change your list and get back to us.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#81 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

identity? It's an inanimate object. Non sense like this is where I roll my eyes at how much people read into life.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By BobRossPerm
@slim70 said:

The 360 had far more games overall than the PS3 because of a full year head start and it's huge library of third party exclusives anybody with half a fucking brain cell knows that. PS has a few more first party excusive IP's than Xbox but they're old and have become repetitive over the years. Sony has become complacent with their lead and struggle financially they won't be on top for much longer.

Actually the list of PS3 and 360 only games isn't that different in size. 360 does indeed have more, but the majority of them are low rated XBLA games. Though games none the less. 360 has like 240 exclusives where as PS3 has 215. On the upper half of the quality ladder, the PS3 has more higher rated exclusives. That's impressive for a badly designed programming maze like the PS3 with the least market share that gen.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#83 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: You're the one who's "ignorant" if you're strictly going by review scores vs experience. Again, your claim is 100% horse shit because you're flat out ignoring the entire Wii and PS3 combined libraries that you have zero personal knowledge of.

I never claimed the 360 had no great titles, like ever. I know some of its games are fantastic, because, you know, I played them. But to even remotely suggest the 360 library alone is superior to two other combined systems is asinine, and proudly and loudly claiming just that is beyond absurd.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Translation: I understand that the only reason a game should exist is because its fun, or entertaining for the customer, but I will ignore this, and proceed to move goal posts and come up with ways I think it should prove it should exist.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By NyaDC

@Chutebox said:

You know the definition of console exclusive? None. Because it doesn't exist. Now change your list and get back to us.

It sure does exist, there are varying levels of exclusivity, there is gray area, it's not black and white.

@bobrossperm said:
@nyadc said:

@bobrossperm said:

PlayStation 3

Xbox 360

I got different info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3-only_games

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Category:Xbox_360-only_games&pagefrom=Soltrio+Solitaire#mw-pages

But sure, if you count the massive array of 50-60 metacritic XBLA titles, i'm sure the Xbox wins out.

PS3 has more exclusives quality exclusives though.

You might want to look again.... http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Category:Xbox_360-only_games

Notice the "Next 200 Games" link at the bottom? There are quite a few more games in general. What you're doing right now is attempting to scapegoat the fact that is has more exclusive games by demeaning a large sum of them instead of just saying, "I was wrong, the Xbox 360 does have more exclusive games"... Zero integrity...

"bu..bu...but the PS3 exclusives are quality exclusives though."...

Not how it works pal, this is numbers not your own personal list of qualifications...

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@SolidTy and PS4 is a far cry from PS3 so far, too. What's your point?

Nice try

I'm not arguing for or against any consoles.

I didn't mention PS4 or PS3 (strange you brought that up) or make this odd statement relating the Xbone to the 360:

@SolidTy said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Wow, gotta sell my Xbone then and erase all 360-related memories, whole 6+ years of them!

The 360 had more to offer in terms of quality games than PS3 and Wii combined.

Remember, the Xbone isn't the 360.

You keep equating the Xbone as a 360. You suggested selling Xbone because of your 360-related memories. They aren't related. You can enjoy your 360-only (which was a successful console in terms of multiplats) gaming memories from last gen and they have nothing to do with Xbone's future. The Xbone is a new product and is not leading the gaming generation or getting the multiplats the way the 360 lead.

It reminds me of people that bought a Saturn because they loved the Genesis or an N64 because they loved the SNES.

Again, it seems you bought an Xbone early because of your memories with the uber-successful 360...but the two products are different.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

@nyadc: This is false. Adjust your list yet?

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 NyaDC

@Chutebox said:

@nyadc: This is false. Adjust your list yet?

How is it false, please do explain Mr. Black&White.

kingsfan_0333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By kingsfan_0333
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts

"People keep wondering why the enthusiastic gaming masses seemingly had no issues detaching themselves from the 360 grip when choosing PS4 over XBONE, after a decade of "green loyalty"."

...so by the same logic, why did so many ps2 users have no issues detaching themselves from Sony and picking up an xbox360 in the following gen?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Going by this thread I think lemmings are the most deluded fanboys on this site.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Your forgot to add in the PS4 into that whole flavor gripe.. The fact of the matter is both the Xbox One and PS4 are the same fucking consoles with a marginal difference in hardware performance.... This shit about how "much better" the PS4 is just that, a load of shit.. The difference is marginal when the fact of how BEHIND both systems are with the pc platform in which mid range machines destroy both consoles hardware wise.. And when it comes to software, and features.. They are offering slightly different flavors of the same thing...

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@quadknight said:

Going by this thread I think lemmings are the most deluded fanboys on this site.

They kind of have to be. The facts are:

And last February, the ship was taking on a whole lot of water...

Microsoft's Xbox One Is Selling So Poorly Retailers Are Getting Desperate

Things aren't looking good for Microsoft's Xbox One. After what was admittedly a very strong debut, sales of the console have slowed to a crawl. Last month, according to research firm NPD, rival Sony's PlayStation 4 outsold Microsoft's console in the U.S. by a ratio of 2 to 1.

Is the runaway success of the PlayStation 4 simply overshadowing Microsoft's latest console, or is the Xbox One not doing as well as Redmond expected? The latter is looking increasingly likely, as retailers such as Target, Wal-Mart, and GameStop have begun to offer heavy incentives on the Microsoft console. (Industry, Xbox One)

Source

The Xbox One is quite literally a miracle away from teetering into Wii-U territory as far as the gaming market is concerned. Will Halo 5 bundled with XBone at $299 be that miracle? Survey says No.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#93  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@Salt_The_Fries: You're the one who's "ignorant" if you're strictly going by review scores vs experience. Again, your claim is 100% horse shit because you're flat out ignoring the entire Wii and PS3 combined libraries that you have zero personal knowledge of.

I never claimed the 360 had no great titles, like ever. I know some of its games are fantastic, because, you know, I played them. But to even remotely suggest the 360 library alone is superior to two other combined systems is asinine, and proudly and loudly claiming just that is beyond absurd.

I have owned a Wii, and Ps3, and played all the worthwhile exclusives, and I still say the 360 still has a better library than both.

I don't claim this as fact but I can definitely defend my opinion. Nothing is factual when comparing games, I could say banjo kazooie is a better game than bubsy 3D and it still wouldn't be factual. :P ...Don't play bubsy 3D.

The 360 is pretty much the ps2 of the 7th generation, then on top of that it was the multiplat box which you can't say for the Ps2. I know i'm going off the topic of games here, but add in the controller, full installs for games, music in the background, etc. etc - I love everything about the 360, except for the hardware issues, heh.

Which is definitely a legitimate reason for someone hating the thing, though the only problem left is the disc drive these days.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Salt_The_Fries

@Bigboi500 said:

Why is your "you're" YOURER than mine?

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 slim70

@bobrossperm said:
@slim70 said:

Actually the list of PS3 and 360 only games isn't that different in size. 360 does indeed have more, but the majority of them are low rated XBLA games. Though games none the less. 360 has like 240 exclusives where as PS3 has 215. On the upper half of the quality ladder, the PS3 has more higher rated exclusives. That's impressive for a badly designed programming maze like the PS3 with the least market share that gen.

Oh please show me proof that the majority of those were XBLA games. lol The majority of those games were big budget third party games that never made it over to the PS3. There was a major debate thread on the subject that was done here a couple years back and the 360 came out on top in both number of exclusives and quality. smh.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 slim70

@Shewgenja said:

@quadknight said:

Things aren't looking good for Microsoft's Xbox One. After what was admittedly a very strong debut, sales of the console have slowed to a crawl. Last month, according to research firm NPD, rival Sony's PlayStation 4 outsold Microsoft's console in the U.S. by a ratio of 2 to 1.

Is the runaway success of the PlayStation 4 simply overshadowing Microsoft's latest console, or is the Xbox One not doing as well as Redmond expected? The latter is looking increasingly likely, as retailers such as Target, Wal-Mart, and GameStop have begun to offer heavy incentives on the Microsoft console. (Industry, Xbox One)

Source

The Xbox One is quite literally a miracle away from teetering into Wii-U territory as far as the gaming market is concerned. Will Halo 5 bundled with XBone at $299 be that miracle? Survey says No.

Taken from N4G from a site called fool.com! smh. Piss off troll! Lmao!

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 delta3074

@tormentos said:

@delta3074 said:

Does shooting whilst Zip lining in Gears 3 count?

Anyway, shut, you are laughable , everyman and his dog apart from Cows would acknowledge that gears has better shooting mechanics than uncharted, and i was talking shooting mechanics, Melee doesn't even come into it but on that note, can you attach a grenade to your enemy and boot him into all his mates? can you kick people whilst wall mounting? Does Uncharted have bayonet charge.

Not that i have to bother, you are a hypocrite, we had this conversation a while ago during a graphics thread where you proved that gears had shit fire and even you acknowledged back then that gears had better shooting mechanics with the excuse that Uncharted didn't need to be as good because it was an Action adventure game with loads of Exploration and the main emphasis wasn't combat

And sorry, why would anyone trust you when you claimed the Xbone sales had declined after the holiday season when Jun, Feb and march the Xbone sales increased month on month over the previous year.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/03/12/xbox-one-hardware-sales-see-84-percent-increase-month-over-month-in-february-2015

Trust me, i ain't the biggest gears fan but it has the second best shotting mechanics in the TPS genre behind Vanquish and i KNOW that mines a Majority opinion

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 delta3074

@Shewgenja said:

@quadknight said:

Source

Ship appears to be fine now mate

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/03/12/xbox-one-hardware-sales-see-84-percent-increase-month-over-month-in-february-2015

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One: Halo, Gears of War, Fable, Forza

Playstation: Crash Bandicoot, Spyro The Dragon, Parappa The Rapper, Gran Turismo, Need For Speed, Tomb Raider

Playstation2: Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, God Of War, Devil May Cry, Shadow of the Colossus, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy

Playstation3: Littlebigplanet, Uncharted, Infamous, God of War, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, Motorstorm, Resistance, Ratchet & Clank Future, Killzone, Last of Us

When I think of noteworthy console exclusives (at least, for that given time period) this is how it breaks down to.

Am I wrong?

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 delta3074

@bobrossperm said:
@delta3074 said:

Explain shooting mechanics and what you mean by 'better'. And please not some voodoo ''it just feels better'' garbage. Cover mechanics? Sure, the locking cover in Gears is done really well. But something like The Last Of Us probably has the best cover system over all since it's dynamic and works on the fly. Tomb Raider also does this but it's not at your disposal like in TLOU. It's more activated when action arises.

Narrowed down to the ''TPS game'' which TLOU and Uncharted (2) certainly are, they are probably the most varied and best 'games' in the genre all things considered.

@delta3074 said:

Are you fucking mad.

PS4 doesn't only have one game though. Infamous Second Son, Guilty Gear, DriveClub, LBP3, Resogun, Helldivers, Axiom Verge.

firstly, you sir are a hypocrite

'But sure, if you count the massive array of 50-60 metacritic XBLA titles, i'm sure the Xbox wins out.'

you try to dismiss XBLA games on the 360 then list Resogun, Helldivers and Axiom verge as reasons why the Ps4 isn't a waste of space, if Arcade games are good enough to Beef up the Ps4's library they are good enough to beef up the 360's library, Savvy?

And resogun isn't exclusive, it's on the PS VITA as well

'Explain shooting mechanics and what you mean by 'better'. And please not some voodoo ''it just feels better'' garbage.'

Gears has better POV, better hit detection and better hit boxs for starters, not opinion, FACT apart from that it's gibby so you really feel as if you are Taking your opponent apart as bits fly off all over the place, the weapons actually feel powerful and the Muzzle flash, Tracer effects are far better then they are on Uncharted.

' Cover mechanics?'

Two words dude 'wall' and 'bouncing'

Aside from that gears is more realistic, people in the real world just don't slide around and jump from cover to cover like sam fisher, Try doing that loaded down with any sort of combat gear and you will be knackered after 5 minutes, Beleive me, i know from personal experience, you would not believe how carrying an assault rifle alone makes that shit awkward

which cover system is better is probably a subjective one to be honest, i am somebody who preferred Killzone 2 BEFORE they patched it.