Is the entry price for Xbox One X too high?

• 152 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45108 Posts

The system bills itself as the first true 4K experience, but in order for you to experience 4K, you will need a 4K tv which will cost you at least $500-$600. On top of the already high asking price of the system, you're looking at $1000 just to get up and running. Then there's games, and Xbox Live if you intend to play online. Some will argue that the Xbox One X is a great fit even if you have just a 1080p screen, but then why would you buy the system? You can get a PS4 Pro or low level PC that can do 1080p just fine. It seems to me that the barrier to entry is too high, am I rite SW? It seems like 4K adoption is still really low at this time.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

xbox one x offers more benefits to 1080p users than ps4 pro does, buying pro over ps4 slim sounds odd for 1080p, so it's 1000$ instead of 900$(pro) to get up and running?

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

Or you could simply keep or purchase an XB1S for $250 and play those same games at Lower resolutions, settings, texture quality, lower LOD, longer load times, NO HDR, etc.

Imo, it's well worth the $500 if you game regularly. Scorpio provides more Bang per Buck than any Previous console.

You don't need a 4K TV because Scorpio will still improve 1080P games drastically. One of those improvements is 16X AF and another is Super Sampling.

Don't Forget XB1 has HDMI Pass thru and an IR Blaster to control other electronics.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

As a none X1X buyer, (never will not when I have a high-end PC) I think the price for $500 is fine. Your paying for a super upgrade mid-gen console for what it comes with and unless you don't have a PC, (and spec wise) X1X is the perfect choice to upgrade or don't own an Xbox One at all.

And remember this, you get what ya pay for!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

It's certainly not cheap. But I bought a PS3 at launch and in the UK that retailed for £425 so it's not that much more expensive than other consoles I've purchase at launch.

Phil should of recommended that we all go get second jobs to help afford one!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

It's a premium device for players that want to have the best. Just like there is the Xbox One Elite Controller. That's also not a controller for everyone, just for people that are willing to pay a price for the best. So no, the price isn't too steep.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

Microsoft's biggest problem with the Xbox One X isn't the price (not for me anyways), it's the wait, it's still 5 months off. My guess is that with consumers now more fully aware of what Microsoft is releasing and when it's releasing, I think they'll be holding out on picking up a vanilla XB1S until they see more, know more. Pretty much the same thing happened to Sony in the same time-frame last year, everybody was holding out waiting for news of the Slim/Pro, then the Slim released with the Pro still months away. Probably Microsoft's best months against the PS4 were in that timeframe during that wait for the Pro, then that short lived success was behind them.

I see Microsoft gonna have a hard time up until the release of The X for the same reasons. Some people are complaining about the price but if Microsoft's Xbox sales start to dip too much then my bet is they'll probably release it at a discount of some kind. Surely the XB1S models will being seeing substantial price drops once sales start to dip big time, which they probably will. If I were MS, I'd prep a killer XB1S deal or few to ride out the storm.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

Nope, day one for me.

You cant build a PC for less than twice the cost to compete. No brainer

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#10 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Price is awesome. Getting it on day one. Most powerful gaming console in the world with the best games, best exclusives, best graphics, best online, best controller and best performance. It's really a win win for console gamers.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@howmakewood said:

xbox one x offers more benefits to 1080p users than ps4 pro does, buying pro over ps4 slim sounds odd for 1080p, so it's 1000$ instead of 900$(pro) to get up and running?

You can never say X1X offers more benefits to 1080p users than PS4 pro does because everything is up to developers if they really want to take advantage of X1X extra power for 1080p gaming. You think many will care to do so ? Time will tell and imho all depends how well x1x will do on sales.

If not i dont think developers will care much to take advantage of X1X extra power to make their multi play better than PRO in 1080p in most games

Also , i stated before why 499$ is an expensive price for worldwide sales. Big markets dont give a crap about spending 500$ , smaller markets though will favor PS4 pro big time because that 100-150$ difference for them is big , specially for a product that lacks exclusives , hype etc.

And guess what makes you a winner ? Yeap , to be appealing to all those small markets rather than US/UK only. 499$ pricetag , when there is PRO out there for way cheaper price ? Naaaah. X1X will sell okish at its best and im predicting a serious price cut in its first year or some big offer similar to what happened to X1 and PS3 in the past.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

I'll say yes it is too steep. I mean the hardware it has justifies the price but the experience won't be worth it considering you can have the same type of experience or better for less money elsewhere.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kvally

@AzatiS said:
@howmakewood said:

You think many will care to do so ?

Of course developers care. They are already taking advantage of the PS4 power over the X1, and taking advantage of the PS Pro power over the PS4 and X1. Now they will take advantage of the X1X power over the PS4, PS Pro and X1. They also take advantage of the extra power of the PC. It's been that way for the lifetime of gaming. Why would they stop now?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

$300 would have been too steep for a console with no exclusives.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PinkAnimal

@kvally: for the same reason barely no developer took advantage of steam machines: they sold like crap.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@EG101 said:

Or you could simply keep or purchase an XB1S for $250 and play those same games at Lower resolutions, settings, texture quality, lower LOD, longer load times, NO HDR, etc.

The Xbox One S does HDR.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kvally

@pinkanimal said:

@kvally: for the same reason barely no developer took advantage of steam machines: they sold like crap.

And because they had a SHIT OS included, requiring you to be a computer genius and reformat it Windows so that you had some games to play. Nobody wants to game on Linux, and developers are not interested in making their games for Linux with a shit install base.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

Good lord cows.

Let it go

This is getting frustrating.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Easy answer..ask yourself if you can build a PC that will play game as well or better than XB1X in my case Australia for $649AUD...if the answer is nope...then there it is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@SolidGame_basic said:

The system bills itself as the first true 4K experience, but in order for you to experience 4K, you will need a 4K tv which will cost you at least $500-$600. On top of the already high asking price of the system, you're looking at $1000 just to get up and running. Then there's games, and Xbox Live if you intend to play online. Some will argue that the Xbox One X is a great fit even if you have just a 1080p screen, but then why would you buy the system? You can get a PS4 Pro or low level PC that can do 1080p just fine. It seems to me that the barrier to entry is too high, am I rite SW? It seems like 4K adoption is still really low at this time.

It's things like the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro that will push 4K adoption rates. The Xbox One S did miracles for 4K TV's and blurays.

Did you feel the same way at the beginning of the 360 and PS3 launches? Did you factor in HDTV costs there too? Were those consoles not worth it then? Tech is always moving forward, and every decade or so you're gonna have to flush all of your old shit and hop on the new tech train. It's been that way since the 80's (before that obviously but I wasn't alive yet). How did you consume music, movies, TV and games in 2007? 1997? Everything is different. Every time a new format comes out, folks question the adoption rate and if the new medium is worth it. And every time those people have been wrong.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

I love it.

Playstation fans- They do not like their console they just hate yours.

Keep the salty tears coming.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PinkAnimal

@kvally: that doesn't make any sense, developers make games for OSs with 0 install base each new generation. The OS used on a PS or a Nintendo console didn't exist before those consoles. Also Steam machines had pretty much everything set up already so no need for the user to do much. Steam machines failed because they were too expensive and offered nothing over a normal PC, so pretty much the same two problems the X1X has.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@boycie said:

It's certainly not cheap. But I bought a PS3 at launch and in the UK that retailed for £425 so it's not that much more expensive than other consoles I've purchase at launch.

The key word in your comments is launch. Give me a minute and I can pull both both receipts for the 360 and XB1that were the same or very close to the price of the XBX. Power aside, it is still difficult to convince people to buy an upgrade for such a price. If it were an actual "new" console? Sure. That's not the case though.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

I was assuming a price range of $500-$600. As others have stated the benefits for 1080p and performance gains for past games with dynamic resolution and games getting 4k patched(which then should get supersampled down on 1080p set).

I was considering Ps4 if xbox one x was going to be strictly 4k. Also, i have a lot invested in xbox live and digital library that will benefit greatly moving up to the xbox one x.

This gen, i only have xbox one. If i had multiple systems, xbox one x might have been out of my range. Finally, i suggest signing up for bing rewards, you can redeem for lots a freebies and the reward points are easy to earn. 3 weeks of searches n quizzes and i can redeem for a month of xbox game pass, although im saving points for xbox store gift card and put forth to a future game.

Plus i plan on riding xbox one x at least 1-2 years into next gen launch. Will also look forward to a 4k tv set in a couple years when they drop down and hdmi 2.1 is available for the game mode vrr.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Shewgenja

@CanYouDiglt: You wouldn't even have the XBox were it not for the Playstation spooking Bill Gates. Ya'll only exist as some countermeasure. Your entire existence is dangling from the Playstation's nut sack.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

@CanYouDiglt said:

I love it.

Playstation fans- They do not like their console they just hate yours.

Keep the salty tears coming.

So much this lol

Also I'll add, Mighty X1X offers the biggest bang for the buck since Mighty 360 and that's really sayin sumtin... Baby!! . :P

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts
@boycie said:

I bought my FAT PS3 in Hong Kong for ~£200.00, PS4 for $260 with 3 games and a PSN card, sold them on eBay for almost full price so got the console for around £200 (thanks Amazon glitch).

Luckily a couple of years later when the PS3 was hacked I managed to modify some files on the firmware to convert it back to a UK console (swapped X and O buttons and default store pages and region) which even persisted on a legit firmware after re-flashing.

£200-£250 - Is about the amount I'm willing to spend on a console, a mid-high end PC is the way to go if you want better quality games + mods.

"Nobody wants to game on Linux, and developers are not interested in making their games for Linux with a shit install base."

I have a feeling that will change, remember with API like OpenGL and Vulkan games don't even need to be ported, just run them in Wine. Hopefully people abandon DX12. The only reason I have Windows installed is because of gaming, if not for that I would be Linux 100% because it's a better OS.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kvally

@pinkanimal said:

@kvally: that doesn't make any sense, developers make games for OSs with 0 install base each new generation. The OS used on a PS or a Nintendo console didn't exist before those consoles. Also Steam machines had pretty much everything set up already so no need for the user to do much. Steam machines failed because they were too expensive and offered nothing over a normal PC, so pretty much the same two problems the X1X has.

LOL, Steam machines failed because they came installed with Steam OS (linux) and ran barely a game. I know you are grabbing for straws...and you keep grabbing the shortest one, but you will get there eventually.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/06/its-time-to-declare-valves-steam-machines-doa/

"While SteamOS did a lot to help make the idea of Linux gaming more mainstream, the platform was hurt by a complete lack of system-selling exclusives, a dearth of support from most big-name publishers, and poor technical performance when compared to Windows games on the same hardware."

"Maybe the entire PC gaming market will suddenly and surprisingly sour on Windows in the near future. Maybe some out-of-nowhere killer app will launch first on SteamOS and lead to a run on Steam Machine hardware. Right now, though, it seems more likely that Valve's first big hardware push will continue to languish in relative market obscurity. Soon, it may end up relegated to the dustbin of gaming business history."

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/229500-steam-machine-sales-are-abysmal-steamos-may-be-dead-in-the-water

"SteamOS is still receiving bug fixes, feature updates, and improved GPU support, but its small install base and low sales could trap the platform in a death spiral. Weak Steam Machine sales means lower developer interest and decreased willingness to launch on SteamOS. The platform may have also been hampered by its lack of exclusive titles and a general dearth of AAA games."

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@CanYouDiglt: You wouldn't even have the XBox were it not for the Playstation spooking Bill Gates. Ya'll only exist as some countermeasure. Your entire existence is dangling from the Playstation's nut sack.

Doesn't the Playstation only exist because of a failed deal with Nintendo who dropped Sony for Philips. Ya'll exist cos Nintendo didn't want ya!

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PinkAnimal

@kvally: "Weak Steam Machine sales means lower developer interest and decreased willingness to launch on SteamOS. The platform may have also been hampered by its lack of exclusive titles and a general dearth of AAA games."

Lol thank you for proving my point. That screams X1X all over the place.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kvally

@pinkanimal said:

@kvally: "Weak Steam Machine sales means lower developer interest and decreased willingness to launch on SteamOS. The platform may have also been hampered by its lack of exclusive titles and a general dearth of AAA games."

Lol thank you for proving my point. That screams X1X all over the place.

LOL, X1X is Xbox and Windows. It's a no brainer for developers, lol. You just proved your own point wrong. Now THAT is funny, lol. The good news here is that developers have been praising the X1X, and there are already 83 titles confirmed to be 4K on the X1X and it is not even out yet. ROFL

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

No.

A 4K ready PC exceeds $499. An Xbox One X is a bit of a bargain for those that don't have a 4K ready PC.

(note: I'm only talking out of my own experience. My PC can do 4K, but I never use the resolution. and my PC did not cost $499.)

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CanYouDiglt

@Shewgenja said:

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

Depends what it really does and how much better Xbox One games look on it over the OG Xbox One and depends how much better if at all games look on X1X over the Pro. If both those check marks are achieved if def worth the price of admission.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PinkAnimal

@kvally: porting the games is probably simple, optimizing then for the specific hardware not so much and will require investment of time and resources. The two or three developers that praised the X1X doesn't mean much. Devs also praised the Vita and you can see where that ended up. Devs are not going to support a machine out of charity. 84 titles "true 4k" meaning dynamic + checkerboard + native. In that case the Pro also has a bunch of 4k titles. Also if porting games between PC and Xbox is so easy and cheap why are more and more developers avoiding releasing games on Xbox one whole choosing to release on PS4/PC? Answer: they don't see the point in wasting time and money on the Xbox and who can blame them?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Shewgenja

@CanYouDiglt: @boycie: Man, say what you will, that whole 6>4 thing in the Scorpio teaser had ya'll straight up jacked. And it really comes as a surprise to no one. The brain has to become warped a little bit after years of having no games to call your own, yet, somehow sell all of us on your excitement for ye olde plastic no games box.

There has never been, nor will there ever be, any question that you guys are here for a knockoff Playstation. You are that beta friend who sticks around hoping there will be a breakup so that you can slide up in all the ex's DMs. As sure as the sun rises in the morning, that's the truth of the matter.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#37  Edited By svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Sheesh, just woke up and cows are already starting the salt show. Good lord, let it go.

As others have said, you cant build a PC for $500 that rivals XboneX's specs, so to that end it is well priced.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

@AzatiS: In case you didn't know by now that Xbox One X can force higher AF on any game regardless of the games developer and every game with higher resolution mode will also have supersampling for 1080p, this isn't the case with Pro, so yes I can say it does and "everything up to developer" is incorrect as well. As I've understood you are mainly PC gamer so you should be somewhat familiar with enb's, and nvidia/amd drivers being able to push stuff like AF regardless of games own implementation, MS has imply included some of these for the One X

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By CanYouDiglt

@Shewgenja said:

@CanYouDiglt: @boycie: Man, say what you will, that whole 6>4 thing in the Scorpio teaser had ya'll straight up jacked. And it really comes as a surprise to no one. The brain has to become warped a little bit after years of having no games to call your own, yet, somehow sell all of us on your excitement for ye olde plastic no games box.

There has never been, nor will there ever be, any question that you guys are here for a knockoff Playstation. You are that beta friend who sticks around hoping there will be a breakup so that you can run up in all the ex's DMs. As sure as the sun rises in the morning, that's the truth of the matter.

You know the PS4 will have the worse version of every single game they share.

Hey Sony and Sony fanboys I have a message for you

Loading Video...

Enjoy the worst version of every game shared between the Playstation and the Xbox.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Shewgenja

@svaubel: you can if you're willing to factor in what you lost on the value of your trade-in for it on top of the Live fees. You can easily build a solid gaming rig for 700+.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Shewgenja

@CanYouDiglt: Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of all that Jaguar, checkerboarding, and 30fps in your post.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

@svaubel said:

Sheesh, just woke up and cows are already starting the salt show. Good lord, let it go.

As others have said, you cant build a PC for $500 that rivals XboneX's specs, so to that end it is well priced.

Yep, gotta love it. Good stuff. lol :P

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By CanYouDiglt

@Shewgenja said:

@CanYouDiglt: Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of all that Jaguar, checkerboarding, and 30fps in your post.

Was that supposed to be bad? No i'm seriously wondering. You do know any game shared between the two consoles is best on Xbox right? Sure you can play the sales game but I will play the better actual game. Just think about it, any game you play will be less then Xbox games. I want you to remember that while your playing games. You are playing the lesser version.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kvally

@pinkanimal said:

@kvally: porting the games is probably simple, optimizing then for the specific hardware not so much and will require investment of time and resources. The two or three developers that praised the X1X doesn't mean much. Devs also praised the Vita and you can see where that ended up. Devs are not going to support a machine out of charity. 84 titles "true 4k" meaning dynamic + checkerboard + native. In that case the Pro also has a bunch of 4k titles. Also if porting games between PC and Xbox is so easy and cheap why are more and more developers avoiding releasing games on Xbox one whole choosing to release on PS4/PC? Answer: they don't see the point in wasting time and money on the Xbox and who can blame them?

LOL, try bringing some substance to a debate if you are going to try to debate. You got rekt, and all you can come up with for a reply is that the pro has a bunch of 4k titles? Why do you keep debunking your own claims? It's a bit silly, don't you think?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Shewgenja

@CanYouDiglt: Oh, you have me confused for owning a system that only gets multiplats so I would give half a flying shit. I have a PC for the big boy stuff.

Do enjoy playing the superior version of God of War. Real happy for you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@CanYouDiglt said:
@Shewgenja said:

There has never been, nor will there ever be, any question that you guys are here for a knockoff Playstation. You are that beta friend who sticks around hoping there will be a breakup so that you can run up in all the ex's DMs. As sure as the sun rises in the morning, that's the truth of the matter.

You know the PS4 will have the worse version of every single game they share.

Enjoy the worst version of every game shared between the Playstation and the Xbox.

Actually, the Xbox One will still have the worst version... How does the Xbox One X make the OG Xbox One version better? Games will still be made with the lowest common denominator in mind. That's the Xbox One...

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PinkAnimal

@kvally: substance? With a troll like you? Barely anyone takes you seriously here and for good reasons, why should I? But great way to deflect an argument that you can't win, that's what you trolls do even if you're a pretty lousy one.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AzatiS

@kvally said:
@AzatiS said:
@howmakewood said:

You think many will care to do so ?

Of course developers care. They are already taking advantage of the PS4 power over the X1, and taking advantage of the PS Pro power over the PS4 and X1. Now they will take advantage of the X1X power over the PS4, PS Pro and X1. They also take advantage of the extra power of the PC. It's been that way for the lifetime of gaming. Why would they stop now?

Like they cared for PS3 when PS3 sales werent good ? We will see if they want to put more effort for a system that wont be leading in sales and if they do , how much of a difference there will be between those 2 versions on 1080p.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By kvally

@pinkanimal said:

@kvally: substance? With a troll like you? Barely anyone takes you seriously here and for good reasons, why should I? But great way to deflect an argument that you can't win, that's what you trolls do even if you're a pretty lousy one.

LOL, ok noob.

PinkAnimal

You don't have what it takes with the big boys here I am afraid. You know we just laugh at you, right?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By AzatiS

@howmakewood said:

@AzatiS: In case you didn't know by now that Xbox One X can force higher AF on any game regardless of the games developer and every game with higher resolution mode will also have supersampling for 1080p, this isn't the case with Pro, so yes I can say it does and "everything up to developer" is incorrect as well. As I've understood you are mainly PC gamer so you should be somewhat familiar with enb's, and nvidia/amd drivers being able to push stuff like AF regardless of games own implementation, MS has imply included some of these for the One X

Thats something we will be able to compare , side by side , in the forthcoming months Ofc some developers might push X1X hardware further but majority ? We will see